• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

this thread needs a moratorium on gifs again
No animated GIFs, only 2MB PNGs allowed. And Gameboy GIFs.
cgiVhdf.gif

DiGiKerot

They showed Psycho Pass movie as well.......now I'm jealous.

Well, that's for next weekend :)

That said, if you are based around London, keep an eye on this event in a couple of weekends time (though, given the number of hints they've dropped, it'd be a little surprising if one of those as-of-yet unannounced movies isn't Love Live)

Qurupeke

I was watching some Monogatari OPs and...

Nadeko Snake
Nadeko Medusa

I hadn't noticed that the second OP, other than extremely creepy in a cute way, is almost the same as the first one but reverse. Some things were apparent, like the colours, but also a lot of the scenes are like that but in a reverse order. And there are that "glitches" in the sound and the video that make it even creepier. I love this.

dan2026

You know I don't think I understand anime anymore. I was never one of those 'anime is crap these days' guys. But it feels like most of the stuff made these days just isn't for me.

Hell I don't know who some of these hyper sexualised, bizarre shows even are for.

It feels like there is 1 show per season that even interests me.

You know I don't think I understand anime anymore. I was never one of those 'anime is crap these days' guys. But it feels like most of the stuff made these days just isn't for me.

Hell I don't know who some of these hyper sexualised, bizarre shows even are for.

What's wrong with getting one show every season?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

There's a pretty wide range of shows this season that appeal to all sorts of interest groups. I don't really know what you're talking about.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't worry its probably just me being weird.
Gundam, Noragami, Haikyuu, OPM, Owarimonogatari, Young Black Jack, Osomatsu-san, maybe eventually Lupin, a lot of this stuff just has a really wide appeal and covers a variety of backgrounds even before you move into more specialized stuff. I just don't really get why this season would be the one to make someone feel left out on anime or something.

javac

Evangelion 3.33 US release date is February 2nd 2016 as a Blu-ray & DVD combo.

Space Adventure Cobra 16

Yeah, I was concerned I wouldn't be all in on the rugball stuff given the sports angle but this first ep of the arc was just perfect what with Cobra being a constant disruption by fucking with anyone and everyone.
Yes finally some shit I can get behind, Rugball is the best. Hypest arc.

jgminto

Gundam Orphans 2
Still good shit. While there are a lot of elements that remind me of other recent mecha shows, the universe they're establishing already feels further developed than most get through their entire run which reinforces the smaller events surrounding the Third Squad. I think Raise Your Flag is my pick for best OP this season so far, it's so bombastic and exciting. The ED, Orphans no Namida is also a great melancholic end to the episode, a classy choice no doubt.

Hey don't exaggerate! I calculate there is up to 1.5 show per season that are interesting!

Jintor

The only thing about Shirobako that kind of weirds me out is that a lot of its problems are solved by outside forces kinda just showing up (like real life) or people having contacts/experience (again like real life), but I suppose it's balanced by problems also just kinda of showing up (again, like real life) so whatevs brah

The only thing about Shirobako that kind of weirds me out is that a lot of its problems are solved by outside forces kinda just showing up (like real life) or people having contacts/experience (again like real life), but I suppose it's balanced by problems also just kinda of showing up (again, like real life) so whatevs brah

Well, Shirobako is basically about bringing the right people together - at least in the first half. Aoi fails everytime when she tries to solve problems alone.

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen 02

Another nice episode. Got to see where Haku's strengths lie and has a chance to establish that yea bad things will happen to people in this show. Only thing it is missing was Kuon perving on Haku again.

Jintor

Well, Shirobako is basically about bringing the right people together - at least in the first half. Aoi fails everytime when she tries to solve problems alone.

Right, I'm very impressed at the way it juggles its ensemble cast very well. Even though the OP and prologue led me to believe it's about the club, it's really more about Aoi and 'the whole of the work' as seen through Aoi's eyes.

Quasar

What's wrong with getting one show every season?

If I was getting that I'd probably be gone. Which is why I'm so annoyed about this season where I have 3ish shows. Where normally I'm watching 10-15. Really hope its just a blip.

Though I guess it gives me more reading time.

Ascheroth

Okada Gundam - 02

Still really good. I already like the universe they are establishing.
The show also does a good job making me hate the First Corps guys, which will make their inevitably downfall all the more satisfying. And I hope Crank will join Orgas gang, but he'll probably die because he's a nice guy.

Biscuit also has 2 little sisters. They are called Cookie and Cracker.

Jintor

If I was getting that I'd probably be gone. Which is why I'm so annoyed about this season where I have 3ish shows. Where normally I'm watching 10-15. Really hope its just a blip.

Though I guess it gives me more reading time.

I dunno, I feel like the backlog potential is so large it doesn't really matter what's airing in a season necessarily. There's always something to watch. Perhaps not necessarily to chat about, though.

zonezeus

Okada Gundam - 02

Still really good. I already like the universe they are establishing.
The show also does a good job making me hate the First Corps guys, which will make their inevitably downfall all the more satisfying. And I hope Crank will join Orgas gang, but he'll probably die because he's a nice guy.

Biscuit also has 2 little sisters. They are called Cookie and Cracker.

Crank is as good as dead, but I expect Ein to join Les Enfants Terribles.

Quasar

I dunno, I feel like the backlog potential is so large it doesn't really matter what's airing in a season necessarily. There's always something to watch. Perhaps not necessarily to chat about, though.

Maybe. Though I feel my backlog is pretty limited. At least in terms of whats available streaming. Which is part of it...I'm paying for two 2 anime streaming services to get current stuff. Obviously one show a season does not make even one of them worth it. Then again I still subscribe to netflix and would use it less than I would if CR only had one show for me.

dan2026

I tell a lie I am following two shows this season. One Punch Man and Lupin III.

I just feel a lot of the anime Japan is putting out these days is becoming increasingly constrained in target demographic.
Perhaps it was always like that I just never realised.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2:

It is a testament to how good the writing and world building have been when I wasn't bored watching any of it despite having a very loose grasp on who is who. Seriously we need some name tags here.

Quasar

I tell a lie I am following two shows this season. One Punch Man and Lupin III.

I just feel a lot of the anime Japan is putting out these days is becoming increasingly constrained in target demographic.
Perhaps it was always like that I just never realised.

Well its more constrained in that theres basically no original material. Which I guess is a combination of unwillingness to make stuff without an existing audience and the role anime plays in terms of other media.

The former I guess is no different to hollywood or aaa games I guess.

Of course I'm hypocritical with me lately just watching shows that are based on other material I liked already.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I will note some of the top shows this season are coming from so very storied franchises or are indeed adaptations.

Grzi

Hyakiuu 2

New coach girl is pretty fun but she is kind of unnecessary unless the manga is planning to run after the third years leave, but I've never seen that happen in sports manga.

Didn't watch current season of Ace of Diamond? its deal with that situation where the underclassmen moving on without their senpai. And its very fun scenario

Doesn't the same thing happen in YowaPeda? The anime ended right before they leave, but the manga is ongoing and we're getting a third season next year.

Well its more constrained in that theres basically no original material. Which I guess is a combination of unwillingness to make stuff without an existing audience and the role anime plays in terms of other media.

Of course I'm hypocritical with me lately just watching shows that are based on other material I liked already.

There are around 12 anime-original TV shows that started airing this season, so you are completely inaccurate.

Gundam Iron BLooded Orphans Raise your flag easily top three anime op of the year, though like the ED everyone is too clothed.

ED song is the type of song I love, I need the full version. Safly Monster Strike still has best ED song of the season.

Ascheroth

I thought there is a decent amount of original shows this season.
Garo, Fafner, Comet Lucifer, Concrete Revolutio, Gundam and K: Return of Kings and those are just the better known ones.

Valkyrie Drive 1

Skimmed through in 2 minutes. Jesus. So its okay to air literal hentai now. Id piss myself laughing if the vita game got localized.

...on happier news

Finished Eden of the East(tv)

I've never seen a show jump the shark so often but still manage to be pretty enjoyable. I can't wait to watch the movies solely to see what insanity they'll think of next.

Hyakiuu 2

New coach girl is pretty fun but she is kind of unnecessary unless the manga is planning to run after the third years leave, but I've never seen that happen in sports manga.
I think itd be pretty strange if Hinata truly became the little giant in his first year at Karasuno. I dont think it would end after the third years leave. Dont most series have teams lose in the big tourney at first?

Iron-Blooded Orphans 02

Biscuit, Cookie and Cracker. I am amused and their's will be the only names I remember probably. Anywho, another great episode. Love how during the battle they all used the dusty surface of the planet to give themselves an edge. In regards to the gundam itself I've always been a fan of the whole "this mech is super strong but takes a toil on the person who uses it' angle. Also Lt. Crank with dat honor.
RIP your ass if dead next episode though.

Turn A Gundam - 10

Interesting angle they're going for with Heim and Dianna switching places, and thus allowing them to see what each side of the conflict is like.

I'd say this should make negotiations between the Earthers and the Moonrace go smoother, but judging from the title of the next episode, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

pbayne

I think itd be pretty strange if Hinata truly became the little giant in his first year at Karasuno. I dont think it would end after the third years leave. Dont most series have teams lose in the big tourney at first?

They already lost the first tournament in the first season (summer one I think) and the next one is the big winter one, which im assuming they'll win. Basically the same structure as Kuroko.

Edit: Oh yeah Gundam IBO 2

I really hope Mikazuki and Atra get together. They are a really cute couple.

Jintor

Shirobako 08 - 24 -END-

I dunno what happened I sat down to have lunch and watch an episode and then another... and another... and another... and suddenly it's 11pm and I've finished watching the entire series

That was seriously amazing. If I had to make a crit, it's that the last episode didn't have any sense of 'climax' or urgency because the chief difficulty that I was worried wouldn't actually eventuate got resolved in the episode before it, so it all kinda floated around there.

I don't agree with any criticisms about Shirobako lacking emotion, but perhaps I'm more attuned to difficulties with creativity and the creative process.

Seriously amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom