• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolf

KnK has such a loathsome script that I could not tolerate it at all, except for that one idol episode which had no attachment to the larger plot or to most of the really awful comedic threads that they repeatedly reused. It's really, really bad.

People generally don't talk about it because most of us want to forget it existed.

KnK was a show I would watch late at night while falling asleep and all I can remember is that all of the characters were dumb and/or annoying, the plot made no sense and nothing ever really happened. And something about glasses.

But the art and music was nice so it was good to watch while falling asleep, and I liked the OP.

Oh, that director from School Rumble, Shinji Takamatsu, is also the director of Gintama huh. Since I'm really liking the directing in the former I probably gotta give Gintama a go eventually.

Just remember that the first 20 or so episodes for Gintama take awhile to get into since it's basically laying a foundation for most of the characters traits

So I definitely recommend you to watch Gintama, it's a great show.

I can't understand how crap like that gets in the top 10. Then again sex sells.

Still Kekkai Sensen and Osomatsu were robbed....

Prison school really? Exodus isnt higher? None of my top 5 are in their top 50. Awful list

Its a surprising list to me. Seeing some shows really low that I'd expect higher. Shows where I'd think based on the source material (and its success) would not be so low. Like Ore Monogatari. And SNAFU to a degree.

It's fucking 2ch. What did you expect, measured critics with good reasoning?

Cornbread78

Baka to Test S2 ep.3
Well, looks like they are going to build up some of these relationships and hopefully, we get some progression at some point with Yoshi and the two chicks that like him.

Are shows like Parasyte and Teraformars censored on crunchyroll? Is there a way to tell via description or something?

Well, it should be easy to see if Terra Formars is still censored. Just look to see if it still has half the screen covered during certain shots.

Harder to say with Parasyte.

Though, I'll save you some time. Don't watch either. They're both pretty bad.

Russ T

Banned
Are shows like Parasyte and Teraformars censored on crunchyroll? Is there a way to tell via description or something?

Terraformars definitely is (but why would you watch that anyway).

I'm pretty sure Parasyte also is, but I can't remember. I mean, it must be. Everything violent is, basically.

pbayne

Anyone have any anime related new years resolutions?

This year ill try to finally watch all the gundams(even the bad ones). And fuck it maybe Monogatari but that's a big maybe.

This year ill try to finally watch all the gundams(even the bad ones). And fuck it maybe Monogatari but that's a big maybe.

Try to rewatch Hyouka and get past episode 5 because that's where I dropped it.

Plus it's been a while so maybe my impression on it will change.

Chindogg

I think he means it in the sense of "low narrative/overarching plot". It's just cute furry girls confronting the whacky situation of the day.

I guess episodic would be a better label? Or sitcom-esque.

Pretty much but if we're going to get so tight over bullshit labels that exist for a reason I guess we can throw down over it.

The series started with a narrative then came to a grinding halt for several episodes, following a day in the life of the MC and his band of furry women.

You might say several episodes may have been a "slice" of Haku's life, so to speak.

The main character has gigantic boobs and is really horny but slut-shames herself for it. Sounds like something 2ch would love, really.

You forgot massive fight scenes and the obligatory loli character.

Narag

The series started with a narrative then came to a grinding halt for several episodes, following a day in the life of the MC and his band of furry women. .

TmvOIVf.gif

Decado

Terraformars definitely is (but why would you watch that anyway).

I'm pretty sure Parasyte also is, but I can't remember. I mean, it must be. Everything violent is, basically.
Oh, I don't know about terra, it just came up in my search re: censorship on crunchy.

It is parasyte I'm interested in. Service doesn't seem terribly useful if their mature content is censored. I'm doing the free trial. Hoping jojo isn't censored along with parasyte. Can't see much to watch.

Quasar

Oh, I don't know about terra, it just came up in my search re: censorship on crunchy.

It is parasyte I'm interested in. Service doesn't seem terribly useful if their mature content is censored. I'm doing the free trial. Hoping jojo isn't censored along with parasyte. Can't see much to watch.

Well they have started including uncensored versions. I'm guessing those will be limited though given thats a cherry to spike disc sales.

Sterok

Akame ga Kill 1

I didn't realize people could bleed that much. Looks like this is going to be a merry run of assholes vs evil people. Should be fun.

The first season of Jojo on CR is the BD version, because it was put up long after the BDs had come out in Japan. Terraformars has an uncensored version available, or at least one was advertised.

In general, simulcasts on streaming websites use the broadcast TV version. The BD version, with any corrections and changes made, is not usually added down the line.

Baka to Test S2 ep.3
Well, looks like they are going to build up some of these relationships and hopefully, we get some progression at some point with Yoshi and the two chicks that like him.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You're cute.

That said, Season 2 is almost with the watch just for Bubblegum Hair's humorous slide into more overt yandereness. Added a lot of humor to her character

pbayne

I say that Owari was robbed.

Probably to watch the entirety of Shirobako. And persuade pbayne to watch Monogatari.

Itll take a lot of convincing the series has a trifecta of stuff I don't like.

Shaft-to be fair I love them...in small doses. The thought of watching like ten series back to back by them frys my brain.
Subject matter(ie creepy loli stuff)
And general harem antics I know there's more to it than that but still any show that has a best girl contest just isn't my cup of tea.

Qurupeke

Sound Euphonium 4

You tell them, girl!

She likes him a bit too much though.

Itll take a lot of convincing the series has a trifecta of stuff I don't like.

Shaft-to be fair I love them...in small doses. The thought of watching like ten series back to back by them frys my brain.
Subject matter(ie creepy loli stuff)
And general harem antics I know there's more to it than that but still any show that has a best girl contest just isn't my cup of tea.

Just watch on your own pace and you won't realize when you finished it. About the second thing, I guess you'll have to cope with it, it's (literally) the shadow of the main character, among other things. lol

And about the last thing, it's not a contest, the show isn't a harem. Senjougahara wins, end of story.

Same, finish the rest of Gundam. For me, that's going to be SEED, SEED Destiny, 00, AGE, and whatever movies. Maybe G-Savior if I'm bored.

Russ T

Banned

JoJo: Stardust Crusaders is censored. Comically so, at times...

Crunchyroll mainly gets you HD video and simulcasts. You won't get uncensored stuff for most series unless you buy the physical releases. Shitty, but that's how they do it in Japan.

I mean, it bothers me, too, but you don't really have a choice unless you want to wait until the whole thing's aired. And for licensing purposes as far as CR's concerned, I'm betting the uncensored stuff would be a whole separate negotiation.

I think when they get stuff that's already been released, it's generally the uncensored version.

EDIT: Was not aware they updated Terraformars to use the uncensored version. That's kinda cool. Too bad it's a terrible series, but hey. Maybe they'll do it for others. Maybe they did it for Parasyte. I know nothing, apparently!

Sterok

Akame ga Kill 2

At least they verify that their targets are guilty before killing them. That's something at least. Otherwise this seems to be an enjoyable trashy action show. Sounds good to me.

Squishy3

It's the nature of the TV broadcast, since they're simulcasting that. Even though Jojo's airs at like 1am in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom