• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brave Beats Episode 1
CREgwIjWwAAPJFa.png
CREdHqDWIAAIyLS.png

Instead of being another TribeCoolCrew it is instead of Dance Boys Battle Action anime with transformations. I love Hibiki so far, he is great even if he isnt truly into dance but has to dance to defeat the nefarious aliens. The OP suggests the girl will fight too so I wonder how that will go down and there is a blue boy in it too so hoping he gets involved.
CREf6vmWcAEAidb.png
CREgQLsXAAE-VIv.png

A-bee does fantastic music to quickly dance and groove too, really underrated musical talent. Meanwhile lol performs yet another fantastic song. I hope they upload them performing and dancing to it.

Watch it be "root b"

I wouldn't put it past them as it seems like they want to milk the series dry. I mean look how much filler they are putting out for Naruto when it has already ended a long time ago.

Anyway if any thing is going to be officially announced, it's going to be during Jump Fiesta.

Katanagatari 02

So episode 2 and already there is someone who can Iaido at the speed of light. Ok. The dude who talked backwards made my head want to explode, thank fuck he died in like 30 seconds. Nisio is a real piece of work. Togame says that she doesn't want people to think she's a dominatrix because Shichika walks around half naked but then she has him smell her hair and lick her so he remembers her scent, make up your mind girl!

I assume Togame's eye randomly changing to the blue cross means something or will be a huge twist because it happens without any reason and no one brings it up.

Hahahahahaha, Empire of Corpses ended up being kind of terrible. I might have just called it "a mess", but the post-credit sequence is the most hilarious kind of hot nonsense.

Interesting. I have seen some contrasting impressions of this film, so I'll be curious to see it for myself. I'd be curious to know if your opinion of the original novel is similar or if you think this is a poor adaptation. (I have not read any of Itoh's work.)

duckroll

I think Empire of Corpses isn't even a completed novel by Itoh. It was something he was writing before he died, and the actual novel is something pretty recent which was completed by Toh EnJoe. He's a pretty crazy scifi writer who also wrote the craziest episodes of Space Dandy, so I'm not surprised that the reaction to it would be very divisive. Lol.

I think Empire of Corpses isn't even a completed novel by Itoh. It was something he was writing before he died, and the actual novel is something pretty recent which was completed by Toh EnJoe. He's a pretty crazy scifi writer who also wrote the craziest episodes of Space Dandy, so I'm not surprised that the reaction to it would be very divisive. Lol.

Ah yes, I forgot that this was the posthumously completed novel. That would explain any oddities in plot development. Especially since, as you say, Enjoe is certifiably insane.

Oamajo Doremi 17:

This was a downright incredible episode. The direction was absolutely top notch, there were some really gorgeous visuals throughout the whole episode, and the story was also really fantastic. I really enjoyed finding out more about Masaru and learning about his struggles. It's easy to see how someone like him could become misunderstood easily, especially since he doesn't talk very much, and keeps a lot of his feelings bottled up. It was sad to see how he was misconstrued by most of his classmates, but it was great to see Seki-sensei really step up in this episode. She's had some great scenes before now, but here we really see her being a great teacher, looking out for her students, and really going above and beyond to help out Masaru.

All of this was really gratifying on a number of levels, and it works pretty much entirely on the basis of how good the characters and writing in this series are. They all feel like well realized people, and the show is clearly putting a lot of care into each and every one of them. This is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the show.

I'd also like to give some special props to composer Keiichi Oku for this episode. His music has always been incredible in the series, but this episode felt on another level entirely, building up each scene effectively, and really hitting all the right emotional moments. The music is really one of the hidden strengths of this show.

Jarmel

Banned
35 Shiken Shoutai-1

The pacing for this is completely on crack. Feels like they jammed two maybe three episodes worth of material into one especially near the end. There's also some tone whiplash especially with how dark that ending was.

That said, I do like the character designs a lot which is probably the main reason I'm going to possibly keep watching.

Katanagatari 03

I can only think that Shichika's absoulute (and baseless?) faith in Togame is because of his naivete of never meeting anyone outside his Sister and Father for 20 years. It's probably going to bite him in the ass too, as I'm sure Togame is doing this for a different reason then the one given. The hair in this series is pretty ridiculous. Almost Shiki levels.

There was the infamous fight that never happens in the next episode preview. Why.

Narag

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2
This has had such a great start. So much so that I'm already dreading the 00 levels of salt I'll end up with once it goes bad-bad and not just Okada-bad.

One Punch Man 2
Much better outing this week with Genos being able to work off Saitama. His skillset seems more conducive to more exciting set pieces too.

Space Adventure Cobra 17
Two eps into the Rugball stuff and it's like this masterclass in how to handle an arc of a show. There's this slow natural escalation of events as alliances are broken and formed, enemies are made, and absolutely no one is safe as Cobra probes his way deeper into his real mission.

Valkyrie Drive ~Mermaid~ 1
Surprisingly enjoyable. I indulge in a show like this now and then and see no reason not to this time around either.

Young Blackjack 2
Thoroughly enjoyed the second ep of this as there was no longer any need to use runtime to establish characters as in the first ep. As a result, there was much more time to let the moral quandary play out in a satisfying fashion. Next ep looks great too as it appears to focus on American deserters from Vietnam. Hoping from here on out this becomes the show I was expecting it to be.

Sterok

Aikatsu 154

Wow, they're not holding back on the season 1 call backs. Nono even has a kid brother. I hope this means Nono and Risa have to compete for Pon Pon Crepe. Juri being a boss like always. They're both using Dolly Devil? Odd, but okay. They sure got to the ed quickly. Good first dance for those two.

35 Shiken Shoutai-1

The pacing for this is completely on crack. Feels like they jammed two maybe three episodes worth of material into one especially near the end. There's also some tone whiplash especially with how dark that ending was.

That said, I do like the character designs a lot which is probably the main reason I'm going to possibly keep watching.
Apparently the author said they are adapting nine volumes. Even in 2 cours that should make for some interesting pacing if its true.

Young Blackjack 2

Thoroughly enjoyed the second ep of this as there was no longer any need to use runtime to establish characters as in the first ep. As a result, there was much more time to let the moral quandary play out in a satisfying fashion. Next ep looks great too as it appears to focus on American deserters from Vietnam. Hoping from here on out this becomes the show I was expecting it to be.

So what's the reason why Black Jack constantly has his shirt off anyway?

Oamajo Doremi 17:

This was a downright incredible episode. The direction was absolutely top notch, there were some really gorgeous visuals throughout the whole episode, and the story was also really fantastic. I really enjoyed finding out more about Masaru and learning about his struggles. It's easy to see how someone like him could become misunderstood easily, especially since he doesn't talk very much, and keeps a lot of his feelings bottled up. It was sad to see how he was misconstrued by most of his classmates, but it was great to see Seki-sensei really step up in this episode. She's had some great scenes before now, but here we really see her being a great teacher, looking out for her students, and really going above and beyond to help out Masaru.

All of this was really gratifying on a number of levels, and it works pretty much entirely on the basis of how good the characters and writing in this series are. They all feel like well realized people, and the show is clearly putting a lot of care into each and every one of them. This is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the show.

I'd also like to give some special props to composer Keiichi Oku for this episode. His music has always been incredible in the series, but this episode felt on another level entirely, building up each scene effectively, and really hitting all the right emotional moments. The music is really one of the hidden strengths of this show.

Seki-sensei is really awesome.
One of the good things of Ojamajo Doremi is how the cast is developed during the series.

[Urusei Yatsura] - 148
RYbGNSU.jpg

Sidetail Lum was good, I want more.

Ran needs money for a date, since she couldn't get it from Lum she tries her luck with Oyuki...that's like, not a good idea. Featuring a snow woman with a cold.

Is this a franchise staple?

Nope.

Obviously more comfortable going about his daily life that way.

Or fujoshi pandering.

Probably somewhere in the middle.

This season really shows how strong a force fujoshi are in the anime industry, in case anyone was still unaware. Young Black Jack, Iron-Blooded Orphans, One Punch Man, Osomatsu-san, Diabolik Lovers, K, Dance with Devils, Starmyu...

Cornbread78

Comet Lucifer ep.2
Ok, we have a couple new characters and a new secret military org. as well as people from another planet. The mecha character and transformation at the end were pretty interesting too. I'm diggin' the tone of the show so far.

Jintor

feeling my usual post-show depression, not sure what to head to next. possibilities:

- Usagi Drop
- Barakamon
- Wandering Son
- Durarara
- Shin Sekai Yori
- Mushi-shi
- Sound Emporium
- My LOVE Story
- Hyouka

- Maybe finish up Love Lab? Or just leave it on the bg, while I do something else lol

advice me

/edit actually fuck it i've been pretty curious about Hyouka, let's try that.

Nope.

This season really shows how strong a force fujoshi are in the anime industry, in case anyone was still unaware. Young Black Jack, Iron-Blooded Orphans, One Punch Man, Osomatsu-san, Diabolik Lovers, K, Dance with Devils, Starmyu...

That reminds me of how fierce some otome fans get when their otome series boys get paired up.

Odd you dont list Seraph of the End when most of the material is YuuMika, MikaYuu or GurenShinya or even Haikyuu.

Narag

There were seven different shirtless men of various ges in that ep. Something for everyone.

feeling my usual post-show depression, not sure what to head to next. possibilities:

- Usagi Drop
- Barakamon
- Wandering Son
- Durarara
- Shin Sekai Yori
- Mushi-shi
- Sound Emporium
- My LOVE Story
- Hyouka

- Maybe finish up Love Lab? Or just leave it on the bg, while I do something else lol

advice me

Hyouka, followed by Barakamon. Enjoy :)

Droplet

Heh.

Hyouka-gifs-hyouka-34647862-500-281.gif

A welcome change after the dominance of shows directed towards the male audience for the past couple years. I wouldn't really include Diabolik Lovers and Dance with Devils in that, though.

Taruranto

Nope.

We had 2 anime 2 weeks in a row where the main leads were shirtless 90% of the times.

Given the anime fandom reactions to SSY and Free reveal, I'm surprised no one freaked out.

Sleep tight sweet Jintor.

We had 2 anime 2 weeks in a row where the main leads were shirtless 90% of the times.

Given the anime fandom reactions to SSY and Free reveal, I'm surprised no one freaked out.

Well clearly the anime community is more mature now.

HA, HA, HA, HA.

It's nice to dream.

In all honesty, it's probably because there's a lot of boobs and lady butts to balance it out.

- Usagi Drop
- Barakamon
- Wandering Son
- Durarara
- Shin Sekai Yori
- Mushi-shi
- Sound Emporium
- My LOVE Story
- Hyouka

advice me

Hyouka is a great choice. From the New World, Wandering Son and Usagi Drop are all worthy choices, too. That's a pretty great list of choices, really.

kewlmyc

I think Valkyrie Drive can offset all that solo.
Pretty much. Enough fanservice and yuri to counterbalance all the fuoshi this season. Hell probably for the rest of the year.

Also, I continue to be confused as to what the hell K is. It's like a hodgepodge of many genres, has great animation, full of homolust and gratuitous fanservice of the only women in the show (sans Anna), and sells fantastically plus gets good ratings as well. I also barely understand whatever the plot is going to be. It's essentially Color Gang Wars I guess.

Pretty much. Enough fanservice and yuri to counterbalance all the fuoshi this season. Hell probably for the rest of the year.

Also, I continue to be confused as to what the hell K is. It's like a hodgepodge of many genres, has great animation, full of homolust and gratuitous fanservice of the only women in the show (sans Anna), and sells fantastically plus gets good ratings as well. I also barely understand whatever the plot is going to be. It's essentially Color Gang Wars I guess.
K is like trash that chameleons itself into being entertaining. The premise has potential but it's ruined by the writing. And I can't quit.

Make sure you read all the K novels and mangas.

Cornbread78

Asterix War ep.2
Yeah, so far I give the nod to Cavelry in a head to head battle. This MC does have a full blown harem already, but I like the tone of Cavelry better so far. You can tell this MC is going to be way to OP and it's gonna be way to easy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom