• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eumi

Can I just mention how the
reverse of the OP also changed Kira's hands covering haystos eyes to having Hayato look up in determination as Kira flys away
?

Best OP trick they've pulled yet.

Also Bites the Dust is just utterly fantastic, and this finale is just sealing that fact. Hayato is a much different character for Jojo but his viewpoint is ustilised spectacularly. Kira is goddamn terrifying, but he doesn't come across as godlike despite his
reality warping powers
because we're watching him from the perspective of someone with a very intimate relationship with him.

phaze

Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor 01
fafner2igupi.jpg
fafnerd6uya.jpg

That will be important right ?

So they know they will need pilots, yet in their idiocy, they refuse to tell the would be pilots anything, sending them off to fight to death with 0 experience ? (No 1 trained pilot doesn't count ) Truly an Evangelion tier show.
If you couldn't already tell by the savage amount of technobabble and pretentious naming sense.

I'm going to need to drop my plans of taking a shot every time "Are you there ?" shows up. This pace is just too hazardous for my liver and wallet

Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor 01

So they know they will need pilots, yet in their idiocy, they refuse to tell the would be pilots anything, sending them off to fight to death with 0 experience ? (No 1 trained pilot doesn't count ) Truly an Evangelion tier show.
If you couldn't already tell by the savage amount of technobabble and pretentious naming sense.

I'm going to need to drop my plans of taking a shot every time "Are you there ?" shows up. This pace is just too hazardous for my liver and wallet

I love the "Are You There" fafner shirt that they sell.

Thud

Friday is Unbreakable 36

DavidPro delivers again. These last few episodes are amazing and give part 4 the finale it deserves.

Next we'll shine on you crazy diamond.

Sterok

Lostorage Incited Wixoss 9

Well, that's two more mysteries cleared up. How did the battles start up again? The collective despair of the previous Selectors willed it into existence or something. I hope Kiyoi called Ruuko and gave her an earful about how she sucks at this whole breaking the system gig. Second, winning doesn't seem to have any unexpected side effects. The LRIG may try to twist the knife when rearranging memories, but nothing else apparently happened. Hanna is probably out for the rest of the show. Kiyoi gives an abbreviated version of her backstory that we already knew about from Peeping Analyze. Still no clue on what her goal is, though she's probably a good guy. Chinatsu "The Edge" Morikawa gets to witness a rather gruesome scene, even by Wixoss standards. That's one person who is screwed even if what Ruuko did last time is repeated.

Clov

Not sure if anyone here is a fan of this series (I haven't even seen it myself), but Discotek quietly announced that they've licensed the Crusher Joe movie and OVA series. The movie has been confirmed for a BD release.

DREAM FESTIVAL! Episode 10 – A Journey of Dreams: Junya's Decision

I dont understand why you would rather stay together than let Junya go on to become a better trained idol in New York dancing and acting. It seems like a solo career could better lead to success. Though I guess DreFes could let you get your album faster. But what if youre a one hit wonder :(

Nary an episode where they arent shirtless
CysshHnW8AEHVko.jpg:small

Not sure if anyone here is a fan of this series (I haven't even seen it myself), but Discotek quietly announced that they've licensed the Crusher Joe movie and OVA series. The movie has been confirmed for a BD release.

Venus Wars, Gorg, and now Crusher Joe. Just Arion (and that one OVA) is left until they have all of Yasuhiko's works. (well, his capacity on The Origin is still mysterious.)

Narag

Hell yeah

Qurupeke

Nisekoi: [END]
I actually forgot that I hadn't finished that yet. It was worth it for Haru and the magical girls episode. The Shu episode was also surprisingly good.

I wonder if S3 is ever happening...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
But anime watchers need to learn who the promised girl is. They can't leave such an important plot point unresolved!
There is an obvious main character to Nisekoi who is the only girl that can win. The people that are aware of this already knew how it would end. The people that cannot grasp these concepts and back the obvious losers would just feel bad to learn the truth.

Ascheroth

JoJo DiU #36

Damn. That special OP is fantastic.
BITES ZA DUSTO is so ridiculous. It's also amazing how the end-game isn't even shown from the PoV from our heroes and they're as of now completely helpless and incapable of saving themselves because they are literally incapable of realizing what's going on before they're dead.
And yet it works so damn well.

Poor Rohan though.

Hypeyuu!! S3 #9

Damn. That Nishinoya action was ridiculously hype. Everything was ridiculously hype.
But that cliffhanger is evil.

Fridays are the best.

Taruranto

The Great Passage #8

This anime isn't really doing for me, beyond being different from the average TV anime I don't think it really offers anything memorable, especially the characters which I'm finding incredibly simple.

Sterok

Key the Metal Idol End

??? That was weird. I went in expecting a somewhat dark show about a robot trying to become an idol. What I got was some conspiracy about robot weapons, very little idol stuff, almost no likeable characters, and tons of exposition that didn't make sense. Kind of like Serial Experiments Lain, but not nearly as good. Interesting, but I don't think I'd ever recommend this.

Jex

Discotek are really crushing it lately.

Seiren(2017 winter) PV1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp26B7zEKZg

Oh and only 3 main girls have a route(total 12 episodes, 4 for each girl), other main 3 girls? well if the show become famous, there will be chance for another season.

I am so in. Getting those Amagami vibes off of this and I love it.

The Great Passage - 08

That was the weirdest time skip ever. The show was tight, but Majime was just BORING. Rather than putting emphasis on what could be the most interesting part of the story as he learns to be in a relationship, they just skip over all of that... Oh well he is a bit better now, but it seems like a wasted opportunity here. With this time skip though they seem to now be in the present. I wonder if the fact that smartphones and the internet exists will affect the chances of this dictionary which has been worked on for so long to come out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
and funimation's new roku app wont allow me to sign in

I'm still shocked how much better the PS3 app is then the rest I've tried and even their own website. The Fire TV app crashes all the time after a show ends. The website is an organizational mess. Meanwhile the PS3 App has everything in alphabetical order, autoplay works like a charm and the thing never forgets where I was when watching something.

Haikyuu!! S3 - 09

RIP Kazunari Tanaka. What a difference in VAs, as soon as Ukai spoke to Tsukishima I booked it right away... Such a shame he was so close to finishing this season too...

TraBuch

Banned
How are these shows:

Barakamon
Blood Blockade Battledront
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
The Legend of Legendary Heroes
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
Dimension W
Orange
Re:Zero
Ano Natsu de Matteru
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Tonari no Seki-kun

How are these shows:

Barakamon - good
Blood Blockade Battledront - meh
Death Parade - decent
Robotics;Notes
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - bad
Dimension W - bad
Orange - bad
Re:Zero - bad
Ano Natsu de Matteru - terribad
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - bad
Tonari no Seki-kun

In short, of those I've seen, I'd only recommend Barakamon.

Quasar

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Dimension W
Orange
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Tonari no Seki-kun

A lot of shows there I really liked. Some I put in my top 10 for the years they came out like Barakamon and SNAFU, and some there I think will be in my top 10 this year like Orange and Grimgar.

Qurupeke

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Dimension W
Orange
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Tonari no Seki-kun

Hmm, from what I've watched I really liked Death Parade. It has some issues, but overall it's pretty interesting and it has some very strong episodes.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Blood Blockade Battle front is probably the best in that list (i really adore its sound track) and its just a lot of fun.

But my personal favorite is Legend of the Legendary Heroes just for the initial amorality in that first episode. Still a lot if fun bits after though.

Thud

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Dimension W
Orange
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Tonari no Seki-kun

Saiki K is great. Do mind it's five shorts in an episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom