• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Hibike! Euphonium 6-7
ygik6Jt.png
ZTywZEe.png
6mPvkkm.png

I didn't like these episodes so much, they were a bit slow but the pace is still mostly good. There wasn't much drama before and they added quite a lot, with characters other than the main ones to boot but at least it got solved fast.We finally got an insight on the thing about second-third graders and Aoi had her conclusion as a character, I guess. I like that the newcomers aka the main characters aren't the important "players" in the band. It keeps being realistic and I love it.

I didn't manage to take enough Kumiko pictures though, there wasn't enough good reactions or they were distant. At least next arc seems interesting:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Young Black Jack but we'll represent him with the Joker card for some reason instead - END

[img]screenshotican'tbebotheredtotake.jpg[/img]

So with the credits to this show they liked to show the portraits of characters that have appeared in the last couple of episodes and the upcoming ones and thus the portraits were updated as we progressed through the series. On this final occasion, instead of say ending with all the characters we have seen, they instead showed a bunch of completely new characters. Are they hoping for a second series and thus teasing the stories ahead? That's all well and good, it's nice to have a dream no matter how improbable it is, but why did the show then end on literally the final note possible? The end of all book ends? The singing fat lady? It literally goes 'And thus he grows up and becomes Black Jack', leading the way for the adult stories. You can't turn around after that and have more stories about him being young, you've just said the next step is him growing up. That's just weird, like when you say goodbye to someone and then realise they are about to head off in the same direction as you so you decide to hang back a bit. Stick with the ending or lead up to a second series. Don't do both.

I can't believe this was hyped to be show of the season by you lot.

Young Black Jack but we'll represent him with the Joker card for some reason instead - END

I can't believe this was hyped to be show of the season by you lot.

Who was doing that? Oh yeah, AquaWateria. Well, you know.

But speaking of joker cards, everyone should be keeping an eye on Joker Game in April!

Young Black Jack is how not to do a spinoff. It should have gone the chuugakkou route and taken place in such a setting. How odd that the animes best and most memorable story took place in a medical university.

Hyouka - 22 END

And done. Well, I'm not sure what I can say about this show that everyone else hasn't already said, so I'll keep it short.

The show was definitely at its best when its focus was just on Oreki and Chitanda and it pretty much came full circle in this episode with Oreki being unable to take his eyes off Chitanda in the dress. The final scene of this episode with the wonderful lighting and animation was beautiful.

I'm glad I made this watchbet, as this is something I probably wouldn't have watched otherwise. Slice of life shows are generally often not my thing, so seeing this stuff was a welcome surprise.

I can't say this is now one of my favourites, but I definitely understand why it's so revered here. Good show.

TUSR

Banned
Hyouka - 22 END

And done. Well, I'm not sure what I can say about this show that everyone else hasn't already said, so I'll keep it short.

The show was definitely at its best when its focus was just on Oreki and Chitanda and it pretty much came full circle in this episode with Oreki being unable to take his eyes off Chitanda in the dress. The final scene of this episode with the wonderful lighting and animation was beautiful.

I'm glad I made this watchbet, as this is something I probably wouldn't have watched otherwise. Slice of life shows are generally often not my thing, so seeing this stuff was a welcome surprise.

I can't say this is now one of my favourites, but I definitely understand why it's so revered here. Good show.

QVmyc28.gif

Chindogg

Utawarerumono ep.12
Hilarious. One of the best episodes yet with its Haku madness. Looks like he has himself a harem now, with two actual servers to take care of his needs, lol. I can't wait for next season to start now.

Has that show moved forward at all story-wise or did it also fall in the slice of life trap? I kinda gave up after a few episodes.

Hyouka - 22 END

Thanks for completing it! And thanks for the Jojo watchbet that I already completed a while ago. But I've been stuck in place with Steins;Gate. I promise to get through it this week since I have time.

And I am so glad you liked it! Chitanda is the best! Hope you enjoy Chihiyafuru and Your Lie in April just as much!

Has that show moved forward at all story-wise or did it also fall in the slice of life trap? I kinda gave up after a few episodes.

It's basically character introductions, world building, and exposition up until the last two episodes where we start to see that Haku can actually fight and we start getting to the point of the show. There is a clear goal now, so hopefully we'll see a marked improvement.

And I am so glad you liked it! Chitanda is the best! Hope you enjoy Chihiyafuru and Your Lie in April just as much!

I hope so as well. I'm thinking of starting both this week and just going with whatever floats my boat before I really take on the other.

Hope you enjoy Steins;Gate and Evangelion when you get to it! :)

Cornbread78

As was said, it finally moved forward in the last couple episodes and both were pretty good.

Pretty sure it's an actual recommendation of a show that's good, as opposed to a show that's "good".

Oh, good. I can move it up my list a little then.

Heavy Object ep.12
Finally all caught up on the shows I missed last week. Excellent episode that carries on the shows McGyver style problem solving, Quenthar/Havia being awesome and funny as well as their tepid sexual exploits for comedic purpose. Show was my sleeper hit of the season and was a lot of fun when you don't try to take it seriously.

pbayne

I'm watching it , and i like it. The show is a bit slower than the previous version, and the first 12 episodes were mostly SOL with some action, but looks like the next episode the big battles start.
Also the show was on pause and will continue this weekend, so people didn't talk about it.

Fair enough. I dropped Utawarerumono about 5 or 6 episodes in when it was just introduce new harem girl every week.

And the show does drop a few interesting bits of lore or characters allude to things off-screen but that encompasses about one minute of run-time every week. The rest was pointless, humorless dialogue and fanservice to me.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Just caught the ending of OPM. Pretty amazing stuff, but I really liked the ending. It was 100% troll ending. Great way for the series to end, honestly. Hopefully not for good, but we'll see!

Cornbread78

Kemonozume ep.2
This show is super dark in tone and aesthetic. As with almost all anine, the "childhood friend" gets put aside completely and this new hottie already
gets a ring
from him. What a way to have a family dinner for the first time as well. I guess he's done with demon hunting for good, lol. They are certainly going places with the show, lol.

Phatmac

Haven't been on here lately thanks to me finally playing Destiny. I should finish up the red hair girl show before the next cour starts soon.

Kemonozume ep.2
This show is super dark in tone and aesthetic. As with almost all anine, the "childhood friend" gets put aside completely and this new hottie already
gets a ring
from him. What a way to have a family dinner for the first time as well. I guess he's done with demon hunting for good, lol. They are certainly going places with the show, lol.

Kemonozume, much like everything by that director, is fucking excellent. For such a "serious" show it sure is funnier than all get out.

e_i

Owarigatari episodes 1-6

"If you choose me, I'll let you touch my boobs,"
"Nobody stabs him with stationary except me."
And
Hitagi fucking decks a girl.

duckroll

My picks for favorite OP/EDs this year goes to Death Parade and Gatchaman Crowds Insight for OP, and Kekkai Sensen and Haikyu S2 for ED.

Cornbread78

Hey, Kiritobread, you'll glad to hear that people are recommending Clannad in Fighting Game Community, hahaha.....
>_>

Nice, needs more love, lol.

Owarigatari episodes 1-6

"If you choose me, I'll let you touch my boobs,"
"Nobody stabs him with stationary except me."
And
Hitagi fucking decks a girl.

xyuE0gC.gif

Yup, one of the best scenes from the season.

Oh and Utawarerumono's OP was really really good.

Mature

All of my favorite EDs this year feel like they were mostly reliant on the songs. The IBO ending is great on top of getting bonus points for being led into from time to time. Shirobako's 2nd ED gets bonus points for having several variations and a really catchy song. Stardust Crusaders second ED was the perfect juxtaposition to the loud and rowdy tone the series normally has.

perfect insider had the best op hands down, ed goes to somera-chans
It's hard to contest this opinion. It's really great.

Edit: Actually, I forgot about the Oingo Boingo brothers ending for JoJo. That one wins, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom