• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

And it's finally midnight Central time. May all of you have bad tastes in your waifus!

Concrete Revolutio 02

Poor Queen bug.

I like individual episodes like this. It feels like a few Stand Alones in GitS.

Okay so my friend just suggested an anime called silver spoon or gin no saji and I'm wondering what you guys think (for those who have seen it)? Is it feel-good? Did you enjoy it? What were your thoughts on it?

Mature

Okay so my friend just suggested an anime called silver spoon or gin no saji and I'm wondering what you guys think (for those who have seen it)? Is it feel-good? Did you enjoy it? What were your thoughts on it?
The few people who stuck with Silver Spoon had really great things to say about it.

The first season is middling, the second season is excellent and well worth getting through to see.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
It's great. It feel good, motivational, educational, and funny.

Defuser

201601011155571fbdoo9h.jpg

Oh my god who design this, why is there so many shit on her, why is there so many colourful balls around them that it's blinding my eyes.

Russ T

Banned
Yo that's one of my favorites in recent years. It's inspirational and educational and heartwarming and fun and easygoing.

It's good.

Is it really a trainwreck if the train never leaves the station?

It's true. The series is in all likelihood going to end with all the force of a small cow being pushed over. Not a train crash.

Also, don't push small cows. They're tiny and adorable.

Oooooooooooooooooh burn.

It deserves it.

Anyway, my next show is...

Kino's Journey Episode 1
episode-1-op3.gif

Interesting way to reveal she's packing...
You know, I really appreciate stories that just begin. No lengthy infodump, no lengthy flashback, or even flashforward.

Also is it normal to bring your bike into a fancy room? Do motorcyclist do that in real life, and I never realized?

Well yeah, it's no surprise this society fell apart. Everyone basically became 50% psycho mantis. Also people probably initially think every new individual they encounter is threatening on some level.

That said, while the issue isn't resolved, and Kino just continues on her way, the episode ends on a note of optimism.

Russ T

Banned
I need to rewatch Kino's Journey. I remember it being one of my absolute favorites in my early years of anime consumption, but that was many years ago.

duckroll

It's really good. There aren't really many shows which dwell on Japan's agricultural industry and the countryside settings, so that alone makes it pretty unique. The fact that it is well written and has a cast of great characters is also a huge plus.

Kino's Journey Episode 1

You know, I really appreciate stories that just begin. No lengthy infodump, no lengthy flashback, or even flashforward.

Also is it normal to bring your bike into a fancy room? Do motorcyclist do that in real life, and I never realized?

Well yeah, it's no surprise this society fell apart. Everyone basically became 50% psycho mantis. Also people probably initially think every new individual they encounter is threatening on some level.

That said, while the issue isn't resolved, and Kino just continues on her way, the episode ends on a note of optimism.

Kino's Journey is freaking fantastic and it is a real shame it doesn't get mentioned a lot in here. Out of all LN adaptations it's one of the best ones.

Line_HTX

Concrete Revolutio 04

Nothing good can come from a secret basement.

The basement...

BWONG!

Oh wow, Emi... I didn't suspect that actually.

Death Parade 11

Uh...was that other person the girl could've sacrificed supposed to be
Light? Death Note Light?

And are you supposed to take that as potentially a reason why on different occasions they mention the amount of people dying was way higher than usual? Or is that reading into it too much?

It’s that time of year again where our New Year’s resolutions come about and we decide this is the year we finally get to that hole in the backlog we keep putting off. Like last time, I’ll leave this open until Feb 1st and remind people monthly.

firehawk12
Princess Nine

hosannainexcelsis
Ashita no Joe
Fantastic Children
Future Boy Conan
Hare + Guu
Heidi, Girl of the Alps
Hunter X Hunter (1999)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rose of Versailles
Urusei Yatsura
Votoms (+ Mellowlink)

madp
Gundam AGE

Metroidprimerib
Gundam Wing
Haibane Renmei
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Rose of Versailles
The Big O

Narag
Kingdom S1
Lupin III Part 2
Saiunkoku Monogatari S1
Utawarerumono

TUSR
SDF Macross
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Macross 7
Macross Plus
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier

wonzo
Code: Geass
Dragonball (allowed to drop if BDs are announced per prior agreement)
Legend of Galactic Heroes

Zachdekoromaru
Berserk ‘97 TV
Dirty Pair TV
Dirty Pair OVA
Dirty Pair: Project Eden
Every Precure show not yet finished.

Let’s all commend T✰SR for his bravery.

Here's mine

Macross Frontier
Yamato 2199 including the movie
Wolf Children
Most of Studio Ghibli Movies
Monogatari series
Dennou Coil
Neon Genesis Evangelion
G Gundam
War in Pocket
The Big O
Mushishi
Millennium Actress
Perfect Blue
Tokyo Godfathers
Paprika

Yeah I know I have a long list, but I've been meaning to get these done for a while now.

Quasar

It's really good. There aren't really many shows which dwell on Japan's agricultural industry and the countryside settings, so that alone makes it pretty unique. The fact that it is well written and has a cast of great characters is also a huge plus.

Yeah. And it went in some surprising areas for me, touching on some pretty serious issues that resonated with me a fair bit coming from a family where part of it are former farmers.

Russ T

Banned
Death Parade 11

Light? Death Note Light?

And are you supposed to take that as potentially a reason why on different occasions they mention the amount of people dying was way higher than usual? Or is that reading into it too much?
I uhh. I don't remember what that person looked like. I'm gonna go with no???

That would certainly be a... surprising twist...

Kino's Journey 2

Well that escalated quickly.

Kino is a odd heroine. She's stoic, but helpful. She worries about little things, like the morality of killing a rabbit not for herself, but others.
She kills three men in self-defense with relative ease. Afterwards, she worries about how close she came to dying the process. Then she returns a ring to one of the men, because she felt she didn't help him.

It's rare to see that in anime to be honest. Characters, who aren't villainous, worrying about how close to death they were.
The whole scene really gives weight to Kino's character and her life.

4 Moscow Mules later and I am the most sober person in my house right now. Watching Kyousougiga. I was socializing with the neighbors, but the 14 year old next door was trying to come over and I felt this was a poor decision to make at this point in my life so I excused myself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It’s that time of year again where our New Year’s resolutions come about and we decide this is the year we finally get to that hole in the backlog we keep putting off. Like last time, I’ll leave this open until Feb 1st and remind people monthly.

firehawk12
Princess Nine
I see what you did there. lol

ibyea

Banned
Death Parade 11

Light? Death Note Light?

Oh yeah, I do remember that dude looked like him. Don't know if it's actually him but he sure looked like him.

Sandfox

I'm behind on a few series from this past season so I'm probably going to watch 4 episodes of multiple series a day to catch up. Right now I'm watching Gundam IBO episode 2 so let's see how this goes lol.

Mailbox

I had a lil to drink.

Watched the force awakens today, it was good.

I think i'm gonna make a anime review youtube channel. Been wanting to do that for a year and a half. I'm getting a tablet with a wacom digitizer, so maybe i'll actually be able to do it this time.

IDK.... I'm not confident in my scriptwriting... I'll give it a shot.

Btw, I'm watching Castle Town Dandelion, its good. I'll give my full impressions when i'm done. People should watch it, its good.

hehe. :p

Happy new years guys!

Woooooooo.

:/

Thoraxes

He's too straightforward and doesn't really engage discussion well with the class at first, in my opinion. Often he just tells the student his own raw opinion and then tells the group to decide important matters on their own when he leaves, not being in immediate reach.

I think he is well meaning and wanting to work properly is commendable. His social skills and methodology are lacking though. However, he does get better at it along the way.

I honestly think he's fantastic. He's a super-realistic, very dedicated band director. And that he even let them choose what they want to do, and decided to put in his all towards what they told him they want was just great. They said they wanted to go to nationals and compete, so that's how he decided to teach them. He didn't try to win their affection to get them into it. He just laid everything out, didn't bullshit them, and got straight to the point. And when you're dealing with a bunch of juveniles, i've found that it's usually the best method i've used for teaching my private students.

I would've killed to have a teacher like him when I was in high-school band. And when he says "Please don't waste my time" and walks out? You should see how some of the foreign orchestral directors i've worked with have been (especially the Germans). The teachers who are all fun and games rarely get shit done compared to the ones who are there to make and perfect music, speaking from experience.

And to your one other point; there's a pedagogical method behind giving the students the decision-making powers based on director suggestions too. One I always find is usually extremely effective in the field of music.
Taki could certainly baby the students more, but I appreciate that he is of the mindset that the best education happens when students are engaged and participating. He explicitly told them that they could either make good memories or work towards Nationals, and almost everyone wanted to work towards Nationals. He took them at their word. Sooner or later you need to learn that pretending to be serious while not actually being serious is just going to make more trouble for you in the long run.

I'm impressed that he is able to keep his cool given how disrespectful the band members are towards him. If a band gave me the garbage they gave him, I would throw my baton at them.
Basically this.

Put me down for
Last 20 episodes of Cowboy Bebop
Last 20 episodes of Shin Sekai Yori
Last 10 episodes of Mushishi S2
That Gundam thing I watchbet NMAN ages ago
Utena (I promise to finish this one)

Thoraxes

Sound Euphonium 7

I have to say, I'm seven episodes in and have seen absolutely no sign of the "yuri pandering" that I've seen this show loudly criticized for in certain quarters. I have to conclude that there are a lot of idiots watching anime. Not that I didn't know that already, but you know.
There's one episode where a lot of people didn't pick up on their tone of voice and took everything that was said at face value instead of reading the situation.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun episode 1
I.....ive never seen a romance episode like this...I feel like it went through 2 12 episode seasons in one episode.

Someone remind me what the name of that Dan Brown Anime is like I'm putting it on the top of my hype list

You're talking about the show Hosanna was talking about a while back right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184546559&postcount=10449

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184550651&postcount=10456

Macross Delta 01

I liked the song that was playing at the end but that's about it, I really wasn't invested in all the fight scenes before that. I felt kinda awkward watching them.

Line_HTX

Concrete Revolutio 05

But I AM THE MONSTER! AHH!!

I may need to rewatch this episode because it looks like there's multiple conflicts going on, including Jiro's internal conflict with how he perceives all beasts.

Sölf

I just saw the Berserk Trailer. I am not sure, I think the CGI looks worse than in the movies (or at least than in the second and third one). Eh, I will watch it no matter what anyway. xD

Sölf

Add me to the list. I have to finally watch at least one of the EFs, which I have since a few years back and still haven't watched. And maybe Black Lagoon to, but I only have that since a year or so. xD

Qurupeke

Let’s all commend T✰SR for his bravery.

Put me there with Hyouka, Oregairu and second half of Shirobako.

Oh and Clannad. lol

phaze

Man Monogatari Second Season may be one of the most depressing seasons in any show I've ever seen.

If you're already on the post-snake arc, reminder to watch the blue-ray Onimonogatari opening if you're watching the broadcast version.

Just in time for the new year, kraker (thank you kraker) has completed the annual sakuga roundup of 2015. Duckroll and myself, as well as many other intrepid animation fans, have contributed to this look back, so take a look!

I guess I'll watch Rolling Girls #8.

Naoki Kobayashi and Norio Matsumoto had extensive participation in the movie as unit directors, animation supervisors, and storyboard artists along with key animation responsibilities. The sequences involving the aforementioned two are the best parts of the film, with Kobayashi handling the minute-and-a-half opening fight all by himself. It was a good showcase of the youngster’s talents in effects animation and martial arts sequences, though the quick cuts in the melee combat parts made it hard to see at times.

See ! Me and Psycho_Mantis are not crazy !

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
If you're already on the post-snake arc, reminder to watch the blue-ray Onimonogatari opening if you're watching the broadcast version.

I guess I'll watch Rolling Girls #8.

See ! Me and Psycho_Mantis are not crazy !
Yeah, Rolling Girls ep.8 is definitely one of its best episode. It was crazy and fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom