• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

it's not even that good an op!

it's totally fitting for what it is but I don't think it's that great...

/edit then again maybe i need to watch it like another half dozen times before it clicks like log horizon. database database etc

it's not even that good an op!

it's totally fitting for what it is but I don't think it's that great...

/edit then again maybe i need to watch it like another half dozen times before it clicks like log horizon. database database etc

duckroll plz ban

next you'll say that the Death Note OP 2 wasn't the best

What's wrong with LWA now?

Little Witch Academia is OK, certainly the best Trigger production,, but I'm not too fond of it. Visually it is superb, certainly, especially the cartoony animation. But I was less than impressed with the storytelling. It felt hampered by its length, as if the story had originally been written to be much longer and then parts of it were chopped out to get it down to half-an-hour. The first half was disjointed and the second half lacked impact.

Lupin's OP is quite good indeed, certainly my third-favorite of this season. But for as stylish as it is, it doesn't quite strike my fancy as much as the other two. Plus Perfect Insider and Osomatsu-san get bonus points for having both excellent OPs and excellent EDs; the EDs for Lupin and One Punch Man are unremarkable. The last time we got an OP/ED combination this strong was Ping Pong.

sonicmj1

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider 1

I'm intrigued so far. It's moving very slowly, but in a way I like.

What struck me the most about this episode is really the character designs. They feel a little more grounded than most anime, but they're still incredibly expressive, and that expressiveness carries a lot of these dialogues. I love how Nishinosono pouts whenever her attempts to flirt with Saikawa fail or get interrupted, or the contrast between his general dour mood and his excitement at the mention of Dr. Magata.

The dialogue has a tendency to be a little on the nose with its themes (both the myth of the self and the idea of getting dumber as we age get hammered on a fair deal), but that' snot so bad. Conversations circle around and veer off in strange directions in a way that strikes me as more real. Saikawa in particular loves to hop the rails in his conversations whenever they come close to something he's not comfortable discussing.

I'm definitely on board to continue watching, even though I have no idea what will come of it. At this point there's barely any plot to speak of.

John Blade

Got my Sakura Wars The Movie Blu-ray today. One more item in the collection and one more to go before I start the process to watch this entire franchise once I finish watching You're Under Arrest franchise which is coming very soon. It's kinda sad that I am almost done the entire franchise of You're Under Arrest. With it's own flaws, it's still a good series to go watch and not too hard to get into it as the story line and plot is design in a way the audience need to understand what happened in the previous episode.

I do hope Sakura Wars will be something more entertainment but from what I get from impression is mix from decent to bad. I guess I will keep my expectation on neutral when starting.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 10

They forgot Mokuba, terrible.

The games rules are so all over the place that I chuckle constantly, summoning Blue Eyes back to back, Mythical Elf can chant to give her points away isnt an card or anything. I like.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Episode 20

Will no one else ever see the duel spirits except Juudai. Everyone else is missing the comedy gold here, like the Elemental Heros falling in love.

I also love doing KENN's Gotcha with Juudai's pointing.

Cornbread78

Hatsukoi Limited ep.7-9
The tone changed in these episodes to capture more of the sad parts of love/relationships. Poor onee-Chan brother complex chick is annoying as hell and too many fails. Oh well, still pretty good and only 3 episodes left.

Cassette Girl

Her tits have tan lines. I approve.

This one is appropriate:

eGaQiZp.gif

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 50

NANDATO indeed. Wow the minus world episodes is the best mini arc in 5DS and I cant think of anything that could ever be this good. The whole duel, every single moment was just gripping and unpredictable. Power Tool Dragon is up there with Stardust Dragon for best dragon, and Lua for best non lead duelist. Luca is great too. I cant wait for 51
please win and defeat an Immortal before Yusei

Defuser

35th test Platoon ep 1
Gawd, I'm sick of the MC walking into the door of fanservice nonsense, didn't we have this in like 2 other shows this season? There is some hammy cringeworthy shit at the end.

Silvaaaaaa liiiiiiiiink!!

Subete ga F ni Naru 01

Very good opening episode, but i bet this show will be another show that suffering in slow-paced mystery solving(by sales), but i guess Aniplex won't even care about that, it's a show for the word of mouth, and director is a guy that everyone can trust.

Cornbread78

Mailbox

This would have worked perfectly this morning when Jarmel was asking to be fucked and Sabra was asking if he had lube...

That was a good morning AnimeGAF moment..

Speaking of lewd, wtf is going on with this show:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25099/...i_Shomin_Sample_Toshite_Gets♥Sareta_Ken

Narag said Funi picked it up and it aired yesterday, but there is nothing on the site.(mobile app at least)

Funi has it, but they are just being oddly slow about it.

Also, I guess random AnimeGAF podcast plug here: http://thatothersquadcast.podomatic.com/entry/2015-10-07T12_01_07-07_00
Featuring Jexhius, Bob_Coffee, sonicmj1, Geneijin (and some asshole named firehawk12 I guess) with timely discussion of Prison School and Night on the Galactic Railroad.

It took like 3 years or whatever, but it finally happened. So we can close the book on that chapter. lol

I really enjoyed this. I was already interested in Night on the Galactic Railroad, but your discussion about it made it sound right up my alley. It also seems like it would rekindle my desire to revisit Penguindrum as well.

Hope you all get to do more in the near future!

Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken 01

This is a bad show about a dude who gets kidnapped to be a sample commoner in a school filled exclusively with rich ojou-samas. Now that may not sound anything more then straight LN garbage on its own but he also has to pretend to be gay and have a muscle fetish as well or he will be castrated. I can't wait for the inevitable pile of "funny" homophobic jokes!

But really that could be forgiven but the greatest sin of this show is having the entire school consist of Ojou-samas YET NOT ONE OJOU-SAMA LAUGH IN THIS ENTIRE EPISODE. WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT A RIP.

The funniest part of this show is that the joke subs kept using the word pleb. Other then that the show does literally nothing. Will probably watch the second episode anyway

Cornbread78

This is a bad show about a dude who gets kidnapped to be a sample commoner in a school filled exclusively with rich ojou-samas. Now that may not sound anything more then straight LN garbage on its own but he also has to pretend to be gay and have a muscle fetish as well or he will be castrated. I can't wait for the inevitable pile of "funny" homophobic jokes!

But really that could be forgiven but the greatest sin of this show is having the entire school consist of Ojou-samas YET NOT ONE OJOU-SAMA LAUGH IN THIS ENTIRE EPISODE. WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT A RIP.

The funniest part of this show is that the joke subs kept using the word pleb. Other then that the show does literally nothing. Will probably watch the second episode anyway

Speaking of, it is there, wtf.. it doesn't come up on mobile site..

Quasar

In the manga at least I don't remember many homophobe jokes, but then the setup of him pretending to be gay doesn't actually come up much.

But yeah. No ojou-sama laugh is a pretty epic fail.

JulianImp

Seriously? That alone warrants dropping the show.

I mean, the iconic (albeit grating) "OHOHOHOHO!" laugh is what defines the ojou-sama archetype, even more so than them looking down on others.

Having looked up the synopsis for Diabolik Lovers (and therefore dodging the show) a couple days ago, the show strikes me as a similar domination fantasy according to your description, which is even more of a reason to drop it right away.

Narag

Speaking of, it is there, wtf.. it doesn't come up on mobile site..

Disable the mature content filter on the site. If you don't, the library is restricted by default on devices. Had this issue on my PS3 way back when half the shit I wanted to watch just didn't come up.

Puruzi

Banned

The thighs

Heavy Object 01

That was awful. I don't think Ive had such an instantaneous dislike of a lead character in a very long time. The first episode shows him as lazy, inept, and perverted. Everything in this show is cringe inducing. I will give it a couple more episodes, but I will probably drop this show.

Comet Lucifer 01

This is basically Eureka Seven. I love Eureka Seven. I have high hopes for this.

One-punch man 01

It was really good. The manga is really good too.

Droplet

Heavy Object 01

That was awful. I don't think Ive had such an instantaneous dislike of a lead character in a very long time. The first episode shows him as lazy, inept, and perverted. Everything in this show is cringe inducing. I will give it a couple more episodes, but I will probably drop this show.

Don't forget him deciding not to save someone suffocating because "oh no, I'll touch her boooobs"! Just the best.

I just remembered that I watched the first episode of this because I saw a trailer and came out thinking the CGI was somehow not half bad. Cut back to the actual show and the entire thing is bad CGI.

Someday the CGI revolution will happen. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom