• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the New World 07

Ehhhh that meeting of theirs? A bit too convenient for my likings, but sure. I'll allow it. I was planning on going to sleep, but after that ominous ending, I may have to "watch one more". Just one.

From the New World 08

UHHHHHH... WHAT. Fast forward two years out of the blue and then this comes to happen? This show totally switched genres on me here. I think I'm out lol.

Glitter Force 16

Normally I would just highlight some dialogue difference and how I feel what they mean, but we'll have that and a bit of complaints about direction.

What would be like... episode 18 here is more like 16 because the second episode was cut around his point.

This was about the Relay Race. The one where Everyone trains for a week to get better, to fix their mistakes, and win the race. And we see that happen. However, given the general dubbing standards of Saban, there was obviously two moments in the race whose impact is lowered both due to:

A) More dialogue than necessary
B) Music

One moment would be Yayoi/Lily's segment of the race, where it goes quiet for the "weak link" of the team. It's very quiet outside the sound of running in Smile. No cheering and whatnot, no inner monologues to the point that even Miyuki was ready to scream until her classmates started cheering for her. Even here it's like a feeling from me that despite her previous failures, there was hope that she could succeed at her position.

In Lily's case, music blaring all day everyday. Emily not shutting up. Even commenting on how no one is making any noise. A moment of disrespect really towards the viewer.

Oh but this part actually bothers me. The moment where April/Nao trips. A rather tragic moment that occurs, where no one was expecting or hoping for. A moment where the music just stops because it essentially meant game over. Not so much in Glitter Force. The entire scene was essentially played as a joke. A silly noise happens when April falls, followed with more generic dub music. And the general lines like "We didn't stink" and whatnot.

It's interesting. For Smile we had for Miyuki and Yayoi with "You were awesome Nao" and I'm glad I didn't give up, vs Emily's "I didn't drop the baton at all this time" and Lily's "I didn't come in Last, that's the best I've ever done". Two comments, that essentially tells us that thanks to April, they became better. And then Chloe's comment happens to solidify the joke.

j0JNiEm.png
kgQH47D.png

Left is GF. It's like on one point, I like that they called out how stupid it was that Reika was too dumb to know how to run properly, especially considering that we learned that she jogs, and matches up with what Saban is doing. On the other hand, I'm still not particularly fond that they ballsed it up, considering it was like a form of tragic irony. It was a pretty sad moment, and one that felt rather deserve, even though not a lot of moments in Smile felt really... deserved due to inconsistencies.

I will say though that rewatching this is making me reevaluate the general camaraderie of the Smiles though.

And yes. This is episode 16. Ignore the Doom Clock

Berserk 3

Something that I didn't touch on my last post for the second episode is the audio. The audio soundtrack in this is phenomenal. Sounds very 90s with the vocals, I dig it aha.

Also Guts is the OG tsundere isn't he? He started the movement.

Yeah, the Berserk soundtrack is amazing. Another reason to watch the TV version!

Watching the intro to the Berserk PS2 game and its sad how little the plot has advanced from the PS2 era

is that the show with sena in it

Yeah. I got tired of trying to follow along with a story so I switched to an anime where I didn't have to really watch.

And ended up watching. :l

I tried watching Haganai.
I couldn't even finish the first episode...

I'm stuck in bed in a cabin filled with family members I haven't seen in at least a year with half my appendages not functioning. At this point, anything this side of Glasslip is watchable. :p

Haganai wasn't actually that bad. If you just compared it to other harem animes, it'd be top tier. King of the garbage heap. Emperor of the landfill.
I enjoyed it despite myself. Solid 6.76/10

Hamst3r

After what feels like a lifetime of not watching Dragon Ball while everyone else was, I am finally watching Dragon Ball. On ep 14. Pretty good so far.

Line_HTX

Somehow ended up watching Haganai. Not sure how this happened.

Whoever decided to end Season 2 at that particular point needs to burn.

It's a decent time killer depending on how you want to watch it.

I didn't really like how NEXT ended either. It really felt rushed.

Sena is alright though.

Kvik

Sena is alright though.

Niku is best girl, definitely. I am a fan of the manga adaptation, but the Anime disappoint me greatly. In particular, its character designs.

I'd rate Shomin Sample higher than Haganai, though. Everyone should watch that instead.

ibyea

Banned
From the New World 07

Ehhhh that meeting of theirs? A bit too convenient for my likings, but sure. I'll allow it. I was planning on going to sleep, but after that ominous ending, I may have to "watch one more". Just one.

From the New World 08

UHHHHHH... WHAT. Fast forward two years out of the blue and then this comes to happen? This show totally switched genres on me here. I think I'm out lol.

I don't remember it changing genre...

duckroll

Yeah I think in this case we definitely need a clarification of what "genre changing" means. Hopefully it's not shorthand for "omg I don't want to catch the ghey". :(

Okay, to be fair, I don't think stopping at episode 8 of From the New World means that person is homophobic. That episode seems to take a lot of people by surprise. That said, it's also not a genre shift.

To give a more a slightly more depth explanation, the episode has,
in contrast to what the relationships hints we got earlier in the series, two male leads hook up, and the two main female leads hook up. This isn't because the characters are gay, but more due to genetic tampering that made the human race more like Bonobos.

When I say hook up however, I don't mean they hold hands. I mean both the girls and boys actually make out in fairly detailed fashion. The boys in particular get a rather elaborate scene. (These are young teenagers too by the way.) That said, neither makeout scene felt titillating. The scenes primarily seem to exist to show the audience how the various characters deal with stress.

I could see how the scene could make some viewers uncomfortable though.

duckroll

Random thought, but I was just thinking of a scene in the new GitS movie which put a smile on my face. When the Major was telling Aramaki about how her team is more efficient than the division he was commanding, and she just name drops koukaku kidotai in the middle of a sentence in the most natural way ever. That was good shit. Maybe the best line Tow Ubukata has written in years!

Anime is the best and worst genre.

You know, because it's all the same.

One Punch Man, Hunter X Hunter, Berserk, One Piece...they're all basically identical to Sword Art Online, School Days, Blade & Soul, and Terraformars.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Anime is the best and worst genre.

You know, because it's all the same.

One Punch Man, Hunter X Hunter, Berserk, One Piece...they're all basically identical to Sword Art Online, School Days, Blade & Soul, and Terraformars.
Im pretty sure one of those you've mentioned is a game.

Random thought, but I was just thinking of a scene in the new GitS movie which put a smile on my face. When the Major was telling Aramaki about how her team is more efficient than the division he was commanding, and she just name drops koukaku kidotai in the middle of a sentence in the most natural way ever. That was good shit. Maybe the best line Tow Ubukata has written in years!

Wasn't that the Japanese name of the series? I remember it sounded something like that.

Droplet

Wait is this about Sound! Euphonium?

Hahaha

Anywhere really. :p
Largely, straight men still will watch lesbian content. In fact a lot of that content is made to pander to them.

I mean, let's not go pretending that gay content, at least in the anime world, isn't pandering to straight women either. But there is the distinction that more women are still willing to watch lesbian content than men might be with gay content. And of course I'm not going to pretend in the context of From the New World that it's Saki feeling up Maria's chest that sends people running.

Hahaha

I mean, let's not go pretending that gay content, at least in the anime world, isn't pandering to straight women either. But there is the distinction that more women are still willing to watch lesbian content than men might be with gay content. And of course I'm not going to pretend in the context of From the New World that it's Saki feeling up Maria's chest that sends people running.

Oh they were running. They just came back with tissues.

Seriously though, shouldn't be hard to stomach some male on male kissing, even if it may be off-putting for some. If it does trigger a violent revulsion of sorts then some introspection is about high time.

/XX/

Pleidas was decent but does it not make you a little sad that that is the best Gainax can do now? Its probably their best show since Panty and Stocking-that was 5 nearly 6 years ago now.
We'll have to wait for at least next year's (hopeful) release of the 'Overture' from Uru in Blue to judge that, I suppose. ;-)

More seriously now, I find necessary to consider the impending transformation they've geared towards commencing the actual production of a complex project like that said film, which requires extraordinary means of searching for low risk financing in the form of overseas LLPs, the creation of a new studio division (featuring prestigious supervisors) as training grounds for recouping some base talent, and the over-reliance in the meantime on the most "veteran" key figures left after the 'diaspora'; like Manami Umeshita or the now omnipresent Shōji Saeki, given more and more responsibility in-house to the point of not only overseeing but working on their own for the Fukushima GAiNAX proper first standalone projects too (for example, in the most recent NHK's Omoi no Kakera animated short, a showcase opportunity for the Tōhoku region recruits)!

Hattori

Banned
It's very unlikely that the domestic release by Aniplex of America will get reprinted. However, if you really want the show on BD, I believe that the Japanese release has English subtitles. It'll be pricey, but the option is there!
I want it, but I don't want it that much xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom