• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Prison School OAD trailer

I doubt they would get all these voice actors for the new characters and start doing the second arc then not do a S2.

prisonschool85.png

aoty 2015&2016

pbayne

Wish Upon the Pleiades 12 (End)

It was cute and I enjoyed it. Random astronomy trivia as plot points was kind of neat. Can't over how weird hearing car engines out of their brooms.

So basically, "10/10, it's alright."

Of all the companies to co-produce a magic girl show-Subaru? Im still baffled by that. Must be the most bizarre team up ever.

Pleidas was decent but does it not make you a little sad that that is the best Gainax can do now? Its probably their best show since Panty and Stocking-that was 5 nearly 6 years ago now.

Today I learned Elfen Lied is rated higher than Uzumaki on MAL. I live in a world full of desolation and halitosis. An anime of Uzumaki would be insane.

From the New World Episodes 13-15

download.png

Welp. Things are not going great. Saki and gang are being hunted.

But hey, things really turned around for Squealer! You know...
after they lobotomized their queen...

I gotta say, while humans certainly aren't pleasant in this series, I'm not seeing where anyone could say "Squealer was right" unironically.

Squealer is a goddamn fascist, who is annexing smaller colonies with his advanced military might. He's clearly putting on an act of subservience as well. I can't believe Saki is naive enough to think he's just a dumb animal.

Granted I have a feeling I don't know everything about the Monster Rats yet.

Sterok

Aikatsu 164

Packed episode. Nono and Risa are going everywhere. Those two just need to meet Mizuki now. And get a new dance. This is the fourth time they've done Lucky Train, and without any other songs in between. Risa looks good dressed like a guy. Nina continues to beast. Even God-Empress Ichigo herself shows up to remind everyone why she's on top. Poor Ran crowded out by Ichigo and Ran at the recording.

Thoraxes

I seem to remember someone (Thoraxes?) buying the NA BDs, but the episodes per disc don't line up right with the Japanese release, so there ended up being a bit of overlap.

Most people didn't, thanks to Voyager USA's horrible marketing and release strategy. It also didn't help that they changed the name of the release to "Star Blazers 2199", since they really wanted to capture the Star Blazers audience, I guess.

Yeah, you're pretty much out of luck if you bought the NA BDs. You'll either have to start over, or deal with a bit of overlap.

I have to buy JP BD Volumes 5, 6, and 7 to have a complete collection.

Starblazers 2199 has volume 4 with 2 episodes overlapping (15 and 16), iirc. While JP volume 5 is 15-18.

Probably gonna do this with tax return money and buy the final 3 volumes I need, and then maybe some Jojo BDs cause fuck Warner's release here.

Did they ever official announce a cancellation? I thought they just went dark.
No "official" cancellation was ever made. Everytime I e-mail them they tell me that they appreciate my enthusiasm and that if it's possible they would like to finish one day when possible.
It's been over a year since we've heard from them last. I doubt we'll ever see the rest of it.

I still write them an e-mail every month asking them to release the last two volumes lol

;_;

Today I learned Elfen Lied is rated higher than Uzumaki on MAL. I live in a world full of desolation and halitosis. An anime of Uzumaki would be insane.

To be fair, the Elfen Lied manga is better than the anime.

Why were you even looking up the ratings of those 2 specifically when they couldn't be further apart?

From the New World Episode Episode 16

....Guys I think this show is giving me emotions. You know beyond my three baseline emotions, hyped, horny, and heated. (The three H's as I call them.) It's giving me actual sad romantic emotions...

...I don't know what to do with these feelings...

phaze

From the New World Episodes 13-15

download.png

Welp. Things are not going great. Saki and gang are being hunted.

But hey, things really turned around for Squealer! You know...
after they lobotomized their queen...

I gotta say, while humans certainly aren't pleasant in this series, I'm not seeing where anyone could say "Squealer was right" unironically.

Squealer is a goddamn fascist, who is annexing smaller colonies with his advanced military might. He's clearly putting on an act of subservience as well. I can't believe Saki is naive enough to think he's just a dumb animal.

Granted I have a feeling I don't know everything about the Monster Rats yet.

Squealer did almost everything right.
tea5qkb6.png

From the New World Episode Episode 16

....Guys I think this show is giving me emotions. You know beyond my three baseline emotions, hyped, horny, and heated. (The three H's as I call them.) It's giving me actual sad romantic emotions...

...I don't know what to do with these feelings...

;_;

TUSR

Banned
decided to check some things off of MAL 'on hold' section

the To Love-Ru Darkness OVAs were on it

i made it part way through the first one

nope

nope

nope

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Theonik

decided to check some things off of MAL 'on hold' section

the To Love-Ru Darkness OVAs were on it

i made it part way through the first one

nope

nope

nope

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I know your pain. There is no escape. Also was forced to watch the new Angel Beats OVA in this way. Fuck MAL.

pbayne

Picked up the samurai flamenco blu-ray and I love it more on a second watching.

Shit that it didn't get a dub though. It seems like a show that would lend itself well to a dub.

FoxSpirit

You know what the world needs?
A redo of Hyperpolice in modern HD.
Noone besides me will even remember this. *crosses fingers he's wrong*

pbayne

Squealer did almost everything right.

I love how From a new world sort of shows peoples nature when they respond to the question of squealer.

I read Native Son recently and its funny that its almost a perfect parallel to the anime.

Bit spoilerish-
Setting early eighteenth century America, with black people= the mole rats and white people= the humans. And the basic premise of the book is: Is it right to use violence to overcome other violence and oppression? Is it right to kill in any circumstance? Its almost an impossible question to answer, at least for me.

Prison School OAD trailer

I doubt they would get all these voice actors for the new characters and start doing the second arc then not do a S2.

I hope not. The anime failed to adapt the manga's strengths and other than voice acting I see just about no benefit in watching it. Soundtrack wasn't particularly good IIRC, colorization adds only so much when the art is significantly worse to begin with, the animation generally unimpressive and its 'rapid' style felt off. Sorry Mizushima but that was a dud.

I'd certainly want a second season if it were actually well done, of course.

DiGiKerot

a teaser for season 2 ? or ova ? what OAD mean ?

"Original DVD Animation" - it's a term that came into usage (in Japan) for describing anime episodes that are distributed as bonus DVDs typically distributed as bonus items with LE manga volumes, as opposed to more traditional OAVs that would either be available as a distinct purchase or as a bonus episode on a TV show release.

This is a few days old but I don't see a lot of discussion about it here, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi aka Erased:

76932l.jpg

Struggling manga author Satoru Fujinuma is beset by his fear to express himself. However, he has a supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinazuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance

It looks pretty damn interesting

pbayne

Gundam Thunderbolt 1

Hard to judge after one episode. Visuals are pretty and some nice jazz tracks but fairly light on story so far-basically just set up the main two rival pilots.

Maybe its just me but the Zeon side is always way easier to get behind then the Federation.

This is a few days old but I don't see a lot of discussion about it here, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi aka Erased:

It looks pretty damn interesting

It's the second most interesting show starting in January, certainly.

Gundam Thunderbolt 1

Hard to judge after one episode. Visuals are pretty and some nice jazz tracks but fairly light on story so far-basically just set up the main two rival pilots.

Maybe its just me but the Zeon side is always way easier to get behind then the Federation.

Already? I thought this didn't come out until the 25th.

BluWacky

It looks pretty damn interesting[/URL]

My understanding is that the manga is pretty popular; I read a chapter a while back but don't recall much about it, and it was only one chapter...

Anyway, it's noitaminA, I'll try and watch at least an episode of it.
who am I kidding, I'll watch the OP and then read the plot on Wikipedia, that's how I consume all anime these days.

It's the second most interesting show starting in January, certainly.

And what's your first? Dimension W?

My understanding is that the manga is pretty popular; I read a chapter a while back but don't recall much about it, and it was only one chapter...

Anyway, it's noitaminA, I'll try and watch at least an episode of it.
who am I kidding, I'll watch the OP and then read the plot on Wikipedia, that's how I consume all anime these days.

I'm always terrified of looking stuff up before I start watching. Cool that it is popular. Doesn't necessarily mean that it is good but it's a good starting point for me. It's on my "check out" list, and I could easily see it becoming a weekly watch. The show looks interesting, and gorgeous at that.

Ha ha, no, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is.

I am interested in Dimension W though, if only for the action animation.

Ohhhh right, Studio Deen's show. Between Phantom World, Dimension W, Haruchika and Erased along with the leftovers, I think it's gonna be a good season for me. These 4 intrigue me the most. And I'm not even mentioning Season 2's here, like GATE or Shirayuki.

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolution 7-9

This is getting more and more interesting. The bureau really seems to be rotten to the core. Jiro's father and its president are really suspicious. Emi too. I really love how all those stories are actually connected to the main plot so far. I wonder when this will start getting intense, so far it's only building the world and the characters.

Oh and there's a group of kids, mainly boys, named BL. lol

The timeline is so confusing though. :(

Defuser

Although I like One Punch Man but goddamn I hate those people posting Saitama memes or OPM images with dumb words written on it on my facebook. Sometimes I hate social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom