• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

I'm having trouble deciding what to watch next so I'll just see what Narag put me down for the backlog list next year. I think he's surprised I actually finished all of Gintama so I half expect him to put me down for something even more ridiculous

Complete your Ikuhara adventure by watching Mawaru Penguindrum ! (if you haven't yet)

Also Shigurui, it's like Berserk x Vagabond ! But actually
good and
finished !

Russ T

Banned
What is "the backlog list", did I miss something?

I only have one day left at my parents' and then I can go back home and catch up on my anime. I'm excited!!!

Boruto the Movie

I feel that the "watch it on sakugabooru" joke was never as apt as it is here. Beyond the first 2 minutes and the end game fights, you're subjected to an hour of Kishi's wallowing of how he has sacrificed his life for his work at the price of his family and what a terrible brat and an idiot his son is to not be able to understand that. I wonder how that movie was received in the family ... The poorly cooked up family drama at the display here was thoroughly underwhelming, Boruto's arc was transparent and predictable and his inclusion in the final fight just laughable, if you were to take seriously the power levels. Of course, of course ! everything is yet again resolved by a rasengan to the villain's face. So like in ... like in every Naruto movie ever...

The one good thing about the story might be the explanation for the purpose of manga spoilers
Kaguya's army and the demise of goddamn aliens that Kishi inserted into his story in the last fucking moment precisely to rake in cash from this travesty of a movie.

Still better than the Last.

Ha ha, funny to read this coming from a Naruto fan. As a non-Naruto fan who hasn't watched any Naruto anime before watching Boruto, I found Boruto surprisingly enjoyable. There's fanservice I don't get and the main villain plotline is a throwaway excuse to have big fights, but the plot thread of Boruto's relationship with Naruto, where both of them realize that they were being unfair to the other (you really misjudge the film if you think it's a total apologetic for Naruto's abandonment of his son), I found surprisingly heartfelt and effective. And of course, the setpiece scenes were incredible. I have no hesitation in recommending Boruto to non-Naruto fans such as myself. It's certainly better in that regard than One Piece Film Z, which even with the good animation relies so heavily on fanservice that it is worthless to those such as myself who have not followed the manga.

It took me until I had no options in a late night cartoon channel in my hotel in Spain before I watched Doraemon.

Somebody want to explain to me why the mc is friend with the other two guys who like bully him lol.

Complete your Ikuhara adventure by watching Mawaru Penguindrum ! (if you haven't yet)

Also Shigurui, it's like Berserk x Vagabond ! But actually
good and
finished !

Well, not really finished. It's a decent break point but it's apparent not all of the story is told by then.

Monster Musume was surprisingly edible given the contents of the source material. Whoever did the adaptation, (Yatterman staff ?) did a good job.

Boruto the Movie

I feel that the "watch it on sakugabooru" joke was never as apt as it is here. Beyond the first 2 minutes and the end game fights, you're subjected to an hour of Kishi's wallowing of how he has sacrificed his life for his work at the price of his family and what a terrible brat and an idiot his son is to not be able to understand that. I wonder how that movie was received in the family ... The poorly cooked up family drama at the display here was thoroughly underwhelming, Boruto's arc was transparent and predictable and his inclusion in the final fight just laughable, if you were to take seriously the power levels. Of course, of course ! everything is yet again resolved by a rasengan to the villain's face. So like in ... like in every Naruto movie ever...

The one good thing about the story might be the explanation for the purpose of manga spoilers
Kaguya's army and the demise of goddamn aliens that Kishi inserted into his story in the last fucking moment precisely to rake in cash from this travesty of a movie.

Still better than the Last.

Was worth is for the sakuga

tumblr_o02s9s1A8f1ub2z4po3_540.gif

Kishi's son must be feeling like shit now xD

TUSR

Banned
before I anime'd I actually thought kokoro connect was made by kyoani

turns out they made all those mana sharing shows

Tuck

I completely forgot about Ushio to Tora, I have like 20 episodes to catch up on!

Did the show turn shitty? I enjoyed the first 9 episodes, dunno why I fell out of it. But I barely see anyone talk about it.

Also want to finish Concrete Revolutio.

Was worth is for the sakuga

Kishi's son must be feeling like shit now xD

I am very impressed by this 1 second long clip.

I completely forgot about Ushio to Tora, I have like 20 episodes to catch up on!

Did the show turn shitty? I enjoyed the first 9 episodes, dunno why I fell out of it. But I barely see anyone talk about it.

Also want to finish Concrete Revolutio.

Ushio and Tora is still a typical 90s shonen so if you like that you'll still like it

It also has good faces

before I anime'd I actually thought kokoro connect was made by kyoani

turns out they made all those mana sharing shows

The LN character designs for Kokoro Connect were done by Yukiko Horiguchi who used to(?) work at KyoAni, doing character designs for Lucky Star, K-ON, and Tamako Market.

I am very impressed by this 1 second long clip.

That's the worst fight in the movie by far. The 2 extended setpieces, one about two-thirds of the way through and one at the end, will blow your eyes away.

Grimgar isn't really Shigatsu staff, but the same bunch of people Ryosuke Nakamura brings around to all his projects, from his Madhouse days to Nerawareta Gakuen at Sunrise to Aiura at Liden and now Grimgar at A-1.

Well you can say both, Shigatsu and Girmgar both have "key animator" position, and the one in charge this position is also the one in charge Shigatsu.
Of course, Art Director is from the one did Moryo no Hako and Aoi Bungaku Series, which is one of person always with Nakamura.

So while i don't know about how will the adaption, i'm hope it will at least looks visually good.

Eh, thats the best fight scene in the movie.

No way. The animation itself is fine, but the storyboarding is really awful, the worst kind of shaky-cam direction that makes it impossible to see anything. It stood out especially poorly after the very clear and logical storyboarding of Ghost in the Shell: New Movie. After that opening scene I worried that the movie would be a complete waste of time and money. Fortunately it was not.

Even if the storyboarding had been better, the opening scene is drab and small compared to the colorful fireworks that happen later.

...Hmm, finished From the New World, and Tatami Galaxy...

What to watch? I literally have nothing lined up.

If you're really just looking for random stuff, take a look at my MAL list. Anything I've rated 7 and above is something I would readily recommend.

Death Parade 2-10

Gotta say the judgment focused eps are really the best. Watching people gradually break down as their memories return is really fascinating. Not to say the few background episodes are even bad or boring. It's all interesting stuff. Curious if they actually do plan to change the process and how, given that it may not be exactly fair and accurate to judge someone's soul under the most extreme of conditions as was pointed out by both main characters.

TUSR

Banned
i started to watch Ninja Slayer again

picked up where i left off around episode 11 or 12

after alternating episodes of nancy being tied up and hearing chiwa moaning only to be followed up by an extended scene of her screaming

i began questioning my priorities in life and just went to bed

JulianImp

raku has to end up with chitoge

right?

Ah, Nisekoi... all that "will they or won't they?" crap being repeated ad nauseam and conveniently interrupted with slapstick comedy every single time got boring fast.

While I can stand shows with negative continuity, working so hard to actually avoid plot development is a big no for me. It's a harem show with no fantastic elements, no character development (other than every single girl except for Onodera's friend slowly falling for Raku), and not even fanservice to try and make it as one of its selling points. All that's left is a normal harem that does nothing interesting at all and is absolutely bland as a result. All it has going for it is Shaft and their trademark weird backgrounds every now and then, but that isn't nearly enough to redeem Nisekoi in my eyes.

No way. The animation itself is fine, but the storyboarding is really awful, the worst kind of shaky-cam direction that makes it impossible to see anything. It stood out especially poorly after the very clear and logical storyboarding of Ghost in the Shell: New Movie. After that opening scene I worried that the movie would be a complete waste of time and money. Fortunately it was not.

Even if the storyboarding had been better, the opening scene is drab and small compared to the colorful fireworks that happen later.

If you're really just looking for random stuff, take a look at my MAL list. Anything I've rated 7 and above is something I would readily recommend.

I guess different tastes then. I much preferred the more visceral feel of that fight than the consequent ones, though I will admit the speed at which it takes place makes it hard to comprehend what exactly happened at times (though the same can be said with the final fight).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom