• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

This should be physically impossible but Fafner is somehow a worse show than Gundam Wing.

Fucking Gundam Wing with Wu-Fei, Relena et consortes.

Kill me, mechanized samurai-sama...

jonjonaug

Here is my reaction to the new episode of Yuri on Ice.

e6LWIWL.png

wait is yuri on ice 2 cour or just 12 eps

feels like its ending in 2 episodes

2 episodes left

Taruranto

Given how much it is selling and Mappa lacks of hits, there is no way we are not getting a S2+Movie.

There is the other character called Yuuri if they consider Japanese Yuuri arc done anyway.

Given how much it is selling and Mappa lacks of hits, there is no way we are not getting a S2+Movie.

There is the other character called Yuuri if they consider Japanese Yuuri arc done anyway.

What would an s2 do, Yurio and these others getting a second chance while yuri and viktor are off honeymooning around the world? I guess thatd be nice if they were written out the plot.

A s2 could be a prequel thing I guess, what made yuri and others get into skating?

Jarmel

Banned
Why the fuck is Shaft adding even more work onto the pile? Aren't they already having production issues with that OVA series currently? Add on top of that the Fate show they have airing next fall. Where are they going to find time to do a movie?

Selector Infected WIXOSS | 01 - 03

Decided to give this a go considering there's a lack of shows that interest me this season and also that my friend kept bugging me in watching it ever since it aired 2 years ago. After 3 episodes in, I have to say I really like it; my only gripe is that the card game itself is barely explained for me to know how it works (still don't) but I'm mainly here for the psychological crap so it's balanced out I guess. The show, so far, gives a very Madoka Magica vibe in the theme revolving around young girls and wishes, but unlike a current airing anime that borrows from Madoka Magica *cough* Magical Girl Raising Project*cough*, this one isn't insufferable and so blatant about it.

Can someone who is not a mega fan tell me if it's worth watching My Hero Academia? I don't particularly care for, and actively groan, over shonen action style 'weak guy gets stronger and stronger' stories but if it's worth it?

Though I remember plenty of negative reactions when it was airing.

Can someone who is not a mega fan tell me if it's worth watching My Hero Academia? I don't particularly care for, and actively groan, over shonen action style 'weak guy gets stronger and stronger' stories but if it's worth it?

It's not worth it, especially based on what you've written here.

duckroll

You should just watch Sword of the Stranger... again.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Ai5rsCQ.png

god dammit

Now I gotta read/watch this

For the record, he only shows up in one scene (IIRC) during a certain arc that won't be animated until the end of season 2, but yeah you'd get a massive kick out of his scene.

Serious answer, the manga is really good, but it doesn't really hit its stride until a ways in, and while the anime has its moments, you're better off just reading the manga and watching those certain eps.

The art of MHA in the manga is downright incredible and the anime sadly fails to really capture its style and the adaptation just comes off as just standard for the most part. Especially when you compare it to something like Mob Psycho. It has its highlights though. The All Might scene in episode 12 is freaking fantastic.

You'd also like All Might as well, with his shtick being naming his punches after American cities/states.

Cornbread78

Poco's Udon World ep.9
Oh no, I don't see this ending happily for Poco and Shouta as a couple folks are starting to figure out he's really an adorable tanuki and not a human boy... I can see Poco having to revert back to him tanuki form permanently soon to break Shouta....

Lol. It's exactly what you don't want, but it could be a fun watch if you can deal with 19 mins of buildup to showcase 1 moment each episode.

I enjoyed it despite that huge pacing issue.

Taruranto

Manga is better.

Pretty much, I still don't think BoH works as an anime with the kind of pacing/setup the manga has. (Unless they go for a 500 episodes one like Bleach/Naruto)

Curious about something, those stuff that get release in Kyo ani's Esuma Bunko(Light novel label) always get release as an anime later?

Was wonderting if this TSURU-NE would get made into an anime?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ht-novel-imprint-offers-some-cute-boy-archery
CzETZqiUQAAL9Y-.jpg

Maybe if they decide to give another shot at the Free audience.

read it. manga is solid battle shonen.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists ep.35
Damn, these basara just kwep getting more and more OP with special powers... I really hope Rokuro uses that new move he's been working on to pummel this jackass. They need to get stronger and fight their own battles at sone point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember when Euphonium was about music instead of drama.

#euphogate

Poco's Udon Wolrd 8

omg...I legit cried non stop once Poco went missing, it was such a beautiful presentation of parenting, it was too much. Wow beautiful....

now onto episode 9, I need to be ready to cry again.

duckroll

Someone on the Garo Divine Flame team is a real fan of Spiderman.

When the film was in production, action director Park Seong Ho talked about his influences from superhero films, Marvel stuff in particular. It's all over Garo Divine Flame. Lots of notable motions in the action - Spider-man, Hulk, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, etc. The camerawork is a lot more like Hollywood superhero films too.

how are you assholes watching garo

I wanna watch it

Well I can't speak for the others, but I bought the blu-ray!

Cornbread78

So are the below movies any good:

Memories
Paprika
Steamboy
Tekkonkinkreet

Walmart has them bundled for 24.95 and I'm lookingvfor some movies to watch on the way down to and back from NYC next week.

Will any of you guys be in rhe city Wed. night?

So are the below movies any good:

Memories
Paprika
Steamboy
Tekkonkinkreet

Walmart has them bundled for 24.95 and I'm lookingvfor some movies to watch on the way down to and back from NYC next week.

Will any of you guys be in rhe city Wed. night?

Paprika and Tekkonkrinkreet are amazing. Steamboy was meh but you might enjoy it. Haven't seen Memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom