• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackadoll 13 END
CXFiRxBWAAA5k-3.png
CXFiowAWEAE_LAa.png

Better action that action animelike ushio and tora. Great episode, Id read BoyfriendLife.

Kagewani 13

Not really a surprise where that ended up going, though
a surprise that the Kagewani hunter showed up again as an old woman
. Couldn't have asked for a better ending. I hope Takashima goes on to make more horror masterpieces.

Ascheroth

Fushigi no Somera-chan - 12 (END)

wtf lol

Kagewani - 13 (END)

Great show til the end. I loved the music, sound effects, creature design, animation and artstyle, atmosphere and even the overarching storyline.
Now what do I take out of my preliminary AOTY list to put this in...

Clov

A lot of good impressions of Kagewani I've been seeing. Might watch that after I finish Seraph and Osomatsu.

Is Hackadoll funny enough to be worth watching? Some people here seem to really like it, though it didn't strike me as remarkable when I first read about it.

DiGiKerot

Is Hackadoll funny enough to be worth watching? Some people here seem to really like it, though it didn't strike me as remarkable when I first read about it.

Maybe? I think how much you enjoy it probably depends a little on your personal predilections. I find it funny, but, then, I'd have probably watched it just because half the cast are members of WUG.

A lot of good impressions of Kagewani I've been seeing. Might watch that after I finish Seraph and Osomatsu.

Its has its moments, its just seven minutes so its not like much time is lost.

Qurupeke

Shokugeki No Soma 20

I liked that they showed off so many people in this episode, it's a shame that the actual tournament will involve only 8 though. Anyway, I'm curious on what Soma will try. I'm not a fan of this shounenish characteristic of him, especially since he didn't seem to be like that at the first few episodes. Alice still seems to have the best food ideas. Also, I think I'll try to decorate my room more like that, nothing could go wrong:

Shokugeki No Soma 21

I'm fucking dying here. SO. MANY. REACTIONS. This has to be my favourite episode so far, it had everything I like about the series. I'm also really happy that Soma didn't actually have troubles like the last time, and his food seems to has a secret that will probably beat Akira's dish. Tadokoro preparing the fish was also, pretty awesome. It's a shame, they make her seem useless. As I said before, she really seems to be capable, despite the show belittling her all the time. The most important part of the episode was certainly Hisako vs Nao. It was glorious. They delivered some of the best reactions to the food so far. I couldn't stop laughing when Hisako's food was so good that Nao was exorcised. Hisako is truly the best girl. A small detail, but I loved that they changed the ED to include good Nao to the last scene. lol If these characters got so high scores though, I wonder what the likes of Soma, Alice or Akira will get. I could totally see Akira getting 99 and Soma 100 actually. Anyway, Aldini brothers next. Isami is so smug right now, I hope he won't beat best brother Takumi, Takumi vs Soma needs to happen. I expect all of the 8 people to have 90+, meaning Hisako will be one of them.

I also liked the scene with that random Totsuki student(2nd picture), looking so important and even having a plate with his name and occupation, only to get a 33. lol

Theonik

Fushigi na Somera Chan 12 -FIN-
RIP

Fushigi na Somera chan 6-11
Not much to say about this but it was fun and much more consistent show than Hackadoll.

HackaDoll 1-12
I was on the verge of dropping this a few episodes in and I'm really glad I didn't. Some of these later parodies; the Shirobako, MMORPG (SAO ?) and Mahou Shoujo ones in particular had me in stitches and were probably the best comedic thing I've seen this year.

Kagewani 6-12
>discover traces of super powerful monster
>clone and recreate said monster
>?
>profit
lose scores of men and money
Yes, I was not completely sold on Hacka Doll at first but being short allows one to power through to the later episodes much easier, which are actually quite good.

Heavy Object Episode 12

My favorite gag in the whole world is the "I'M A LITTLE BUSY HERE !!!" while in a gunfight, so really Haivia's little small bit here was my funniest.

Looks like Qwenthur 'saved' the day on two fronts... Kinda? Sort da? Temporarily?

Qnzmke0l.jpg

That said, there are still hints of that mysterious 'Stealth Object' that's behind both these incident left unaddressed.

"When one from the Non-Magic World (human world) and another from the Magic World collide and join hands, they use fated magic to turn into the legendary Maho Girls Precure"
Non-magic world is called "nashi mahoukai", which is pretty literal, just thought I'd mention since it's kinda their own making.

"The phrase is "Cure up, rapapa~""
At least that's how I'd write it; romaji is "kyuappu-rapapa"

"The theme is "joining hands". From joining hands, to joining hearts, hope, and worlds."

"Riko came to Mirai's world in search of "something".
Furthermore, they seem to have matching pendants..."
"Linkle Stone Emerald" is the name of the pendants. Yes it's spelled the same as Linkle from Hyrule warrior

The first villain to show up is an ally of Dokurokushii (Not sure on how to romanize that so it's not in clunky hepburn), a dark mage know as Baddy. Using his dark magic, he creates "yokubaaru", at which point Mirai and Riko, with the help of Mofurun, join hands and say the magic words "Cure up, rapapa!" Their pendants glow and thus the Maho Girls Precure are born.

Translator already did a Zelda joke. Damn it.

Mirai is a second year middle schooler. She likes interesting and mysterious things. Upon becoming a precure, she transfers to magic school. She's Cure Miracle.

Riko is 13 (same as Mirai), and goes to magic school. Despite her studying, she's kind of bad at magic. However, she still wants to become a proper witch. She's Cure Magical.

Mofurun is a plush that Mirai received from her grandma when she was little. Mirai would take it with her everywhere. When she became a precure, special magic enabled him(?) to talk. Ends sentences with ~mofu.

Toei website, anon translation

Zach intensifies.

phaze

Hackadoll 13 END

Better than DBS.

I've no idea, which of the two this or Somera I prefer in the end but I enjoyed both enough to probably be able to stick them somewhere in my AotY list.

Edit: Wait, are shorts getting thrown in with the movies this year as well ?

Fushigi no Somera-chan 12 END

Comets are srs business.

Kagewani 13 END

But
granny, he already killed a nurse and a bunch of soldiers, I would say that qualifies as being possessed.

A competent production but I can't say I feel much more for it. Too many motw episodes were a miss for me. Wish it attempted to go for a more scary vibe too.

Kagewani 13 END

But
granny, he already killed a nurse and a bunch of soldiers, I would say that qualifies as being possessed.

A competent production but I can't say I feel much more for it. Too many motw episodes were a miss for me. Wish it attempted to go for a more scary vibe too.

Uh, horror anime doesn't get more scary, tension-filled, and atmospheric than Kagewani.

Heavy Object Three-Legged Mountain-Climbing Is Life-and-Death - The Artillery Battle in the Iguazu Mountains III

Havia and Qwenthur still make the best team. Best part probably them on com before the dam.

surprised Qwenthur got on Froylayta like that at the end ,

Ascheroth

Heavy Object - 12

Another fun episode. It seems like the mysterious Stealth Object is still somewhere in the shadows.
Qwenthurs plans are always so ridiculous (in a good way). He should just hope that the little princess doesn't learn how he saved Frolaythia or I can see a plasma cannon greeting him.

----
I was curious and checked how far along the source material we are and how much is left and holy hell is there a ton left.
The next arc is chapter 3 of 3 from the 2nd book (which started at episode 9). T There are 10 books out o_O

phaze

Uh, horror anime doesn't get more scary, tension-filled, and atmospheric than Kagewani.

Both seasons of Yami Shibai (yes second too) were multitudes better in this regard. Given the same director, I hoped for something more like that but I don't think it was even his aim here. At least for me, Kagewani didn't scratch the same itch.

Huh, there's no real episode Garo: Crimson Moon today...just a special where they talk about the series...

...this is the best Christmas present.

Wow, the remaining four episodes of God Eater will start airing March 5th. That's a half year delay. I can already barely remember where the series left off since it wasn't the most memorable stuff (and I even played the game).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the last part.

My guess is that the P3 protaganist doesn't pick up every single available girl, because that's my headcanon, making the movies non-canon for me.

Qurupeke

Shokugeki No Soma 22

The lineup of the first group wasn't really unexpected, other than Hisako. I didn't really expect her to be so good. Alice was obviously the winner. Takumi also beat his brother quite easily. I guess Megumi had to be the 4th person to pass, not that I'm against it. Soma's group looks more interesting now. I expect Soma, Akira, Ryo and then a surprise, maybe Ibusaki.

Shokugeki No Soma 23

Hey, that Marui guy actually managed to have a surprising dish. I really hope he'll take the 4th spot, but I have a feeling he won't. :( And lol at Akira making something that looks like a cupcake.

Shokugeki No Soma [END]

Ahahaha, Alice's superiority is confirmed, she beat Akira and Soma. :)))))))))))))

Anyway, the ending wasn't that satisfying. I guess they're leaving Soma vs Ryo and Soma vs Akira for the main tournament. From all the hyping up that Soma and Akira had, I really don't think they did thaaaat well. Also, who the hell took the 4th place? Marui?

Ready for S2 I guess. Certainly a very enjoyable anime, maybe a bit too shounenish, with many character tropes for my liking. I still liked it a lot and I certainly didn't expect a food anime to be so interesting(and inappropriate...). Also, for all this talk about Erina, she barely appears and she mostly does nothing. I expected her to be a lot more central to the plot.
I hope S2 has more Alice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria The Avvenire 1

EsI6kcq.png

So at least now I know what I can vote for in AOTY now. lol

Man, I don't even know what to even say about this episode. There are just so many emotions going through me right now. New posters might not know, but I'm very invested in Aria and consider it probably my favourite show of all time, let alone anime, so I'm just happy to come back to the world after leaving it for a few years.

It's all so familiar, from the Choro Club soundtrack, to using Undine as the OP, to how the episode itself just opens with Aria-sachou doing his same old shtick. It all feels like the show never really ended. But of course, while the familiar OP plays you can see things have changed since the final episode of Origination.

It's just strange how it disturbed my nostalgia - particularly in a season when we have a Star Wars sequel and a Rocky sequel that are both manipulating nostalgia for the sake of re-establishing franchises. And I admit to simply enjoying the manipulation, because I just don't want to be cynical about Aria or SatoJun's desire to make a few special episodes to commemorate the anniversary of the anime.

But admittedly, it does just that. Particularly when it answered the long-standing question I had about how they would include Athena in these sequels. Needless to say, they did so in perhaps the only way they could, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I actually got emotional when it happened because, in many ways, this episode serves as an homage to the memories of both Tomoko Kawakami and Eri Kawai and the contributions they made to Aria.

Feeling happy, nostalgic, melancholic and reflective all at the same time is not something I really expected to feel today... but I guess when it comes to Aria, that's the only way I can feel.

Perhaps the one criticism I would have, and this is perhaps reflective of where anime is now compared to in 2008, is that the use of CG is just so noticeable in a world where it was absent before. It's used fairly sparingly, but it's still there.

I'm looking forward to the next one of these in a month or so. Although there's a part of me that's selfish and wants these episodes to serve as a springboard for just a whole new season featuring the new girls. (I'm buying into the Star Wars shit, but just in a completely different context, I know. lol)

Haikyuu S2 4

It's great to see a production that's so on top of things, it can afford to have a standout solo key animation episode. Hideki Takahashi did an excellent job; not only was the episode up to the normal high polish of the show, but it had a lot of standout animation cuts, from smeary serving to crazy 2D driving. The storyboard had a lot of impact as well. I feel like Haikyuu has leveled up from the first to second season, and the first season was already strong.

I regret wasting so much of my time on Shokugeki no Soma when I could have been watching the good Jump adaptation of 2015 instead.

Both seasons of Yami Shibai (yes second too) were multitudes better in this regard. Given the same director, I hoped for something more like that but I don't think it was even his aim here. At least for me, Kagewani didn't scratch the same itch.

I haven't seen Yami Shibai, so I can't comment there. But as I said earlier, I think Takashima's atmospheric direction in Kagewani compares favorably with that of Hiroshi Nagahama in Mushishi and Flowers of Evil, which immediately puts it right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom