• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Beautiful Bones 12 - A season epilogue kind of episode. And a how they met episode. And I guess this just reinforces how I enjoy it more most of the time when its just about them. Dunno if that's purely down to the simplistic mysteries or not. And I have to say its kind of sucky if they've now just introduced the big bad only to have it end with no more episodes.

D.Grey-man - 02

I sure love the atmosphere of this show. It's dark, creepy, mysterious but can also be light-hearted at times.
While the first episode was all about introducing the enemy - the Akuma - this episode focused on the exorcists and their means to fight them, a 'substance' called Innocence.
We have Allen arriving at the headwuarter of the exorcists, the Black Order and of course misunderstandings ensue and some action.
Lots of information about everything right from the get go, but somehow it doesn't come off as an infodump but feels pretty natural interwoven.

The exorcists are a fun bunch and before I forget it again, the OP is really cool.

If you've read the entire manga to the current chapter this episode or chapter is pretty much foreshadowing to the later events in the manga.

Manga Spoilers
You know how the door senses anything Akuma or anything that affiliates with it. Well when the door sensed Allen he thought he was a Akuma, but little did he know it was actually because he had a Noah in him.

You joke but I think by now people have started to take the Miura and Im@s and Togashi/Dragon Quest thing seriously.

Togashi has at least a wife and two (three?) children, Miura is the typical single otaku afaik.

But I suppose the true problem of Miura is him being burnt off after more than two decades working on the same.

Cornbread78

My Little Monster 01

So I saw this was on Netflix and I blindly decided to watch it.

Things seem to be moving a little quickly because in the space of twenty minutes Shizuku met Haru for the first time, stood up for him against his "friends", received a confession of love from him and was also kissed by him at the end.

Are they gonna be married by episode 3?

I know there was a timeskip later in the episode, but STILL, you just met! Slow down Haru! Also he needs to learn some self control because that punch he landed on Shizuku looked like it hurt quite a bit.

Just keep watching. The show is pretty good, but VERY frustrating at tines with all the angst and misunderstandings, lol. Still a good watch.

Shomin Sample ep.12
Excellent. The show was very funny and entertaining outside of those couple that focused on loli Hakou. Very good show for the season.

Ascheroth

If you've read the entire manga to the current chapter this episode or chapter is pretty much foreshadowing to the later events in the manga.

Manga Spoilers
You know how the door senses anything Akuma or anything that affiliates with it. Well when the door sensed Allen he thought he was a Akuma, but little did he know it was actually because he had a Noah in him.

I'm not completely up to date with the manga, but it's at most a few chapters I'm behind given the release rate <.<
But yeah, I thought of that too and the foreshadowing is pretty awesome.
I wonder if I'll catch some more things during this watch but I've probably forgotten a lot already.
We'll see.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kids these days...

Back in my day we didn't even hold hands until episode 50.

Hamst3r

CW8ZO6vUoAE1Wqv.png

So smug.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Back in my day there was no such thing as holding hands because the only anime available in the whole of the UK was Urotsukidoji.

Qurupeke

Shokugeki No Soma 6-9

YrCDEJU.jpg

This girl looks like a black haired Chiyo.
HPweBC5.jpg
xPvtzAx.jpg

yN9twdL.png
aFem99y.png

Yeah, it's getting so good. And it's so funny! The humor in this show is not really gag based, but I just can't stop laughing when I see the 7th seat naked with the apron or all of these ridiculous reactions. Also, I realized that Uchida Maaya voices Yuki, I'd recognize that cute voice and the -ssu in any anime. And Takasugi/DIO voices Gin Dojima guy, he's bound to be a villain. lol

Mito arc was pretty fun, I laughed a lot. The best thing was her reaction that she won't be working with Soma. The new arc is even better, the Aldini brothers are much more interesting and fun to watch. Takumi especially was really fun, taking everything so seriously. Oh, and that chef woman and her obsession on Megumi are scary. I totally hoped Soma would use her snacks as an ingredient and he did!!!

The last scene scene before the credits with Erina, Soma and the ED song playing was my favourite so far. Really the greatest. I think I'm up for Erina x Soma, despite her being such an arrogant person.

Cornbread78

BTW, who is posting/running the AOTY thread next week? I didn't see anyone claim it in the other thread (create/org OT)

Shokugeki No Soma 6-9
I think I'm up for Erina x Soma, despite her being such an arrogant person.

Just wanted to say I disapprove of the statement tsun tsun chef needs to stay in the kitchen with her mouth and attitude shut.

Megumi ftw.

Pfft at people encouraging Soma x Erina.

You haven't even seen the true OTP that actually have genuine chemistry and blows out the other competition.

All hail the Soma x Hisako route. :)

Well, yeah, I don't blame him. It's been a long time since he started.

But that's totally his fault.

So I blame him.

He also wouldn't have had to work on it that long if the storytelling remained at least remotely as succinct as it was in The Golden Age arc instead of gradually turning Berserk into a mere MotW format with negligible bits of story progression.

Cornbread78

No one because we all agreed WUG Zoo is AotY and can't be arsed with the counting of votes.

Hilarious. Van you make the banner with an animated GAF-Chan like our community banner? Make sure everything other than Shirobako and OPM have images in the banner, lol. Those two don't need help. More Plastic Memories, Cross Ange, Charlotte and Etotama images please.

jett

D-Member
Sure. It was designed to be a very long running children's series that was going to air over the course of a year. They really embraced the fact that they had such a high number of episodes (unusually high when you consider how most shows are 11-12 episodes long these days) and matched their pacing against how many episodes were ordered.

I mean, that doesn't make it better. It just explains it.

Oh well, thanks for the explanation.

It is a nice refreshingly positive show with a good, motivational message. I like how it doesn't fall into either shoujo or shonen.

It is a nice refreshingly positive show with a good, motivational message. I like how it doesn't fall into either shoujo or shonen.

Space Brothers is an adaptation of a seinen manga, albeit an adaptation that, at least in its first year when it aired early Sunday mornings, is squarely aimed at children.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 31-32

Finally, Nanami calls out Utena for being dense as fuck. Someone had to do it, Utena either completely ignores, deludes herself into thinking otherwise or does not notice the most obvious shit.

The super incesty vibe Anthy and Akio give off at any point when they are near each other.
That the exact car Akio drives with the "Ohtori" license plate just happens to show up at all the duels. About 50 of them. Every time.
That Akio is obviously End of the World.
She hardly questions why Anthy is such a weirdo and so compliant with everything.
Hardly anything bothers her, especially things that should bother her. Why does Anthy seem to only care about her brother and being the rose bride/who she is engaged to and nothing else? Maybe that means something. Anthy has multiple times when about to go to sleep wanted to tell Utena something, then decided not to. Maybe that means something.

I don't mean to say that it's frustrating or bad because at least I can interpret it as some kind of doublethink and not just her being a total idiot, but c'mon girl.

Nanami's really no better, though. What a hypocrite. I assume she saw Anthy and Akio after they had banged and stopped and thought "Wait, no, that's fucked up. I'm fucked up." Or maybe she realized Touga is a womanizing asshole. Well, more like stopped tolerating it. It's kind of hard to feel sorry for Nanami because it's Nanami but Touga is an awful person.

Both of them are getting played hard, and it looks like Nanami almost realizes that. It's really weird that Nanami feels more like the secondary main character then Anthy does. I think Nanami has the most episodes about her then even Utena.

I have done some research and support Soma x Hisako now

Erina and Megumi are the only actual options, if Soma ever realizes what attraction is.

The pacing is probably a lot more frustrating when marathoning it. Watching it week to week over a year, I actually enjoyed having a nice slowly paced and relaxing show to watch every weekend.

Ascheroth

D.Grey-man - 03

Allens first mission. Along with Kanda they are supposed to collect a newfound Innocence.
This episode shows how a 'normal' worknight of an exorcist and the Finders (normal humans that support the exorcists) is. Well, one thing becomes quite clear: being a Finder is not really a good idea if you fancy a long life.

It also shows off the stark contrast in thinking between Kanda and Allen. While the former is your cold, analytical 'deaths don't matter as long as the plan succeeds' person, our protagonist is more emotional inclined with a 'defeat them to save as many as possible' view.

Of course the mission isn't smooth sailing and Allen already faces a strong Akuma. Will he prevail against seemingly impossible odds? Will Kanda actually help him? Or will the Ghost of Mater do something?
Find out next episode!

K: Return of Kinds 7-12

Caught up on this since I fell a few episodes behind. This series is so good. Maybe I'm just blind, but does this show not get much recognition?

The animation and music throughout the series is amazing.

The more people that understand and support this OTP the better.

Honestly Megumi and Erina's relationship and chemistry with Soma is boring compared to Hisako. I really don't see what some others do in Megumi and Erina. I guess that has to do with different taste.

From the New World 19-21
download.png

Welp.

But oh man,
Squealer's plan is brilliant!

It's so brilliant! It's one of those rare world dominating plans that doesn't ruin the entire planet in the process.

I'm a big fan of those.

Shounen Hollywood S2 6

So this episode was exclusively the main cast watching the episode of the TV detective drama that one of them, Tommy, was filming two episodes ago. As is appropriate for this show, the drama was rather unconventional itself, focusing less on the resolution of mysteries than on the expression of emotions. (When Tommy is discussing it with the other members of Shounen Hollywood at the end, he mentions that the series tries to take a more realistic approach to detective work, having culprits go uncaught and mysteries unsolved until seasons later than their introduction.) And it managed to incorporate the themes of looking to your seniors and figuring out your future that the whole series has been dealing with. I love these high-concept episodes.

Chindogg

Man all you guys trying to pair up Soma when clearly the best option here is for him to have a harem of sous chefs.

Shomin Sample END

They really expanded on the manga's lunacy with this mini-arc, as well as hinting toward the next two arcs.

The Gets jokes are whatever (they actually dedicated full chapters to the jokes) so at least it was in a quick throwaway scene. Really looking forward to season 2.

BTW, if you're not a Haruka fan she kinda takes a backseat in later chapters (except for some one offs.)

Unfortunately, it seems you have conducted very faulty research. Everything in the anime and manga fully confirms SoTaku.
tumblr_nakfxzjOgO1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Who else occupies so much of his time off panel, and when has soma even entertained any discussion of depth beyond just with Taku, he hasnt, Theres more proof that is out there.

Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note Episode 12
CW8ohVHW8AA4hbY.png

Best Wakatake kun face lol.
and Uesugi surgery was successful, that was a stressful weak of waiting. I thought he'd be going blind. Even when he was walking and having to hold the wall :(

Mailbox

Minami-ke Okawari 3-13 (END)

Significantly worse art than season 1. So much so, that i put this on hiatus after being pissed off at the poor colour contrasting and weird eye designs. I binged it over the last couple of days and found it very enjoyable, but still not as good as season one.

Not a bad watch, but obviously not as good as It could have been.

Season 1> Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom