• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um P.A. Works made Angel Beats.

Angel Beats is not a good-looking show, but it still looks better than this. (And you can skip posting that screenshot, because I have seen it already.)

That's KyoAni.

I am well aware of that, I'm just saying that making a show filled with mediocrely-drawn instruments so soon after Sound Euphonium contained so many excellently-drawn instruments makes it look even worse. It's a bit unfair to compare anyone else to KyoAni, but them's the breaks.

Jarmel

Banned
Angel Beats is not a good-looking show, but it still looks better than this. (And you can skip posting that screenshot, because I have seen it already.)

Nah I still would say Angel Beats looked worse than this. Obviously I have to see more but the filters in AB were awful at times.

This should be a show that for the "recharge" til their next big show-15th anniversary anime(no details yet).

Even if it's a lower-effort show, it doesn't really take any extra effort to make decent character designs and have colors that don't look revoltingly pale, it just takes talent. But I guess P.A. Works doesn't have any talent here.

duckroll

I don't think it looking like garbage has anything to do with budge or effort. It's clearly going for the computer rendered look - closer to what Shinkai does than what God Eater is attempting, but in the end it just falls flat on its face.

Even if it's a lower-effort show, it doesn't really take any extra effort to make decent character designs and have colors that don't look revoltingly pale, it just takes talent. But I guess P.A. Works doesn't have any talent here.

Then you should ask the character designer, though the designer is not the regular one they always hire, this time is design by Love Live designer.

I am well aware of that, I'm just saying that making a show filled with mediocrely-drawn instruments so soon after Sound Euphonium contained so many excellently-drawn instruments makes it look even worse. It's a bit unfair to compare anyone else to KyoAni, but them's the breaks.

Um PA Works made better show in recent years.

Then you should ask the character designer, though the designer is not the regular one they always hire, this time is design by Love Live designer.

There are obviously a lot of people to blame here, but the principal person I would blame would be the director, as the character designer/color designer/art director have done good work before under other directors. (It does boggle the mind how you can go from handling color design for the wonderfully colorful Eccentric Family to... this.)

There are obviously a lot of people to blame here, but the principal person I would blame would be the director, as the character designer/color designer/art director have done good work before under other directors. (It does boggle the mind how you can go from handling color design for the wonderfully colorful Eccentric Family to... this.)

Director's last PA show(Tari Tari) was fine.
And actually, i like her eye lol(the eye's coloring was design by original anime character designer anyway, so i get used to it even before this PV.)

duckroll

Director's last PA show(Tari Tari) was fine.
And actually, i like her eye lol(the eye was design by original anime character designer anyway)

The director is a bit hit or miss. IIRC he was the director for the Layton movie and the Layton game FMVs too. The game FMVs for all the six Layton games are great, but I really disliked the movie. Tari Tari was alright though, nothing spectacular but mostly inoffensive. I feel he's not really a distinctive director but rather gets the job done based on the material he has.

kewlmyc

Looks generic, but I don't see how it looks like garbage. I went into the trailer expecting Twintails levels of jank. I leave disappointed.

The director is a bit hit or miss. IIRC he was the director for the Layton movie and the Layton game FMVs too. The game FMVs for all the six Layton games are great, but I really disliked the movie. Tari Tari was alright though, nothing spectacular but mostly inoffensive. I feel he's not really a distinctive director but rather gets the job done based on the material he has.

You can even say his Soul Eater NOT! is lame actually.
But this time the show have Reiko Yoshida as screenplay, so story should be fine.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Birds
Camera pan of a school.
Talking
Trip
Talking
Talking
Talking
More talking
Talking
Someone else talking
Playing of an instrument.

Well I have to say that trailer got my blood pumping with all that exciting action.

He also directed Soul Eater Not, possibly the worst looking Bones show ever.

Looks generic, but I don't see how it looks like garbage. I went into the trailer expecting Twintails levels of jank. I leave disappointed.

The animation itself is technically fine, but the art style and aesthetic decisions overall are very poor.

It's an SOL show. After this season's seriously severe drought of the genre I know I'll pick this up once it drops, no matter whether it looks good or not and I won't complain. Corn you with me? Lmfao.

Just watch Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu instead. I know it doesn't feature high schoolers, so maybe it's not what you're looking for, but it'll look better and just be a better show.

Just watch Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu instead. I know it doesn't feature high schoolers, so maybe it's not what you're looking for, but it'll look better and just be a better show.
Don't know what this is about, and can't say the trailer really told me much so I'll have to do some research, but it does look good!

Also don't think I'm into SoL just because the MCs are high schoolers, as a matter of fact I couldn't care less about that. I just like me a good ol' romcom ahaha.

That's like 3 years ago(i know it ended last year since it have 97 episodes).
And she wrote loads of great shows.

I don't have a problem with Reiko Yoshida; I just wanted to remind people that her presence is not an automatic guarantee of quality. Haruchika is an adaptation anyway, so the quality of the original material will matter here.

I don't have a problem with Reiko Yoshida; I just wanted to remind people that her presence is not an automatic guarantee of quality. Haruchika is an adaptation anyway, so the quality of the original material will matter here.

Not really because she was main writer of first season only and first season was pretty decent.
Btw, Haruchika is a mystery novel actually, so it may disappoint to the gaffer that looking for SoL shows lol.

Branduil

If only that one shot was the sole reason Angel Beats looks so bad.

jbiQlsNrcdJtSk.jpg
jbrTAeZbEmK5iI.jpg

jCaxzBB9ha34y.jpg
jQ3z2sx1KaZ4u.jpg

I'm not really getting how "bad" the show is supposed to look, but that's not really what I'm concerned about.

I just want the relationship between the two main leads to be one where one side isn't constantly filled with LN anime tropes.

I just want the two lead characters to have like, well, an actual nice and friendly relationship! To not be like where the female is a tsundere and the other side is dumb and useless!

If I can get that and not have it bogged down by constant drama, I'll accept this show with open arms.

Cornbread78

Eureka 7 ep. 43-45:
Damn, so many things going on at this point... It really is amping up towards the end and it's sad that I actually feel bad for Anenome at this point. That scene in ep. 44 in Warsaw was like damn... Then the changes int he army.. wow, so much......

Ass you say.

Sounds like Theo is an assman. The chairman would like to speak with you now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom