• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revolutionary Girl Utena 34

QUfEuZJ.jpg

HAH, YOU'RE ONE DAY OFF FUCKERS!

The shadow girls spell everything out in an obvious and blatant way right in from of Utena, literally using spotlights. I didn't think that they were like, actual tangible people. Just kind of a method for the writers to speak 1 v 1 to the audience, but I guess that should've been thrown out when Utena started responding to them. Or maybe they still aren't real. Whatever.

I think I need someone to sit me down and tell me wtf because this episode was denser then Utena herself

That cliffhanger though. Just so deadpan.

Cornbread78

Shomin Sample 12 (END)

Anyone else feel a bit weird how we got practically nothing out of the maid or the childhood friend at all? I expected a bit more. Disappointed on that front...

Yeah know what, now that you mention it, more maid is always welcome, as well as the childhood friend. I wonder of they are covered in later chapters of the manga?

Yeah know what, now that you mention it, more maid is always welcome, as well as the childhood friend. I wonder of they are covered in later chapters of the manga?

I will spoil things and say maid NO (WHICH IS FUCKING BULLSHIT, SHE'S THE MOST INTERESTING CHARACTER, WHY IS SHE A MAID, WHY DOES SHE KISS HIM EVERY MORNING HOW FUCKING UNREAL WAS THAT REVEAL?!?!) and childhood friend yes (also fun stuff).

I think the anime got it's legs under it a little late so it's a bit uneven and they focused a lot on fan service at the expense of some of the humor but overall it wasn't a bad adaptation. Might go into it more once this season is over and I type up all my thoughts and get tomatoes thrown at me or DMed to my inbox.

Quasar

My understanding is that Kujou has still not been explained any more than we got in the anime.

Mailbox

I will spoil things and say maid NO (WHICH IS FUCKING BULLSHIT, SHE'S THE MOST INTERESTING CHARACTER, WHY IS SHE A MAID, WHY DOES SHE KISS HIM EVERY MORNING HOW FUCKING UNREAL WAS THAT REVEAL?!?!) and childhood friend yes (also fun stuff).

I think the anime got it's legs under it a little late so it's a bit uneven and they focused a lot on fan service at the expense of some of the humor but overall it wasn't a bad adaptation. Might go into it more once this season is over and I type up all my thoughts and get tomatoes thrown at me or DMed to my inbox.

WTF!?
What a fucking waste

Yep. They haven't explored any more than what they showed in the anime for her. Total bullshit. Though the current arc is pretty fun and all I still wanna know about Kujo more.

Hyouka - 20

CW95rnbWkAAoGSy.png:large

Haven't you seen how this situation goes down in harem anime? We can't be like them, we're a class act!

This really improved for me with the way Oreki's way more open and less of a stuck-up as he was in the beginning of the show. The show's at its best when it's just him and Chitanda talking.

Chindogg

Shomin Sample 12 (END)

Barack-Obama-Confused-gif.gif

wtf?

This was... what?
Its like every overplayed anime harem ending trope played straight (I'm sure they tried to go for absurd-ism, but jesus... way to fail at that.)

Note to everyone: if your show doesn't use absurd elements, don't do what this ending did in its first half. It just ends up being corny and annoying rather than "WHOW WACKY!!"

The last third returns to being rather normal for the series and works well, though.

Anyone else feel a bit weird how we got practically nothing out of the maid or the childhood friend at all? I expected a bit more. Disappointed on that front...

They're saving those two for season 2. Eri is a big part of the current arc so it'll take a while for it to flesh out enough in the manga for the second season to reflect upon it. As for Kujou, it's clear that she knows Kimito from a previous time that's been hinted at several times in the past. They haven't pushed for her arc yet, which I think will happen fairly soon in the manga as everything's coming together with Eri showing up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For a recluse Oreki was a snappy dresser.

Dapper as fuck.

Mailbox

Young Black Jack episodes 6-12 (end)

Okay, i'll admit i'm more impressed than i thought i would be.

In Vietnam (at least parts 1 and 2) were weak, but part 3 was interesting. PTSD is used in interesting ways (or rather, more interesting that other anime)

The silent revolution took me by surprise, focusing on human affects of nerve gas, US racial problems, and even at one point mentioning the holocaust in a way that i felt wan't horrible or cringe worthy (so props for that). I did feel that the message of this arc was a bit confusing as I wasn't sure if they wanted the viewer to see Johnny's intentions as bad or not. Maybe that was the point, but something still urked me.

The Gruesome Chronicle was an interesting revenge story thriller type deal, i enjoyed it. I did find that the big problem it had was that it lacked the dichotomy of "which side is the right side" in this arc though. There are clear villains here. Its more of a tragedy story than anything else. The gadget aspect of things was silly and a bit dumb imo. Fucking grappling hooks man.

The last episode was great. I'm not really sure what else can be said there. It simultaneously is open for a sequel season and open to let people go into the main blackjack series.

Overall, I liked the series. I won't say its great or amazing or anything, but it went places most anime wouldn't dare to touch and did those parts well enough to make them work.

Commendable and slightly recommendable.

jgminto

Young Black Jack episodes 6-12 (end)
The last episode was great. I'm not really sure what else can be said there. It simultaneously is open for a sequel season and open to let people go into the main blackjack series.
Was it? I thought it was a pretty poor finish to the show. I wasn't interested in any of the characters involved aside from Black Jack and the representation of the themes of the episode was weak compared to most of the season.

One Punch Man OVA 1

That was underwhelming, for an episode about Genos stalking Saitama to figure out his strength it could have been more then nothing? The best part was the ED. There are 6 of these, so hopefully they get better.

Mailbox

Was it? I thought it was a pretty poor finish to the show. I wasn't interested in any of the characters involved aside from Black Jack and the representation of the themes of the episode was weak compared to most of the season.

Sorry, I probably should have been more clear in saying that i found it great just short of having an arc ending type deal. The characters themselves in the episodes may not have been the most interesting, but it was more Hazama's story here than anyone elses.

For me, it rounded out his transformation, instead of seeing intense and horrible darkness he sees quick and terrible end that (for all intents and purposes) is basically an accidental death after he had just preformed a surgery. despite turning his back to ideals he doesn't agree with, despite trying to save everyone he can, no matter the ideal or how those ideal have affected them, he can't save her.

Throughout the series there is often tough choices or exceeding guilt of what he "could have" or "should have" done, but here he had nothing. He was clear set, did the right thing, and got fuck all for it.

I guess that's how i saw it anyway.

(ALSO: CHRISTMAS AVATAR TIME!!!) (I'll put on a new years one a few days before new years)

Mailbox

God damn, there are like 6 shows that I wanted to see after they were done this season.

damn...
Welp, better get started :3

Ascheroth

D.Grey-man - 04

This is so good.

An
evolved
Akuma is seriously no joke. Allen and Kanda are outclassed from the very beginning. Loved how it used its power of
copying appearanced and powers and even masking poor Toma
Kanda continues to be cold-hearted and there was also already foreshadowing of one of the latest manga arcs.
The story around the Ghost of Matel has quite the somber feel to it and the song was really beautiful.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 2

Oh hey, this season remembered that it can have ponderous 7 minute conversations and actually have a point to it all, that was missed.

Qurupeke

Shokugeki no Soma 10

Oh man. The start was slow but this episode had such a great ending. Soma is really growing on me. Poor Tadokoro though. ;_; At first I thought she was pretty useless, but there are various times she proved to actually be a good chef. That glasses-senpai sucks so much.

Shokugeki no Soma 11

Inui's the best. She was funny in her previous appearance too, but in this episode, Inui is just too adorable. Being an annoyance to Kojiro is the perfect job for her. lol

Shokugeki no Soma 12

That was an interesting way to win. It'd be a real shame if Tadokoro was expelled so early. Also, I realized that not only Inui, but Yuki is also obsessed with Tadokoro. I think I can join this fan club too.

Shokugeki no Soma 13

New girl seems promising. I think I already like her more than Erina and Tadokoro. Erina's food still brings the best reactions though. I wonder what Soma is doing and everyone is surprised, in a bad way.

phaze

Apparently the full Decent Black(first Owari op from Ougi) song was released. So good. :)

But only the first and last 20 seconds are good ...

I kid, I kid but I wished it was more like those first 20 seconds.
Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 2

Oh hey, this season remembered that it can have ponderous 7 minute conversations and actually have a point to it all, that was missed.
You seem to have skipped the first Nekomonogatari ? Not sure if deliberate choice or not, just pointing that out in case it wasn't.

---

Merry Christmas everyone, may you be graced by many top tier waifu figurines under your Christmas tree.

Ended up not watching any Berserk/From the New World last night. Party was too lit, and now I'm too hungover. Now I have to repeat this for 2 more nights in a row, ugh. Must say, alcohol really brings out the good in everyone, coworkers specially lol.

Anyway Merry Christmas everyone!!

Qurupeke

There are so many screencaps I want to post, this show is really great. I prefer to post more episodes than one everytime but I want to share all these pictures. :(

Shokugeki No Soma 14
Alice is the superior Nakiri. I see. She's so charming. But I really have to admit that DTL was partially right, Takumi really seems to care for Soma... a lot.... >_> It was pretty dumb of Soma to have a souffle for such a competition though. Alice's idea was the best ever, she should have beat Erina.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 443 – The Difference in Power
Sasuke expressions are wonderful, he goes through so many in an episode. I did feel a bit sad for him because of his struggles to please his dad, meet Itachi's level, and also get stronger than Naruto. Naruto continues to be levels above him no matter how much he trains. Poor Sasuke.

I like how were about to do a Sasuke Retrieval Arc Redux [Sasuke freely leaving, no curse mark stuff]. I wonder how badly Lee will get beat down.

kewlmyc

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 443 – The Difference in Power

Sasuke expressions are wonderful, he goes through so many in an episode. I did feel a bit sad for him because of his struggles to please his dad, meet Itachi's level, and also get stronger than Naruto. Naruto continues to be levels above him no matter how much he trains. Poor Sasuke.

I like how were about to do a Sasuke Retrieval Arc Redux [Sasuke freely leaving, no curse mark stuff]. I wonder how badly Lee will get beat down.

So the anime is currently in "what if" territory now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom