• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Euphonium S2 4
VUM1YrM.png
bv7ZZIC.png
fIHWwg9.jpg
The whole story was pretty tragic but I'm really glad that the storm has passed for now. Nozomi is too good, I was feeling terrible for her. Everyone just rejected her for no reason and yet she still has a big smile on her face. I hope she will be able to join them now. Yuuko and Natsuki continue to be amazing supporting characters and I'm really enjoying their snarky interactions.

And the next piece begins... I wonder if Asuka will be the focus now.

Hibike! Euphonium S2 04

Asuka is the biggest bitch I have seen in a TV show this year. She was fucking manipulating the situation for max band benefit instead of just fucking solving it. Holy shit I love to fucking hate her. Holy shit this drama was over a stupid fucking misunderstanding. Nozomi literally did nothing wrong and was actually doing Mizore a favor and Mizore was being a huge fucking drama queen over actually nothing. If there's anyone to feel bad for in this arc it is Nozomi because everyone treated her like shit over fucking nothing. HIGH SCHOOL GIRL DRAMA IS THE PETTIEST SHIT

Oh and Ribbons aka Yuko is still my favorite.

So is this thread about anime in general or am I missing something? Complete newbie here.

Yep. The majority of posts will be about currently airing shows (as the title implies - we're 4-5 weeks into the Autumn season of anime) but its common for people to post about older shows they are currently watching.

brawly

Fairy Tail 53

Of course
Gerard
is back. I really like the new characters of the alliance and the opening. Never skip it.

Cornbread78

So is this thread about anime in general or am I missing something? Complete newbie here.

Yup, it's your inclusive "you're favorite anime sucks" kinda thread.

They discuss everything as long as it's about how great Sword Art Online is or how much everyone loves Clannad; it's all fair game though.

Either way, kick off your shoes and hang out for a bit. The patrons may get boistrous at times, but their good peoples at heart. Teeheehee.

Thud

Yup, it's your inclusive "you're favorite anime sucks" kinda thread.

They discuss everything as long as it's about how great Sword Art Online is or how much everyone loves Clannad; it's all fair game though.

Either way, kick off your shoes and hang out for a bit. The patrons may get boistrous at times, but their good peoples at heart. Teegeehee.

I can rant on SAO for ages.

The turd that keeps on giving.

Hibike! Euphonium S2 04

Asuka is the biggest bitch I have seen in a TV show this year. She was fucking manipulating the situation for max band benefit instead of just fucking solving it. Holy shit I love to fucking hate her. Holy shit this drama was over a stupid fucking misunderstanding. Nozomi literally did nothing wrong and was actually doing Mizore a favor and Mizore was being a huge fucking drama queen over actually nothing. If there's anyone to feel bad for in this arc it is Nozomi because everyone treated her like shit over fucking nothing. HIGH SCHOOL GIRL DRAMA IS THE PETTIEST SHIT

Oh and Ribbons aka Yuko is still my favorite.

I mean, it's obvious that Mizore is introverted and has quite a lot anxiety concerning relationships and so forth. So when she feels as though the one person she was close to didn't actually care much for her in return that hurts and does lead to unreasonable behavior. Nozomi not even talking to Mizore about her intentions of leaving the club is indeed a bit odd I might add and Nozomi's reasoning for that seems odd.

Besides, the show portrays all this in a neutral manner. We're shown who the characters are, how they behave and fuck up and no one is portrayed as the one evil cause. I like that. I take this sort of drama over "evil bully bullies our poor, actually flawless MC who'll be saved by prince xyz" every day of the week. *cough cough Kimi ni Todoke cough cough*

anime in general

you can:

- discuss your thoughts on currently airing episodes of shows (Most of discussion)
- discuss your thoughts as you watch a backlog show of yours.
- discuss superior white man television

The dub pretty explicitly says his name as
Jellal, not Gerard.
Heh did they? I'm pretty sure I misheard at first and it sounded close to Gerard in my mind.

And of course I check a long ass clip from the Natsu vs Jellal fight and not once do they say his name.

I'll trust your words.

DevilDog

anime in general

you can:

- discuss your thoughts on currently airing episodes of shows (Most of discussion)
- discuss your thoughts as you watch a backlog show of yours.
- discuss superior white man television

Actually I know very little about anime, and I wanted to get more into it so I came here for recommendations if you guys do these.

Actually I know very little about anime, and I wanted to get more into it so I came here for recommendations if you guys do these.

yeah for sure. I didn't include it as it's something unspoken that communities do.

What genres do you like/what do you feel like watching? Anything in western tv you'd like to find something similar in Anime? Let us know.

DevilDog

yeah for sure. I didn't include it as it's something unspoken that communities do.

What genres do you like/what do you feel like watching? Anything in western tv you'd like to find something similar in Anime? Let us know.

From anime I've only watched DBZ all the sagas with the Cell saga being my favorite. That was 2 years ago. I also say recently Psycho Pass which I loved as well, the first season mostly. I can say that for now Psycho Pass is by far my favorite anime so far.

I watched 20 episodes of Death Note from the first season yesteday but I can't say I liked it.

From Western stuff, I mostly like science fiction (with a particular affection for space), horror, adventure but I watch everything as long as it's intelligent or completely cheesy(ironically intelligent). Anything from Inception to Mad max/Kill Bill stuff etc.

I'm not a huge fan of series which led me to anime, I tried watching many but they are nothing spectacular and get boring easily. Only one I liked in recent memory is Got until season 4.

Narag

I cannot disagree with any aspect part of this analysis.

One thing which gives me pause when discussing Yukina as a female pilot is how little actual mecha piloting see actual does vs sitting in the back seat and occasionally pointing things out. She often feels more like a component required to start the mecha as opposed to a fully fledged pilot.

Yukina almost rhymes with Fatima.

From anime I've only watched DBZ all the sagas with the Cell saga being my favorite. That was 2 years ago. I also say recently Psycho Pass which I loved as well, the first season mostly. I can say that for now Psycho Pass is by far my favorite anime so far.

I watched 20 episodes of Death Note from the first season yesteday but I can't say I liked it.

From Western stuff, I mostly like science fiction (with a particular affection for space), horror, adventure but I watch everything as long as it's intelligent or completely cheesy(ironically intelligent). Anything from Inception to Mad max/Kill Bill stuff etc.

I'm not a huge fan of series which led me to anime, I tried watching many but they are nothing spectacular and get boring easily. Only one I liked in recent memory is Got until season 4.

If you like science fiction I'll introduce you to your new obsession: Yamato 2199. One of the best sci-fi shows I've ever seen. That's a solid 20+ episodes plus a movie for your enjoyment.

If you liked Psycho Pass S1 (I'm with you, everybody makes fun of me for liking it) then watch the superior cyberpunk/dystopia sci-fi in Ghost in the Shell.

If we're adopting a new dog then we're taking woodington to the shelter

tdUXG9q.gif

I'll give you a few sci-fi recommendations then.

For movies I'd start with Paprika from the famous but unfortunately deceased Satoshi Kon.

Series:
Shin Sekai Yori (From the new World)
Dennou Coil
Planetes

Shin Sekai Yori and Dennou Coil have really damn well realized worlds and a good plot to go along with it.

Planetes is space hard sci-fi with the unusual premise of following space garbage collectors around earth's orbit (evolves into more than that though)

DevilDog

If you like science fiction I'll introduce you to your new obsession: Yamato 2199. One of the best sci-fi shows I've ever seen. That's a solid 20+ episodes plus a movie for your enjoyment.

If you liked Psycho Pass S1 (I'm with you, everybody makes fun of me for liking it) then watch the superior cyberpunk/dystopia sci-fi in Ghost in the Shell.
Noone should make fun of you for liking it, it was one of the best shows I've seen.

Thanks for the recommendations. My friends told me that I should avoid Ghost in the Shell though,

Also I have a question, another friend told me about Blame, but he only read it, I was wondering if the show is good as well.

.....WTF is going on, I understand the censorship parts but the others make no sense.

Crunchyroll received an earlier version of the episode that didn't have corrections that were made later in time for the TV broadcast.

Thanks for the recommendations. My friends told me that I should avoid Ghost in the Shell though,

Did they say why? I have to question your friends' judgement here.

I don't know why your friends would tell you to avoid Ghost in the Shell. Particularly since it's a better show.

If you want another really slow burn of a show that starts out actually silent and turns depressing in its commentary of dystopia, watch Texhnolyze.

I guess there's the obvious recommendation of Cowboy Bebop as one of the best sci fi shows as well but most folks have seen it to be honest so I never even think of mentioning it. As to Blame, I can't help you on that personally. I've read some of the manga and didn't even know there was a show.

You could try Ergo proxy, it seem like something that would fit your tastes.

DevilDog

Did they say why? I have to question your friends' judgement here.
He didn't really specify, just told me that it's boring.
I don't know why your friends would tell you to avoid Ghost in the Shell. Particularly since it's a better show.

If you want another really slow burn of a show that starts out actually silent and turns depressing in its commentary of dystopia, watch Texhnolyze.

I guess there's the obvious recommendation of Cowboy Bebop as one of the best sci fi shows as well but most folks have seen it to be honest so I never even think of mentioning it. As to Blame, I can't help you on that personally. I've read some of the manga and didn't even know there was a show.

All right, thanks, that is more than enough for now.
You could try Ergo proxy, it seem like something that would fit your tastes.

It looks good. Thanks everyone.

It's finally time.

Ascheroth

Noone should make fun of you for liking it, it was one of the best shows I've seen.

Also I have a question, another friend told me about Blame, but he only read it, I was wondering if the show is good as well.
The Blame Manga is great, but there is no anime yet. There's going to be a movie next year (I think?)

Girlish Number 1&2: I liked all of the scenes with the side characters and almost none of the scenes with the main ones. Can we get an anime about Gojo and his shitty coworkers instead?

I quite enjoyed the whole first episode, but I kinda agree that Episode 2 it was those scenes that really stood out to me as the better parts of the episode.

Weeeeeaaak. Re:Zero is a polarized show in here. He might end up enjoying it!

Try getting him to watch Earth Maiden Arjuna instead.

I recommend Ai City as a possible torture anime. It's an oldy but an awfully.

According to some people on twitter, the tv version of Yuri on Ice is quite different from the version crunchyroll got. People aren't sure which is the completed version tho...

The new episode looks quite unfinished in a few areas on Crunchyroll.

Wow that's crazy. I guess it was just a simple mix up?

??? Psycho Pass is disliked in here? I mean, I'm not a huge fan of it, but everywhere else I've gone is madly in love with it.

Also:
Cheating Craft Episode 4:
I love the absurdity of the tests, but this character stuff can die an early death as far as I'm concerned. It's much less interesting than the crazy exam practices. I guess this'll get dropped once we get midway.

Saiki K Episode 16:
The Santa Claus stuff was freaking gold, but the rest.... I feel like the show is slowly getting fatigued, and my Wife noticed a pretty glaring plot hole in one of the gags. I knew it was going to happen though. Not only is it hard to keep comedy gold churning out, but the Shonen Jump Ranking have been sagging for awhile. I was always a bit afraid that meant a decent drop in quality at some point for the series.

Gundam IBO Episode 4:
Good episode, but man the art really dipped for anything outside the mech battles. Super derpy faces across the board in long shots, and Orga's foot gets freaking absurdly huge, even for a perspective shot.

Trickster Episode 4:
I'm getting Active Raid vibes. Good, even cool ideas, but really lacking in proper execution.

Wanderer5

Bungo Stray Dogs S2 #4

I see this episode came out last week too. Anyway, holy shit was Odasaku vs Gide glorious, and Odasaku went out like a champ. Thus is the end of what was a pretty sweet flashback arc and into the three way war arc. Hope it will do well with 8 episodes.

Thud

You will probably like the current saga in Dragon Ball Super.

If Death Note didn't wow you then the latter part won't either. You could also just keep watching to see it fall apart, but that's probably a waste of time.

Fate/Zero is a nice action paced anime, deals with different themes as well such as magic vs man. Not for the weak hearted.

Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop are always a good place to start. Very cool cinematics and amazing music.

As for horror, Higurashi has you covered. I also recommend reading Tomie at some point.

For movies, I'll always recommend Paprika. The mixing of dreams and reality. It's not for everybody, but it's one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom