• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

All I know about Future Police Urashiman is that there's a big floating cube and Anno got the idea for Ramiel from it

Oh that's a neat little tidbit! All I know is it was super popular in Japan and helped a waning Tatsunoko and pulled them out of bankruptcy. Sentai have the license due to the deal that they have with Tatsunoko but I doubt that it'll ever be released. At least we got that killer Gatchaman set! Beautiful!

Starmyu Episode 12 END
CWyUGRcUEAAgimR.jpg

I think UtaPri s1 ending episode will probably be always what I consider the best ending episode for these male idol anime. However since all these other ones continue to be plot heavy they keep continuing to up the ante in either fun or being emotional. Starmyu's finish was great simply because of the feelings of the cast coming through finally to me and everyone just generally working together.
Akatsuki finally dethroned from being the big meanie that he was trying to be just because everyone else wanted to see Team Otori get a chance to perform. Everyone just works together in the end even his folks. And yet again he was beat out by modern technology streaming either voices or video to the masses

Hoshitani was a great energetic inexperienced lead who made this fun to follow with everyone around him either being born into a family of great performers in single dance or drama, or having had to practice and learn a talent while struggling with working to get by day to day. He was funny and I loved everything.

Favorite characters, Toraishi (KENN!!!), Kuga, Hoshitani, Akatsuki. There were a few Utapri voices in it too. Also Ill miss Otori going BOYS and hearing everyone imitate him,

10/10.

duckroll

Voyager USA canceled the last two volumes, so it looks like it's not happening. If another company picks it up from them, I don't think it will be for a long, long time. However, the original Japanese BD releases have English subtitles on them, so that's an option if you really want Yamato 2199 in your library.

Did they ever official announce a cancellation? I thought they just went dark.

Seven Deadly Sins

You know as far as action shows with little to bring to the table go, this wasn't half bad. The premise of knights with superpowers sounds like it has been done to death, but if it has probably more in the harem/battle school form. The leads already being fairly powerful in the universe and having an established limit (protag aside) means that at least the asspulls of "this isn't even my ultimate form" aren't common. I mean they still occur as with the last enemy they face, but from the main cast it only occured in a convenient "we haven't mentioned to the viewer he has this power yet" situation. It's not necessarily what I want, but at least it makes sense in the context of the show's timeline since at this point they're already legends and have years of experience.

The artstyle is extremely refreshing. Having like zero knowledge of anime/manga artists in general with an amateur eye it looks like something aching to the days of the original Dragon Ball. I loved every character design of the main characters, wardrobe aside.

The biggest issue the show faces is its blatant sexism. Outside of the female wearing like tight short very revealing clothing, we have the main lead who absolutely loves groping the female lead at every opportunity he gets. It gets less frequent as the show moves on but it's always there. The female lead just lets it happen. But then again a lot of anime has males falling on ladies with huge bazongas and similar bull so I guess I've been desensitized.

It's a fun show, it ended its season on a very satisfactory note, and the cast of characters all work well. I'm sad that
Baan left the team for a moment at the end as I assume this means he won't show up next season for a while
but hey they probably gotta balance the screen time with the other characters so they rotate one or two members out.

I'd give it a solid 7/10. Will watch the next season.

Cornbread78

Baka to Test ep.7-9
The show continues to be funny. The poor MC really is really a dumbass and even his sister can tell the two main chicks both want him. The wedding episode with yandere girl was hilarious as well as the sister episode. The show is has just the right balance of sophomoric humor and general fun.

Also,
QxUIdwZ.png

Cutest avi ever... I can't figure out how to change it via mobile though.

Wish Upon the Pleiades 12 (End)

It was cute and I enjoyed it. Random astronomy trivia as plot points was kind of neat. Can't over how weird hearing car engines out of their brooms.

So basically, "10/10, it's alright."

Clov

Did they ever official announce a cancellation? I thought they just went dark.

Not a "cancelation", but I do remember that they announced that the last two volumes were "postponed indefinitely".

Edit: As above, I remembered it a bit wrong, though it essentially is the same. :p

I hope next season the quality shows are spread over the week, instead of all on the weekend.

Also that prison school OAD looks very relevant to my interests...

Glitter Force 9

Chloe is better than Reika

One of the issues I had with two particular episodes, this being one of them, is how they just forgot that the magic portal exists. Reika outright stated that Yayoi wouldn't be part of the team. Not in a "Your not on our team anymore" but more on the lines that she immediately thought Yayoi could no longer be part of the team because she was moving away (or that's what they were led to believe).

Here, Chloe actually acknowledged the portal. They didn't forget. Even Emily was like "you'll always be part of the Glitter Force." I will note though that in the last bit of line, Chloe says "hopefully". She has faith that Lily will join if she can, she didn't give up immediately.

Given the general Saban styled dialogue, it shows that Smile was one of the better fits for Saban's style of dubbery, which might also potentially ease the pain of the terrible ending that will happen down the line. So in that line, it's fine... maybe.

However, that does not redeem them for what episodes was cut and what will get cut in the second half. It's still under par compared to the Futari Wa dub, even if the voice acting is better here.

EDIT: 3 endings ALREADY and this is the worst one. the CG is shit.

Owarimonogatari END
Loved this season. I really dug all of the story arcs in this one. The Sodachi stuff was great since it showed more about Araragi's past and how he kind of became the person he is now. Shinobu Mail had a wonderful conclusion and I loved the more introspective dialogue that happened near the end. I actually rewatched Nekomonogatari (White) just before this arc on a whim and I'm really glad I did. I had forgotten a lot of bits from S2 and it was cool to see Shinobu Mail kind of link up with that arc.

I'm currently reading Kizumonogatari since the localization came out, and I'm loving it so far. The movies are going to be a blast. I think once I'm done with it I'm gonna do a chronological watch of the series. Should be fun.

wonzo

Banned
Shounen Hollywood 1-3

First rate directorial aesthetics & character animation really hold the somewhat rocky start together. A far more subtle and character driven affair than the more cynically self-aware and critical industry wide take on idols a la WUG.

recommending to all mah fellow WUGners out there *tips*

Glitter Force 10

On more dialogue changes, once again with Chloe, but this time including April. There's obviously a lot of dialogue changes in certain areas, either by adding more dialogue or sort of changing references a bit and throwing in some puns. I put one of the dialogue changes on display earlier because I had a big problem with it originally in Smile Precure.

I thought to highlight another piece of dialogue.

Two different lines. A note being that in Smile, Reika and Nao are already affiliated before the series started. So the image on the right, implies their affiliation. Later on something also happens to imply their affiliation, although they both share the same meaning on how bugs essentially have a town that April/Nao didn't know about because she actively avoided them.

Anyway, the leftmost picture doesn't really carry that same implication. It carries the implication that everyone essentially met at the same time in their path to becoming friends. And it's interesting given the whole Nao/Reika childhood friendship, because it was a technical point that I wasn't entirely fond of given its execution, granted looking back at it, it's a little more subtle than usual.

In a later scene, there's more dialogue as per usual in a Saban dub in regards to the bug town thing. Less subtle meaning stuff for viewers, but probably some more bonding time with Chloe and April. Truth be told, given the situation with the two, I'm a bit neutral because I don't know how they'll deal with the revelation in the second half of Glitter Force.

That being said, this is also from episode 10 :/

Maho Girls Precure

Also Large flopping witch hats STILL EXIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom