• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainy Cocoa Rainy Color Season Episode 14
CRDYRp2WEAAv5m8.png
CRDZqc_WoAAPjM8.png

What a silly event though at least we get to see voice actors do a sexy pose. Im glad to finally have seen Sugino (Assassination Classroom)/Itsuki (Ace of Diamond) voice actor hes great. And Marue, Shunya needs more roles, how does he only have two?!

DiGiKerot

Hahahahahaha, Empire of Corpses ended up being kind of terrible. I might have just called it "a mess", but the post-credit sequence is the most hilarious kind of hot nonsense.

The OP is pretty but it's pretty useless. I checked it to see what new anime is on the air now and I'm pretty confused now lol.

Yeah BGBW is to be blamed for that.😌

Anyway try watching all these shows as they seem promising so far.

Young Black Jack
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
Osomatsu-san
Noragami (watch season 1 if you haven't)
Perfect Insider
One Punch Man
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru

Yeah BGBW is to be blamed for that.😌

Anyway try watching all these shows as they seem promising so far.

Young Black Jack
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
Osomatsu-san
Noragami (watch season 1 if you haven't)
Perfect Insider
One Punch Man

I think Osomatsu is a maybe, how will the actual show be since its not going to be like ep1.

L.O.R.D

Valkyrie Drive Ep 1

i've been told this is a good anime , someone just lied at me
so this is basically Seikon no Qwaser without breast feeding ?

in the other hand...

edit : just finish it .....yab,,,,its hentai already

nothing to do here

Blood Blockade Battlefront Finale
download.png

A strong ending, but not a fantastic one. Still it was an enjoyable ride, with likable characters, good animation, a god tier ost, and some good humor.

That said,
damn Leo, you didn't get the girl! White was literally the purest creature in that universe!

Hahahahahaha, Empire of Corpses ended up being kind of terrible. I might have just called it "a mess", but the post-credit sequence is the most hilarious kind of hot nonsense.

That's a shame. I was looking forward to it.

duckroll

Noragami S2 - Episode 2

Getting dark in here. The flashback montage for Suzuha was pretty well done. They're setting the tone for a pretty brutal adaptation of the Bishamon arc. Hope they don't hold back. If they can retain the production values from the first season towards the end, there's going to be some pretty awesome action by the end of this season.

Haikyu S2 - Episode 2

Watched this yesterday. It was really, really good. Great animation and amazing character expressions. They introduced an interesting new character, there was a lot of humor, and the faces were the best. When Haikyu gets good, it gets really fucking good. Also, I think this episode might hold the record for the most lines from female characters in the series ever. We even got guest appearances from two of their sisters! Maybe if they continue with this plotline, it'll balance out the extreme sausage-fest the series has been. :)

Gundam Tekketsu - Episode 2

That was alright. Pretty standard bridging episode. Not particularly interesting. next week's fight should be good though. All I could think of when the guy said "I can't fight child soldiers" was MGSV. "IF YOU SHOOT A CHILD, IT'S ALL OVER!" Lol.

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 2

The sort of story format they're going for would really benefit from longer episodes. As it is, there are interesting ideas but it feels like there isn't enough time to really fully develop them. In this episode the idea of the ghost kid being an innocent child's perspective forever is interesting, and his naive interaction with the bug race is a fairly typical sort of story which would have more emotional impact if there was more development on the relationship he had with the bug girl. The creature designs for the show is pretty cool though.

One Punch Man - Episode 2

Fucking hilarious. The action is still super awesome, and I love the way explosions and flames look on the show. So creamy. Pretty good adaptation. :)

One Punch Man - 02

Nice, the animation is still really great! And most of the comedic moments works great for me. Ahh even Namikawa is in this!
I guess my small downside with the episode was when Genos told his story. Even if the voice actor did a good job keeping up, and the comedic effect in the end, I found it dragging for too long and it wasn't visually stimulating either (Yes I know that was the whole point, but it backfired for me)
All in all really impressed with what they've been pumping out, and looking forward to more!

Concrete Revolution Episode 2

Time spent in the present is far better than time spent in the past. Its just hard to care for the past for the characters when we dont know them at all. The antagonists back story was far better due to its role it served.

Qurupeke

One Punch Man 2

Fun. The animation is still great and blends nicely with Saitama's appearance. I forgot how awesome it is to watch opponents getting power ups only to be beaten.

phaze

One Punch Man 02

Yeah, this was pretty good, even having read the source material short while ago. Animation remains great and the new arrival Genos provides Saitama with a good comedic partner.

John Blade

Watching Last Exile Fam, The Silver Wing right now (Ep 5) and start to notice the story tone is dumb down a bit right now. Kinda loose a bit of the special touch from the original series. It isn't bad right now but a bit worry in the story tone as now it feel a bit of comedic when the original show have this serious tone. Hope it change a bit as I continue watching the show.

Concrete Revolutio - Ep 2

The use of flash forwards is novel and interesting. But I can't say I liked anything else in the entire episode. They have a decent concept, if this episode is a clue for the rest of the series: show first a cartoony world with superheroes and supervillians and then show things aren't so black and white, but I don't like the execution itself. Dropped

Symphogear GX 1
So they performed a spaceship rescue using Chris's missile riding thing and in the process just cut through a mountain (to which they make a small joke about doing so), cut so many trees the lumber companies have it easy and then flipped the shuttle over a building. Certainly a way to start a show. Then, in the span of 3 months after this incident, the other 3 symphogear users are out of imprisonment despite threatening the Earth. Seems kind of light, even with some background deals. Then the concert with Maria and Tsubasa which looked pretty cool. And then the new villains seem just ridiculous.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Concrete Whatever:

Dropped. Just too much nonsense.

Concrete Revolutio Episode 2

This episode felt much more focused than the first, which was nice, but I can't say I found the story it told to be particularly compelling. Seemed to fall back on typical anime melodrama to make up for the fact that it hasn't fleshed out the characters or relationships that it clearly wants viewers to feel strongly about. If the next few episodes are all like this, I'll probably drop.

On a more positive note, I'm digging the tonal contrast between the time periods, and Campe's character design was pretty sweet.

One Punch Man 02

This show would be better if it was about the Android dude. Otherwise I feel like it blew its load on the first episode. Easily the show I look forward to the least, dropping next week most likely. Action shows with no tension are the worst kind of actions shows. As such I consider this no better than Star Driver or Captain Earth.

One Punch Man 1

That was a surprisingly enjoyable and moderately well-paced introductory episode, buoyed by thoroughly impressive animation and an endearing main character. The premise is exceedingly simplistic, occasionally wonderfully so, largely avoiding the dull repetition that could have easily settled into the storytelling as this episode progressed. Of course, as this is only the opening episode, the narrative could still become thoroughly stale as the season continues, so hopefully it remains creative in its execution.

Saitama is a rather likable character so far, despite his one-note characterization. Having never read the manga, I’m hoping that several other characters of worth will be introduced, so as to avoid the tedium that would likely result otherwise. A compelling cast of characters, after all, would benefit this story immensely. The preview seemingly indicates that another character will appear, though his involvement in the story, whether fleeting or lengthy, remains unknown.

Saitama’s dream was the most compelling and finely crafted moment of the episode, as it effortlessly wove together some striking direction, clever storyboarding, and a highly engaging conflict. The enemies will likely deteriorate in quality if Saitama is to remain unchallenged, but if the execution remains otherwise solid, these moments should continue to prove enjoyable.

The action sequences, though devoid of tension, were exceptionally well-animated and confidently directed. As such, though I’d typically consider a prevalence of straightforward fights tiresome, these moments still managed to impress. The comedic moments that peppered this episode were passable and occasionally amusing, but certainly not one of its strengths, though this could easily change as the series continues, particularly since Saitama’s personality is rather well-suited for humor.

When not aiding the action, the production values are decidedly mediocre, boasting little of note. This is, of course, a reasonable and likely clever approach, as it allows the action to be constructed with as much detail and exaggeration as possible, thus creating a series that will hopefully be able to faithfully adapt the noteworthy moments from the source material without needing to worry about budgetary restrictions. Musically, this episode was quite strong, as its lively tendencies complement the slightly satirical, yet energetic nature of the show immensely well. Benefiting enormously by superb visuals, the OP is quite excellent, elevated further by clever editing and some suitably bombastic music. The ED, though tonally detached from everything else within the show, is pleasantly light.

All in all, One Punch Man established itself as a largely enjoyable and fairly promising show, excelling primarily with its fantastic animation, which will hopefully overcome the potential repetition created by its monotonous premise. This isn’t exactly one of my favorite genres and I‘m not terribly interested in following this weekly, but if the execution remains solid and the animation creative in its embellishment, then this should be a reasonably engaging series nonetheless.

Concrete Revolutio 1

That was a thoroughly tedious opening episode, as it chaotically flittered between a myriad of narrative threads (few of which were interesting) in a weak attempt to hastily establish the story‘s complexity. This flaw was made egregious by the execution, which wasn’t capable of sensibly weaving them together. The pacing, as a result, was immensely detrimental, failing to capture the events that occurred with any measure of meaning. Save for one or two moments, the comedic elements within this episode were largely ineffective, lacking any wit or clever timing.

Grosse Augen’s
“death” and the subsequent reveal
was unquestionably the strongest moment in the episode, as the storytelling, if only for a moment, restrained its obsession with incoherent excess and provided some interesting insight into Jirou. Hopefully the transitions between past and present are either heavily reduced or excised altogether as the story continues, since they weren‘t necessarily significant and were handled rather poorly. I typically enjoy nonlinear storytelling, but it rarely worked here.

Jirou seems likely to be a decent protagonist, but this episode was hardly concerned with establishing the characters in a remotely substantial fashion. The secondary characters that have been introduced so far are fairly likable, but as they weren’t afforded considerable focus, it’s quite difficult to determine how good or otherwise this aspect of the show will be.

Aikawa’s writing seems to retain its sensibilities, both commendable and otherwise. I’d like to think that he’ll be able to restrain some of his more dreadful tendencies, but that doesn‘t seem likely. The appearance of superheroes and their effect on a relatively normal society is a compelling, albeit familiar, theme; one that possesses considerable potential. Since it is the only one that intrigued, hopefully this aspect of the story continues to evolve and, if possible, surprise. Though this episode didn‘t notably foreshadow a substantive narrative arc, a gradual diminishment of the episodic nature of the story would be ideal, since the slightly unique setting possesses considerable potential for one.

The use of exceedingly vibrant colors complements the eccentric nature of the show. However, this particular aesthetic, similar in concept to that found in UN-GO, can be awfully garish. If the visuals were coherently and thoughtfully designed, then perhaps these stylistic flourishes would impress, but, unfortunately, the art direction is often fragmentary and carelessly crafted. The character designs are fairly atypical, but not refreshingly so, as they frequently clash with the backgrounds, creating an artistic concoction that is quite unsightly. The music is nicely varied, but ultimately unremarkable, failing to capture the whimsy it appears to be aiming for.

All in all, Concrete Revolutio is a thoroughly middling effort that, though comprised of perceptible promise, seems likely to fester in a mediocrity that it wholly unappealing, particularly in a season that has been relatively solid so far. Similar to Kekkai Sensen, another one of BONES’ recent bits of mediocrity, this series appears determined to revel in the proliferation of the nonsensical. If the nature of the story had erred closer to Watchmen, as had been mentioned on several occasions, I’d be considerably more interested. Perhaps this show will elevate in quality as it continues, which is certainly possible, but this episode didn’t inspire much confidence in that eventuality. Mizushima can be an excellent director, but he’s also somewhat inconsistent, so it will be interesting to see if this ever becomes one of his more notable series, though, of course, I’ll likely drop this before fully discovering the answer myself.

Diabolik Lovers More Blood Episode 2

Pancake could have pushed the Murakami off, I dont like any of them as the Sakamaki's are why better. I hope Ayato rushes in to save her since she seems to have not had any desire to fight back.

phaze

Eureka 7 26
011702p6une.jpg

You fucking knew him for like a week or two. Wtf is wrong with you.

The whole, "people die when their robots explode" business was fortunately fairly bearable, if still silly and finished with "I can just disarm them" copout.

The climax battle of this arc felt really underwhelming, especially after all this build up. Maybe it's cause Renton's&Eureka's love affair lost me completely in the preceding episodes. Or because the "we hold hands so our mech is now super powerful" deus ex machina completely sapped the tension of the entire fight.This is something that GL, with the similar spiral power mechanic, did much better.

Anyhow, I'm not even sure if I'm to continue as my opinion of this series plummeted even further down during those 13 episodes. Is there anything in next 5~10 that may change my mind ?

Moaradin

That's one of the best E7 episodes. The show does end strongly, but if you don't like that, then I really don't see the rest of the series changing your mind.

Eureka 7 26

The whole, "people die when their robots explode" business was fortunately fairly bearable, if still silly and finished with "I can just disarm them" copout.

The climax battle of this arc felt really underwhelming, especially after all this build up. Maybe it's cause Renton's&Eureka's love affair lost me completely in the preceding episodes. Or because the "we hold hands so our mech is now super powerful" deus ex machina completely sapped the tension of the entire fight.This is something that GL, with the similar spiral power mechanic, did much better.

Anyhow, I'm not even sure if I'm to continue as my opinion of this series plummeted even further down during those 13 episodes. Is there anything in next 5~10 that may change my mind ?

Read this post.

Cornbread78

Owarimonogatari ep.2

Excellent episode. That scene and punch by Senjougahara will be the moment of the season, lol. Ougi really gers under his skin somehow, just who is she? I mean, she says she's Oshino's niece, but something else is going on.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 02

Watching this alongside Victory is really weird, since child soldiers are in both, but the circumstances and behavior are completely different. At least enemy pilots and bystanders always react the same way when they first realize a kid is fighting.

SephLuis

Valkyrie Drive

Oh lawd. You can see this is the same creator as Senran Kagura. He just decided to push lewdness to 11.

Wonder how that will fare in the game lol

Phatmac

Despite the premise of the show the comedy is surprisingly the best part of it. Seeing Saitama trying to kill the bug early on made him just another humanizes him while making serious when he needs to. Genos is a much needed character as it'd get boring with just Saitama every week. The tragic backstory scene was easily my favorite as well as Saitama's many funny faces he makes. The animation and music continues to be top notch as expected of Madhouse. Hopefully it continues to be great.

One Punch Man Episode 2

Man, what a step down from that delightful premiere. There was nothing there to really sell me on Genos as a character, and his fight scenes were dull compared to the utter insanity we saw from Saitama in last week's episode. It didn't help that he also got stuck fighting against generic Sexy Female Villain™ for the first half of the episode. As for the comedy, it managed to entertain pretty consistently but wasn't enough to keep the episode afloat.

One Punch Man Episode 1

Haven't enjoyed an anime this much since the end of Part 3 of Jojo. Was originally salty that they decided to go for OPM instead of a new season of Ippo, but I'm super glad this show is happening.

/XX/

You know, in a way the OPM's chief AD Chikashi Kubota truly saved the career of the current poster boy of the Japanese animation industry 'auteurs', Mamoru Hosoda, along another GAiNAXer and long-time friend Sushio (both touted at the time by their seniors Mr. Hiramatsu & Mr. Imaishi as GAiNAX "saviours" too!). Apparently, they convinced him to rise-up and tackle with their help the sixth ONE PIECE film, after the slump he had been in because of his failed attempt to helm a project at Studio Ghibli.

Trickster

One-Punch Man 2

Man, this is like one of those shows you only get every few years. The fact that One Punch Man of everything is the manga that ends up with an anime adaptation that is just godlike makes me so fucking happy. This animation and overall production values is what it's all about

Moaradin

Probably old news but apparently Arslan S2 got announced for next year. Didn't expect to see it announced so soon. Really enjoyed the first season.

One-Punch Man 2

Man, this is like one of those shows you only get every few years. The fact that One Punch Man of everything is the manga that ends up with an anime adaptation that is just godlike makes me so fucking happy. This animation and overall production values is what it's all about

Heh, I'm pretty sure that's not the case considering every year there's always a variety of really good anime that air.

OnePunch Man isn't really that unique in that case, but what do I know.

Comet Lucifer Episode 1
download.png

(Guys, I'm starting to think this was made by some people who worked on Eureka Seven.) Also, for all the mostly justified complaints against Funi's video, boy does Crunchy's stream run like shit sometimes too.

Those are some strong character designs right there. Not overly complicated, but enough to capture the eye.

Hey arranged marriage is fine in the modern age.

In hindsight, maybe having a hover car fight next to a giant hole in the ground wasn't the brightest idea.

"Water is flowing here, so there has to be an exit." I question the logic of that more a little bit.

That was a pretty decent ep. I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom