• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin Getter Robo VS Neo Getter Robo - 2

So in this episode we're introduced to this American cowboy character speaking glorious engrish whose name is TEXAS JACK.

CXhfKqyU0AAUP30.png:large

He pilots the American super robot called the TEXAS MACK, which is a cowboy robot that DUAL WEILDS PISTOLS and SNIPES SATELLITES OUT IN SPACE.

And this folks, is why mecha is the greatest genre of anime ever.

Narag

You forgot to mention the rifle was in the White House lawn and how it was a parable about the scourge of illegal aliens ruining the American way of life.

jonjonaug

[BHaiyore! Nyaruko-san 03[/B]

Man fuck this. This is what I get for hoping a show lives up to the potential of its premise. The MC is the biggest wet blanket of all time. Dropped.

>Hoping a light novel adaptation lives up to it's premise

Why don't you ask for a unicorn while you're at it?

Come to think of it, the only light novel adaptations I really liked were either ones that I expected to suck in the first place, or the original work was by an author I already knew was good (Urobuchi, Tanaka, etc).

Quasar

>Hoping a light novel adaptation lives up to it's premise

Why don't you ask for a unicorn while you're at it?

Come to think of it, the only light novel adaptations I really liked were either ones that I expected to suck in the first place, or the original work was by an author I already knew was good (Urobuchi, Tanaka, etc).

Well I never read the books, but really enjoyed the anime. I guess the Lovecraftian gags and references never got old for me. Though the male tsundere got a bit tiring.

Does the Degashi Kashi manga have a lot of sexual content in it? I've seen some people say about it that they've been waiting for some enjoyable trash, but what I've seen of the anime looks more like Non Non Biyori than anything particularly trashy.

It's not particularly trashy. It's mostly just slapstick comedy, it's a lot more hyper and energetic than Non Non Biyori.

Does the Degashi Kashi manga have a lot of sexual content in it? I've seen some people say about it that they've been waiting for some enjoyable trash, but what I've seen of the anime looks more like Non Non Biyori than anything particularly trashy.

Not a lot. Pixiv would have you believe otherwise, but aside from the one after shower part in the PV and a few double entendre it's light on that.

Mailbox

2016 looks pretty great right now.

Theres something about her character design that freaks me the fuck out, but I can't put my finger on it.

I really like all the other character designs I've seen for the show, though.

Maybe its the eyes or something... idk..

Narag

Now that we have about 24 hours left of the new year, how are the riff raff on the New Years resolution list looking?

Anyhow, thought it might be fun to toy with the idea of New Year’s resolution nonsense (past the universal one we all share of watching less anime) and having folk picking some backlog stuff to finally get to this year rather than putting off for one reason or another. More than likely it’s something popular that might engender some discussion rather than people talking past one another and, frankly, deadline pressure doesn’t hurt. I wouldn’t get too involved though given how life can throw one a curveball nor would I expect everyone to post about every episode watched but hey, there’s still good stuff for most of us to watch yet.

To get us started, I took an informal poll of some people to help serve as an example. Something, say, like one long series, a couple short series, a handful of movies, or some sort of combination would be ideal. It’s not meant to be a burden but rather that extra push to chisel away at the lingering part of the ol’ backlog.

Deputy Dangle
  • Hyouka
  • Wolf's Rain
darkside31337
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011)
dresden
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS
  • The Last Red Shoulder
  • Mellowlink
firehawk12
  • last 13 eps of Utena
gashikunFLCL
  • The rest of Urusei Yatsura
haly
  • Hidasketch
Mature
  • Hyouka
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Irresponsible Captain Tylor
  • The rest of Urusei Yatsura
madpierrot
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011)
    [*]Turn A Gundam
    [*]Digimon S1
MetroidPrimeRib
  • Gintama
Mr. Jeff
  • Gundam Build Fighters
Narag
  • Rest of the Ghibli films not seen yet
  • ZZ Gundam
  • Last half of Hyouka
  • Mazinger Z
  • Space Adventure Cobra TV
SliceSabre
  • Gundam 00
  • Turn A Gundam
sonicmj1
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS
  • the rest of Mushishi
survivor
  • Kare Kano
  • Kimi no Todoke
ZachDeKoromaru
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Sailor Moon S

Anyhow, I’ll leave this open until the end of the month and finalize it then if there’s enough interest. We can all have a good laugh at MPR when everyone but him has finished at the end of the year.

I think you just wanted to show off!! I think gashikunFLCL finished UY too.

I've got two movies and 7 eps of ZZ then I'm as good as I can be.

What really haunts us is firehawk could have like watched an ep of Utena once a month and nearly finished this.

Yami Shibai 02-04

So far all this show has taught me is that East Asian ghosts are assholes. They will haunt and kill you for no reason and they aren't even fair, The Grudge will follow you FOREVER even if you leave the haunted area and get out of dodge. That's bullshit. Jaws will do that to, but at least you can kill Jaws, ghosts are already dead and that's just overpowered. The real name of this show should be -

kZ5cnlD.jpg

Real talk though, I had to pause halfway through episode 4 because I'm a coward. The girl opens up the printer and there's a Ringu girl's head in it then opens it again and there is nothing there which is WAY SCARIER. Yeah but for real is that Hatsune Miku doing the ED for a horror anime? Now that's fucking terrifying

I think you just wanted to show off!! I think gashikunFLCL finished UY too.

I've got two movies and 7 eps of ZZ then I'm as good as I can be.

What really haunts us is firehawk could have like watched an ep of Utena once a month and nearly finished this.
is there a punishment game here or will we actually have "12" put at the end of our usernames for a bit, lol.

Funny enough, I just watched the first 3 episodes of Yami Shibai today. I find them disappointingly lame so far, but hopefully the series gets better.

The fourth one got me bad, but I'm pretty bad with horror stuff in general. I gave up in P.T. before anything really scary happened, I just got to the part where the ghost stands in the hallway 『menacingly』and turned it off

So far, OP of the year discussion seems more exciting than anime of the year. Alas.

It doesn't seem like anyone is super passionate about something winning. There's no Mario Maker or MGS V in this race

The fourth one got me bad, but I'm pretty bad with horror stuff in general. I gave up in P.T. before anything really scary happened, I just got to the part where the ghost stands in the hallway 『menacingly』and turned it off

I like horror when it's about atmosphere, but despite some attempts at creepiness Yami Shibai has been little but jump scares so far.

It doesn't seem like anyone is super passionate about something winning. There's no Mario Maker or MGS V in this race

I'm passionate, but what I like has no chance of winning, so I'm not going to get on a soapbox for AOTY in particular.

Actually, and maybe this is because I'm selecting much of what to watch as the year ends, but I'm finding that anime in 2015 has been pandering specifically to me in surprising ways. From When Marnie Was There nailing my experiences with depression to the Yamato 2199 movie expanding on my favorite episode of the series to Ghost in the Shell: New Movie giving me my favorite kind of action to Sound Euphonium appealing to my musician spirit
to Show by Rock satisfying my appreciation of anthropomorphic animals
- it's been a pretty pleasant experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom