• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is it that bad? I can kinda see where they're coming from most of the time, even if recruiting a character to the harem the army is progression in it's own way.
Two episode arc about an heir to the throne creating a fake kidnapping scenario.
An episode about infiltrating a cruise ship that houses caged monsters forced to fight one another for the purpose of illicit gambling. These monsters break free and cause the ship to sink after an extended fight.

This is the most nonsensical "slice of life" label I've heard in a long time and has no understanding of what that term even defines.

Two episode arc about an heir to the throne creating a fake kidnapping scenario.
An episode about infiltrating a cruise ship that houses caged monsters forced to fight one another for the purpose of illicit gambling. These monsters break free and cause the ship to sink after an extended fight.

This is the most nonsensical "slice of life" label I've heard in a long time and has no understanding of what that term even defines.

I mean, I personally think it's a bit of both I guess so I don't really want to argue since I agree for the most part. but where does this leave episode 4,5,6,7 and 9?

When there are so much comedy scenes with girls I'm not suprised that people say that the middle portion turned into a Slice of Life show, at the very least it slowed down a lot. Although it's gonna pick up in the next cour.

I guess the main portion of this is episode 11 but what's the other episode included in this two-parter? The one in which girls are practicing sexy poses during a sleepover?

----------

Edit: To word it differently, arguing about the meaning of a genre is always gonna be odd as a lot of people have various takes on what the genre actually is but it's not a far stretch to me that people would catagorize a show featuring a lot of girls doing mundane stuff as "Slice of Life".

It's really not something to get worked up over.

Qurupeke

Hibike! Euphonium 9-10

whgk80N.png
Smqe6fj.png
qOqg6z6.png
First, I like that they still keep Reina's and Kumiko's relationship to a strong friendship and nothing more, but still having some more "pseydo-romantic" touches. lol These episodes have been mostly about other characters, like Nakagawa's failure and Kaori vs Reina and despite not really caring about all of these characters, they were good and actually interesting. I like Nakagawa more and more, she has a cool attitude but she still cares a lot about others. I'm glad she wasn't a repeat of that incident with the older student and Kumiko.

And they went that route... I really want to see how they'll try to progress it. Generally, I don't like the not ordinary but perfect teacher trope and Taki-sensei fits perfectly there. And we also have a student that loves him. I don't really want them to dismiss it to child's nonsense as Reina is mature enough, but in any case it seems a bit scandalous if it was to revealed, especially after the whole thing about preference and sensei's inability to do something to change that. Especially when you have that stupid girl with the ribbon and the eyebrows.

I look forward to the next few episodes. A duel in a concert between Kaori and Kousaka is music to my ears. lol Next few eps should be interesting. I doubt there will be enough time for the nationals, but this is why this got a S2 I guess.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I mean, I personally think it's a bit of both I guess so I don't really want to argue since I agree for the most part. but where does this leave episode 4,5,6,7 and 9?
Do you need a synopsis for every episode or something? Every single episode introduces new cast members or goes out of its way to create a storyline while revealing bits of the world and the past of its cast. These events and characters clearly stack and build upon one another without operating independently.

The episodes you're referencing deal with the identity of Ukon, his standing inside the capital and his goal towards it, and the evolving role of Haku as someone who works under Ukon.

Just because every episode doesn't feature an action sequence the show isn't "slice of life". It's obnoxious to have this label dismissively thrown around just because the show takes an episode to have a deep dive into a character's background by introducing their mother, or introducing some of its goofier characters with mock dates. This is worse than when people were saying Shirobako was slice of life.

Slice of life stuff is primarily defined by small, idle, standalone vignettes that bond the viewer to the cast through their personality and daily interactions. I'm "worked up" over people weaponizing the term to bally shows they don't like.

Also...
I guess the main portion of this is episode 11 but what's the other episode included in this two-parter? The one in which girls are practicing sexy poses during a sleepover?
zzz
it's all set up. the entire reason for the events of episode eleven are built into the previous episode.
EJGznui.jpg

Eagle-eyes BONES bro liborek3 on Twitter has spotted this on their New Year greeting card on the official site: www.bones.co.jp/test_wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/nenga2016.jpg

Could this be our first look at what the Mob Psycho 100 anime will look like?!

Maybe ONE superfans will be disappointed that it's not an exact black-and-white copy of his art, but I really like the design there, and especially the coloring. I'm a big fan of colored outlines. Reminds me of Naoyuki Asano.

How much is BONES paying duckroll again?

I can only assume BONES will screw up My Hero Academia because they are always hit or miss with me.

Crocodile

So like is Mob Psycho 100 a finished manga? Nearly finished? Can it be split into easily digestible arcs (so like could there be a clean ending after 12-26 episodes)?

Is Sonic the new Bones mascot.

I mean, BBB did gangbusters for them so I'm not surprised :p

duckroll

Enough to pay for VPN to play Terrabattle.

????

I don't need a VPN to play Terra Battle. I just used one to get a sub-account to get into the US Google Play store to download it. Sakaguchi-sama the Great would not design a game that needs a VPN to play!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So like is Mob Psycho 100 a finished manga? Nearly finished? Can it be split into easily digestible arcs (so like could there be a clean ending after 12-26 episodes)?

I mean, BBB did gangbusters for them so I'm not surprised :p
Manga not yet finished, and no indication if it's going to end soon or not. chances for clean ending are good based on current story progression

Qurupeke

Mob Psycho 100 manga spoilers:

I really want them to include the arc with Mogami, but they'll probably end it with the annihilation of the CLAW branch. It's a pretty great stopping point and we'll have Dimple, Teru among other important arcs. Still, S2 will probably be a real rollecoaster if they have Mogami + current arc.

Erased looking (and sounding!) really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGy5LDRfs4A

What's going on with the girl's lips?

Rotnems

Neo Member
????

I don't need a VPN to play Terra Battle. I just used one to get a sub-account to get into the US Google Play store to download it. Sakaguchi-sama the Great would not design a game that needs a VPN to play!

Also on the topic of Terra Battle how nice would it be if they made an anime adaptation of it. Other mobage are also getting one so it's not that unreasonable.

inb4 they defeat the final boss in episode 6 and episode 7 to 13 is filled with p'izfer leveling up other characters in chapter 23-4 with the ocasional coin creep run.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I got myself a crunchyroll test sub and think about sticking with it. Just finished the entirety of Parasyte, and will probably start with "The Perfect Insider" now. IDK yet if it's worth the price, since I don't see that many differences to regular un-subbed Crunchyroll, but I'll at least give it a try.

If you can tell me things I really should check out and care to explain some premium-only stuff that's cool, please go ahead :p

I got myself a crunchyroll test sub and think about sticking with it. Just finished the entirety of Parasyte, and will probably start with "The Perfect Insider" now. IDK yet if it's worth the price, since I don't see that many differences to regular un-subbed Crunchyroll, but I'll at least give it a try.

If you can tell me things I really should check out and care to explain some premium-only stuff that's cool, please go ahead :p
I don't have a premium so I can't help you there but you should definitely watch Sora no Woto.

Madoka Magicka is probably the closest thing to perfect on Crunchyroll. If you haven't seen it yet, I would give it a shot despite how the cover might look.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Madoka Magicka is probably the closest thing to perfect on Crunchyroll. If you haven't seen it yet, I would give it a shot despite how the cover might look.
I saw the first series before :) Might watch it again tho, it's been a while. Also I didn't see any follow-ups/tieins yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom