• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
Haikyuu S2 13

Height means nothing when going up against true skill, feels good seeing Karasuno owning with their new talents.

Gintamen

It is not a happy ending. Sorry to tell you that.
cpQPxFH.png
I should
stop starting anime based on title pics and ratings alone. ;(

Saving all that animation budged in ep 15. :E

Certainly it would be nice to see non YA novels adapted. But I'm not relly surprised, just as I'm unsurprised to see Hollywood deep mining YA fiction, which I expect to get worse as they chase the next Hunger Games.

Makes sense really if your audience is in large part YA.

That said...I would really like to see the second Eccentric Family novel adapted. Of course the second novel might be awful. Or hell adapt some more Josei for me to watch.

Yeah, I don't blame anime for trying to appeal to a young audience (although that doesn't excuse poor quality). But I'm glad to see series that go for something different, such as the upcoming Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and Joker Game.

Anyway, some research has shown that Mouryou no Hako is actually the second in a series of folklore-based mystery novels. The first in the series, The Summer of the Ubume, was translated into English by Alexander O. Smith and published by Vertical. Unfortunately it appears to be out of print, but thankfully interlibrary loan is an option. I'm really curious to read it.

tuffy

So having finished Golden Time, I believe it could've benefited from more Amnesia Ghost rather than less. I mean, he's still a fundamentally goofy idea, but at least he's some sort of antagonist character with a clearly-defined motivation. Otherwise, the back half of the show just sort of bounces around based on the whims of Banri's plot-specific amnesia until it finally settles on the happy ending dictated by the opening and ending sequences.

Gintamen

Its a badly written ending
Yeah it's sad that Arima doesn't end up with Watari. he

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - 15

I've accepted that
she will die as soon as she explained her soon depature during their first meeting in the hospital. She was so faded it out during this episode. :/
I wonder if it feld differently reading during the 11 volume spanning manga.

Kickz

Working!!! Ep11

This episode man, I just love how since this is coming to an end the author is giving no fucks and seemingly tying up every loose end lol. Anyways long time coming but Satou/Sanji finally tied it up with Todorokki

Puruzi

Banned
Working!!! Ep11

This episode man, I just love how since this is coming to an end the author is giving no fucks and seemingly tying up every loose end lol. Anyways long time coming but Satou/Sanji finally tied it up with Todorokki

rehost to imgur breh

Cornbread78

So having finished Golden Time, I believe it could've benefited from more Amnesia Ghost rather than less. I mean, he's still a fundamentally goofy idea, but at least he's some sort of antagonist character with a clearly-defined motivation. Otherwise, the back half of the show just sort of bounces around based on the whims of Banri's plot-specific amnesia until it finally settles on the happy ending dictated by the opening and ending sequences.

It's just a visualization of his thoughts and memories, which is why it never bothered me. It wasn't a real "ghost" gimmick as some see it as.

Great show. Great ending.

tuffy

It's just a visualization of his thoughts and memories, which is why it never bothered me. It wasn't a real "ghost" gimmick as some see it as.

Great show. Great ending.
But he has to be tangible in some way, otherwise how does Banri get the ring back after stupidly bouncing it off the bridge into the river? But in any case, I thought he worked well enough as a source of conflict and was surprised he didn't factor into the show more often on the back half.

[Re: Cutie Honey] - 01

Liked it, really fun. Left me thinking how the original must be really slow going through the motions.
I think I might have heard the OP before.
Na-chan is awesome.

javac

The fact that IIRC, you've had it on your shelf for months is already vexing enough. Now that you liked Ping-Pong there's just no excuse !
I'll get on it then! Ping Pong will be a high bar to reach :p
Ocean Waves

Rikako joins Linn Kaifun and Yuuma Kousaka in the pantheon of most infuriating anime characters ever.
I liked this film. Found it oddly serene and nostalgic, like the ocean waves themselves. Soundtrack is great too.

Theonik

[Re: Cutie Honey] - 01

Liked it, really fun. Left me thinking how the original must be really slow going through the motions.
I think I might have heard the OP before.
Na-chan is awesome.
It's a remix of the original OP. First episode is GAINAX and quite nice. Good Imaishi zaniness. Second episode is Toei, third is GAINAX again.

javac

Princess Kaguya
Absolutely beautiful in both aesthetic and story.

I might watch this tomorrow with my brother, or maybe I'll finally watch Cagliostro and The Wind Rises first and end on Kaguya, whichever way is fine by me. A good way to end the year :p

Theonik

[Re: Cutie Honey] - 02

The first episode had more energy than this one, I liked that more.
Toei can't really compete with Imaishi craziness. Episode 3 is back to GAINAX and Imaishi but is again toned down compared to episode 1. I think Toei was quite upset after episode 1 and asked GAINAX to tone it down.

Re-watching Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds I forgot how enjoyable this series really is. It's truly a different take on the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise with how dark the tone and storytelling is compared to other series in the franchise.

So good.

Man, it's probably a mean thing to say, but I wish Bones could just skip the second season of Snow White, and give us the rest of Concrete Revolutio next season.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 37

Oh my Gooooooooood this show has gotten so amazing in the past four episodes.

Great episode, but the part near the end when Anthy and Utena are talking while drinking tea and eating cookies kind of short circuited my brain. They are just talking about the future and suddenly without skipping a beat or changing the tone of their voice they just drop a bomb on each other. "I poisoned those cookies." "Yeah, well I poisoned your tea." I am 100% certain I did one of these

baDWqUX.gif

and started paying fucking attention. That scene with the odd replaying and the radio skipping and the following scene where Anthy attempts suicide I rewatched like four times just thinking "What the FUCK is going on?" and I still don't know but wow, what an amazing scene. I'm unsure that any of that even happened, but I think from the ending of the episode it is pretty clear that it did, though.

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid 12 END

So Valkyrie Drive was a thing that happened and it was really trashy. The most notable thing about it is probably that it aired uncensored and some characters had inverted nipples if that tells you anything. Now everyone knows I enjoy trashy shows quite often but there is a really mysterious formula to what makes trashy shows work, and I guess thats if the trashy and entertaining parts outweigh the trashy and bad parts. The main pair is weak (literally anyone else would have made better protagonists *cough* Lady Lady *cough*) and the show is dragged down by too much self serious SOLDIER drama and not enough dumb bullshit. The episodic stuff was a lot better. Yes, I'm talking about the episode when the girl grows to massive sizes because that episode was actually pretty funny. Also, the last episode was just hentai at one point. I won't go into detail but it involved flesh pits and tentacles.

So why did I watch the show to the end? Easy -

e054060fa4823a9b2bdd49b573657c861435681297_full.png

It really is surprising I never watched Saekano

Don't judge me. I have watched way worse shows for characters with way less screentime.

Narag

Man, it's probably a mean thing to say, but I wish Bones could just skip the second season of Snow White, and give us the rest of Concrete Revolutio next season.

I'm not sure why you'd want to rush any production after Kekkai Sensen and God Eater this year.

I wouldn't like that at all!

Search your heart fellow posters, Snow White will get a BONES ending.

A BONES ending to surpass all those before!

I'm not sure why you'd want to rush any production after Kekkai Sensen and God Eater this year.

Eh fair enough. That said, I don't think Concrete Revolutio isn't a particularly demanding production wise. It's not nearly close to shows like Kekkai Sensen or God Eater in terms of animation.

Probably, but Snow White is also really dull and flat, a super sweet romance without any interesting conflict or tension.

That's what makes the series good though. It doesn't contain all that unnecessary drama crap that dumb down characters from most Shoujo. Like every conflict in most Shoujo's can be solved without the pointless drama used which irritates me. In Snow White it solves the conflict without adding pointless drama.

The series by far provides comfy sol. You may find that boring but I find it as a plus because it steers away from the overdramatic nonsense.

That's what makes the series good though. It doesn't contain all that unnecessary drama crap that dumb down characters from most Shoujo. Like every conflict in most Shoujo's can be solved without the pointless drama used which irritates me. In Snow White it solves the conflict without adding pointless drama.

The series by far provides comfy sol. You may find that boring but I find it as a plus because it steers away from the overdramatic nonsense.

You're making a false dichotomy here. There's a middle ground between the overly dramatic and the dull that good romance stories tread.

Fafner Dead Aggressor Exodus 26

Yep....that was an appropriate quality level for a finale paired with 25---hopefully they continue to do more if for no other reason than an excuse to leverage and remind folks about the awesome music...room is definitely there narrative wise for further romps with yet another liberal application of time skipping same as what kicked this off in the first place. Likely would've been better had I marathoned it all from the first Fafner anime outings period as it was quite some years ago---but even just going off The Old Feels it was top class fare. Also as per 25: Please apply yourselves SRW Team---there's PLENTY to work with in 26 well beyond pretty well all other contemporary series of late as well!~

Hopefully said timeskip years for plot happenings aren't damn near mirrored in the real world this time around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom