• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen
kSBcLar.png
Better than the first movie, it's unbelievably good. Superb animation, Araragi's abs, fantastic cinematography, Hanekawa's panties, creative fights, Arararagi's abs, teen Heart-Under Blade, fantastic reaction faces, Ararararagi's abs. This movie has everything that matters.

-Minsc-

Gintama 200-201

Vlcsnap-2015-03-19-20h21m57s171_zpscefmlvrf.png

Good times. :) I haven't watched these episodes since they aired back in 2010. Where has the time gone? It has been five and a half years already.

You follow a few gaffers and your twitter is suddenly just nothing but Nier: Automata fanart.

Thankfully, it's the sleazy type. The best type of fanart.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You follow a few gaffers and your twitter is suddenly just nothing but Nier: Automata fanart.

Thankfully, it's the sleazy type. The best type of fanart.
Give it like two weeks and it will go back to Pokemon and catboys.

Theonik

I still can't belive that Nier: Automata is actaully a thing.
It sounds like some kind of dream scenario that would never actually happen, like say a Castlevania game by From Software.
Coming in a PlayStation event Nier you.
Capcom would never allow it.

Szadek

I just watched the first Cardcaptor Sakura movie
Similar to a precure movie, it's stand alone and basically a very long episode.
I watched after episode 35 as it was recommended to me.

It was a decent little site story great visuals and animantion.
If you like the series you might as well watch this movie as well.

I will slow down with the series for now. There are still 35 episodes as well as a movie felt and I down want to burn out on the series.

Currently I'm still watching Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou, after that I will get to Assassination Classroom and March comes in like a lion.
I also still need to give ReLife and Bungou Stray Dogs a shot.

Cornbread78

Poco's Udon World/END
ahVDsfc.jpg

I knew it was coming and it used generic themes, but at the same time, it was very well done. Definitely my favorite show of the season that always left a feel good feeling and a smile on your face after watching it. These types of shows are always needed and this on did a great job being the "feel good" experience.

Taruranto

I still can't belive that Nier: Automata is actaully a thing.
It sounds like some kind of dream scenario that would never actually happen, like say a Castlevania game by From Software.

Yoko Taro has been obviously blackmailing SE.

I mean, how else do you explain Drakengard getting resurrected after like 10 years?

RainForce

Banned
Occultic Nine end

Good finale that could have been amazing and almost Steins;Gate tier if it didn't leave so much stuff up in the air. So much just flat out didn't get resolved.

Code Geass 1-3

I don't think I care fore a single character design in this show, but I knew that going in. Mech wise Suzaku's Lancelot in episode 2 is acceptable.

I don't really care for any of the high school/not directly connected to the conflict characters.

Code Geass 1-3

I don't think I care fore a single character design in this show, but I knew that going in. Mech wise Suzaku's Lancelot in episode 2 is acceptable.

I don't really care for any of the high school/not directly connected to the conflict characters.

you are in for a hell of a ride. better buckle up.

Quasar

Poco's Udon World/END
ahVDsfc.jpg

I knew it was coming and it used generic themes, but at the same time, it was very well done. Definitely my favorite show of the season that always left a feel good feeling and a smile on your face after watching it. These types of shows are always needed and this on did a great job being the "feel good" experience.

Really am wondering if this is anime original given its still an ongoing series.

manfestival

I havent really paid attention to the shows of the season but I usually get some fantastic recommendations later on after some time has passed
so is iron blooded orphans s2 worth it? I tried watching the first 2 episodes and I was immediately detached despite going all the way with the first one

also what other shows are good for the shonen/action lover like myself?

Cornbread78

I havent really paid attention to the shows of the season but I usually get some fantastic recommendations later on after some time has passed
so is iron blooded orphans s2 worth it? I tried watching the first 2 episodes and I was immediately detached despite going all the way with the first one

Magical Girl Raising Project has some decent battles, but the character growth in nonexistent.

Really am wondering if this is anime original given its still an ongoing series.

Interesting. I wonder if that scene at the end of the credits was a hint at more?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you want to be a modern magical girl anime you replace the action scenes with idol performances.

Puruzi

Banned
It's still monster of the week, so I'm not sure why you're all picking it up now???

It says they do battle with evil fairies and they replaced the "rough fist fights" with "colorful pop battles"

The biggest complaint I have about this film is that the romantic elements felt tacked on, but overall I was very impressed by it.

I can agree with that idea. While I did enjoy the lighter parts of the romance subplot, it did have more focus and caused more unnecessary drama than I cared for. But I guess there needed to be some sort of dramatic shift at some point, but only hoped it could've been handled better.

Hyouka 1
37d5mDD.jpg

I just don't understand.
Been watching too many large-scale world-saving conflicts, so dialing it way back with some mundane high schoolers solving trivial mysteries. Pretty comfy, but I'm waiting for the girl with the short hair to show up.

Sterok

I watch Precure for the fights, because even weak seasons usually have some good ones. Though maybe some sort of shakeup would be good.

Maho Girls Precure 46

Now the Precure are Santa. I'd say teleporting the presents in is cheating, but they don't do that on Earth. But delivering it to the front door is boring. I feel sorry for that one lady villain whose name I can't remember. She has to kill time with a bunch of extras until the finale. But most importantly, it's time for Mage Hunter Kana to shine. Best side character in the show by far. And that poor monster. All it wanted was a present, but the naughty Precure blew it up anyway.

jman2050

The idol industry is darker than anything Urobuchi could think up.

I'm imagining Kyubey contracting girls to become idols instead and I somehow feel like that would be far more effective at inducing despair and gathering grief seeds than that whole magical girl business.

It's still monster of the week, so I'm not sure why you're all picking it up now???

It says they do battle with evil fairies and they replaced the "rough fist fights" with "colorful pop battles"

The biggest problem with Precure as a series appears to be how wedded to convention it is, even when individual series show some desire to do something else. So if Kira Kira can really break out from that into its own thing, it'll be very appealing to me.

Ascheroth

I'm currently at episode 7 of IBO S2 and that last arc was really dumb and awful, but apparently the recent episodes have been awesome, so I dunno if I would recommend it yet.

The only good shonen/action show I can think of from this season was JoJo part 4, and that started in spring lol. It ended last week, so now is the time to watch it (or the 2012 show and Stardust Crusaders first).
Otherwise Haikyuu!! S3 might be the closest and that was great, so watch Haikyuu!! if you haven't.

Can't really think of anything else action/shonen-ish from this season I stuck with.

If we're going back a bit further, there's Mob Psycho 100, Thunderbolt Fantasy, Kuromukuro and Alderamin on the Sky.

Szadek

Not sure how I feel about no monster fights in Kira Kira.
I suppose it's not too bad if they keep alternating between shows that have and don't have fight scenes, but it would really suck if they abandon fights all together.
Precure needs more quiz battles.
60070461.jpg

Anyway, finished S1 of Concrete Revolutio.
I kind of need to watch S2 before I can really make up my mind about this anime, but so far it was pretty good.
The last episode was a very well done climax and pretty much every even slightly important character showed up for the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom