• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Gundam Thunderbolt 1
NOHc653l.jpg
This was nice in the sense that it felt really tight. It's not Federation vs Zeon so much as it is a focused sort of skirmish between two units from each side. It's basically the good parts of UC without all the baggage usually associated with it. All the little character stuff on either side made it feel rather personal too which was really unexpected. First person shot from the Zaku's POV was friggin' great too.

Gundam Thunderbolt 1

This was nice in the sense that it felt really tight. It's not Federation vs Zeon so much as it is a focused sort of skirmish between two units from each side. It's basically the good parts of UC without all the baggage usually associated with it. All the little character stuff on either side made it feel rather personal too which was really unexpected. First person shot from the Zaku's POV was friggin' great too.

You forgot to mention the best part of the episode.

The soundtrack. That was definitely the highlight when I saw the episode aside from the stylized visuals.

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt 01

First off, subs using YouTube's CC is fucking awful. They are delayed by like a half second and sometimes more and it drives me insane.

It looks really great, though. First person Zaku sequence was really cool. Despite being like 16 minutes long it still managed to throw in a shitton of terminology and names, typical Gundam. Living Dead Squad is easy enough at least since everyone there is an amputee or something similar.

When is the next episode?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt Episode 1:

This was like Gundam UC Concentrate with none of the usual shitty bit thus far and with very high production values, yes, I rather liked this package.

Saudades

Wait, the Youtube version of Gundam Thunderbolt doesn't have the next episode preview? The earlier Gundam Fanclub app version had it. Says the next ep is in February iirc.

Gundam Thunderbolt 1

Yeah the tightness is what I like about Thunderbolt from reading the manga as well.There's mostly no politics and no Newtype bs involved. Just some good, gritty battles and a palatable rivalry story, now translate to the screen with good visuals and music as well.

Narag

Yeah the tightness is what I like about Thunderbolt from reading the manga as well.There's mostly no politics and no Newtype bs involved. Just some good, gritty battles and a palatable rivalry story, now translate to the screen with good visuals and music as well.

I was kinda hoping it'd be resolved that ep and I'd get like 4 little short stories but alas!

Saudades

Do you need to know about UC stuff to get into the new Gundam thing?
Not really, but knowing some basic UC background would help. Like, watching the original 0079 film trilogy.
Thunderbolt takes place right before the final battle in 0079 I think, although some considers it non-canon.
Gundam Thunderbolt

...but he has good taste in music.

Yeah.
When he says Daryl had bad taste in music in the manga I didn't think it was for real.

Jarmel

Banned
That uh romance scene in Thunderbolt was kinda bad.

It's nice though for a Gundam and by extension the pilot, be a villain for once.

Gundam AGE 6

At first I only had issues with the aesthetics, but the faction introductions this episode, coupled with some very questionable motivation for some character actions is pushing my tolerance.

Gundam Thunderbolt 1

That OST is so fucking good, damn. It elevated the overall episode and just gave it a nice watching experience. The MC seems like a likeable dickbag which I like.

The visuals for some reason remind me of something but I just can't pinpoint what. Maybe a Suda51 game but I don't know. However, the visuals are full of style and a breath of fresh air.

Clockwork Planet anime announced.
http://cupo.cc/archives/105357

The Earth had died a thousand years ago. It was rebuilt using gears by a mysterious man named "Y". In the present, while Naoto Miura is living his life as a high school student and a gear enthusiast, a box crashed into his home. In the box, is an beautiful automata girl, RyuZU. This encounter would then have a profound effect on both Naoto and Society itself.
dYD9hk8.jpg

duckroll

Gundam Thunderbolt - Episode 1

Great Christmas Present from Bandai. This feels basically like Enemy at the Gates: Gundam Edition. I love the character art design, and the direction is solid. Ko Matsuo is really bringing his A game to this. That FOV camera shot of the Zaku getting owned towards the end was super cool. Hope the rest of this 4-part short series lives up to the promise here!

Revolutionary Girl Utena 36

omg when Touga says that he wanted to "save" Utena he meant protect her from Akio because whoever goes on to the final duel has to fight him and something terrible will happen right? Also it seems like Saionji was always opposed to End of the World and the duels this whole time and has convinced Touga the same.

But that final scene though. Even more, that preview. "Don't you know how much I've always despised you?" Holy shit, I wish someone could have gotten my reaction to that on camera.

Mailbox

The Asterisk War 1-12 (i guess END until season 2)

I know people didn't like this series, but I thought it was better than the average anime of this type. Definitely WAY above something like absolute duo (which was fucking dumb).

I enjoyed it, will watch the second season.

I just really hope that the second cour actually has an ending.

I swear, at this point so long as an anime doesn't cause me pain I'll consider it an enjoyable experience :p

On to other series to catch up in :3

Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Rewatching this while making my brother watch it for the first time, for a Christmas anime. First time was before seeing 0079, so it's nice seeing it with that context now in mind. A lot more sympathetic to Al in the earlier episodes knowing how it ends up.

Gundam: Thunderbolt 1

The production values are really good and the action was great to look at, but I probably shouldn't have watched it directly after 0080. That contrast isn't good. Also can't say I care too much for the leads of either side, and I question the strategic advantage of fighting over a debris field littered with space thunderstorms.

wonzo

Banned
ninja slayer 14-25

it feels like the inferno cop gimmick really hurt this absurdist & hyper stylish take on revenge serials. it's especially jarring when you have those really great one/two-parter introspective on some frivolous character. ep 25 in particular was just completely out of place as some best of compilation of things they didnt have the time to do.

at least, thats what i thought until…

Ninja Slayer 26 END

Every single thing comes together in one of the best episodes (if not the best) I've seen of anything this year, to the point where you could cram every single high point of something bombastic like OPM together and it still wouldn't hold a candle to just how engrossing this single episode was. If you're never going to watch Ninja Slayer then you at least owe yourself to watch this final episode.

Sayonara.

The Asterisk War 1-12 (i guess END until season 2)

I know people didn't like this series, but I thought it was better than the average anime of this type. Definitely WAY above something like absolute duo (which was fucking dumb).

I enjoyed it, will watch the second season.

I just really hope that the second cour actually has an ending.

I swear, at this point so long as an anime doesn't cause me pain I'll consider it an enjoyable experience :p

On to other series to catch up in :3

I liked it.

I liked a lot of stuff this season.

It didn't have to be a 9/10, top shelf anime for me to enjoy it or keep watching. So I found a number that were very fun and an enjoyable watch even if they had issues or problems.

The last episode of Ninja Slayer was awesome, its a shame you would have to go through the rest of the show to see it proper. There were parts I liked in Ninja Slayer but watching it week by week I mostly hated it, shit needed more focus

Gundam Thunderbolt: Episode 1

Jazz and Gundam. Superb animation and old school design. A haunting yet beautiful setting.The best Christmas present one could ask for.

Just T

When is the second season for the real Bahamut anime? Didn't that get announced a while ago or am I imagining things?
You're not imagining things, it did get announced. Last thing they said about it if I remember correctly is that Manaria Friends is not related to the second season.

So I've been watching Tatami Galaxy, because it's fucking rad.

Is it just me, or does every show that Masaaki Yuasa has worked on have a rad opening? Because Tatami Galaxy has an awesome opening.

I realize he probably has nothing to do with that, but damn, we need to take money and just push it towards Masaaki Yuasa.

Squishy3

So I don't know now that a PV for Berserk is coming out today but one is coming out at Comiket at least.

From the twitter account for the project:

Comiket information ②
[Teaser PV published! ]
Also at the NBC Universal booth (NO.451), we will publish a teaser PV that arrived from production site! Do not miss it! ! #berserk

Sölf

ninja slayer 14-25

it feels like the inferno cop gimmick really hurt this absurdist & hyper stylish take on revenge serials. it's especially jarring when you have those really great one/two-parter introspective on some frivolous character. ep 25 in particular was just completely out of place as some best of compilation of things they didnt have the time to do.

Ninja Slayer 26 END

Every single thing comes together in one of the best episodes (if not the best) I've seen of anything this year, to the point where you could cram every single high point of something bombastic like OPM together and it still wouldn't hold a candle to just how engrossing this single episode was. If you're never going to watch Ninja Slayer then you at least owe yourself to watch this final episode.

Sayonara.

I still don't understand how Trigger pulled this whole franchise off, but it was glorious. I am currently reading the manga (well, one of the three, the one without "kills" and "beautiful killer" in it), the dialogues are as ridiculous as in the anime, but holy shit the whole artstyle is serious as fuck. It's awesome beyons anything.

Trigger giev S2 please.

Qurupeke

ninja slayer 14-25

Ninja Slayer 26 END

Sayonara.

Some animes are good, some animes are bad, some animes are art. Ninja Slayer is all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom