• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even finish episode 23; I'm not watching one more second of this crap.

Episode 24 is the last one but I can see where you're coming from. Sometimes certain issues just keep slowly adding up until you're eventually too fed up to continue whatsoever.

edit:
You know, I could imagine you actually dropping Soma on the very last scene of the last episode. Dropping it despite finishing it would've been quite s.th.

Welp. I broke my right leg and arm today.

Looks like I have free time. :l Time to finally watch Welcome to the NHK.

Damn :|

For what it's worth, Welcome to the NHK is pretty darn great.

Szadek

Hibike! Euphonium - Ep. 5
Best episode so far, also:
8a6a872d928489e6956c91135bb6941e.gif

Familiar of Zero . Ep 6-7
Was about to drop this show, but it got better during the last 2 episodes. Might as well watch a more epiodes and see how this turns out.

Yikes. Best wishes, get well.

Nowhere.
GBF was fun.

Could I, perhaps, interest you in some Shigurui ? It's a romantic tale of two samurai vying for the hand of an heiress to a large fortune. It's like Tokyo Ghoul cause it features a morally grey world and it has hmmmm all the gore your heart could possibly desire. And It's like uuhh ... Barakamon ! cause it has some calligraphy stuff in it ! And it takes place in countryside !

I guess I add it to my watch list. Although the series does look really dreary, but then again I do enjoy suffering.

Could I, perhaps, interest you in some Shigurui ? It's a romantic tale of two samurai vying for the hand of an heiress to a large fortune. It's like Tokyo Ghoul cause it features a morally grey world and it has hmmmm all the gore your heart could possibly desire. And It's like uuhh ... Barakamon ! cause it has some calligraphy stuff in it ! And it takes place in countryside !

zacieranieraksak4g.gif

But it's good, so I can only support this suggestion.

Sterok

Glitter Force 13

Why does Chloe know so much about Japanese architecture? Very suspicious. Those are some creepy ass parent chaperones. I don't know why Emily and Lily kept accepting food from these people they don't know. And why are these American adults eating with chopsticks. This is all so strange. Like the show is really set in Japan, but they have to pretend to be in America. But that's just silly talk. Sunny, Spring, and Breeze sure know how to be dicks to Buffoons.

Welp. I broke my right leg and arm today.

Looks like I have free time. :l Time to finally watch Welcome to the NHK.

Shit. Having never gone past straining my ankles or wrists skateboarding, I can't say I know how you feel but I have a vague idea. Catch some rest, get some pills for the pain, and get better soon!

So for 0079 is the movie trilogy preferable to watch or the TV series?
I liked the series over the trilogy. Felt the character development was a lot better handled spaces or over episodes rather than continuous. The movie did do a good job at hitting the main events, but did feel like it speed through things compared to the TV series.

@names2hard4you

So having just watched the last ep of Berserk and the third movie back to back I can say with certainty that I'd watch the entirety of the TV anime instead of swapping out to the third movie at the end. It's true that the TV anime ends prematurely but I'd simply recommend reading the manga afterwards. You won't have that huge change in voice acting, OST and visuals either that way.

Just my opinion though.

@names2hard4you

So having just watched the last ep of Berserk and the third movie back to back I can say with certainty that I'd watch the entirety of the TV anime instead of swapping out to the third movie at the end. It's true that the TV anime ends prematurely but I'd simply recommend reading the manga afterwards. You won't have that huge change in voice acting, OST and visuals either that way.

Just my opinion though.

So you say I should watch 2-25, then 1, then the 3rd movie or scrap the latter completely?

Sterok

Glitter Force 14

Cute Mother's Day episode. I sure hope there's a nice Father's Day episode to compliment this. Emily is such a disaster. But don't insult her Chloe, she has one talent. Her face has the ability to attract any moving object towards it.

So you say I should watch 2-25, then 1, then the 3rd movie or scrap the latter completely?

You could do it in that order. If you do watch the third movie, which isn't necessarily bad, just worse than the TV anime imo, you might continue the manga from where it ends and it makes more sense. I'd personally probably rather just scrap the movie and read the manga from the beginning.

Kyuur

In my opinion, if your goal is to catch up before the new movie/series comes out, just watch the existing movies in sequential order. Cause either way, there will be a switch of VA, and stuff left out of the TV that you're expected to know from the previous movies.

Of course if you're going to read the manga then do whatever. :)

You could do it in that order. If you do watch the third movie, which isn't necessarily bad, just worse than the TV anime imo, you might continue the manga from where it ends and it makes more sense. I'd personally probably rather just scrap the movie and read the manga from the beginning.

In my opinion, if your goal is to catch up before the new movie/series comes out, just watch the existing movies in sequential order. Cause either way, there will be a switch of VA, and stuff left out of the TV that you're expected to know from the previous movies.

Of course if you're going to read the manga then do whatever. :)

I'm not quite sure yet, but if I like it a lot I may go on to the manga. My main issue with the movies is that I feel I'd be losing the more fleshed out stories that Id get with the individual episodes. I also hate bad CG, and apparently the movies have it in full force lol

Ascheroth

There's one part of me that wants Berserk to just get a proper reboot like FMA Brotherhood or HxH 2011.

But on the other hand I want to finally see something else animated then the Golden Age arc.

Sterok

Glitter Force 15

Kelsey is an idiot. Lily is a humongous idiot who needs to be demoted a few grades. April gets a pass since no one knows what a Fillmore is. Emily is a complete idiot. Meanwhile Chloe is a freakish genius. Who even bothers to learns the 4th president's wife? Wait, she knows Japanese? It's official, Chloe is a closet weeaboo. On top of Glitter Force/student council/archery/perfect grades/running five miles every morning/etc. She needs some serious help.

Kvik

I'm not quite sure yet, but if I like it a lot I may go on to the manga.

It won't disappoint you. The manga is practically everyone's GOAT. The bad thing is you'll probably get depressed with the rest of us since it's now on hiatus again for the umpteenth time, after getting an almost monthly releases this year.

It won't disappoint you. The manga is practically everyone's GOAT. The bad thing is you'll probably get depressed with the rest of us since it's now on hiatus again for the umpteenth time, after getting an almost monthly releases this year.

I'm not even sure WHEN I'll be able to catch up, so with a bit of luck by then the author will have begun making monthly releases again :p

Qurupeke

Shokugeki no Souma 1

Holy shit, that's more intense than a lot of action animes. I had a basic idea for what it is, but it's really an entirely other thing to watch it. And it's also more sexual than I expected... Anyway, it feels pretty shounenish so far, but instead of fights it has food I guess. Soma is typical shounen character. Even the dad is someone that leaves for reasons... And what kind of cooking clothes Erina wears and they're a perfect fit around her body? lol

This is a few days old but I don't see a lot of discussion about it here, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi aka Erased:

76932l.jpg

It looks pretty damn interesting

I'm looking forward to it, but with a grain of salt. The manga is quite good but suffers from some...stuff...and I absolutely ADORE the dude's artwork (mostly because he gives all his girls octopus lips and hips for days) but almost every single one of his series has just...I don't even know how to describe the writing. Read Cradle of Monsters and just go "Bwuh?" the entire time.

Russ T

Banned
Oh god, that Puri Puri Prisoner introduction in the manga is even worse. That character...

nocountryforshitposte2cphp.png

The part in the prison is "filler" that wasn't even in the original webcomic, IIRC. ): Glad they left it out of the anime, to be honest.

(Though everything I've heard is ONE has a hand in all extra stuff and helps write it.)

what did you do

Rock climbing with some friends/family and a clip broke at the worst possible spot on the route. My leg is just a fracture (small miracles) so hopefully I'll be able to at least walk sooner than later.

Thanks to everyone for the wishes though. NHK has been pretty interesting so far.

TUSR

Banned
Rock climbing with some friends/family and a clip broke at the worst possible spot on the route. My leg is just a fracture (small miracles) so hopefully I'll be able to at least walk sooner than later.

a clip broke on a wall belaying!? I've been climbing for 12 year and have never seen that happen.

a clip broke on a wall belaying!? I've been climbing for 12 year and have never seen either happen.

We'll assume that. I don't have much experience (only been for about a year now) and if I had to guess some of the "more experienced" people who came with weren't as experienced as they said they were. But since they are all friends and family I'm trying not to get too upset about it while sharing a cabin with them over Christmas. No clue what happened for sure, just that gravity started doing it's job all of a sudden. :l I guess I wasn't climb ready.

TUSR

Banned
We'll assume that. I don't have much experience (only been for about a year now) and if I had to guess some of the "more experienced" people who came with weren't as experienced as they said they were. But since they are all friends and family I'm trying not to get too upset about it while sharing a cabin with them over Christmas. No clue what happened for sure, just that gravity started doing it's job all of a sudden. :l I guess I wasn't climb ready.
It really shouldn't matter if one clip broke, the impact loading on the remaining ones shouldn't be enough to break them.

If it was the belayers fault and panicked, that's another story. And if it was one of your friends belaying, the climbing gym should have ensured they were able to belay.

Gotta have confidence in who is belaying you.

Sterok

Glitter Force 18

Emily is one cold soldier under that bubbly exterior, wishing her enemies just die. This Star Festival seems an awful lot like Tanabta. And it was suggested by Chloe too. The evidence for weeaboo continues to grow. What's with Pop's obsession with pizza? The dramatic moments are getting ruined by lousy music or too much dialogue. The comedy is fine, but the emotional beats aren't working.

Ascheroth

D.Gray-man - 01

Might just start this as a refresher now that a new anime is announced. I've read the manga two times so far (though not the latest few chapters), but I'm constantly forgetting everything due to the mindfuckery nature of the source and the business with the hiati and shift to monthly and now quarterly didn't help with that for sure.

Anyway, D.Gray-man is set in an alternative version of the end of the 19th century featuring supernatural elements. There are Akuma, a supernatural robot weapon fusion thing fueled by souls of the dead, and exorcists and the first episode does a nice job of introducing the viewer to those. Well, mostly the former.
J3KZT0P.jpg

Sure looking quite holy there, mister protagonist.

This episode also reminded me how much I like the design of the Akuma and the concept behind them. The part where
the Akuma skeleton went inside the body
sure didn't leave much to the imagination even though they only showed shadows.

Nice start.

I'm not in a rush though, so I'll probably be going quite slowly through this.

I'm looking forward to it, but with a grain of salt. The manga is quite good but suffers from some...stuff...and I absolutely ADORE the dude's artwork (mostly because he gives all his girls octopus lips and hips for days) but almost every single one of his series has just...I don't even know how to describe the writing. Read Cradle of Monsters and just go "Bwuh?" the entire time.

It's starting to seem like this one is going to be quite popular around here. A lot of you already knew about the manga and all.

I heard the biggest problem with the D.Gray-man anime was that it moved at a snail's pace.

From the New World Episode 18
download.png

This character was kinda ridiculous to be honest. Not...really sure what that floating woman was about either...

Okay, you know what, maybe we should have postponed our village festival a bit...

I gotta say the power divide creates
this interesting conflict where the rats are just totally outmatched in every regard in a straight up battle, we've known this. Because of this, they have to rely on more underhanded methods.

Poisoning, sneak attacks, disguises. It actually makes for some surprisingly engaging action moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom