• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peco

Sound Euphonium 6

Wow, the storyboard for this episode was really good. After being a bit disappointed by Kigami's storyboard for episode 5, this was a real treat, on the level of the best episodes of Hyouka. A lot of visual creativity, good pacing, nice framing, and effective storytelling. The overall theme of the episode - the joy of playing together in an ensemble, and how a part that sounds uninteresting on its own becomes enjoyable when you bring it together with others - that's a theme that resonates powerfully with my own experience and it was excellently portrayed here. Playing with more experienced musicians is one of the best things that a beginner musician such as Hazuki here can do, and I'm glad her friends realized that in the end after the ridiculous antics with Tuba-kun. Teared up a bit in the Twinkle Twinkle scene.

Speaking of which, I'm impressed with the compositions and arrangements Akito Matsuda has made here. He not only arranged Twinkle Twinkle in the version for tuba, euphonium, and contrabass played at the climax, but also composed the Crescent Moon Dance by the fictional composer Namie Horikawa which is Taki's free choice selection for the competition. (The required selection is drawn from the actual set pieces from the 2015 All Japan Band Competition, which is super cool.) The opening of Crescent Moon Dance that was played in the episode sounded really good, with effective use of the wind ensemble that would come off very well in a competition. I really hope we get to hear more of the piece later in the show, whether in rehearsal or the actual competition.
you now have aids
dont post again

gonzo pls im too drunk for this shitaa

TUSR

Banned
you now have aids

xoe64xp.gif

Cornbread78

Don't bother baby sitting the drunks, just laugh at them when they get themselves banned of throw up all over their devices.

Planetes ep.3-4
Pretty good episodes, although Tanabe did take it a little far to prove her point about the corpse. She redeemed herself in ep.4 with that nasty punch of hers. I hate trust fund babies like that too. She's just riding that moral and life lesson highroad, lol.

Sound Euphonium 7

The way the whole color palette became dramatically darker and more subdued than usual, as a way of mirroring the darker personal emotions and conflicts going on, reminds me of Silver Spoon episode 10. It's also notable how all the emotion stays reasonably grounded in reality rather than becoming too exaggerated. It's a contrast to even some moments of Hyouka, where the focus on lively animation led to flamboyant character movements that got a little too unsubtle at times for what would be appropriate. Of course, after the melodramatic craziness that is Gundam the Origin, pretty much everything else pales in comparison.

Also, I have to say, I'm seven episodes in and have seen absolutely no sign of the "yuri pandering" that I've seen this show loudly criticized for in certain quarters. I have to conclude that there are a lot of idiots watching anime. Not that I didn't know that already, but you know.

Puruzi

Banned
Also, I have to say, I'm seven episodes in and have seen absolutely no sign of the "yuri pandering" that I've seen this show loudly criticized for in certain quarters. I have to conclude that there are a lot of idiots watching anime. Not that I didn't know that already, but you know.
Haven't watched the show, but pretty sure all the yuri shit only really came from one episode. Not gonna say anything about the rest of the show but some of the scenes in the one episode really seemed like baiting to me.

data

Just finished OPM due to everyone praising it up to no end, and I have to say, this has to be the most boring shit I've watched all year. There's literally nothing to the fights Saitama is in, they ALWAYS pull the Saitama is too OP, fuck everything BS, the last fight was getting good, but nah, they had to fuck it up with that. Ore Monogatari best anime of the year btw.

Mature

Just finished OPM due to everyone praising it up to no end, and I have to say, this has to be the most boring shit I've watched all year. There's literally nothing to the fights Saitama is in, they ALWAYS pull the Saitama is too OP, fuck everything BS, the last fight was getting good, but nah, they had to fuck it up with that. Ore Monogatari best anime of the year btw.
This sort of reminds me when people were upset about the last episode of Nozaki.

Narag

The Tale of Princess Kaguya

huh, people weren't kidding when they said this and The Wind Rises were the films their respective directors wanted to make for themselves. ridiculously good

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Tale of Princess Kaguya

huh, people weren't kidding when they said this and The Wind Rises were the films their respective directors wanted to make for themselves. ridiculously good
stack them against one another for the objective truth on the better director.

Narag

It’s that time of year again where our New Year’s resolutions come about and we decide this is the year we finally get to that hole in the backlog we keep putting off. Like last time, I’ll leave this open until Feb 1st and remind people monthly.

firehawk12
Princess Nine

hosannainexcelsis
Ashita no Joe
Fantastic Children
Future Boy Conan
Hare + Guu
Heidi, Girl of the Alps
Hunter X Hunter (1999)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rose of Versailles
Urusei Yatsura
Votoms (+ Mellowlink)

madp
Gundam AGE

Metroidprimerib
Gundam Wing
Haibane Renmei
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Rose of Versailles
The Big O

Narag
Kingdom S1
Lupin III Part 2
Saiunkoku Monogatari S1
Utawarerumono

TUSR
SDF Macross
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Macross 7
Macross Plus
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier

wonzo
Code: Geass
Dragonball (allowed to drop if BDs are announced per prior agreement)
Legend of Galactic Heroes

Zachdekoromaru
Berserk ‘97 TV
Dirty Pair TV
Dirty Pair OVA
Dirty Pair: Project Eden
Every Precure show not yet finished.

Let’s all commend T✰SR for his bravery.

Disxo

Idk if this is the best place for it but I'd like some anime recommendations lately I found nothing interesting for me at least.

My favs, OPM, steins;gate, valvrave the liberator, shingeki no kyojin and the devil does part time.
Edit:
Happy new year will start hanging out here from time to time.

Quasar

Idk if this is the best place for it but I'd like some anime recommendations lately I found nothing interesting for me at least.

My favs, OPM, steins;gate, valvrave the liberator, shingeki no kyojin and the devil does part time.
Edit:

You probably would like Cross-Ange. Maybe Knights of Sidonia too if you aren't allergic to anime CG.

Jaxec

Edit:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Hunter x Hunter
Cross Ange

Disxo

Even as a proponent of Cross Ange, I would not recommend you dive into Cross Ange unless you know what you are getting into.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Code Geass you would probably like.
Well, if its too complex maybe I'll try the latter two.
I'll investigate about cross ange later I want to watch sth now.
Edit:
I choose Code geass btw later jojo.
"Complex" isn't what it is. Extremely entertaining and trashy is more like it

Added to my list then, really appreciate the help.

Line_HTX

Happy New Year, all you East coast weebs!

Happy New Year, Kiritobread, Metroid, Narag, TUSR, Shouta, duckroll, and everyone else!

Mature

It’s that time of year again where our New Year’s resolutions come about and we decide this is the year we finally get to that hole in the backlog we keep putting off. Like last time, I’ll leave this open until Feb 1st and remind people monthly.
Throw me on there too with
Thinking about:

• Ideon
  • Mononoke
  • Maison Ikkoku
Maybe one more smaller thing, but I haven't decided.
and .hack//sign.

Sound Euphonium 8

CXnEHS_WEAAdpZD.jpg

Love this shot. The whole duet sequence over the closing credits was excellent.

The timing in here was really good, both in the comedic first half, and in the sensitive, slightly mysterious second half. Haruka Fujita is a fairly newly promoted animator at KyoAni, but she's done a really good job here. It's interesting that you have relative unknowns such as Eisaku Kawanami and Fujita showing up the established KyoAni talents of Ishihara, Yamada, and Kigami on this series so far.

Put me down for Mushishi 2, Mononoke, and Trepez.

Will this finally be the year?!

Line_HTX

Concrete Revolutio 01

All the back and forth skips. I think I got it somewhat...

I must go fly away. Duckroll needs discussion.

I like the pink haired hoodie.

This looks like fun to get into. Let's continue.

Shouldn't you just cut your losses with this one and instead be thankful that you have a movie from the staff of the first Garo anime season to look forward to?

I could!

But I need to see how it ends. I've already put so much time into it! We're 11 episodes into this show, and it has all been set-up. I mean that, other than the last episode where they introduced a new armor wearer, nothing has happened.

They've basically wasted the entire first half of the series. That means it's either going to go nuts and maybe recover slightly(extremely unlikely, but it's possible) or...

I could!

But I need to see how it ends. I've already put so much time into it! We're 11 episodes into this show, and it has all been set-up. I mean that, other than the last episode where they introduced a new armor wearer, nothing has happened.

They've basically wasted the entire first half of the series. That means it's either going to go nuts and maybe recover slightly(extremely unlikely, but it's possible) or...

Is it really a trainwreck if the train never leaves the station?

Sterok

The show is a...decent adaptation until it gets to the end where it goes straight up ORIGINAL ANIME ENDING DO NOT STEAL and it is just terrrrrrible. Akame ga Kill is a fun enough series but for some reason the anime doesn't have a lot of the...not depth, but heart of the manga. I think it's the faster pacing. You don't get to stay with the characters to really get into them. Or to have their deaths affect you.

Oh I've heard. This is one of those instances where I'll probably watch the show, then start the manga in a month/year. But right now I'm just watching to see how bloody the deaths get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom