• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeoGAF.

We all know or remember it airing, but its hard to imagine that it aired this year, and with how early they aired, its easy to not be as smitten with them as later entries.

Its easy to overlook early year entries.
Hell, all throughout the year people kept saying how much this year sucked even though we had good anime airing. People just can't retain when something airs too well, i guess.

Are you really using Arslan Senki as proof that the year was good? People haven't forgotten the show, it was just mediocre at best.

Mailbox

Are you really using Arslan Senki as proof that the year was good? People haven't forgotten the show, it was just mediocre at best.

Don't know where you got that. (Haven't watched it myself :p )

I was just saying that some good stuff aired early in winter, some decent stuff in spring, some surprisingly entertaining stuff in summer, and fall has been slightly interesting if nothing else.

This wasn't a bad year by any means.

NeoGAF.

We all know or remember it airing, but its hard to imagine that it aired this year, and with how early they aired, its easy to not be as smitten with them as later entries.

Its easy to overlook early year entries.
Hell, all throughout the year people kept saying how much this year sucked even though we had good anime airing. People just can't retain when something airs too well, i guess.

I dont think people are that forgetful of anime that debuted in January, no way have people forgot

Tokyo Ghoul Root A
Assassination Classroom
JJBA Stardust Crusaders
DRRR
Kurobas 3
A/Z s2
Death Parade

Mailbox

I dont think people are that forgetful of anime that debutted in January, no way have people forgot

Tokyo Ghoul Root A
Assassination Classroom
JJBA Stardust Crusaders
DRRR
Kurobas 3
A/Z s2

I forgot most of those aired this year ._.
But people have definitely forgotten stuff.

Edit: Maybe I just have a horrible time to event memory :p

...I'm pretty certain most people wish they could forget Tokyo Ghoul √A...

If it was up to me though, every anime discussion thread would start out with a warning about Aldnoah.Zero, and what a giant waste of time it is.

We could help so many people that way.

Mailbox

Hopefully people won't forget to vote for Non Non Biyori Repeat. :p

FUCK! There really is a lot I want to vote for this year :S
Non Non Byori Repeat was ace!

DTL lives in his own little world, just remember that.

Yeah... I should have learned as much after I watched diabolik lovers...

I only watched the first 2 episodes (i intent to finish it... as i tend to with bad anime), and I agree. Its like the second season of Chunibyo. Basically unneeded (though for different reasons) and retroactively creates a distaste for the whole series :(

John Blade

series_16689.jpg

Well... I finish watching The Silver Wing just now and a very quick impression come down to very entertaining show but feel disappointed in the story, plot, and certain character in the show. Not saying the show is terrible as it isn't really but the whole plot of the show feel cheap a bit when you start to analyze it (this is more into the peace of the world side which get stupid when you realize how it will end).

As for the character development, they're okay for the most part but I am not fond with the main character of the show, mostly at Fan. She act childish which make sense of how old she is but this get very annoying in serious situation. In a way, this personality make me feel annoyed when she is in the scene a bit or start talking. As for her side partner (Giselle), she remind me more of Lavie in the 1st show as both have the same issue they have to dealt to during the show (which isn't a bad thing). She is a quiet girl who is actually smart but never show this off.

Also, majority of old character in the 1st show come back but more in the end when they come together to fight for the final battle. This isn't too bad but at the same time, certain thing you found out which annoyed me a bit. For one, Dio is back from the death. Didn't explain how he survive from the incident in the 1st show which confuse me. He is okay in this show and do less odd thing in this show. Another one which is a downer is Claus is paralyzed (what?) and in a wheel chair. No reason of how he become what he was and really tick me off when I saw him for the 1st time.

I guess the best part of the show is mostly come down to the battle scene which is still look fine. I guess if you love the 1st show for the battle scene, you won't get disappointed here as you will get quite a bit. The final battle scene is fun to watch even though it feel rush as you're watching it.

Another thing I notice when I watching this show is how many similarity of ideas or plot is been use from the 1st show into this. In a way, it kinda feel like you're re watching the 1st show again in repeat as similarity situation have come up before.

In a way, they're quite few more issue I have with this show and one of the bigger one is this show doesn't have the same feeling I have when watching Last Exile. It feel like this show is kinda a cheap cash in from the developer then making a sequel as nothing you like from the show is here. This is why I feel disappointed when I continue watching it. I guess if you like the battle scene in Last Exile, then you might like that part of this show but for the rest who want to see an unique storyline/plot, you will leave very disappointed and wish they don't make this sequel at all.

Overall, it's really an average show which you won't miss if you don't watch it. If you're a fan of Last Exile, I think it's better if you pass this as you will regret it. If you really want to watch it, go watch but keep your expectation down quite a bit. For non fans or people who want to watch another anime, skip this all together and watch Last Exile. It's more better in so many ways than this.

If it was up to me though, every anime discussion thread would start out with a warning about Aldnoah.Zero, and what a giant waste of time it is.

We could help so many people that way.

That's what happens when a self boasting Director like Morita happens to skip like 95% of a draft written by the author himself.

Hell the draft itself for Tokyo Ghoul Root A was pretty darn good the problem was most of the story elements were thrown away for something half assed.

I mean the guy should just stick to directing Movies.

tuffy

Also, majority of old character in the 1st show come back but more in the end when they come together to fight for the final battle. This isn't too bad but at the same time, certain thing you found out which annoyed me a bit. For one, Dio is back from the death. Didn't explain how he survive from the incident in the 1st show which confuse me. He is okay in this show and do less odd thing in this show. Another one which is a downer is Claus is paralyzed (what?) and in a wheel chair. No reason of how he become what he was and really tick me off when I saw him for the 1st time.
In the original series, we see Dio and his Vanship thrown out of frame. But then his voice is heard again later in the engine room, so the assumption is that he must've caught his Vanship in midair somehow and survived. There's even some DVD art of him getting a happy reunion with the rest of the crew. So that part at least has some establishment in the original series. But I couldn't remember where Claus' surprise disability came from.

That said, I agree that FAM's a decent enough watch but doesn't really add anything. It all ends up feeling unnecessary.

Any discussion on AOTY rules this year? I feel like we should have a minimum number per list. Otherwise, we're gonna get a lot of "I don't like anime, but One Punch Man is great!" posts.

Tuck

Kuroko no Basket - 75.5 (OVA)
This was an awesome victory lap. Just got all the characters together and ran with it. Nice way to say goodbye to this awesome cast.

Concrete Revolution S1 is done eh? Ill probably start from the beginning then. Watching it week by week was rough, I kept forgetting what was going on.

Narag

Any discussion on AOTY rules this year? I feel like we should have a minimum number per list. Otherwise, we're gonna get a lot of "I don't like anime, but One Punch Man is great!" posts.

People said the same thing about Space Dandy last year but it wasn't that big of a problem.

Was planning on watching the anime I missed yesterday and today after a day of work, ended up in the ER with my mother. Shit came out of nowhere. I'm tired.

TUSR

Banned
well if you force people to add a minimum number of shows, it could just end up being whatever else they saw coming in 2-5

just let people list however many they want

if a person only watched OPM and theyre not into anime, you cant invalidate their vote

etc etc

Cornbread78

well if you force people to add a minimum number of shows, it could just end up being whatever else they saw coming in 2-5

just let people list however many they want

if a person only watched OPM and theyre not into anime, you cant invalidate their vote

etc etc

Stop playing PC police/ nice man act. This is serious business here.

I say, we just kick OPM out and give it it's on worship thread (I know, the 60 page community thread isn't enough, lol)

Let's do this, I'l start getting signatures now...

#noAOTYforOPM

or

#FUCKOPM

WHO'S WITH ME!?

duckroll

People said the same thing about Space Dandy last year but it wasn't that big of a problem.

People said the same thing about Kill la Kill too. The only difference this year is that I feel there really isn't a strong standout show to champion for against a popular vote so to speak. So if the popular vote wins, so be it. It's been a weak year.

Stop playing PC police/ nice man act. This is serious business here.

I say, we just kick OPM out and give it it's on worship thread (I know, the 60 page community thread isn't enough, lol)

Let's do this, I'l start getting signatures now...

#noAOTYforOPM

or

#FUCKOPM

WHO'S WITH ME!?

nah its gonna win. sorry.

Cornbread78

People said the same thing about Kill la Kill too. The only difference this year is that I feel there really isn't a strong standout show to champion for against a popular vote so to speak. So if the popular vote wins, so be it. It's been a weak year.

It needs competition or a handicap at least.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's 2015's fault for being a weak year, not OPM's fault for having universal appeal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It needs competition or a handicap at least.

DTL is right about this at the very least, OPM got a nice dice roll by landing in the fall and thus it is fresh in the mind as opposed to say Shirobako or Sound Euphonium which have been out of the limelight.

MartyStu

Do I need to watch the previous season(s) to enjoy the following from this year:

Noragami Aragoto
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Owarimonogatari

Also, are these even worth watching?

Moaradin

Do I need to watch the previous season(s) to enjoy the following from this year:

Noragami Aragoto
Owarimonogatari

Noragami and Owarimonogatari are direct sequels so yes. Gundam is complete standalone. All of them are probably worth watching.

Just T

Noragami Aragoto
Owarimonogatari

Yes to Noragami Aragoto and Owarimonogatari. Both are worth watching in my opinion, though it might take a while to catch up on Monogatari.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Glitter force is going to pull a yamato, I can feel it.

So with discussion about AOTY lists happening now, I'm curious: What's one show from 2015 you thought was overlooked and should be considered in one's AOTY listing? I get the feeling there were a handful of small clique's around shows that sprung up this year that didn't get a whole lot of conversation in here.

Fafner: Exodus. A mecha with Hirai character designs, CG mechs, and required viewing of the original 2004 series, prequel OVA, and 2010 movie.

So yeah, there's a lot of reasons people would have skipped over it.

MartyStu

Thanks guys.

One last question:

I know that Bahamut sort of fell apart near the end, but is there any chance that we might get another season?

duckroll

Thanks guys.

One last question:

I know that Bahamut sort of fell apart near the end, but is there any chance that we might get another season?

They already confirmed there would be a second season. But there are no details announced. And no, this is separate from the OTHER Bahamut high school lesbian (?) spin-off anime which is coming out soon, which I think fans of the Bahamut anime will actually want to avoid. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom