• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shounen Hollywood S2 8

In this episode, Kakeru, having just been placed in the leadership position of the group by the President, gets frustrated at how much of his image is being manufactured around him now. The centerpiece of this is an interview that the President arranges, where the interviewer hardly even listens to his answers and then publishes a completely made-up interview with Kakeru sounding much more confident and outgoing than he actually was. In moments like this, you can really see the experience as an idol that writer Ikuyo Hashiguchi brings to the table. It has the ring of truth.

Qurupeke

Shokugeki No Soma 15-16
YObfLo6.png
luK9weK.png

I didn't expect to see Joichiro again so soon. I guess that Autumn elections are going to be a hell of an event. The new ED is so creepy and Erina focused too. I really hope Joichiro is not Erina's father...... I guess he isn't, as the Erina x Soma still holds, but I can't be sure.

Shounen Hollywood S2 8

In this episode, Kakeru, having just been placed in the leadership position of the group by the President, gets frustrated at how much of his image is being manufactured around him now. The centerpiece of this is an interview that the President arranges, where the interviewer hardly even listens to his answers and then publishes a completely made-up interview with Kakeru sounding much more confident and outgoing than he actually was. In moments like this, you can really see the experience as an idol that writer Ikuyo Hashiguchi brings to the table. It has the ring of truth.

Those episodes were the most memorable for me this season. Everyones emotions with dealing with shonen hollywoods leadership change is unforgettable.

Quasar

So did Sakurako-san ever get good in the end? Dropped it at the festival episode.

Well I found it enjoyable. Just oddly for a mystery show it was the stuff outside the mysteries that entertained me more. And it ended better than Perfect Insider.

Though thinking about it, thats more or less true of Bones too. Or was up until I'd had enough.

D.Grey-man - 05

That was sad :(.
The song is beautiful and the story between Lala and Guzol was quite tragic.

On another note, I love me some shounen rage powerups:

But man was that Akuma freaking tough.

The saddest part is that it gets worse.

That Akuma is like a scrub compared to what's to come.

Exalted

Owarimonogatari Episode 1-6

Decided to watch it now that it has finished, and i have plenty of time.

I really like this season so far. I enjoy it much more than the last few off seasons based on Suruga Kanbaru and Yotsugi Ononoki.
It's just something about Ougi Oshino and the way she talks and her smug altitude, that makes me really like her. Also Araragi is suprisingly tamed in this season, and you don't have to wonder if he will get arested some day for his perwertnes.

Just T

Gintama- 303

Pretty good episode, there were some dips in the animation quality throughout the ep but it didn’t really bother me. Some really good moments and that ending plus the preview were great. Looking forward to the next episode a lot.

Beautiful Bones- 12

I wasn’t expecting them to tackle Hanabusa in the last ep so guess this works in a way, this flashback still could have been shown way earlier though. Overall, this anime was alright, there were a few times I found the main characters annoying but for the most part they were straight. It turned out and looked better than I initially expected.

Only have a few more shows to finish from this season that aren’t continuing into Winter.

Qurupeke

Owarimonogatari Episode 1-6

Decided to watch it now that it has finished, and i have plenty of time.

I really like this season so far. I enjoy it much more than the last few off seasons based on Suruga Kanbaru and Yotsugi Ononoki.
It's just something about Ougi Oshino and the way she talks and her smug altitude, that makes me really like her. Also Araragi is suprisingly tamed in this season, and you don't have to wonder if he will get arested some day for his perwertnes.

Hanamonogatari was pretty boring, as it was mostly about Suruga, in which she was pretty serious. For better or worse, she's at her best when she supports other people with her lewd personality and her readiness for action. Also, the other girl was pretty boring. It was kind of an "off-season" story, as it's a timeskip so it doesn't really affect the story much. On the other hand, while I liked Tsukimonogatari, it felt pretty pointless in anything other than advancing the story. It had its moments, like when Senjougahara or Ougi appeared, but other than that I can't say it was that interesting.

The whole Sodachi arc. is quite different from both them, in many aspects. It doesn't really advance the plot, but it gives tons of development to Araragi, Ougi and even Hanekawa. It has a great story, that feels a lot different than all the supernatural stuff we were used, and it has some great interactions between the characters. It's really amazing, that even after so many episodes, this show still felt fresh and it was doing new things. Overall, the Sodachi arc was certainly one of my favourites. The most amazing thing about it, is that it didn't feature (much) fan service and it still delivered. Oh, and Sodachi's performance was just too good.

Oh yeah, I started reading Kizu and the very opening scene of Bake with the Marilyn Monroe wind blowing up the skirt was actually from Kizu the whole time and Araragi spends three pages describing it.

lol

Qurupeke

Shokugeki No Soma 17-18

Poor Mayo girl. She doesn't know that she's up against the likes of Tadokoro, Erina and Alice and she stands no chance. And Nikumi has to come, the most exotic of them all. RIP Mayo, we barely knew you. The story was kinda boring, they're keep hyping up the Elections but they're also keep stalling. That 9th seat guy seems like the first major boss of the story, I hope Soma will face off against him in the Elections.

Oh yeah, I started reading Kizu and the very opening scene of Bake with the Marilyn Monroe wind blowing up the skirt was actually from Kizu the whole time and Araragi spends three pages describing it.

lol

This sounds radical.

DiGiKerot

Would be interesting seeing this in theaters, but I don't know how lost I would be considering I've only watched Bakemonogatari.

Plus I've heard it's only an hour long, which would be disappointing.

Not having watched anything past Bake would actually put you in a real good position to watch Kizumonogatari - Kizu is a prequel that provides a pretty important piece of context for all the Monogatari series post-Bake, which has been completely missing for all of us only watching the anime up until this point.

A late thought as I catch up, but damn it all I can't wait to behold the spectacle of fun that the SRW team is going to have with the Newest Fafner series as per the lot of it---but especially now ep 25 with the (I think) sudden new music right after they brought back their most iconic of themes and everything.

Such an underrated series---have to believe it would've garnered so much more attention had there not been such a massive gap between each "season" in the grand scheme of things.

Ascheroth

A late thought as I catch up, but damn it all I can't wait to behold the spectacle of fun that the SRW team is going to have with the Newest Fafner series as per the lot of it---but especially now ep 25 with the (I think) sudden new music right after they brought back their most iconic of themes and everything.

Such an underrated series---have to believe it would've garnered so much more attention had there not been such a massive gap between each "season" in the grand scheme of things.

It's the AOTY no one watches.
I'm looking forward to watching the last 3 episodes all at once when the finale comes out tomorrow.

And yeah, the fact that you need to have watched a series from 2004 to get the most out of it probably doesn't do it any favors, sadly...

Squishy3

I guess I know my deadline to watch the rest of Monogatari then. Currently working through second season, I only have Tsuki and Owari to watch after that right?

Although I guess technically I don't need to have finished it since it takes place before all that anyway.

I guess I know my deadline to watch the rest of Monogatari then. Currently working through second season, I only have Tsuki and Owari to watch after that right?

+ Hana.

SS -> Hana -> Tsuki -> Owari.

And no, you don't need to have all that finished. Kizu was supposed to be after Bake.

I wish I could forget about Hanamonogatari too.

Yeah, I don't like it that much either. Kanbaru doesn't really make for an interesting protagonist to follow and whats her face cripple girl wasn't interesting either. It's not like Oikura where I'm fine she only shows up the once and then never again, I felt that was way more complete. It's telling that when Araragi showed up in Hana I got way more interested.

I feel like the times when the series focused on Kaiki, Hanekawa and Nadeko as kinda being in the main role was WAY better.

It's the AOTY no one watches.
I'm looking forward to watching the last 3 episodes all at once when the finale comes out tomorrow.

And yeah, the fact that you need to have watched a series from 2004 to get the most out of it probably doesn't do it any favors, sadly...

It is damn near the forthcoming D. Gray Man situation all over again!

Line_HTX

One Punch Man 12 END

Man, I miss fights like these where even the villain considers it a badge of honor to fight someone that can challenge or take him down. The animation was simply amazing in this finale.

Would rewatch all over again. The OST was pretty sick as well. This definitely should be in the running for AOTY 2015.

There are a few characters that I wanted to see more of, but I guess I'll have to wait for the continuation in the future.

Damn, I finally finished something for once in a long time this year. Onward to the end of year crunching marathon.

One Punch Man 12 END

Man, I miss fights like these where even the villain considers it a badge of honor to fight someone that can challenge or take him down. The animation was simply amazing in this finale.

Would rewatch all over again. The OST was pretty sick as well. This definitely should be in the running for AOTY 2015.

There are a few characters that I wanted to see more of, but I guess I'll have to wait for the continuation in the future.

Its going to be a very very very very long wait because of Murata's very slow releases. Plus ONE releases OPM whenever he wants to since Mob Psycho is his top priority.

You might as well wait till 2021 or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom