• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand this change? why do it ;( https://twitter.com/Mizuojima/status/813785246818672640
C0slXeOVEAAZjcv.jpg:small

My wife says that it came out during the run that the TV version's background was based off a real life image, as in they just redrew the background from it. Maybe something having to do with that made them decide to redo the back of the room? Outside of something like that I'm not sure I'd see a reason to redo it.

Kuromukuro 14

Kaya is truly psychotic. A UN soldier gets stabbed in the leg defending him while he's blithely filming an intense battle between two aliens(?) and all he can say is "Oh, I guess he's human." He has allowed the Internet to completely disassociate himself from reality, and it'll be a miracle if he doesn't get killed or get someone else killed by the end of the series.

Kuromukuro 15

I like the direction the story is going, having the fallout from the continued attacks in the area start to cause families to prepare to move away and businesses to close. It brings a touch of the impact of war on ordinary civilians into the show.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Male Top 5:

1. "Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World-" (8.3%)
2. "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable" (7.8%)
3. "KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!" (6.7%)
4. "Mobile Suit GUNDAM Iron Blooded Orphans" (4.5%)
5. "GATE" (3.6%)
Kill all males.

Cornbread78

"Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!!" at 11th place tied with Mob, WHUT?

Yes it was, might even be my AOTY depending if Thunderbolt Fantasy is allowed or not.

well, this year is special since anything within the "spirit of anime" is eligible to be voted in as "Anime" of the year.........

OK, now that my sarcasm is done, yes, I guess we are allowing the puppet show to be voted in as an "anime" this year
lol

Just T

Natsume Yuujinchou Go: 6-11 + OVA

Finished up the season and it was pretty good. The Natori and Touko episodes were unexpected but their perspectives turned out to be entertaining to watch. The OVA with Nyanko was a sweet episode as well. As expected, the season was a pleasant and sometimes bittersweet watch.

The Boy and the Beast:

Been interested in watching this for a while now, so was glad to finally do it. For the most part I was pleased with it, the dynamic between Kyuta and Kumatetsu turned out pretty good overall. There are some areas that were really rough around the edges though. The antagonist felt like it was an afterthought, they vaguely glimpsed it once then grouped it with a character that they didn’t really show much so that made the last part a little jarring and disappointing. The added eventual love interest also didn’t really click that well and she eventually became a hindrance as it went on.

The soundtrack was good and the animation was as well, there were some really stunning scenes in the latter half. However, the story wasn’t as focused as I would have liked, there are a few aspects that would have been better if expanded on earlier in the film. With that said though, I still really enjoyed it.

Gravity Rush – Overture

Studio Khara did their thing here, thought it looked great. Nice treat before GR2 comes out. The action was pretty good and seeing how close Kat and Raven have gotten is cool. Also, the credits were dope.

Kansoku

So I'm bored and trying to update my PTW now that I have even less time to watch anime!. I had some recommendations saved and all but I'm hungry for more. MAL link to help. I'm looking more for stuff that I might have missed in these past few years, but if you HAVE to recommend something older, go ahead. And anything and everything goes except Gundam.

Thanks!

Exalted

well, this year is special since anything within the "spirit of anime" is eligible to be voted in as "Anime" of the year.........

OK, now that my sarcasm is done, yes, I guess we are allowing the puppet show to be voted in as an "anime" this year
lol

Well that's good to hear :p

Actually , if you haven't yet watched Thunderbolt Fantasy definitely try it out, story wise and thematically i think it's something that matches your taste in shows, who knows you might even really like it.

phaze

So I'm bored and trying to update my PTW now that I have even less time to watch anime!. I had some recommendations saved and all but I'm hungry for more. MAL link to help. I'm looking more for stuff that I might have missed in these past few years, but if you HAVE to recommend something older, go ahead. And anything and everything goes except Gundam.

Thanks!

Thunderbolt Fantasy
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Devil is a Part Timer
Shin Sekai Yori

Shorts:
To Be Hero
Tanaka
Miss Bernard said
Hackadoll
Somera-chan

Cornbread78

I, too, spent all my talent points in parlor tricks.

tMi73w3.png

Thanks!

Wow, our tastes are pretty similar...

drop everything else and watch Konosuba

recent stuff:
Konosuba
Yona of the Dawn
Alderamin on the Sky
Poco's Udon World
Twin Start exorcist

Older stuff:
Blast of Tempest
Full Metal Alchemist
Clannad
Angel Beats
Kanon (2006)
Air
Cross Game
Nodame Cantabile

Thanks!

Free!
Guilty Crown
M3
Hero Bank
Kimi to Boku
Nijiiro Days
Phi Brain
Haikyuu!!

phaze

Ajin S2 13 END

Really ? You had a finished, if rushed story there and decided to bust it open in the very last second, with pretty much no new hook but only a promise of reprise of the up till now stuff ? Euugghh.

And weren't Ajin's supposed to be completely new peeps after losing their head ? Unless that's part of Satou's mystery ...

I didn't really pay too much attention to Ajin lore but pulling The Flood phenomenon to save Nagai and decide the issue feels weak asf too.

I've been warming up to this second season a bit but this soured me on it again. A fairly heavy downgrade from the decent S1.

-----------------

OT: Is there a lot of grinding involved in FFX ? Thinking about making my 3rd attempt at jRPGs ...

Thanks!

Haikyu
World Trigger
Twin Start exorcist
Seven Deadly sins
Ajin
Seraph of the End
Poco's udon world
Big windup! oofuri

How was Euphonium S2, all told? I haven't seen S1 or S2 and was considering starting it up, but felt like a saw a lot of complaints this time around (compared to the first season).

Better, worse, a wash? Trying to figure out if it's worth picking up or not.

OT: Is there a lot of grinding involved in FFX ? Thinking about making my 3rd attempt at jRPGs ...

No. Most post-8-bit JRPGs should have little if any necessity to grind to complete the story.

How was Euphonium S2, all told? I haven't seen S1 or S2 and was considering starting it up, but felt like a saw a lot of complaints this time around (compared to the first season).

Depends on what you're looking for. The animation and photography work is, if anything, even better than S1. It's often jaw-droppingly gorgeous. The overall series planning from a writing perspective is pretty sloppy though, and there's a lot of melodrama of questionable value.

At any rate, the performance in episode 5 is extremely well done.

Qurupeke

Definitely worse, it's not as tight as S1 and it is unnecessarily melodramatic. I enjoyed it, but it didn't live up to the expectations.

EXTREMELLY melodramatic and with a heavy focus on teen drama, which Kumiko for some reason seems to be a magnet for. If season 1 was about the music being played by a bunch of kids, season 2 is about the kids that are playing the music. Whether this is a good or bad thing, idk. The melodrama is seriously over the top, and something that seems just slapped on to what was an incredibly entertaining show. Almost feels like the author didn't have confidence in her work from season 1 and felt the need to create an "emotional hook" for the viewers.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I would say go up to episode 5, maybe episode 6 and then you are good.

Quasar

For me it's been a wash. Enjoyed it as much as S1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom