• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbayne

I mean sure, there is nice amount of thought put into the framing but it's not a thing a that can dramatically change my opinion of the episode. Most of the other thins I caught more or less.

I'll probably end up watching the rest like the masochist I'm...

I definitely know that feeling with Eureka 7. Good show but its simply too long and has a lot of tedious episodes. They could have accomplished everything in 25 episodes instead of 50.

Sölf

Seraph S2 01
Why am I watching this? While I have to admit it was one of the better episodes, it's still just as bad as S1 and the only redeeming factor in this show is Shinoa aka Troll Girl. And I already had the feeling like some things between last season and this were skipped, or I already forgot so much from S1 because it was so boring. Like, what the heck was with the scene in the beginning between Shinoa and Guren?

And it seems Slaine now has a role in here.

Cornbread78

Blast of Tempest ep. 1-6
So we've been watching this as part of our latest "Let's Watch" and t has been pretty damn good so far. The tone is good, the world is unique, they actually spell out the lore and rules for the world and the characters are interesting. I was really happy with the show until the very last couple seconds of ep.6, but now with that tiny 2 second clip, somebody that is already dead, I want to kill them again, and again and again and again.... I hate tricks...

Anyhow, this show is really good, but we have a long way to go.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, There is still two weeks left, but it's alomost time to start taking recs. for the next "Let's Watch"

can be anywhere from 1-24 episodes.

So far there is an outstanding request for Future Diary (dubbed edition) since it has yet to air on Toonami, but will need additional recs moving forward.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder how different western medical drama with japanese manga/dorama like blackjack ni yoroshiku (not related to osamu tezuka blackjack) or team medical dragon. I've read both manga, and both of them focus on doctor corruption and cricism of Japanese health care. For more idealistic healthcare, there's godhand Teru and saijo no meii. Doctor in small island, there's doctor Koto. Supposedly all of them have medical supervisor to ensure that the procedure are accurate
You know, I've heard of Team Medical Dragon... I have to assume that a lot of Japanese attempts are somewhat trying to copy American shows though, especially since I know they got shows like House there dubbed in Japanese (House-sensei lol).

This is just wrong, S1-S3 were the best seasons of House.
13, Taub, and Kutner were my original three. lol

phaze

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, There is still two weeks left, but it's alomost time to start taking recs. for the next "Let's Watch"

So far there is an outstanding request for Future Diary (dubbed edition) since it has yet to air on Toonami, but will need additional recs moving forward.

I kinda want to see people watch Mirai Nikki.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

But still, I might or might have not made this reccomendation before (!!!) Kyousougiga (!!!)

If it's 24 episode long then maybe Gankutsuo ? Or Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas if you want something shouneny. (It's a manga ad without a conclusive ending though.)

13, Taub, and Kutner were my original three. lol

absolutelydisgusting.jpg

Still, I think at least Foreman is still present in those seasons IIRC ? I know Chase comes back at some point. The latter seasons are kind of a blur.

----------
Anybody knows if there is a second part/longer version of this gif somewhere in the vast spaces of net ?

Exalted

Could always watch the old Utawarerumono , since the new one is airing this season.

pbayne

Someone help me choose a show: Warning this is an eclectic list

The Big O(seen it before when I was young but cant remember a lot of it)
Time of Eve
Angel Beats
Haibane Renmei
Princess TuTu
Love stage
Digimon tamers(same situation as Big O)

Cornbread78

DearS ep. 1-3:
Ok, this was my mindless watch for this afternoon; I don't even know why, but I had added this to my Crunchy queue when it was added a few weeks ago and decided to give it a roll. To put it mildly, it is your classic ecchi romcom (not really any "rom," but ya know..) I'll watch this one a few episodes at a time and see where it goes...

Time of Eve
Angel BeatsHaibane Renmei
Princess TuTu
Love stage

Angel BEATS! Angel Beats, Angel Beats!!!

Time of Eve
Angel Beats
Haibane Renmei
Princess TuTu
Love stage

Watch the Big O. I need to watch that myself, but from what I've heard, it's one of those really good mecha shows.

Time of Eve
Angel Beats
Haibane Renmei
Princess TuTu
Love stage

Princess Tutu, easy.

javac

Space Adventure Cobra 17

Two eps into the Rugball stuff and it's like this masterclass in how to handle an arc of a show. There's this slow natural escalation of events as alliances are broken and formed, enemies are made, and absolutely no one is safe as Cobra probes his way deeper into his real mission.
Rugball is the best.

Time of Eve
Angel Beats
Haibane Renmei
Princess TuTu
Love stage
Only thing I've seen there is The Big O. It's a pretty great series. I prefer the first season personally as it took a more episodic approach which allowed for more verity with a monster of the week approach with detective elements to break up all of the action. I feel as if the first season is pretty much god-tier and the second season streamlines a bit and is more of a traditional arc. Season 2 has some great episodes no doubt and I love the ending and the way in which it all reaches a boiling point but as a whole I do really like that series.

Due to it getting time on Toonami back in the day its not totally overlooked but at the same time I don't see it talked about as much as many other mecha series. It's a great one for sure. Cool character designs, awesome soundtrack, slick mechanical designs all topped off with some GOAT episodes in a slick noir package. Great show. I should watch it again some time. Cast in the name of God, Ye not guilty.

Haibane Renmei is a show that gets a lot of love so I think most people will urge you to check that out.

Time of Eve
Angel Beats
Haibane Renmei
Princess TuTu
Love stage

Time of Eve (it's fairly short), then Haibane Renmei, then Princess Tutu.

Eureka 7 was a weird fucking show.

Reminded me of Evangelion in some bizarre ways.

I kinda hated Eureka 7 the first time I watched it.

On my second viewing, I appreciated it more because I wasn't expecting it to be a mecha show anymore.

Eureka has mecha show elements, but I don't consider it one.

[Urusei Yatsura] - 149

Jariten makes a new friend, a blowfish, but he doesn't have the money to buy him, not to worry, Ataru got his back. Ataru haggles with the shopkeeper, getting the price down but Ataru wants to eat it when its fully grown. Jariten give him a oni candy that makes it grown up and able to fly, and then it goes around Tomobiki causing havoc, because it doesn't like when people call it ugly or because people want to eat it.

Osomatsu-san 2

Very meh compared to the strong first episode. Wanted this whole thing to be about a series from the 60s trying to adapt to the modern day, but now it's just another gag show. Might drop if ep 3 doesn't impress.

Jarmel

Banned
I definitely know that feeling with Eureka 7. Good show but its simply too long and has a lot of tedious episodes. They could have accomplished everything in 25 episodes instead of 50.

No they couldn't have. Not without completely butchering the pacing.

Does anyone have a few minutes to proof read my Tales of Zestiria OT? It goes up on Wednesday/Thursday, but need to make any last minutes changes and additions in the next couple days.

I'm no Tales expert or anything but I just happen to have finished all my school work and I'm still in scholar mode. If it's just proofreading, I can do it for you. If it's terms, gameplay stuff and whatnot I won't be able to help much. I am still debating whether or not to buy this since I have SMT Strange Journey on its way, but maybe this OT of yours would convince me to buy it aha.

jgminto

Turns out this is a pretty solid season. Gundam, One Punch Man, Osomatsu-san, Haikyuu, Young Black Jack, there's some good shit. Hopefully it doesn't end with crushing disappointment.

Cornbread78

I'm no Tales expert or anything but I just happen to have finished all my school work and I'm still in scholar mode. If it's just proofreading, I can do it for you. If it's terms, gameplay stuff and whatnot I won't be able to help much. I am still debating whether or not to buy this since I have SMT Strange Journey on its way, but maybe this OT of yours would convince me to buy it aha.

Sweet, thanks. A couple of eyes really helps out so I don't screw it up.

Also, on a side note. What is Death Note all about? I guess some girl ar the local HS got suspended from school for putting together a hit/death list based on that anime!? What is that about?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Osomatsu-san 2

Very meh compared to the strong first episode. Wanted this whole thing to be about a series from the 60s trying to adapt to the modern day, but now it's just another gag show. Might drop if ep 3 doesn't impress.

Pretty much my feelings on this episode.

Pretty much my feelings on this episode.

Likewise.

I think there was a pretty fun Kaiji reference but that's all I got out of this episode really. As someone who's bad with names etc., having 6 rather similar looking main characters is rather confusing as well.

Sweet, thanks. A couple of eyes really helps out so I don't screw it up.

Also, on a side note. What is Death Note all about? I guess some girl ar the local HS got suspended from school for putting together a hit/death list based on that anime!? What is that about?

No worries!

Here's MALs synopsis for you:
A shinigami, as a god of death, can kill any person—provided they see their victim's face and write their victim's name in a notebook called a Death Note. One day, Ryuk, bored by the shinigami lifestyle and interested in seeing how a human would use a Death Note, drops one into the human realm.

High school student and prodigy Light Yagami stumbles upon the Death Note and—since he deplores the state of the world—tests the deadly notebook by writing a criminal's name in it. When the criminal dies immediately following his experiment with the Death Note, Light is greatly surprised and quickly recognizes how devastating the power that has fallen into his hands could be.

With this divine capability, Light decides to extinguish all criminals in order to build a new world where crime does not exist and people worship him as a god. Police, however, quickly discover that a serial killer is targeting criminals and, consequently, try to apprehend the culprit. To do this, the Japanese investigators count on the assistance of the best detective in the world: a young and eccentric man known only by the name of L.

The show was pretty good. I'd recommend checking it out. Tons of my friends that don't even watch anime watched this one way back when, it was kind of a cult hit.

Osomatsu-san 2

I mean I didn't hate it but I guess this is the tone the show will go from now on. It's like a milder Gintama and I can't believe I'm saying this, but it needs a Shinpachi. When everybody is like a mild version of Gintoki it doesn't work as well.

I tend to frown at reference/parody humor as I'd consider it some of the lowest form unless they're really clever about it but the first episode was the one I laughed my ass off with. Probably not the best idea to make a WHOLE episode like that instead of a segment as now people might watch the rest of the series and be disappointed it isn't like that.

As to myself, I'll keep watching. It was still enjoyable. The joke where everybody is a dick to Osomatsu-san was a bit played out though.

TrueBlue

One Punch Man Episode 2

Can't really say much that hasn't already been said. Animation is excellent, humor is well done and the action is exciting. The manga/webcomic didn't grab me when I attempted to read it a year ago, but I'm definitely on board with the anime. Great stuff.

Is there anywhere to watch Bakemonogatari in the UK? Daisuki and Crunchyroll aren't coming up with anything apart from its sequels as far as I'm aware.

Taruranto

Dynasty Daryun #23

Looks, I get that Etoile has main character plot armor, but her fighting scene looked like little kids playing with swords.

Also, the villain from FFT appeared I guess.

Tomatoes.

Also Dorothy is the best robogirl. But the ending suuuuuuucks.

Angel Beats

Keep it for a watch bet.

Haibane Renmei

Starts strong, then it kinda becomes boring, but the finale is good. Setting is interesting, but goes nowhere. Ultimately overrated.

Princess TuTu

Holy shit, best writing ever.

Hyoukokun

Time of Eve
Angel Beats
Haibane Renmei
Princess TuTu
Love stage

Haibane Renmei! (Also Time of Eve and Princess Tutu. Heard good things about The Big O, but I've only seen a bit of it)

Baalzebup

Blast of Tempest ep. 1-6
So we've been watching this as part of our latest "Let's Watch" and t has been pretty damn good so far. The tone is good, the world is unique, they actually spell out the lore and rules for the world and the characters are interesting. I was really happy with the show until the very last couple seconds of ep.6, but now with that tiny 2 second clip, somebody that is already dead, I want to kill them again, and again and again and again.... I hate tricks...

Anyhow, this show is really good, but we have a long way to go.

Hating on Aika.... I'm sorry Corny, but we can't be friends anymore.

Cornbread78

No worries!

Here's MALs synopsis for you:

The show was pretty good. I'd recommend checking it out. Tons of my friends that don't even watch anime watched this one way back when, it was kind of a cult hit.

Ok, that makes sense then. I can see why parents are freaking out about her just getting a short suspension..

For some reason all the brackets for the underlines and bolds, so don't worry about those. Mobil doesn't work well for that, lol.

Hating on Aika.... I'm sorry Corny, but we can't be friends anymore.

Maybe the reveal was fake, but for what she did to our MC's will be tough to vindicate..

[Urusei Yatsura] - 150

First, the new OP is awesome! Rock the planet, baby.
LHzqHWo.jpg

Asuka is so cute and innocent.
Second, wtf with Asuka's mother, she was raised without knowing men on her orders(a tradition of her family) and now she says Asuka needs drastic treatment, just because she doesn't understand that Oniisama is not a different type of man(She was really cute when she and her brother were shaking from side to side without understanding each other) and now she met Ryuunosuke, that she thought was a man.
Third, the staff really like to do chase scenes, but this one was really good with an Asuka vs Man chase, Asuka vs Shinobu chase and an Asuka Vs Ryuunosuke chase. It was funny to see Ryuunosuke being overpowered.
And last, the new ending is awesome too. Every Day. So "80’s".

Time of Eve
Angel Beats
Haibane Renmei
Princess TuTu
Love stage

Digimon Tamers (sub) is the best choice. After that, I would say Princess Tutu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom