• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of the problem is that the year peaked too early.

I think the first half of 2015 was pretty good all around, but the second half has been a lot more forgettable.

I think the first half of 2015 was pretty good all around, but the second half has been a lot more forgettable.

I think the main problem with the year is that there hasn't been any standouts like Ping Pong or Space Dandy. I mean there has been some good series but not the type that makes you go oh wow this was really goddamn amazing.

Though the problem for me is that there hasn't been a series as good as Barakamon this year. :)

Quasar

Well my top 10 is 50/50 in that respect. Though I did watch much less new shows in the second half overall.

sonicmj1

I was away on vacation with very limited internet access. Pretty much caught up now, and I'm just glad to see that hosannainexcelsis enjoyed Mouryou no Hako, much as I did. It's a really fascinating show!

I think you just wanted to show off!! I think gashikunFLCL finished UY too.

I've got two movies and 7 eps of ZZ then I'm as good as I can be.

What really haunts us is firehawk could have like watched an ep of Utena once a month and nearly finished this.

I've finished VOTOMS. I mean, I should watch Mellowlink, but that can wait a bit.

Mushishi will continue to shame me until I get back to it, especially because I've seen the first half of Zoku, so I already know I'll love it.

Narag

I was away on vacation with very limited internet access. Pretty much caught up now, and I'm just glad to see that hosannainexcelsis enjoyed Mouryou no Hako, much as I did. It's a really fascinating show!

I've finished VOTOMS. I mean, I should watch Mellowlink, but that can wait a bit.

Mushishi will continue to shame me until I get back to it, especially because I've seen the first half of Zoku, so I already know I'll love it.

enjoy 2016 as sonicmj12

rrvv

Theres something about her character design that freaks me the fuck out, but I can't put my finger on it.

I really like all the other character designs I've seen for the show, though.

Maybe its the eyes or something... idk..
Big head, boob and ass. At same time small hips and leg.

Literally walking hourglass

TUSR

Banned
L5ZjuJ6.png

TUSR

Banned
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - 7, 8, 9, & 10

i thought rin was supposed to be the main character, not mika?

not that im complaining.

Mailbox

Big head, boob and ass. At same time small hips and leg.

Literally walking hourglass

But i've seen character like that before and don't have that reaction.

I really think its the eyes. Its like this super weird combo of insane, "come here", and derp. Its... weird. I think i have to get used to it is all.

We're having a moment here. Don't ruin it.

Also apparently the new Tokyo Ghoul OVA is pretty good, and well made. Though your enjoyment of it may vary based on how you feel towards this character...

...and his wacky hijinks.

Well time to go and watch it.

Hopefully it's good/decent.

phaze

My mom warned me about taking candy from strangers and that girl in Dagashi Kashi looks pretty suspect.

Your mom got that right cause Hotaru is a total psycho.

Is Dagashi really going for 20 minute long format ? They'll burn through like 6 candies every episode.

Macross Delta 01(preview version)

So according cast list the main 3 are Hayate, Freyja, Mirage.
Alright, that's not bad.
And wow, AKB0048 2.0 indeed, also mixed some Symphogear style.

Qurupeke

Yuriphonium 8

I'll post full impressions later. lol

--------------------------------------------------------------

This show keeps surprising me in a very good way. The Kumiko-Reina scene was really dreamy, as Kumiko called it. I'm not sure if I'd call it Yuriphonium or not, but this wasn't Kousaka simply being playful. Kousaka choosing that gorgeous dress, saying words like love, explaining for the first time how she feels and in the end she threw away the cold demeanor and she laughed. Oh and that scene. I'm not sure if they'll reference the whole thing again in the series, but it's obvious that Kousaka has a special place for Koumiko. I liked a lot that she seems to be more human than what my initial impressions pointed to and the chemistry between her and Kumiko (and her terrible personality lol) are really the greatest part of Euphonium.

Despite the above being the central piece of this episode, I also loved Kouta with Tsukamoto. Tsukamoto obviously loves Kumiko, their scenes are always good, so it was kinda expected that he'd reject Katou. Still, the atmosphere was great but I guess this was mostly because Katou was holding everything in her, as she did cry in the end. Oh, and we had that awesome scene in the bathroom with Kumiko grabbing Kousaka. lol

Anyway, I guess the remaining episodes will mostly be about the rehearsals and the audition, so the show will return to its usual self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom