• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm going to say the answer to why they would spend so much time on side characters is that they love ice skaters more than they love ice skating.

I kind of feel like it's the opposite. They spend so much time on showing every single performance that it hurts how much time they can spend fleshing out the characters. One of the issues I have with the show is how one note so many of the ice skaters are. Besides Yuri and Yurio there isn't much characterization to the final six. They seemingly all have their gimmick/trait but they don't come across as real people.

However I do see your point but that's also why I feel the direction is undisciplined as the staff want their cake and want to eat it too. They don't have enough runtime for what they want to do so they're trying to do both with middling success in both areas.

blurr

I actually loved this week's 3-gatsu. It felt very human in its blend of hardship and humor, and the comedy actually worked for once. More than that the dramatic elements here we're not emotionally exploitative, so the character backstory could just kind of speak for itself. The show is basically running two ED sequences right now though, and I was watching this in the bath so the unexpected torture of baby voices singing about shogi to CG cats was completely unavoidable.

Yea lol, I wish the original ED came back.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 70

I love how Beerus and Champa's fight kicks off with them saying "No, you!" and shoving.

Also Yamcha sorta got a win, in typical Yamcha fashion...

Also, is Goku gonna die next episode!?

download.png

Preview also has what looks like Gohan checking Goku heart for a pulse.

Taruranto

Dragon Ball Super 70

It's a baseball episode, so that means Yamcha won't get owned right?

NOPE

I can never look at the last pose in the same way after watamote. Sad.

Why don't we let Westworld and FF15 in on the voting too? Maybe we can vote Trails of Cold Steel 2 as our anime of the year.

I'm OK with this if we can get Fata Morgana in also. It may make trying to convince people to read it easier.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I kind of feel like it's the opposite. They spend so much time on showing every single performance that it hurts how much time they can spend fleshing out the characters. One of the issues I have with the show is how one note so many of the ice skaters are. Besides Yuri and Yurio there isn't much characterization to the final six. They seemingly all have their gimmick/trait but they don't come across as real people.

However I do see your point but that's also why I feel the direction is undisciplined as the staff want their cake and want to eat it too. They don't have enough runtime for what they want to do so they're trying to do both with middling success in both areas.
I do not mean to say that the show really cares about the ice skaters as characters...just that the series seems to really adore the idea of the ice skater and how the ice rink allows these characters to express their own love in a physical manner. This is Yamamoto though so the expression of love is all just sexual really. If the love was for ice skating itself I think there'd be a stronger technical focus on that element, but the show went out of its way to gloss over the construction of a routine because it just wants to enable male ice skaters to flex their sexual prowess on the ice.

Narag

Winner take all final game where one team hadn't won in 60sh years and the other hadn't in over 100. All the stars came out to play, managers trying to outfox the other, a guy retiring after the game hit a home run, a sudden tie thanks to a three run homerun off a tired pitcher, extra innings, a rain delay during extra innings, then finally the 108 year curse being lifted for the away team that had come back from a 3-1 deficit to win it all.

blurr

Girlish Number 09

No matter how much you despise Kuzu, you have to admit, he has very nice voice over work that adds that personality to him, frequent shifts in tone elevate the playfulness towards his work and attitude.

Likewise Chitose isn't anywhere near likeable in terms of her personality but I always find it funny looking at her high and conceited at home. How much lower can she get. It's only a matter of time she makes a horrible mistake anyways. Practically everyone's seen through her but only Gojo is direct about it.

Thoraxes

How about we all just vote World Series Game 7 for anime of the year? Because it was the most anime thing ever.

Oh hell yeah. Cubs then CS2 followed by puppets.
Winner take all final game where one team hadn't won in 60sh years and the other hadn't in over 100. All the stars came out to play, managers trying to outfox the other, a guy retiring after the game hit a home run, a sudden tie thanks to a three run homerun off a tired pitcher, extra innings, a rain delay during extra innings, then finally the 108 year curse being lifted for the away team that had come back from a 3-1 deficit to win it all.

Also last inning the other team got the winning run on base for the last out. One HR could've ended it all.

duckroll

Sounds pretty anime.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not sure if this means anything but Xebec might be creating/expanding an internal CGI production sub-studio. I think they technically have one now but it's mostly for monitor works and post production elements like composition. It looks like they might be expanding according to this ad.

I thought the FMP CGI was going to be done by Sunrise DID but it might be done by an internal team at Xebec. That sorta makes sense as DID could be preoccupied with Origins V coming up in the Fall.

This is also worth reposting now that more people have finished Exodus but here is a 50 minute talk by Takashi Aoki talking about the digital photography and general production for Exodus. Of course the only one who could actually understand what Aoki is saying is probably duckroll. lol

Just T

Bubuki Buranki: 21-23

These three episodes were wild. I still don't think the whole Epizo and Laetitia thing worked at all so no points there. However, Laetitia scene still was sad, Guy was pretty ruthless this season but glad it didn't too long for people to realize how they can't trust him. Another thing I didn't think worked so well was Justin, they just kinda let it go easily, eh.

Those were minor blemishes though cause these episodes were really entertaining and pulled off some hype moments. They answered a lot of questions and also raised some a bit with Migwa's revelation but the last fight was great and honestly this felt like the last episode, guess the next one should just be a little time skip or something, that would suffice.

This show stumbled a bit but glad it brought itself together, this has really been a show worth watching.

phaze

I'm not sure if this means anything but Xebec might be creating/expanding an internal CGI production sub-studio. I think they technically have one now but it's mostly for monitor works and post production elements like composition. It looks like they might be expanding according to this ad.

I thought the FMP CGI was going to be done by Sunrise DID but it might be done by an internal team at Xebec. That sorta makes sense as DID could be preoccupied with Origins V coming up in the Fall.

This is also worth reposting now that more people have finished Exodus but here is a 50 minute talk by Takashi Aoki talking about the digital photography and general production for Exodus. Of course the only one who could actually understand what Aoki is saying is probably duckroll. lol

Wait, am I condemned to Kazuki as MC in Exodus too ? Dropped.

TrueBlue

Mob Psycho 100 5 - 12

Excellent on nearly every level. Consistently hits the mark in terms of comedy and drama. The series is an absolute treat on an audio-visual front, and the characters are both incredibly likeable and memorable - even the minor ones.

AOTY contender for sure.

Duradura!! Episode 1

...I should probably watch this again. Preferably not at 3 in the morning after marathoning another series.

Iron Blood Orphans 36

Iok Kujan is actually me starring in a Gundam show. Iok Kujan is a precious snowflake and must be protected. Can't wait to see these showdowns about to happen. Everything involving this Mobile Armor have been the best parts of this season.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
man, the opening of occultic nine is something else really. So many cool pictures and images appearing for quarters of seconds. I love it.

Just T

3-gatsu no Lion: 7

Been a while since I've watched this, almost forgot how annoying it can be with the extra stuff. Nonetheless, nice episode the baseball dude seems cool and seems like a good experience for Rei. I liked the scene where the color crept in also.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I skip it every time :(

nooo it's great!

Also I just realized all the suspense music cues, the various "detective work" music pieces and the bgm in general is also great. Even if one piece seems to be ripped right out of 999 lol.

Also, the outro music is cool.

I like this show a lot heh.

/XX/

Hmm, it could perfectly be... although I have the impression that maybe CGWORLD instead could also be taking some liberties using that promotional key visual as reclaim for that job post. For instance, RAKUJOB keeps listing those same open job positions but for the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 project including the upcoming new series, as part of the staff renewal that commenced this past spring.

Coincidentally, it is still one of the most solicited offers on the service in the animation category, as of late-November:

【アニメ】注目職種!3Dアニメーターの求人 | アニメゲームマンガ専門 ラクジョブ新聞
http://raku-job.jp/news/mailmagazine/59264/

blurr

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 11

Wow, that beam scene was pretty fucked up. That's going to be pretty traumatic for the kid.

The rise of a third faction is interesting but only so much knowing that it has a simple basis for doing what it does. Perhaps there's going to be narrative consequences of this incident.

Iron blooded orphans 36

I swear I would have have hated the show
for killing Ride
, but it's ok they did not, at least not yet. I love how they describe beams as old tech and how it's mostly useless on new suits, I was kind of surprised when it barely damaged the suit.

Also, just kill that Gjallahorn guy, he is so dumb, just kill him hard, he deserves to die.

Jarmel

Banned
Hmm, it could perfectly be... although I have the impression that maybe CGWORLD instead could also be taking some liberties using that promotional key visual as reclaim for that job post. For instance, RAKUJOB keeps listing those same open job positions but for the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 project including the upcoming new series, as part of the staff renewal that commenced this past spring.

Coincidentally, it is still one of the most solicited offers on the service in the animation category, as of late-November:

【アニメ】注目職種!3Dアニメーターの求人 | アニメゲームマンガ専門 ラクジョブ新聞
http://raku-job.jp/news/mailmagazine/59264/

Yea you're probably right although they do mention using 3DSMax which is interesting as previous works, as far as I'm aware of, were done on Cinema 4D.

Iron blooded orphans 36

I swear I would have have hated the show
for killing Ride
, but it's ok they did not, at least not yet. I love how they describe beams as old tech and how it's mostly useless on new suits, I was kind of surprised when it barely damaged the suit.

Also, just kill that Gjallahorn guy, he is so dumb, just kill him hard, he deserves to die.
Iok is perfect, don't hate bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom