• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Slayer is a show.

...I don't have anything else to say in regards to Ninja Slayer.

Okay, that's a lie.

Ninja Slayer is a show that is dumb, and how much you like how dumb it is will vary greatly. I liked Ninja Slayer, because it was dumb. Look at this.
tumblr_inline_nvkr9oUPc91r4qr2s_540.gif

tumblr_ntenukfeG51tx45yjo1_540.jpg

I+don+t+see+the+problem+here+_f2cf8608631da0aedd2a252d210346d5.jpg

It has all my stupid needs in one.

Jex

[Gundam Thunderbolt] - 1

This is almost everything I want from my UC Gundam stories:

- Great character designs
- Excellent production
- A tight focus on a small area of the conflict
- A battle between soldiers, rather than newtypes (so far)
- Excellent action with exciting cinematography (that POV Zaku sequence was outstanding)

Unfortunately, as soon as anyone spoke the whole thing fell apart. Characters were either exposing nonsense about themselves, each other, the conflict or romance. Nobody spoke or acted like a human being throughout and despite the grounded nature of the skirmish the characters were dripping with ridiculous melodrama.

javac

Kiki's Delivery Service - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Limited to 2000 Copies) Blu-ray
Release Date: 15th February 2016
Buy: £15.99 @ Zavvi
1hVtj3s.jpg

sA2UxnZ.jpg

Princess Mononoke - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Limited to 2000 Copies) Blu-ray
Release Date: 29th February 2016
Buy: £15.99 @ Zavvi (Orders Open Tomorrow)
74o1wUZ.jpg

bPYaGhz.jpg

Shounen Hollywood FIN

People have talked about how 2015 has lacked a TV anime on the level of, say, Ping Pong the Animation from 2014. Well, at least for me (I'm probably the only one here who has watched this all except for DTL anyway), this is the Ping Pong of 2015. It takes a standard genre people are used to seeing in anime, the idol genre, and infuses it with an unusual amount of character development, thematic richness, and artistic creativity. It is really a stunning achievement. Even if everyone else forgets about you, Shounen Hollywood, rest assured that you will live in my heart forever.

frOiWnj.jpg

Pooya

Thunderbolt was great, character designs are so good. The POV shot in the end, damn. Too bad it's only 4? episodes.

Saudades

[Gundam Thunderbolt] - 1
Unfortunately, as soon as anyone spoke the whole thing fell apart. Characters were either exposing nonsense about themselves, each other, the conflict or romance. Nobody spoke or acted like a human being throughout and despite the grounded nature of the skirmish the characters were dripping with ridiculous melodrama.
Yeah this was a problem with the manga as well. The fast pacing of the anime didn't help.
Couldn't care less about the Feddies here but I did get a bit interested in Daryl's story later

Thunderbolt was great, character designs are so good. The POV shot in the end, damn. Too bad it's only 4? episodes.
Nah it's better to keep it short and sweet. It's the best part of the manga anyway. Later I think they went a bit crazy with the
space buddhists

Rehost images or webms you get from 4chan, they don't last for long.
Yeah I know, but the webm is too big and long for hosts. It's just a PV anyway.

I forget that yesterday was only Christmas eve, so I want to wish every one here a Merry Christmas again. Me and my family started our celebrations yesterday, and they only end tonight. We are all super full and hungover still. But that won't stop us from going into round 2 today aha!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Merry Xmassssuuuuuuu...uugggguuuuu~~~

Shounen Hollywood FIN

People have talked about how 2015 has lacked a TV anime on the level of, say, Ping Pong the Animation from 2014. Well, at least for me (I'm probably the only one here who has watched this all except for DTL anyway), this is the Ping Pong of 2015. It takes a standard genre people are used to seeing in anime, the idol genre, and infuses it with an unusual amount of character development, thematic richness, and artistic creativity. It is really a stunning achievement. Even if everyone else forgets about you, Shounen Hollywood, rest assured that you will live in my heart forever.

frOiWnj.jpg
I do regret not watching this, but oh eternal backlog.

Super Lovers is going to be so good. Precious Ren. April hurry.

Ren Kaido: Junko Minagawa
Haru Kaido: Tomoaki Maeno
Shima Kaido: Takuma Terashima
Aki Kaido: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Jyuzen Kurosaki: Jun Fukushima
Ikuyoshi Sasaki: Ayumu Murase

tumblr_nzwnixWL1p1rfp5pbo1_r2_540.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V 86

Reria confirmed epic
who else can Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ summon in one turn and two of those in the battle phase even

I hope next duel wont be another Yuuya-oniichan is unfocused type of deal.

phaze

Shokugeki No Soma 15-16

I didn't expect to see Joichiro again so soon. I guess that Autumn elections are going to be a hell of an event. The new ED is so creepy and Erina focused too. I really hope Joichiro is not Erina's father...... I guess he isn't, as the Erina x Soma still holds, but I can't be sure.

When has that ever stopped anime.

Kyoukai no Kanata: I'll Be Here- Mirai-hen

I don't think I've subjected myself to such intensely brain corroding dose of stupidity since Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 ...

At least it was, as always, well directed and really pretty but holy hell, in the face of terribad script choices; the completely unnecessary amnesia plot, the melodrama turned to eleven (thousands) and a thousand other little things, this is not nearly enough to save it. I'm pretty sure they even managed to retcon their very own OVA ...

Also, what a lewd and shameless ending, what the hell were they thinking !

Qurupeke

When has that ever stopped anime.

Haha, that's exactly the reason this is scary. I mean, even the so popular SAO does something like that...

Shokugeki No Soma 19

Please, stop teasing Autumn elections so much. They sound huge, so I guess they'll mostly happen in S2 but I'm still hyped. The anime does a great job hyping them up... Anyway, a lot of set ups and many new characters. We got that super strong girl, that Erina obsessed girl and Akira, the spice man. All of them are interesting in their own way. Hisako vs Nao needs to happen, only one of them can be Erina's girfriend.
Hisako.
I just can't wait to see more of Alice and Hisako. They both look interesting and get so little screentime.

Ushio & Tora Episode 26 END

Once again another anime highlights that old series just should stay unanimated or passed over for newer stuff. It was really bland and unexciting the entire time. I stopped caring for the plot many episodes ago and things just never improved. In fact they worsened. Ugly characters, bland plot development, detrimental visuals dampened the mood, and very muted atrocious soundtrack worked to put this on a level lower than the lower 5% of the boys action genre. Avoid. 3/10.

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 26

This has been a very entertaining ride with some incredible stand-out moments (mainly the arc about the beast spear). The last 2 arcs were a bit on the weaker side of things, but still okay.

Hakumen no Mono is simply ridiculous and I can't wait for the final battle next season. I seriously have no idea how they could even survive a second against it if they fought now.

Also, Tora is the best thing about this show.

phaze

Fushigi na Somera chan 6-11

Not much to say about this but it was fun and much more consistent show than Hackadoll.

HackaDoll 1-12

I was on the verge of dropping this a few episodes in and I'm really glad I didn't. Some of these later parodies; the Shirobako, MMORPG (SAO ?) and Mahou Shoujo ones in particular had me in stitches and were probably the best comedic thing I've seen this year.

Kagewani 6-12
>discover traces of super powerful monster
>clone and recreate said monster
>?
>profit
lose scores of men and money

Dance With Devils END
CXFf0-PWYAIXQSt.png

Would have gone the Shiki route, fallen angel is the best boy.

Decent end, show enjoyment probably was based on how much one likes the one faced Rem the most
poor Lindo, he does so much for his sister and isn't chosen, I couldn't Ritsuka

Azuna best female character this season, this unsung hero deserves recognition.

7/10

Haikyuu S2 2

Not only did this episode have the manager talk reams more than she did all last season, but it introduced two new memorable female characters who each talked more than she did last season. Haikyuu expanding its horizons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom