• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Although I like One Punch Man but goddamn I hate those people posting Saitama memes or OPM images with dumb words written on it on my facebook. Sometimes I hate social media.

5W5kavQ.jpg

Clov

Although I like One Punch Man but goddamn I hate those people posting Saitama memes or OPM images with dumb words written on it on my facebook. Sometimes I hate social media.

Don't know what you expected; this happens every time an anime gets popular.

Honestly, I don't think I'll be watching OPM anytime soon. Outside of some fantastic looking animation, there doesn't seem to be anything that I'd find interesting in it.

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolutio 10-12

Okay, I caught up. I'm not sure how I feel about this show, as it's slow, but at least it started to pay off. Episodes 11 and 12 finally started to show more and answer a few things. Kikko also obtained that
devil form
pretty quickly. I'm still not sure if Claude is really good, he really doesn't seem so, as he exploits Kikko. Hell, I doubt any character in this show is completely good, maybe other than Jiro.

duckroll

Gargantia OVA - Episode 2 (End)

For some reason I forgot to watch this even though I watched the first part. Maybe it's because the first part was relatively uneventful and I just didn't have the urge at the time. It sure is Gargantia. Not much to really talk about overall, but there were some interesting hints that the setting is much larger than just the ocean that was suggested in the TV series. Too bad we won't see any of that expanded on in any animated form since they cancelled the planned second season. Boo. I'm sure the hooks towards the end were meant to tie in to that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can vote for Kizu 3 years in a row starting next year!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gargantia OVA - Episode 2 (End)

For some reason I forgot to watch this even though I watched the first part. Maybe it's because the first part was relatively uneventful and I just didn't have the urge at the time. It sure is Gargantia. Not much to really talk about overall, but there were some interesting hints that the setting is much larger than just the ocean that was suggested in the TV series. Too bad we won't see any of that expanded on in any animated form since they cancelled the planned second season. Boo. I'm sure the hooks towards the end were meant to tie in to that.
Read the books and post summaries on bakatsuki!

Gundam AGE 1

It's very colorful and the character designs make the somewhat serious beginning hard to take to seriously. And those enemy mobile suits look weird as fuck.

I should have started SEED instead.

Phatmac

A comfy end to a sweet show about girls having fun in the amusement club. The first have was fun with the comedy act and the brat bringing the bugs in. The second half was super sweet and reminiscing about the series in general got me emotional since there probably won't be more of this show. While the third season didn't capture how fun the first two seasons were it was still fun. I'll miss these kids.

duckroll

Read the books and post summaries on bakatsuki!

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/fb/pc/02sp/02_1509Gargantia/

Wow, the cancelled TV series sequel is mega depressing now. It looks like the OVA was totally setting it up. It would have continued 2 years after the OVA story, with the focus of the story shifting to the land nations mentioned in the OVA. The two leads would be a whale hunter from one land nation who meets a moe squidgirl, and a daughter of a minister from the opposing nation who is chosen by another super mech to be a pilot and she uses it as an excuse to find freedom. Looks like Ledo and the Gargantia are still part of the story too. Sadface. :(

NeonZ

Concrete Revolution 4-6

I didn't expect this to expand to so many "supernatural" things. We have superheroes, ancient legends, aliens, robots, kaijus, yokai, magic...

Well, that's the basic premise of the show. An alternate history with parallels to real Japanese history where many thinly disguised versions of 60s and 70s anime and tokusatsu characters (often fusions of multiple characters into one though) coexist in a single universe. Thematically, it seems to be moving towards some criticism of Japan, although it's not exactly clear what it's going to say yet.

Sterok

Glitter Force 12

Asia-Pacific expo lol. I didn't realize expos were so big. Well that's America for you. They make everything as exact as possible. Chloe sure knows a lot about Japanese architecture for an American middle school girl. I really don't get why Emily is Glitter Lucky. She's been having bad luck from day 1.

JCG

Wow, the cancelled TV series sequel is mega depressing now. It looks like the OVA was totally setting it up. It would have continued 2 years after the OVA story, with the focus of the story shifting to the land nations mentioned in the OVA. The two leads would be a whale hunter from one land nation who meets a moe squidgirl, and a daughter of a minister from the opposing nation who is chosen by another super mech to be a pilot and she uses it as an excuse to find freedom. Looks like Ledo and the Gargantia are still part of the story too. Sadface. :(

It's rather disappointing to hear that, because it suggests something really bad must have happened behind the scenes in order to justify a cancellation. Gargantia wasn't perfect, but it had pretty good sales and the universe was left open to further exploration. I guess it's fortunate that novels will continue the intended story, yet most of us will never be able to read them.

I'll miss the world of Gargantia. I'll never see them glorious braid buns animated either. RIP

Russ T

Banned

Wow, I didn't know any of this. I loved Gargantia a lot (I have a bit of a thing for water worlds). This makes me all the more disappointed. ):

Qurupeke

They will prob all be out in 2016 if Part 2 is Summer, right?

Anyway -

Time to see if what I like about the series isn't just from the adaptation!

Please. My order will arrive after 11/1. :'<
Have fun!

Well, that's the basic premise of the show. An alternate history with parallels to real Japanese history where many thinly disguised versions of 60s and 70s anime and tokusatsu characters (often fusions of multiple characters into one though) coexist in a single universe. Thematically, it seems to be moving towards some criticism of Japan, although it's not exactly clear what it's going to say yet.

Yeah, I found out they parallel real historical incidents with the various events in the series. It's a really neat detail that I had no idea of while I watched this.

please continue gAGE I promise you it is good and has huge payoff for people that make it to the end. 2nd gen is fantastic.

Well, I'm in for the long haul of getting through all the Gundams, so would've gotten through this sooner or later.

Yes, yes you should have. Do this instead.

Eventually, when I get my hands on the original. Saw some comparison shots of the remaster against it, and didn't like what I saw.

Shokugeki no Soma 23

That's it. The good qualities (mostly the food) aren't enough any more to counterbalance the generally mediocre production, the annoyingly exaggerated character behavior, and most of all the trashy sexual edge where cooking becomes an act of sexual assualt. Dropped.

Cornbread78

This is a few days old but I don't see a lot of discussion about it here, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi aka Erased:
76932l.jpg

I'll be all over this one.

Shokugeki no Soma 23

That's it. The good qualities (mostly the food) aren't enough any more to counterbalance the generally mediocre production, the annoyingly exaggerated character behavior, and most of all the trashy sexual edge where cooking becomes an act of sexual assualt. Dropped.

Umm, why not just watch the last episode, lol

Crocodile

Gargantia wasn't perfect but I would have been down for another season so that cancellation still stings :(

Welp. I broke my right leg and arm today.

Looks like I have free time. :l Time to finally watch Welcome to the NHK.

Christ, two limbs at once? How does that even happen? I wish you a speedy recovery!

Shokugeki no Soma 23

Aren't there like 1-2 episodes left? Might as well finish it off no?

What?! That sounds fucking awesome. Booooooooo.

phaze

Welp. I broke my right leg and arm today.

Looks like I have free time. :l Time to finally watch Welcome to the NHK.

Yikes. Best wishes, get well.

Does anyone know a good starting place to watch Gundam?

Nowhere.
GBF was fun.

I guess I'm in the mood for something fresh.

Could I, perhaps, interest you in some Shigurui ? It's a romantic tale of two samurai vying for the hand of an heiress to a large fortune. It's like Tokyo Ghoul cause it features a morally grey world and it has hmmmm all the gore your heart could possibly desire. And It's like uuhh ... Barakamon ! cause it has some calligraphy stuff in it ! And it takes place in countryside !

Shokugeki no Soma 23

I'm kinda surprised you made it this far. But really, at this point, watch it to completion.

Theonik

One Punch Man: The Minions of anime
Both bald. Coincidence? I think not!

Shokugeki no Soma 23

I was expecting you'd have dropped it sooner. At this point though might as well as finish it no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom