• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

Mawaru Penguindrum
Shigurui
Mononoke
House of Five Leaves
Dennou Coil

Trust me, I'm good taste personified.
picturen6p3j.png

Mawaru is an amazing show but out of that list, I'd prioritize Dennou Coil

Also, I should really get to finishing Hyouka, last episode I saw was 19

Lupin had the best opening, followed by Yuri Kuma.

If G-Reco's ending still counts, then that was the best ending. If the fact that it first aired in 2014 disqualifies it, then maybe Shirobako's second ending?

Phatmac

Death Parade's OP is probably the catchiest of 2015. Gintama had some good ones but nothing really sticks out besides the jojo op near the end of the show.

As long as we are making dumb and arbitrary lists, might as well do the most excited for in 2016 ones

For me its -

1. Kizumonogatari I - Tekketsu-hen
2. Kizumonogatari II - Nekketsu-hen
3. Kizumonogatari III - Reiketsu-hen
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
5. Ace Attorney
6. My Hero Academia
7. Soma S2
8. Dagashi Kashi
9. Bungou Stray Dogs
10. Mob Pyscho 100

Rampo kitan ed was nice as well as Concrete Revolution (when emi is tiptoing or fuurotas moments). Assassination Classroom ed for how quaint and calming it is deserves mention. And the seraph of the end s1 ed because its so epic especially the vocals but then mika jumping off the building. Also might as well mention shingeki chuugakkou due to the voices and images.

Puruzi

Banned
Anime i'm excited for in no order

Musaigen no Phantom World
Dagashi Kashi
Luck & Logic
Dimension W
Mahoutsukai Precure!
Boku no Hero Academia
Kiznaiver
Ace Attorney
Soma S2
Oshiete! Galko-chan
Mob Psycho 100
Show by Rock S2

blurr

FSN Heaven's Feel
DurararaX2 Ketsu
Kizumonogatari x3
Koyomimonogatari
Hibike Euphonium S2

Probably watch My Hero Academia.

As long as we are making dumb and arbitrary lists, might as well do the most excited for in 2016 ones

For me its -

1. Kizumonogatari I - Tekketsu-hen
2. Kizumonogatari II - Nekketsu-hen
3. Kizumonogatari III - Reiketsu-hen
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
5. Ace Attorney
6. My Hero Academia
7. Soma S2
8. Dagashi Kashi
9. Bungou Stray Dogs
10. Uhh...Bahamut S2?

Well for me it would be

1. D.Gray-Man
2. Diamond is Unbreakable
3. A Silent Voice
4. Ace Attorney/FMP
5. Gravity Rush
6. Mob Psycho 100
7. Bungou Stray Dogs
8. Soma/Kizu
9. Bahamut S2
10. Concrete Revoultio

Yeah I'm really excited for D.Gray-Man since it's pretty much a miracle for it to even get a anime. Hopefully TMS does a competent job on it.

I hope UVERworld comes back for an Opening.

Shit I still have more that I'm excited for.

Phatmac

Maybe we'll get FMP this year other than what you guys have said: Hibike 2, Rewrite, NNT2, D-Gray Man 2016. Next year looks stacked.

duckroll

2016 Excite List

Under the Dog
Concrete Revolutio S2
Akito the Exiled FINALE
Joker Game
Snow White S2
Hero Academia
Erased
NotAttackOnTitanAtAllSeriouslyForReal
Stray Dogs

Andrew J.

One Punch Man has the best OP of the year, and also of all time.

Kekkai Sensen's OP was OK, nothing special, but that ED is where it's at.

JCG

I imagine not a lot of people will watch it around here, but Active Raid is going to be pretty entertaining.

In any case, I am also looking forward to a number of other things that have already been mentioned.

My 2016 list is...

Kimi no Na wa
Musaigen no Phantom World
To All the Corners of the World
Kizu and Koyomin
Macross Delta
Kiznaiver
Dagashi Kashi.

...in something close to that order.

Here is what I'm really excited about seeing in 2016 for one reason or another:

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
My Hero Academia
Jojo: Diamond is Unbreakable
Joker Game
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Shishou Series
Classicaloid
Flying Witch
Sangatsu no Lion
Kumamiko
Sound Euphonium S2
Show by Rock S2
Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
Girls und Panzer movie
Doukyuusei
A Silent Voice
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
MILKY HOLMES MOVIE!!!!!!!
All 4 Anime Tamago 2016 projects
Kizumonogatari
Kimi no Na wa
The Red Turtle (kind of counts, right?)
Pigtails

JCG

I supported Under the Dog and all. Just don't have any particular expectations for it.

I haven't even watched the second half of Stardust Crusaders. I'm an embarrassment.

Not that surprising when the first half of Stardust Crusaders tends to meander a lot more than the second.

My 2016 list:
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Ace Attorney
Sound! Euphonium Season 2
A Silent Voice
D.Gray-man
Reflection
Maybe My Hero Academia?

I'm sure there will be other good stuff. That's just what's jumping out to me right now.

I imagine not a lot of people will watch it around here, but Active Raid is going to be pretty entertaining.

Active Raid looks ugly, and it's not clear if Taniguchi will be particularly involved in his "Chief Director" role or if he's just slapping his name on to add a little extra selling power. I have no intention of watching it unless it gets strong impressions from people I trust.

No one else excited for Under the Dog?!

Hahahahahahaha.

I do hope, for your sake, that it makes it out without being too much the worse for wear.

Quasar

2016 Excite List

Under the Dog

I thought you were down on this project for some reason. I should read all those kickstarter updates one day. I'd say I'm hopeful.

As for me...

The rest of Tamayura
Kizumonogatari
Macross Delta
The new Shinkai movie
Yuriphonium S2
Full Metal Panic
Tenchi Muyo (I think a new instalment got announced)

Not sure what else is coming.

duckroll

Hahahahahahaha.

I do hope, for your sake, that it makes it out without being too much the worse for wear.

But that's the most exciting part! The drama! The thrill! Not knowing if they'll even finish it! SO EXCITING!

Wait you people thought I was talking about the actual OVA? Looooooooool.

Anyway, bringing up Under the Dog makes me think of Yasuhiro Irie, another ex-Bones action director, who I hope is up to something good. I wonder if his Kickstarter ever got relaunched. I should look into that.

Cornbread78

I have to read up on all the winter stuff this weekend, but so far:

Definately:
- Erased,
- Snow White 2
- Gate 2

I have no idea, so I'll give them a shot:

- Grimgar
- Bahamut
- Phantom World
- Reikenzan
- Divine Gate
- Kizumonogatari

Are Utawarerumono and Heavy Object continuing right away? What about Asterix?

Baka to Test S2 ep.1-2
Holy shit this beach arc was hilarious. From them trying to hit on girls and getting busted, to the painful beauty pageant, lol. It's amazing this show can stay this funny for so long, lol.

Oh and ya'll need to watch Rozen Maiden, c'mon.

JCG

Active Raid looks ugly, and it's not clear if Taniguchi will be particularly involved in his "Chief Director" role or if he's just slapping his name on to add a little extra selling power.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems Taniguchi is going to be more involved than that, going by what was said here and other things. Beyond that, I believe Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, among other shows, has proven that modern anime can still be fun to watch even if the art is ugly (especially but not only during Part 1) or at least without high quality animation. There was some sort of preview screening which people seemed to like. In the worst case scenario, I do expect the fights to be enjoyable. Whatever the case, only time will tell.

JCG

I would be more excited for Ace Attorney if I hadn't played the games first, which sets up all sorts of potentially counter-productive expectations that the anime may or may not be able to live up to. Otherwise, it's hard to avoid having some folks who will be complaining if they start cutting out something or other for the sake of time, etc.

Fuck I hope when Bones gets done with My Hero Academia, Stray Dogs, and Mob Psycho they get back to do Season 2 of Kekkai Sensen. Kekkai Sensen is pretty much their second best selling series. I'll be completely surprised if they don't come back for a Season 2 considering how much of a big profit the series made.

I need my dose of chaoticness with characters just having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom