• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eumi

Yeah. Part 5 I'm a little less sure of...there's a couple different ways I imagine they could go with.
I mean, what they should do is obvious but it won't leave as strong an impact since it wouldn't actually be very unique.

The real question is if for part 7 will
alt-world Diago repeat the Stardust gimmick?

Moaradin

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Blood Blockade Battledront
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
The Legend of Legendary Heroes
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
Dimension W
Orange
Re:Zero
Ano Natsu de Matteru
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Tonari no Seki-kun

Blood Blockade Battlefront and Barakamon are great. Definitely the best of the bunch I've seen.

jgminto

Haikyuu!! S3 - 09

RIP Kazunari Tanaka. What a difference in VAs, as soon as Ukai spoke to Tsukishima I booked it right away... Such a shame he was so close to finishing this season too...
His voice suited the character so well, I don't think I'll ever get used to this new VA.

Jex

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Dimension W
Orange
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Tonari no Seki-kun
Mostly middling to bad, apart from Death Parade and Ano Natsu de Matteru.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Great Passage Episode 8:

I am guessing they did what they did in order to facilitate a story filp and have Majime in the role of mentor. Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the paper discussion sold me more on the intricacies of making a Dictionary then all of the purple prose in the world.

Narag

Oj5LrhL.jpg
The Duckroll Special bundle i ordered from the Sentai sale arrived today!

jonjonaug

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Dimension W
Orange
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Tonari no Seki-kun

I'd only strongly recommend Seki-kun from that list.

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Dimension W
Orange
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Tonari no Seki-kun
Barakamon
Grimgar
SNAFU

I'd go with these.

This and the new voice not being that great are huge factors, yes. He is trying to sound like the previous voice and failing at it.

Having to suddenly take over a role after the previous actor's death can't be an easy job.

The Great Passage Episode 8:

I am guessing they did what they did in order to facilitate a story filp and have Majime in the role of mentor.

There is that, but also I imagine the story wants to reach the point where the Great Passage is completed, and obviously that would be unable to happen without a large timeskip.

Cornbread78

There is an obvious main character to Nisekoi who is the only girl that can win. The people that are aware of this already knew how it would end. The people that cannot grasp these concepts and back the obvious losers would just feel bad to learn the truth.

Except they are all childhood friend, so all should lose...

How are these shows:

Barakamon- GREAT-must watch
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Good
Dimension W ok
Orange Good
Re:Zero Really good
Ano Natsu de Matteru good
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU great
Tonari no Seki-kun

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Haikyuu!! S3 - 09

RIP Kazunari Tanaka. What a difference in VAs, as soon as Ukai spoke to Tsukishima I booked it right away... Such a shame he was so close to finishing this season too...
I noticed it immediately. Thankfully he didn't talk too much this episode, but it'll take some getting used to. His old VA was very legit and fit the character perfectly.

Also fuck this episode. It was great, but that ending.

Previews kind of spoil what happens or doesn't happen. Boo.

Aki-at

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Dimension W
Orange
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Tonari no Seki-kun

Out of those shows I've only watched 3, Dimension W started off with a decent first episode but as it went on it became progressively worse. I'd avoid it.

Grimgar is great and has some decent characters in it and battles, the visuals too are nice to watch, highly recommended. Has one specific character who may irritate you A LOT though.

Blood Blockade Battlefront could have been one of my favourites but some episodes felt static and the conclusion is a mess, but the music, the world and the humour means it's a good watch too. If you liked Nightow's previous work Trigun, BBB feels like it has the same sort of wacky slapstick humour.

Good taste buddy.

*Polishes monocle*

I noticed it immediately. Thankfully he didn't talk too much this episode, but it'll take some getting used to. His old VA was very legit and fit the character perfectly.

Also fuck this episode. It was great, but that ending.

Previews kind of spoil what happens or doesn't happen. Boo.

It really bummed me out and saddened me. As sad as it may sound, I almost forgot he had passed. Every week I've been hearing his voice (heck go back to the previous episode and see how ENERGETIC he was) and then this week happens. He only delivered a small sentence and right away I just went "Ooooof" and had to pause to just take it in. I went back, replayed the moment, watched the whole episode, then I went to the previous episode and man... What a great loss. He was a pretty iconic voice too that I could always spot, in a good way. Really sad stuff.

Cornbread78

Out of those shows I've only watched 3, Dimension W started off with a decent first episode but as it went on it became progressively worse. I'd avoid it.

Grimgar is great and has some decent characters in it and battles, the visuals too are nice to watch, highly recommended. Has one specific character who may irritate you A LOT though.

Blood Blockade Battlefront could have been one of my favourites but some episodes felt static and the conclusion is a mess, but the music, the world and the humour means it's a good watch too. If you liked Nightow's previous work Trigun, BBB feels like it has the same sort of wacky slapstick humour.

You should watch Barakamon asap if nothing else..

Re:Zero is also a great experience.

SNAFU is good as well, but much different...

Taruranto

How are these shows:

Barakamon is the best and most solid show in there (Among the ones I watched), Death Parade could have been good, but the writing feels very amateurish (There is an entire episode dedicated to explain the previous episode that is just soooo bad) and there's Nasu-esque attempt to create a setting with its rules and stuff that's completely pointless for this kind of show.

BBB is just meh, can't muster any feeling toward it. I remember LolH being good, but incomplete and therefor pointless.

How are these shows:

Barakamon
Death Parade
Robotics;Notes
Dimension W
Orange
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Tonari no Seki-kun

Saiki K is amazing (I love the dub, but the sub is just as fun), however dub version of Kokomi's character is the best thing.

Grimgar is awesome too (Dub is phenomenal cause Ranta got a good voice).

Legend of the Legendary Heroes is very definitive, one of the best writers in literature gets his novel animated.

Sengoku Basara S2 4

No one is truly dead in Sengoku Basara land.

The clashes of ideals that are happening here do feel more meaningful than in season 1. Giving Toyotomi a shared past with Keiji helps make him a more interesting villain, but even Matsunaga comes off as a more interesting character this time in his conversation with Yukimura this episode. Matsunaga raised some good points that Yukimura clearly hadn't ever thought about.

Volume 1 of Keijo apparently only sold around 800 copies.

Selling like ass indeed.

It's probably world's hardest puzzles to figure out what otakus buy. Sometimes pure fanservice shows sell and then some pretty similar shows don't sell. Sometimes actually good shows sell and then some completely bomb. It feels like only recipe for success is idols lol.

Aki-at

ClassicLoid - 7

My mind is full of what.

This was an episode filled with so many random moments that kept getting a laugh out of me, from Kanae's sudden change in tone talking about a tengu and to her vivid imagination of how the town's people would react.

And it's thanks to this show I now know
Mozart and his mother used to exchange dirty letters to each other.

You should watch Barakamon asap if nothing else..

Re:Zero is also a great experience.

SNAFU is good as well, but much different...

Barakamon is on the list to watch at some point! Not sure about SNAFU and Re:Zero ride I already know from accidently seeing spoilers haha.

Narag

Sengoku Basara S2 4

No one is truly dead in Sengoku Basara land.

The clashes of ideals that are happening here do feel more meaningful than in season 1. Giving Toyotomi a shared past with Keiji helps make him a more interesting villain, but even Matsunaga comes off as a more interesting character this time in his conversation with Yukimura this episode. Matsunaga raised some good points that Yukimura clearly hadn't ever thought about.

That's pretty much the thrust of Yukimura's character arc in the second season as he goes from being this slapstick sidekick of Takeda to a far better developed character. It's also the secret reason why the second season is so good as the character work that wasn't present in the first cour gives it a sense of refinement.

Andrew J.

I mean, what they should do is obvious but it won't leave as strong an impact since it wouldn't actually be very unique.

The real question is if for part 7 will
alt-world Diago repeat the Stardust gimmick?

It'll start off with D4C switching it over to the OP of another show entirely, and then the episode after the AU!Diego reveal he'll stop time, punch D4C away, and let the OP continue on as normal.

Clov

My fiance and I just rewatched Doukyusei! Still love it as much as I did the first time around. I have a few thoughts on Aniplex's BD release of it.

The set itself surprised me a bit; it's much more in line with Aniplex's older releases. This is a good thing, since that's the quality I expect out of them. The last release I bought from them was Koimonogatari, which let me down a bit with its flimsy case. Doukyusei on the other hand uses a rigid case, just like their Fate/Zero releases. Apart from the BD itself, it comes with a cute set of postcards and a small artbook. The artbook itself was nicer than I expected, as it also includes an interview with the mangaka, and a new manga chapter. While it's not a big book by any means, it's a lot thicker than the flimsy artbook that Koimonogatari came with.

As for the disk itself, it's simply great. Out of all the Aniplex releases I own, this one by far looks the best. The film is absolutely beautiful, and the image quality is amazingly clear. A small word of warning though; there's a lot of really bright white in the film, so watching this in a darkened room may hurt your eyes at times, especially when it switches from nighttime scenes to daytime ones. I learned that the hard way.

Wanderer5

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 #10

First half was a pretty nice break from a physical fight, but I don't know, I feel like it could have had more omph to it or something.

Still overall another nice episode as this arc is entering its climax. Getting sad that this show is almost over.:(

jonjonaug

My fiance and I just rewatched Doukyusei! Still love it as much as I did the first time around. I have a few thoughts on Aniplex's BD release of it.

The set itself surprised me a bit; it's much more in line with Aniplex's older releases. This is a good thing, since that's the quality I expect out of them. The last release I bought from them was Koimonogatari, which let me down a bit with its flimsy case. Doukyusei on the other hand uses a rigid case, just like their Fate/Zero releases. Apart from the BD itself, it comes with a cute set of postcards and a small artbook. The artbook itself was nicer than I expected, as it also includes an interview with the mangaka, and a new manga chapter. While it's not a big book by any means, it's a lot thicker than the flimsy artbook that Koimonogatari came with.

As for the disk itself, it's simply great. Out of all the Aniplex releases I own, this one by far looks the best. The film is absolutely beautiful, and the image quality is amazingly clear. A small word of warning though; there's a lot of really bright white in the film, so watching this in a darkened room may hurt your eyes at times, especially when it switches from nighttime scenes to daytime ones. I learned that the hard way.

I watched a downloaded version of this just recently, didn't know that AoA released it. Just ordered my copy. With rightstuf's recent discounts it's actually cheaper for once to buy AoA's releases over the Japanese ones, so it's as good a time to buy as any.

Future Card Buddyfight: DDD [Triple D] Episode 36

Mister J prepares to fight. Ready fort he next fight.

Also I like the BAKS but I wish his cousin was involved again. Gremlin with Davide was the best.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 3 - Kazuma's Ritual (ep 3)
Cyuazm6XgAI99hU.jpg:small
CyubWY2XAAAambA.jpg:small

We got a great round of epic Taiyou action. He really came a long way from Cfvanguard G Stride Gate though he still seems really Chrono obsessed which is pretty awesome. KAzumi is a great fit for the team too.

Taiyou in great Gold Paladins was great. Sunrise Ray Knight Gurguit, Golden Knight of Incandescence, Ebraucus, and Sunrise Ray Radiant Sword, Gurguit .
CyucUQUWQAAwvjO.jpg:small
Cyucox3WEAA3prG.jpg:small
CyudvqdWIAEj5_M.jpg:small
CyueBfIXUAAvuTP.jpg:small

Lostorage incited WIXOSS Episode 9
Wow, I am pleasantly surprised. I never expected that they were going to actually tie the prequels in. I thought for sure this was going to end up being a parallel universe situation.

In other news, man that got dark quick. I did not think they were going to have one of the LRIGs
straight up commit suicide with the blood splatter and all. Poor Chinatsu, if she wasn't fucked up before; witnessing that would have definitely been the breaking point

Hitman 2016 Season 1

Easily the best stealth game this year, if you can ignore/tolerate the pointless online requirements.

Granted, that's not a very high bar considering Dishonored 2 is just Dishonored 1 with more pointless fapping about, and Mankind Divided being just shit overall.

TrueBlue

Rewatching the last ten minutes of Code Geass R2. Man, I hope that the writers come up with a good explanation for how Lelouch played the world.

His return being a literal resurrection through supernatural means would be disappointing, even if it served to explain things nicely.

Taruranto

Rewatching the last ten minutes of Code Geass R2. Man, I hope that the writers come up with a good explanation for how Lelouch played the world.

His return being a literal resurrection through supernatural means would be disappointing, even if it served to explain things nicely.

R2 is like, mostly made of asspulls and retcons, I'm not sure why people expect much. <_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom