• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 24

zkTPQVb.jpg
Tora and Mayuko centric episodes are always great. This was no exception.

Ushio to Tora - 25

Those science guys sure a stupid. There had to be like a million better ways to achieve what they wanted and they had to use the one that was a guarantee for an instant fuck-up.
And they are also assholes.

But Tora the saviour is there to right all wrongs.

Osumatsu 12

BVwrc9L.jpg
61oE1AK.jpg
ipb2lEh.jpg

How is this a contest? The winner is obviously Karamatsu AKA Shittymatsu.

Well, this was somewhat interesting because I swear the character designs were different early on and they changed up the sextuplet's features to make them even more distinguishable.

Still, not even the recap episodes can be as good as Gintama's recap episodes ):

Somera-chan 1-3

When I watched all of Teekyu in one day I was hopped up on painkillers because of a toothache which is like the best possible way to watch these cracked out shows so maybe next time

The Tatami Galaxy Episode 1
tumblr_na9iy7Tkga1rpfx57o1_500.gif

Oh man, it's so fast....SO FAST! The show's dialogue moves at such a blazing speed that I feel like I'm missing a lot of the fantastic visuals reading them. That said, if you do miss a line or two, and you will, you probably won't be lost...

spring1028404.jpg

Yeah, that's trying to find love right there.

Also I'm fairly certain just about everyone has known or been friends with a person like Ozu at least once in their life.

phaze

^ What the hell at the length of those lines.

The Tatami Galaxy Episode 1
tumblr_na9iy7Tkga1rpfx57o1_500.gif

Oh man, it's so fast....SO FAST! The show's dialogue moves at such a blazing speed that I feel like I'm missing a lot of the fantastic visuals reading them. That said, if you do miss a line or two, and you will, you probably won't be lost...

Also I'm fairly certain just about everyone has known or been friends with a person like Ozu at least once in their life.

Great pick ! And don't worry, as far as the dialogue speed goes, the first episode is easily the worst in that regard.

Russ T

Banned
Hahaha yeah the dialogue in Tatami Galaxy can fly by sometimes.

In other news I watched the PV for Jojo part four finally and goddamn i am hype incarnate

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolutio 1-3

I'm joining too. I was interested in this for a while, after randomly seeing a gif of episode 3 in another thread. It's quite good. Art style is a bit weird, it can look very simple one time and then it becomes really good. Characters are the strongest part of it so far. I really like Kikko, Emi and Raito. Jiro is pretty fun too. The blond ghost is a walking annoyance though. The plot is a bit random so far, the past and present(or present and future...) are a bit confusing but not as much as Baccano so it's not hard to understand it. I'll certainly continue it.

I really like the ED. It reminds me superhero cartoons, especially the music.

Also, found the gif: https://sakuga.yshi.org/data/06450a5fcea7269d3aba464f75388ede.mp4

It wasn't even a gif

Jaxec

Osomatsu-san 12

An enjoyable recap episode. Osomatsu and Totoko giving commentary was a nice touch. Looking back on these moments made me realize that I really love this show. Also I ship Totoko with either Ichimatsu or Osomatsu.

What the heck is up with this year? Am I going insane or is 2016 going to be a crazy year? A new Berserk project, that's like the last thing I would hear about. I swear if they announce something else insane I'm going to shit myself.

Heck I'm still completely shocked over the D.Gray-Man anime announcement, which should of been already impossible. But this new announcement is really crazy.

Man, looking at all the anime of the year lists on different sites and not seeing Punchline on a single one is kind of bumming me out. Like, I don't expect it to win but it's pretty easily in my top ten.

Man, looking at all the anime of the year lists on different sites and not seeing Punchline on a single one is kind of bumming me out. Like, I don't expect it to win but it's pretty easily in my top ten.

Everyone likes their own thing, I loved The Perfect Insider and might even put it on my top 10, but I'm pretty sure it won't be on a lot of people's lists if at all. Everyone's tastes are different, it doesn't mean anything.

New FMP series.
Digimon Tri
Kizumonogatari movie is finally coming out soon
New D-gray man series
New Berserk project

What is going on here....

Not to mention DRRR's last season. Still surprised they continued it after 5 years.

Maybe Spice and Wolf season 3 will be a thing. Or perhaps we'll see an adaption of Akira. After FMP season 3, anything is possible.

Funi will be broadcast dubbing Snow White with Red Hair for the Winter. Also simulcasting S2

Schedule of Releases:
Season 1 Dub Schedule:
Episodes 1-3 Dub Release – Monday, January 4, 2016
Episodes 4-6 Dub Release – Friday, January 8, 2016
Episodes 7-9 Dub Release – Friday, January 15, 2016
Episodes 10-13 Dub Release – Friday, January 22, 2016

Season 2 Sub Simulcast Schedule:
Episode 1 Subbed Simulcast Release– Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Season 2 Dub Schedule:
Episode 1 Broadcast Dub Release – Tuesday, February 16, 2016 -

See more at: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015...air-gets-a-broadcast-dub#sthash.8VXlg6UA.dpuf

Yeah. Maybe Digimon was better than stuff that was airing then, like Pokemon, but it wasn't an amazing show. It was enjoyable, at best. Tri is basically fueled by nostalgia, but I'd be lying if I said I don't like the result.

I rewatched Digimon Adventure this year. It's still an excellent show. And Tamers even more so. It's not just a nostalgia thing.

Don't let tri retroactively make people think that Digimon was always bad.

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolution 4-6

I didn't expect this to expand to so many "supernatural" things. We have superheroes, ancient legends, aliens, robots, kaijus, yokai, magic... I feel the show has a plot but so far it keeps confusing me. I'm not sure what exactly it wants to do. I'm not sure what the different sides are, it feels that even the superhuman bureau is not the good side. Kikko seems to have reason for coming to Earth, the team other than Furuta and Jiro seem to also have some sinister plans. The glimpse of Emi's yokai form was quite scary, and her love for Jiro seem to be more close to the love for a superweapon.

In any case, I hope Emi is good.

I rewatched Digimon Adventure this year. It's still an excellent show. And Tamers even more so. It's not just a nostalgia thing.

Don't let tri retroactively make people think that Digimon was always bad.

I tried to watch it recently too, I just couldn't. It deals with some interesting, maybe mature, themes, but it's more or less a kids show. I'm talking only about the first two seasons though, it changed a lot since then. I think I was overreacting calling it bad, it really isn't, but I feel I'd call it excellent only for what it is. This may be the reason that Tri seems to be getting some hate though, as it tries to be more than that. But I guess it doesn't really succeed in that judging by the impressions...

DiGiKerot

tatami is one of the hardest things to not be a native for. The subs fly by you HAVE to pay attention more than you already do with other shows.

The real fun one is when you try to watch the old UK DVDs and suddenly realise that it's another 4% faster than the already insane pace at which it goes. Oh, boy, was that an intense weekend of watching...

Gvitor

Wait, we're getting a new D. Gray-man series as well? All of my yes.

can we have lost canvas season 3 as well please

Russ T

Banned
Is D.Gray-man actually good? I started the manga once and stopped. I tried the anime recently and stopped. Am I stopping before the good stuff or is it just not for me?

phaze

Wait, we're getting a new D. Gray-man series as well? All of my yes.

can we have lost canvas season 3 as well please

Huh, someone else in this thread who likes Lost Canvas. What a glorious day !

Is D.Gray-man actually good? I started the manga once and stopped. I tried the anime recently and stopped. Am I stopping before the good stuff or is it just not for me?

I forced myself through ~60 chapters but finally dropped it when they were on the boat.

The anime has lots of filler which you can skip. The consensus is that the anime gets really good after episode 51 when the series finally sets in gear.

Then again the series really depends on your taste since its atmosphere is really dreary/Lovecraftian and the plot is a bit complex than most Shonen. Heck the entire series is a huge mindfuck. I think it's a great series however, I believe it really depends on your taste. Plus the main cast in most cases always lose and have a very very very very very low chance of winning against the antagonists. Like completely crushed under a rock type of chance of winning. And that's one of reasons I can see people being mixed on the series.

dan2026

I'm going to say no.

I read a good deal of it and it went nowhere.
Or at least I got bored. I dont know really.
Its just sort of unremarkable.

Ill only D. Grayman if its a reboot or remake, which based on the site it seems fans are split 50-50 on if it is or isnt. Though I entered anime after it was airing so I have no clue if it would be for me or not, which is why I never added it to my huge backlog list.

dan2026

I remember liking the Miranda character and that there was a vampire.
Oh and the villain looks like he is from a completely different series.

And thats all I can remember from D Grey Man.

Clov

Funimation's announced a bunch of Winter stuff according to WTK. HaruChika, Luck and Logic, Ghost Urn, Divine Gate, Grimgar, Prince of Stride, and Dagashikashi. Need to look into these to see if I'll watch any of them.

So I finally re-watched Barakamon again and I have to say it still hasn't lost its touch. It still has that magical warmth feeling I got when I first watched it. All the characters still carry that realistic and entertaining vibe and Handa and Naru's relationship is still amazing. Their bantering is still top notch. All in all its still a 9.5/10 or 10/10 for me and one of the best sol I've seen

The saddest part is that a season 2 is probably unlikely to happen....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom