• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

His return being a literal resurrection through supernatural means would be disappointing, even if it served to explain things nicely.

Both options have their positive/negative aspects. It's going to be a gamble either way, because some viewers want almost the opposite of what you're asking for. For them, it's better if Lelouch's return happens against his will and not due to him "getting away with it" in the end.

R2 is like, mostly made of asspulls and retcons, I'm not sure why people expect much. <_>

I am not expecting miracles, but let's be fair here. The production circumstances that affected R2 should no longer apply.

The worst thing about R2 is the way they handled Charles zi Britannia.

They didn't present things too well, but I was fine with the whole "like father, like son" aspect that was implied.

Pokemon Generations 14 & 15
CywXtQtXcAACoSi.jpg:small

Animated N, all I needed.

duckroll

Damn that was awesome. I got my Man with the Machine Gun and Battle at Big Bridge. They ended with One Wing Angel with the entire audience chanting Sephiroth. :)

-Minsc-

Dragon Ball Super Episode 6 – Don't Anger the God of Destruction! Excitement at the Birthday Party

If a person is to watch just one episode of Dragon Ball Super I say this is the one. Seeing a hilariously terrified Vegeta is absolutely worth it.

Qurupeke

I'm trying to find what to watch next and I need a recommendation for a mecha anime, something with good action. Preferably, no kid pilots though. I've watched and liked shows like Code Geass, Evangelion, Rahxephon, the majority of Macross, Eureka 7, TTGL...

Monster Strike Winter Special Rain of Memories
CywhFqGXAAA_74J.jpg:small
CywhY-VWEAA1AFi.jpg:small

One year backstory episode on Akira's transfer and Haruma. I thought it was nice to get this 45 minute episode on them. Was fun especially the awkward Ah? Ah! Ah? moment with them being awkward friends and not knowing how to say thanks.

Akira sister plot and going the almost bad revenge plot was great for his character.

I'm trying to find what to watch next and I need a recommendation for a mecha anime, something with good action. Preferably, no kid pilots though. I've watched and liked shows like Code Geass, Evangelion, Rahxephon, the majority of Macross, Eureka 7, TTGL...
Depending on if you like or not CG, you might like Knights of Sidonia. It has some of my favorite mecha actions.

Of course the pilots are young, but I wouldnt call them kids.

How important is the no kid pilots stipulation to you, given that most of the shows you list have them? At any rate, if you want a mecha anime with older pilots I would suggest Patlabor or Votoms.

Monster Strike Episode 51 [END]

And thus ends one of the best game animes. Ill miss this every week and the fun times with Oragon and co. I also miss Lucy too. I hope to see the movie for I need Kid Ren and Haruma's memories. Such a tease for a year and we end up knowing nothing about their memories still beyond Ren wetting his pants on that slide.
I also hope Oragon is in the movie, I miss him

10/10 Also White Ash is amazing music group.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
LTTP-Bloodborne complete edition
The doll is the perfect waifu <3 10/10.

Serious one:
Pro:
The setting and monster design is phenomenal, combination of victorian horror and HP lovecraft creation. The insight implementation was interesting. Combat feel visceral and trick weapon is satisfying to use. Music is great. the way each level connected is great, finding new shortcut or discovering new location feel damn good.

Cons:
Long loading, going to hunter dream to level up or changing place is a annoying (minor one), chalice dungeon layout is bad and boring, especially when you realize the template is always the same.

Yup, totally a GOTY material

Haikyuu - 09

As a first impression I'm fine with the new Ukai voice. There's no chance to immediately like that sort of voice switch anyways and at least they didn't try to closely imitate Kazunari Tanaka's (RIP) voice. Because if you do that and fail to nail it, the result is by far worse.

Unlike the previous voice this one doesn't sound as distinctive and thus stands out less in a few scenes but yeh, let's see how it goes.

Episode sure was hype. It's unfortunate how damn many reused shots we have and the longer the match drags on the more apparent it gets, however, I'm always delighted to see the occasionally great new ones we get. Tobio's serve was good stufff this episode.

Dat cliffhanger ending though...well, alright, you deserve this one Haikyuu.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

Giant Robo

Shin Mazinger Z

All of these are heralded by Yasuhiro Imagawa. My favorite mecha anime director/writer ever. His work on this stuff is legendary.

phaze

If you flush down the no kids rule: Gunbuster + Diebuster assuming you haven't seen it yet.

Taruranto

Check out The Big O.

Kiss Him, Not Me Episode 9 – The Beach! Bathing Suits! Time to Get Serious!
Cywp0qqXEAIFpm0.jpg:small
Cywp0qsW8AAzx2W.jpg:small

Team Shinomiya (well he's tied with Nana for me, lean more towards Nana cause his personality). I love the klutz appeal for Shinomiya and how he always tries but ends up not doing as well as he expected. Great emotions this episode.

TrueBlue

Both options have their positive/negative aspects. It's going to be a gamble either way, because some viewers want almost the opposite of what you're asking for. For them, it's better if Lelouch's return happens against his will and not due to him "getting away with it" in the end.

I'd be fine with that angle as well tbh. It would probably make more sense in terms of his character as well, particularly when considering his sacrifice for the Zero Requiem.

That being said, a cart driver reveal would be incredible if only for the reactions.

Bubuki Buranki 22

Fantastic episode. Seeing Epizo finally get serious for once is a huge treat since he failed to save the onc he swore to protect. Expecting these next few episode are going to be amazing since all the available Buranki have gathered together for what looks like will be the final confrontation. Though I am curious about what is going on still between Raeko, Migiwa and why Zampaza seems so exhausted and concerned about his rings. And the OST this episode? On fucking point.

JCG

Thanks for the recommendations, I think I'll go for Gunbuster, Diebuster and Shin Mazinger Z.

Yes, watch Gunbuster! The rest are all excellent recommendations, especially Imagawa's series (Shin Mazinger, G Gundam).

You may also want to consider trying Gun X Sword at some point. Mostly adult pilots, plenty of robot action and a colorful cast. Episode 3 is ridiculously good stuff. There's nice things beyond, but give it a test and see if you like the show up to that point. The instrumental OP is rad too.

What if it's another reset and Lelouch wakes up back at school?

Ah, the shitstorm that would ensue! Doesn't seem they're going that route though.

Lostorage Incited Wixoss 09

You know I don't think the series has had as gruesome of a scene that Chinatsu witnessed in this episode. It is sure to fuck up her entire view of this game now if that battle didn't do enough of a trick.
I guess I never considered the fact that at least some LRIGS literally have no reason to live considering some are just made from leftover pieces of despair from the last game, so in a fucked up way it makes sense that one of them committed suicide. Curious about what happened to Hanna's brother though I know that's probably going to be gruesome as well.

ClassicaLoid Episode 9
download.png

A more serious episode, exploring the sense of loss and confusion Beethoven must have felt losing his hearing, to the point of where he forgets his gyoza obsession...

Also Schubert got decked in the face with a guitar.
download_1.png

Eumi

"What if we have a character tell another that it's their fault they're in an abusive relationship and that they're a worse person for being abused?"
"That doesn't sound very funny..."
"Trust me it will be!"

For fucks sake, I'm not someone to normally get pissed off by this kinda thing but Christ, I just feel outright angry watching these parts. And like, the role reversal scene was fucking hilarious so I know there's an actually good version of this dynamic that doesn't stem from trying to get me to laugh at abuse.

"What if we have a character tell another that it's their fault they're in an abusive relationship and that they're a worse person for being abused?"
"That doesn't sound very funny..."
"Trust me it will be!"

For fucks sake, I'm not someone to normally get pissed off by this kinda thing but Christ, I just feel outright angry watching these parts. And like, the role reversal scene was fucking hilarious so I know there's an actually good version of this dynamic that doesn't stem from trying to get me to laugh at abuse.

Huh? Yuuta is never seriously blamed for it or called a worse person. The episode was mostly about how it was his father's fault, the show goes out of its way to absolve Yuuta.

Eumi

Huh? Yuuta is never seriously blamed for it or called a worse person. The episode was mostly about how it was his father's fault, the show goes out of its way to absolve Yuuta.
No, the blonde girl straight up says that he gets abused because he acts submissive. The show itself actually advocating for abuse or anything, my issue is more with how the characters react to it. I should probably have made that more clear.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWW.Working!!!

I dunno. Shindou's constant whining was getting grating so I'm glad to see something actually happened to get his story going. Also, ruffle-hair Shiho was pretty cute:

7EEVv0H.png

March comes in like a lion 08

I can't get a solid read on this step-sister. Or this show.

She seems like a Monogatari character that got lost on her way there and ended up here.

Haikyuu S3 7

This was the blandest episode of the season, with the level of character animation and direction being merely average instead of the high standard I've come to expect. But there were still some good moments: particularly Tsukishima's injury and Tendo's last block. These were the best faces of the episode:

This is the heavy-duty expressiveness I crave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom