• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

AXOfvYQ.jpg
What was the general consensus for this? I absolutely loved Wolf Children.

Theonik

Magical Somera-chan 11-12

Good stuff. I think overall that Ai Mai Mi was stronger but I certainly wouldn't say no to more Imazaki Choboraunyopomi adaptations as they're fairly unique in the amount of creativity on display.
Yes as much as I enjoyed Somera, Ai Mai Mi was better. But they are quite different beasts.

The general consensus out of those who have seen it is that it's Hosoda's weakest film to date.
But is that bad?!

Mailbox

Chivalry of a Failed Knight 1- 12(END)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

If Asterisk is the embodiment of school tournament gary stu anime tropes done in a decent way, Chivalry is completely the opposite in that it makes you think it will go one way and just subverts expectations of what that kind of anime is.

Any time Chivalry goes a bit cringe-y (as in any time it uses tropes poorly), it immediately comes back with something that is at least interesting and at most artful and genuinely sweet. This might make it seem like i'm saying its imbalanced, which it might be slightly, but those good moments outweigh the bad moments by far.

The sakuga was really quite nice in the fight scenes :D

imo it starts off weaker than Asterisk (despite their first episodes being basically carbon copies of each other) in that it doesn't ease you into the world all that well, but after that it just gets better and better.

Its really refreshing to see a romantic sub-plot actually progress and give the viewer feedback. More anime should do something like this.

TALK ABOUT TONAL SHIFT IN EPISODE 11, JESUS.

But seriously, it just kept getting better and better as it went.
I can see why you guys want this to have a second season. I'd like one too :p

Chivalry of a Failed Knight 1- 12(END)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

If Asterisk is the embodiment of school tournament gary stu anime tropes done in a decent way, Chivalry is completely the opposite in that it makes you think it will go one way and just subverts expectations of what that kind of anime is.

Any time Chivalry goes a bit cringe-y (as in any time it uses tropes poorly), it immediately comes back with something that is at least interesting and at most artful and genuinely sweet. This might make it seem like i'm saying its imbalanced, which it might be slightly, but those good moments outweigh the bad moments by far.

The sakuga was really quite nice in the fight scenes :D

imo it starts off weaker than Asterisk (despite their first episodes being basically carbon copies of each other) in that it doesn't ease you into the world all that well, but after that it just gets better and better.

Its really refreshing to see a romantic sub-plot actually progress and give the viewer feedback. More anime should do something like this.

TALK ABOUT TONAL SHIFT IN EPISODE 11, JESUS.

But seriously, it just kept getting better and better as it went.
I can see why you guys want this to have a second season. I'd like one too :p

Yeah this was much better than Asterisk. Totally agree.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-set-list/2015-12-25/.96860

So Hope does a top 10 2015 OPs list. Just as my taste in anime my taste in anime is pretty damn different. I'd say only the Yamada one I even liked. Of course almost all of those were from shows I didn't watch/dropped.
list rating: no perfect insider out of ten.
also, this is eligible according to their poll...and has some really phenomenal color use/transition work.

"relying on studio wit's delicate and deliberate character animation"
??? ??? send help.

Haikyuu S2 5

The production continues to impress with how strong it is. The OP and ED are standard in concept, but they're executed so well that they help emphasize the proper emotional atmosphere and evoke excitement in the viewer. It's interesting that the first EDs of both seasons have been done by Production I.G. people you wouldn't normally expect to see on a sports show, Kenji Kamiyama (GitS SAC) in the first and now Naoyoshi Shiotani (Psychopass), and both times they've done better jobs than their recent directorial work. I remain impressed that Susumu Mitsunaka, who only directed Cuticle Detective Inaba before, has managed this production so well and drawn out the maximum power possible from the available talent.

But is that bad?!

Well, the direction and animation seem to be as good as they ever are with Hosoda's films, but, as usual for anime, the writing is where things fall apart.

Theonik

also, this is eligible according to their poll...and has some really phenomenal color use/transition work.

"relying on studio wit's delicate and deliberate character animation"
??? ??? send help.
This is mainly about songs I think.

Well, the direction and animation seem to be as good as they ever are with Hosoda's films, but, as usual for anime, the writing is where things fall apart.
I suppose it'd still be worth a look. Movies aren't so long that I'd be discouraged I guess.

I was more alluding to Hosoda's standard being very high so being the worst Hosoda film might still not actually be bad!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This is mainly about songs I think.
Even more of a reason to include that stuff. Also, if someone is listing their favorite anime songs of the year and JAM Project is in the top three they should reassess their anime life.

Even more of a reason to include that stuff. Also, if someone is listing their favorite anime songs of the year and JAM Project is in the top three they should reassess their anime life.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

JAM Project > Everybody else when it comes to anime. No other group captures the spirit of hype like they do.

Quasar

Well given the commentary, Hope did seem much more focused on the songs than the visuals of OPs. She did did comment on the Yurikuma visuals, but most of the commentary was about the songs.

Quasar

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

JAM Project > Everybody else when it comes to anime. No other group captures the spirit of hype like they do.

I don't even know if I've heard them before. But then I tend to favour more female, J-Popy OPs. There are some exceptions though, like with Noragami or Foodwars OP1.

True, probably not until summer. Someone mentioned there is plenty of source material for another season. I guess it's up to the LN sales if they got a big boost from S1 or not.

True, I'm not even sure whether or not it was popular in terms of viewers. I feel like Asterisk probably had more just because it already has a second season in line.

I don't even know if I've heard them before. But then I tend to favour more female, J-Popy OPs. There are some exceptions though, like with Noragami or Foodwars OP1.

huh?

Outside of the OPM OP which is actually the best thing ever, I can't remember anything standout from them at all

Looks like I need to whip out my list of awesome mecha AMVs again!

Though to be fair, some of my favourite stuff of theirs come mostly from Super Robot Wars games and mecha stuff, so there isn't that much of them when it comes to other anime stuff as far as I know, so I can understand that.

Quasar

True, I'm not even sure whether or not it was popular in terms of viewers. I feel like Asterisk probably had more just because it already has a second season in line.

Well as far as books go it seemed Failed Knight is doing better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovel..._japans_yearly_light_novel_rankings_for_2015/

Failed Knight is on the chart where as Asterisk isn't there at all.

There is a new Failed Knight volume just out. Curious to see if its getting any kind of bump.

http://myanimelist.net/news/43867542

So I watched the first volume of RWBY on Netflix and I really enjoyed that. The action set pieces are awesome. I'm sure its a lot easier to make dynamic action scenes in 3D than on 2D but even so, they were very well choreographed. I mean the VA and stuff was very amateur (everyones trying to out quirk one another) but overall I'm pleasantly surprised with this series. I'll watch the rest.

I wonder what Rooster Teeth can do with a proper budget.

Cornbread78

Baka to Test ep.10-12
Hilarious still. Class F finds some great ways to win these battles. The characters are all still fun and the tropes haven't grown old yet. Looks like we are getting a little character development as well. Yoshii's sister has a lil' bro complex, but it's hilarious as well. Good stuff.

Shouta

Well as far as books go it seemed Failed Knight is doing better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovel..._japans_yearly_light_novel_rankings_for_2015/

Failed Knight is on the chart where as Asterisk isn't there at all.

There is a new Failed Knight volume just out. Curious to see if its getting any kind of bump.

http://myanimelist.net/news/43867542

Asterisk has a second season and a game coming though. So either it's more popular than the LN sales lead on or the production committee came up with a very good and thorough plan.

It's probably a bit of both because you can definitely see how much effort was put into S1 in regards to consistency, world-building, etc. It wasn't a super exciting season but it was composed and written pretty well. It was pretty much the opposite of Rakudai which had a lot of solid individual moments but gotten messier as a product as the show went on.

I don't think Danmachi have enough material for a second season.

I remember us talking about it, I feel like someone said we were almost caught up with what's out so far, and that it's be a similar situation to SNAFU's (3 year wait or so). Maybe I'm getting my LN adaptations mixed up here

Fairy Tail 265

So that was the Tartaros arc.

And it was pretty okay. It begins and ends strong, but the middle drags a bit. Some fights are clever, some aren't. The art occasionally shines through the very minimal budget. Some of the added filler is appreciated, some of it isn't.

That said, and I hate to be this guy, you're probably just better off reading the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom