• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I don't know about that but he sure did spell out what I think of when I think of light novel garbage. I bet he is completely right about it too.

He has enough energy to have made 4 videos on the subject, that is an impressive amount of hatred.

Dynedom

Berserk is just a rip off of Claymore with less cute girls.

1436409438794.gif

Quasar

Locodols Christmas Special - Well that's fluffy all right. Nice that Crunchyroll simulcast it. makes me wonder how often anime makes Christmas specials like this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know about that but he sure did spell out what I think of when I think of light novel garbage. I bet he is completely right about it too.
Falling into an abyss of confirmation and selection bias to heavily scrutinize LN junk is obtuse in its own right. Dismissing the artstyle of Shinsekai yori before spending ten minutes whining about how familiar and unimaginative the designs in Asterisk are nets about as big of an ":^)" as you can get.

Instead of getting so worked up over poster art or whatever it would be more useful to identify the challenge presented by LN work. It's hard for the staff to get excited about the project. There's limited material when it comes to visually establishing a world and creating a scene. The target audience is people who might as well have their brains rotted out. Now look at how Light Novels work. A complex and vast world is often created to support the franchise's future, with obscured factions working towards unstated goals to establish long running continuity and open the door for as many different scenarios as possible. These are built to very slowly unwind in a way that makes people buy as many books as possible. Ultimately The Asterisk War winds up heading in a direction that faces towards robotics and the role automation can play in marginalizing humans, but the show moves so slowly that it never really presents this. So you're sort of just stuck banging around the basic building blocks for a long while, and of course that stuff is going to look super uninteresting.

People have a tendency to pick popular or easy targets as a means of tearing down LN content but their understanding of the material is so skewed that it all just becomes meaningless vitriol that seems like some weird attempt at chest puffing. And for as mad as this weenie gets at LNs and A-1 it sure seems fortunate that Studio Deen's Log Horizon is his second favorite show from last year.

ibyea

Banned
Falling into an abyss of confirmation and selection bias to heavily scrutinize LN junk is obtuse in its own right. Dismissing the artstyle of Shinsekai yori before spending ten minutes whining about how familiar and unimaginative the designs in Asterisk are nets about as big of an ":^)" as you can get.

Instead of getting so worked up over poster art or whatever it would be more useful to identify the challenge presented by LN work. It's hard for the staff to get excited about the project. There's limited material when it comes to visually establishing a world and creating a scene. The target audience is people who might as well have their brains rotted out. Now look at how Light Novels work. A complex and vast world is often created to support the franchise's future, with obscured factions working towards unstated goals to establish long running continuity and open the door for as many different scenarios as possible. These are built to very slowly unwind in a way that makes people buy as many books as possible. Ultimately The Asterisk War winds up heading in a direction that faces towards robotics and the role automation can play in marginalizing humans, but the show moves so slowly that it never really presents this. So you're sort of just stuck banging around the basic building blocks for a long while, and of course that stuff is going to look super uninteresting.

People have a tendency to pick popular or easy targets as a means of tearing down LN content but their understanding of the material is so skewed that it all just becomes meaningless vitriol that seems like some weird attempt at chest puffing. And for as mad as this weenie gets at LNs and A-1 it sure seems fortunate that Studio Deen's Log Horizon is his second favorite show from last year.

He isn't exactly tearing down LN content in general, because like you said, he likes Log Horizon, and he also likes Bakemonogatari, as he is tearing down this specific one he happened to watch, which is terrible in similar ways to other terrible LN content, which there happens to be enough in abundance that one might get sick of them after awhile. I mean they sort of blend together eventually. As for how you would do the analysis, it would be awesome, but I am guessing that what he is going for is more of a straightforward review of the show and what he thought of it as a viewer of the show, which is a fair viewpoint to take in my opinion. That said, he does put From The New World in the dismiss pile, which is a whole lot of WTH, and I don't know what his problem is with that studio in particular when I don't think they are the only ones guilty of putting out something generic..

Of all the anime I have watched, Future Diary is one of them.

Remember how Mur Mur was the main villain?

Remember how stupid that was?

TUSR

Banned
Yuki and Yuno ended up together in the end.

But somehow Yuki was waiting 10000 years and didn't need to charge his phone.

There's actually too many things wrong with the show to list.

Positives: Yuno

His phone was kept charged with love for Yuno?

Remember how this character was a load of fun?

14d9c88b2c869c801f6c5e7c2a93459255ccd4da_hq.gif

Remember how they killed him off in the limpest way imaginable?

Also why would god give a murderous psychopath the chance to replace him?
3644071_1427437991857.26res_500_281.jpg

Jintor

probably the only anime i would otherwise have dropped that i watched the completion cos it was part of a groupwatch

terrible experience, i don't recommend watching shows you know you'd otherwise drop. you don't get anything out of it unless you aim to create something and want to know what to avoid, and even then you spend too long doing analysis when some other poor sod out there on the internet will do it for you

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 2014 - 90

all the feeling
Grey X Juvia
Gray-gray-fullbuster-33698253-500-289.gif

now to see fairy tail zero , i wonder if they gonna do Tale of Fairy Tail: Ice Trail ( Grey's past )

i hate what they done with the anime version of tempesta's fight
in the manga
Grey is the one who defeat him after gajeel couldn't move , laxus wasn't even there

Mailbox

Has anyone every received brain damage from watching something so stupid?

What bliss it must be to think that is brain damaging-ly stupid.

lets just say i've seen lots of stupid shit

(to answer your question though, Upotte nearly gave me an aneurism)

Yeah. I really liked it too. And it didn't all line up with what I expected. I thought for sure the Bishamon plot would come back here.

Glad you mentioned the end credits bit, first time I watched it I just stopped not seeing it.

I used to be the same, but history has shown that I've missed key story parts from shows because of that bad habit. I now at least check how far in the video the credits are rolling, and if there is still around a minute left then I just fast forward a little bit to that part.

Theonik

huh?

Outside of the OPM OP which is actually the best thing ever, I can't remember anything standout from them at all
Obligatory

Boy and the Beast is quite bad, yes.

I mean, hmm, how to put it - I think the film fails so often on a structural level that I can't recommend it all. Some parts of it are very good indeed but the flaws in terms of the writing and the structure really ruined the movie for me.
Hmm... Perhaps I'll focus on other things instead.

Brain? What's that?
Brains Base.

phaze

Is there some proper term for this ora ora ora barrage of punches or similar action cuts that feature high speed movement shown with loads of repeated frames ?

The Suffering of Hazuki Katou: Redux

- Got saddled with Tuba
- The guy she likes rejects her cause he's into her friend
- Doesn't make the cut for the band competition.
- Gets on OVA where she has to relieve all of the above.

This is just cruel ...

Also finally, some Yuri in my Euphonium. All the more proof that Natsuki is the best character.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Boy and the Beast is quite bad, yes.

I mean, hmm, how to put it - I think the film fails so often on a structural level that I can't recommend it all. Some parts of it are very good indeed but the flaws in terms of the writing and the structure really ruined the movie for me.
Wow, rip.

duckroll

Wow, rip.

I keep hoping that Jex is just exaggerating and being a bitter old man. But I can't even watch it yet because this is the first Hosoda movie ever which hasn't opened here so long after the JP release. No idea wtf is going on. Distribution fuckery probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom