• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the first series before :) Might watch it again tho, it's been a while. Also I didn't see any follow-ups/tieins yet either.

Ah, if you liked Madoka and Parasyte, then Fate/Zero and Beyond the Boundary are probably good ones to watch as well. Unless you've seen those as well, then I'm out of series that are pretty unanimously known as good. :p

Gundam Orphans 13

Man this show doesnt shy away from murdering children left and right. Gotta give it to them for not shying away from how awful conflicts can be. And Mikazuki WHYYYYYYYY how could you betray
Atra
like that :(

I've enjoyed this show a lot more than OPM and Noragami. Never thought I'd say that.

phaze

It was awful.

And I liked the show proper.

I got myself a crunchyroll test sub and think about sticking with it. Just finished the entirety of Parasyte, and will probably start with "The Perfect Insider" now. IDK yet if it's worth the price, since I don't see that many differences to regular un-subbed Crunchyroll, but I'll at least give it a try.

If you can tell me things I really should check out and care to explain some premium-only stuff that's cool, please go ahead :p

Uhhh, you can read manga too ?

See if any of those tickle your fancy:
Fate/Zero

Mononoke
Kyousougiga
gurren-lagann

Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas -shounen as f, breaks off in the middle of the manga. Warning: requires the ability to stomach all the Saint Seiyish things.
House of Five Leaves -lowkey samurai drama.
Flowers of Evil
Toradora
Love Lab
Gankutsuo

Don't lie!

I didn't mean to say Parasyte was unanimously known as good. :l I didn't particularly enjoy it, I was just using it as a basis to suggest somewhat similar series on Crunchyroll.

I'd never heard anyone say anything bad about KnK though. The ending was debated a lot, but I don't think anyone ever said that it ruined the series. I mean, not around me. I might have just sidestepped it all somehow though.

I second this. I always forget it's on Crunchyroll.

Puruzi

Banned
I didn't mean to say Parasyte was unanimously known as good. :l I didn't particularly enjoy it, I was just using it as a basis to suggest somewhat similar series on Crunchyroll.

I'd never heard anyone say anything bad about KnK though. The ending was debated a lot, but I don't think anyone ever said that it ruined the series. I mean, not around me. I might have just sidestepped it all somehow though.

almost everyone in animegaf except phaze and I shit all over KnK lol

It appears I bought, armed, set, and then stepped on a landmine with the KnK thing. :p I really enjoyed it personally. Not enough to do my usual shtick where I argue with everyone for an hour, but I still thought it was a solid show.

Sound Euphonium 3

If I ever become a conductor, I want to be one like Taki. He is my ideal teacher. Pleasant and polite, but straightforwardly honest.

He's too straightforward and doesn't really engage discussion well with the class at first, in my opinion. Often he just tells the student his own raw opinion and then tells the group to decide important matters on their own when he leaves, not being in immediate reach.

I think he is well meaning and wanting to work properly is commendable. His social skills and methodology are lacking though. However, he does get better at it along the way.

sonicmj1

KnK has such a loathsome script that I could not tolerate it at all, except for that one idol episode which had no attachment to the larger plot or to most of the really awful comedic threads that they repeatedly reused. It's really, really bad.

People generally don't talk about it because most of us want to forget it existed.

Quasar

This is the most nonsensical "slice of life" label I've heard in a long time and has no understanding of what that term even defines.

Well the term was always a nonsense anyway. I'd much rather terms like drama, comedy or romantic comedy used rather than a term that can include all three types of stories.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is the most nonsensical "slice of life" label I've heard in a long time and has no understanding of what that term even defines.

I think he means it in the sense of "low narrative/overarching plot". It's just cute furry girls confronting the whacky situation of the day.

I guess episodic would be a better label? Or sitcom-esque.

And here is 2ch's top 50 anime of 2015
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27918547

*they changed the rule again to any show that aired at 2015 means can be voted, so 2015 fall 2 cour shows are included this time, and of course 2014 fall 2 cour show are included too.
01. 933 Shirobako
02. 643 Hibike! Euphonium
03. 542 Prison School
04. 347 One punch man
05. 285 Non Non Biyori Repeat
06. 280 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
07. 250 Overlord
08. 229 Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
09. 228 Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus
10. 191 Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
11. 189 JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season
12. 185 Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
13. 154 Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine
14. 158 Himouto! Umaru-chan
15. 147 Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai
16. 143 Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Taikutsu na Sekai
16. 143 Yuru Yuri San☆Hai!
18. 136 Houkago no Pleiades
19. 124 Owarimonogatari
19. 124 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.Zoku
21. 123 Parasyte -the maxim-
22. 121 Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
23. 119 Seiken Tsukai no World Break
24. 110 Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
25. 108 Joukamachi no Dandelion
26. 106 Rolling☆Girls
27. 100 PriPara
28. 99 Charlotte
28. 95 Osomatsu-san
30. 94 Shokugeki no Souma
31. 93 Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]
32. 90 Gakkougurashi!
33. 89 Go! Princess Precure
34. 87 Hacka Doll The Animation
35. 86 SHOW BY ROCK!!
36. 82 Lupin III (2015)
37. 81 Rokka no Yuusha
38. 78 Yuri Kuma Arashi
39. 75 Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou
40. 74 Aldnoah Zero
41. 73 Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
42. 71 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls
42. 72 Etotama
44. 65 Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX
45. 63 GATE
46. 61 Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
47. 60 Ore Monogatari!!
48. 57 Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid
49. 56 Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
50. 55 WORKING!!!

I think he means it in the sense of "low narrative/overarching plot". It's just cute furry girls confronting the whacky situation of the day.

I guess episodic would be a better label? Or sitcom-esque.

A large part of the show has been dealing with wacky situations of the cast's everyday life in the capital city. Slice of Life isn't really such a terrible label for it, plot progression and character development exist in slice of life, that's not really an argument against using the term. What the show's given us so far feels more like the common route of a visual novel more than anything and no one flips out at calling those segments slice of life.

Well the term was always a nonsense anyway. I'd much rather terms like drama, comedy or romantic comedy used rather than a term that can include all three types of stories.

Why is NeoGAF trying to dismiss so many terms now...

It's a perfectly fine description as long as it's used properly.

He's too straightforward and doesn't really engage discussion well with the class at first, in my opinion. Often he just tells the student his own raw opinion and then tells the group to decide important matters on their own when he leaves, not being in immediate reach.

I think he is well meaning and wanting to work properly is commendable. His social skills and methodology are lacking though. However, he does get better at it along the way.

Taki could certainly baby the students more, but I appreciate that he is of the mindset that the best education happens when students are engaged and participating. He explicitly told them that they could either make good memories or work towards Nationals, and almost everyone wanted to work towards Nationals. He took them at their word. Sooner or later you need to learn that pretending to be serious while not actually being serious is just going to make more trouble for you in the long run.

I'm impressed that he is able to keep his cool given how disrespectful the band members are towards him. If a band gave me the garbage they gave him, I would throw my baton at them.

Jaxec

If you can tell me things I really should check out and care to explain some premium-only stuff that's cool, please go ahead :p

I have Crunchyroll Premium and, for the most part, I'm happy with it. The main difference between it and a free account is mostly ads and deals for the Crunchyroll store. For $6.95 a month it ain't a bad deal.

Shows I recommend are

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

A fun and over-the-top action series based on the manga by Hirohiko Araki. The story is broken up into parts (8 parts currently on-going) and details the adventures of the various JoJos. The current anime covers the first three parts: Phantom Blood, Battle Tendancy, and Stardust Crusaders, with the forth part coming sometime in April.

Shirobako

An anime about making anime. If you want to learn some more about what goes into making an anime then I highly recommend this. It features a refreshingly diverse and enjoyable cast that you find yourself rooting for.

Some other recommendations:

Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun (great comedy)

Shin Sekai Yori (haven't watched it yet, but i trust the overwhelmingly positive response from Animegaf)

Hunter x Hunter (an awesome shounen)

Quasar

Why is NeoGAF trying to dismiss so many terms now...

It's a perfectly fine description as long as it's used properly.

Well I don't think it is given it seems to encompass multiple genres. Or maybe it didn't originally, and anime fans ruined the term. Now it seems like an umbrella term for anything that lacks a supernatural element and isn't sport. And even that's not completely true as I see some people throwing shows like Devil is a Part-Timer! into that.

I have Crunchyroll Premium and, for the most part, I'm happy with it. The main difference between it and a free account is mostly ads and deals for the Crunchyroll store. For $6.95 a month it ain't a bad deal.

The main difference between a free account and a premium account is that new anime episodes are restricted to premium members for a week, and that HD video is only available to premium members.

Well I don't think it is given it seems to encompass multiple genres. Or maybe it didn't originally, and anime fans ruined the term.

Genre labels are amorphous and quibbling about them tends to be an exercise in futility. Or maybe all the inane "what is a JRPG" threads on gaming side have just completely burned me out.

Sorry for bringing up an old impression but I'm curious.

Thoraxes said:
- One omission is the lack of a time signature on every line of the music in this same still (around (02:58). They do have the key signatures carry over. The ending/repeats are done correctly too!

Have you used music with a time signature printed on every line? All the music I've ever seen has adhered to the standard of not repeating a time signature unless it changes, unlike how the key signature does get reprinted on every staff.

I can't understand how crap like that gets in the top 10. Then again sex sells.

Still Kekkai Sensen and Osomatsu were robbed....

I mean, I liked Cavalry but top 10? As a matter of fact, none of these should be there:

07. 250 Overlord
08. 229 Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
09. 228 Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus
10. 191 Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

There were much better shows that are placed significantly lower, for some reason.

Haly

What's not to understand? Stuff like Cavalry gets made for a reason.

School Rumble - 15

One of those anime that's a comedy first and foremost but does the serious drama bits very well nevertheless.

qsUTh7k.png

Almost unsurprising, given that this show is so well executed, that it even manages to be great despite serving you a buttload of misunderstandings. Those just keep piling on and on but that makes it just the better.

Haly

Now that I actually look at the list I think the top ten'll be better than ours this year.

Oh, that director from School Rumble, Shinji Takamatsu, is also the director of Gintama huh. Since I'm really liking the directing in the former I probably gotta give Gintama a go eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom