• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

New shit I've watched as follows.

One Punch Man - A showcase for good animation the same way the redraw manga is a showcase for good manga art. I'm honestly not a big fan of the humor, I only read OPM the manga for the art, and I guess I'll only watch this for the animation. It's pretty damn fine looking though, so give it a try.

Dance With Devils - Otome Game Anime: The Musical! Brought to you by the same company that made Diabolik Lovers. It's got cool abusive dudes, creepy abusive dudes, weird looking hot guys that beat up your mom, a maybe-not-blood-related hot older brother who is magic or something, and if I'm taking what the OP's implying correctly there is possibly a dog that can turn into a hot guy for the segment of the audience who is really into dogs or something. Also the characters sing their own insert songs within the show. They just burst into song while going about their business. If the show continues to have the characters actually sing the songs instead of just turning the music into insert songs then this may outdo Diabolik Lovers as the comedy of the season. Speaking of Diabolik Lovers...

Diabolik Lovers: whatever the sequel subtitle title is - So at the end of the episode when the new cool vampire main heroine dude showed up I was like "OK so this would be a Midorikawa character but we already have a Midorikawa character so I guess he's a Sakurai character?" and then he opened his mouth and it was Sakurai. Other than Sakurai it was OK I guess? Mostly just a reintroduction of the characters and how terrible they are all, plus Pancake getting chomped on by three dudes right after waking up. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to ramp up the crazy.

duckroll

Animator Expo 35 - Cassette Girl

Probably the best thing Enokido has written in years now. More fun and wacky than Star Driver and Captain Earth combined. Masayuki's storyboard definitely didn't go to waste, and the celshaded CG actually did a great job of bringing the action to life. Koyama's designs are fantastic, and it's very impressive how they replicated Kaneko's background art detail even in CG. Lost Planet + Daicon IV + Transformers = fun fun fun.

Droplet

Oh right, the podcast was really good. I sort of skipped through the first half but I found the Night on the Galactic Railroad discussion very interesting, even without having seen the movie. I would definitely listen again if you guys make more.

Cassette Girl

Yeah that was pretty cool. Better mecha then that Pacific Rim one. Did they have Madao in that test tube at the end there?

Wait that was the last Animator Expo? Oh ):

firehawk12

Subete no aware
xDjhjNsl.jpg

I'm sure no one will watch Peeping Life, and I don't know if I can either since it's a 20 minute chunk instead of 5 minute skits (even though each episode is a series of skits), but it really is still the same old "let's put two weird people in mundane situations and see it play out" type of observational comedy that the show did in an amusing way back when it was on youtube.

I have no idea who Black Jack is, but this is their "What if Black Jack went to the doctor's office"? skit. lol

xDjhjNsl.jpg

I'm sure no one will watch Peeping Life, and I don't know if I can either since it's a 20 minute chunk instead of 5 minute skits (even though each episode is a series of skits), but it really is still the same old "let's put two weird people in mundane situations and see it play out" type of observational comedy that the show did in an amusing way back when it was on youtube.

I have no idea who Black Jack is, but this is their "What if Black Jack went to the doctor's office"? skit. lol

I watched one episode. Not for me. Black Jack is a doctor so their joke was that, I guess

Mendrox

So friend and me checked this season out yesterday:

Liked:

One Punch Man
Haikyuu 2nd
Noragami

Disliked (cannot remember these shit names):

Absolute Duo Show I (what the fuck did they call it blaze here too?!)
Absolute Duo Show II (Asterisk War shit?)
Another show that is like this, weapons from soul blabla
That Black Jack doctor show
Female Sherlock seemed cool, but everything else in that show sucked
Comet Lucifer (just didn't like it, although it gave me Eureka Seven vibes)

Neutral

That show with that professor where shit happens and he just smokes all day.

Neutral

Line_HTX

One Punch Man 01

For a while I saw getting bored like the look on Saitama's face... I think that's his name?

I thought that I was trudging a long and not much going on, just obliterating the enemies with only one punch. The first half was boring like the first half of a football game, and the only amusement I got was the way the crab talked. Kukupu~

Then I started feeling the exhilaration along with him as he had a newfound drive. I love this OP and the OST, as I'm a sucker for rock-oriented OST bordering on metal. I automatically want this OST, these tracks are fucking SICK! \m/

And... then it was all a dream...

I don't use old-fashioned alarm clocks anymore since I can use my phone to ring with any music file on there, but man, sometimes I feel like I want to smash my phone in the morning.

This city is messed up. How're they gonna rebuild those buildings back to prime condition like before? :p

LOL at those Subterraneans bailing instantly after he jumped out and kicked the King.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ergo Proxy Episodes 5- 6:

You know, if the entire show was like this, I bet it would have been more fondly remembered as these were good solid episodes that kept the pretension down to a minimum and advances thing in a satisfying manner. Before anybody comments on that statement, I am aware that I have not seen the real Ergo Proxy yet and I know I am getting to one of the biggest jumping points in the series.

co1onel

Cassette Girl

Was that supposed to be Anno waking up at the end to show he's now working on Eva 3.0+1.0 or something? Since that was supposedly the last animator expo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
xDjhjNsl.jpg

Hey, I watched it, but you'd only know that if you actually read my posts which you never do... cheeky. It wasn't great comedy. It was OK but it didn't get a titter out of me, I just could observe/ where it was trying to be humourous.

Also, ask AquaWateria if you want to learn more about Black Jack.

The Perfect Insider 01

I absolutely eat up banter heavy shit like this so I'm gonna be following this one closely. Really enjoyed it a lot so far.

Casette Girld

Clever concept but kinda awkard to look at.

Still fun though.

I'll miss Animator Expo, lots of interesting short were produced because of it.

phaze

[Monogatari series]

Nope, her appearances in Mayoi Jiangshi and Shinobu Time take place months after the main events of those stories.

March 25 - April 7: Koyomi Vamp (Kizumonogatari)
April 29 - May 7: Tsubasa Family (Nekomonogatari (Kuro))
May 8: Hitagi Crab (Bakemonogatari)
May 14: Mayoi Maimai (Bakemonogatari)
May 26 - 27: Suruga Monkey (Bakemonogatari)
June 11 - 12: Nadeko Snake (Bakemonogatari)
June 13 - 14: Tsubasa Cat (Bakemonogatari)
July 29 - 30: Karen Bee (Nisemonogatari)
August 14: Tsukihi Phoenix (Nisemonogatari)
August 20 - 21: Mayoi Jiangshi (Kabukimonogatari)
August 21 - 24: Tsubasa Tiger (Nekomonogatari (Shiro))
August 21 - 23: Shinobu Time (Onimonogatari)
October 24: Ōgi Formula (Owarimonogatari)
October 31 - November 2: Nadeko Medusa (Otorimonogatari)
January 1 - February 1: Hitagi End (Koimonogatari)
February 13: Yotsugi Doll (Tsukimonogatari)
April 9 - 20: Suruga Devil (Hanamonogatari)

I even forgot that the arcs of Mono themselves are not chronological but now Ougi's first appearance is a flash forward ? Much confuse.
04qzmxlrffhw.gif

Arararararagi sure has an eventful life ...

Blood-C 06

You've gotta handle it to the creators, they named their precious child very aptly. Banzai for spines and decapitations. Also RIP to a dozen of random civilians.
And the twins.

-Minsc-

Gin's Tama's - 292

Classic Gintama comedy, it just works. That question we've all asked ourselves, why does Gintoki wear one arm out of the sleeve? The Street Fighter bit was great.

I like the change up with the art and animation they did with the opening. The song is catchy and cheerful enough too.

Not really a fan of the ending song, that autotune stuff just doesn't do it for me. Very good artwork though.

Slightly spoilerly stuff.

While I don't know all the details from what I gather they are not trolling and actually foreshadowing in the ending. I'm going to enjoy these comedy episodes while they last. There are rumblings of the plot train steaming in at full force. So much so people are uncertain how GinTama will be able to continue as a gag series when all is said and done. Two back to back serious arcs (with what sounds like a third just starting) to me sounds like a big shakeup for GinTama. It'll be interesting to see now BNP uses their budget when it comes time to animate these arcs. In the past GinTama has always had the benefit of shorter serious arcs to work with.

I just found out the GinTama manga is on hiatus until at least Oct. 19th due to the sudden illness of Sorachi. With what happened with Iwata it's easy to start fearing the worst.

phaze

So GAF. What is worth watching from the last 2 seasons? Decide my fate.

Euphonium got very positive impressions in the spring.

Gits:Arise, Shokugeki no Soma. Maybe Shimoneta and Rokka no Yusha to a lesser extent. All latter three are manga ads.

Edit: Current season: Owarimonogatari, Lupin III, One Punch Man. There is apparently some mofu show too if that tickles your fancy.
Trapeze 02

This show ...

Theonik

I should specify, by last 2 seasons I mean this and the last one. Didn't really check out much lol.

But actually the season before that is also appreciated. I will investigate all the suggestions so far.

Edit: Oh, Lupin has finally escaped Italyland?

I should specify, by last 2 seasons I mean this and the last one. Didn't really check out much lol.

But actually the season before that is also appreciated. I will investigate all the suggestions so far.
From this season too? Hmm I'll cut it down to the ones people have shown some interest in, we have only had one episode for each of these so far:

- Sakurako-san
- The Perfect Insider (mixed impressions, I think it's really good)
- Noragami Aragoto
- Owarimonogatari
- Utawarerumono
- Young Black Jack
- One Punch Man
- Okada Gundam

Summer:
Wakaba*Girl
Symphogear GX
Sore ga Seiyuu!
Non Non Biyori Repeat
Monster Musume
Umaru-chan

For this season you should check out:

Comet Lucifer
One Punch Man
Osomatsu
Utawaretomono (You'll probably like this one the most).
Young Black Jack

Cornbread78

Summer:
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Charlotte
Working!!! (If you watched the previous 2 seasons)
Classroom*Crisis
Monster Masume
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
Gate
Rokka no Yuusha
Umaru-chan

Fall:
Comet Lucifer
Owarimonogatari (if you watched the previous season of monogatari)
Young Black Jack
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

squadr0n

Seraph of the End has been really good so far. Like Attack on Titan in modern day but without all the bs.

Also Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans. Best Gundam premise in a long time.

Not a lot has been coming out that I've been a huge fan of lately. Last show I really seemed to get into was Paycho Pass.

Gin's Tama's - 292

Classic Gintama comedy, it just works. That question we've all asked ourselves, why does Gintoki wear one arm out of the sleeve? The Street Fighter bit was great.

I like the change up with the art and animation they did with the opening. The song is catchy and cheerful enough too.

Not really a fan of the ending song, that autotune stuff just doesn't do it for me. Very good artwork though.

Slightly spoilerly stuff.

While I don't know all the details from what I gather they are not trolling and actually foreshadowing in the ending. I'm going to enjoy these comedy episodes while they last. There are rumblings of the plot train steaming in at full force. So much so people are uncertain how GinTama will be able to continue as a gag series when all is said and done. Two back to back serious arcs (with what sounds like a third just starting) to me sounds like a big shakeup for GinTama. It'll be interesting to see now BNP uses their budget when it comes time to animate these arcs. In the past GinTama has always had the benefit of shorter serious arcs to work with.

I just found out the GinTama manga is on hiatus until at least Oct. 19th due to the sudden illness of Sorachi. With what happened with Iwata it's easy to start fearing the worst.
I can say as a manga reader that it's most likely more than just teasing. Manga is pretty much beginning what is almost certainly the last arc

jbug617

Banned
Netflix has Seven Deadly Sins. All 24 episodes will be up on 11/1
http://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman...e-its-second-exclusive-anime-series-tomorrow/
Netflix NFLX -0.27% has scored its second exclusive anime TV series: “The Seven Deadly Sins,” based on Japanese graphic novels that have sold more than 15 million copies.

The company told Forbes it will announce the Nov. 1 launch of the series at New York Comic Con tomorrow. Phonetically known in Japan as “Nanatsu no Taizai,” the animated show has previously not been made available outside that country.

The series is Netflix’s second Western anime exclusive; the first was sci fi drama “Knights of Sidonia.” A third series, “Ajin: A Demi-Human,” will launch next year.

The anime series launched last year with 24 episodes airing from October to March. Netflix will release all episodes in Japanese with English subtitles on Nov. 1.

Credit to WTK
https://twitter.com/WTK/status/652485414112985089

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom