• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

I've never touched Bleach, my friend used to buy all the manga but something told me it was garbage so I didn't even bother.
The art style looked like garbage. I've only been wrong once with that parameter. And that was with FMA. I thought it was a children's show. Luckily I gave it a shot and saw that it was really good. Bleach, I don't see that happening though.

The art style looked like garbage. I've only been wrong once with that parameter. And that was with FMA. I thought it was a children's show. Luckily I gave it a shot and saw that it was really good. Bleach, I don't see that happening though.

Everyone tells me to check FMA, I just never did.

I mean, it was only recently people started telling me about it. And after everything I've been through the last year, watching it was pretty low on my priority list.

*shrug*
FMA is about a man fucking up the lives of him and his brother trying to get back a loved one and coming out stronger in the process. You just might actually be able to relate to it. It's like Korra, but less of a narrative mess for the most part. You should watch both series cause after the midway point they're two very different shows. I honestly like elements of both of them.

-Deimos

FMA is about a man fucking up the lives of him and his brother trying to get back a loved one and coming out stronger in the process. You just might actually be able to relate to it. It's like Korra, but less of a narrative mess for the most part. You should watch both series cause after the midway point they're two very different shows. I honestly like elements of both of them.

Yeah, watch both if possible. They're both amazing.

I love original series Shou Tucker.

Yea that entire early arc is the only feather in the original series cap when compared to Brotherhood tbh .

didn't care as much for his "redemption" arc filler story near the end though (it would have been nice if he succeeded on his ultimate goal but that would destroy everything about the series as a whole) .

Yea that entire early arc is the only feather in the original series cap when compared to Brotherhood tbh .

didn't care as much for his redemption arc filler story near the end though (it would have been nice if he succeeded on his ultimate goal but that would destroy everything about the series as a whole) .
How
was that fool redeemed? Dude was nuts and probably knew enough about alchemy to know that he couldn't bring his daughter back or at least not in the state that he intended. Him talking to a husk makes sense.
This shit ain't Naruto. There are no Deus Ex Jutsu's.

How
was that fool redeemed? Dude was nuts and probably knew enough about alchemy to know that he couldn't bring his daughter back or at least not in the state that he intended. Him talking to a husk makes sense.
This shit ain't Naruto. There are no Deus Ex Jutsu's.

whoops i forgot to add the quotation marks to the word. What i meant was that they were trying to do that but i just didn't give a fuck since he was a POS and it wouldn't work.

If he did succeed it would have nice to see her again but as said that would destroy any semblance of the overall tone the series was going for.

So, I'm gonna be super angry in about 3-5 more hours. Whenever BvS finishes up.

I expect a Veelk on this.

...pls

Sorry for the demand

whoops i forgot to add the quotation marks to the word. What i meant was that they were trying to do that but i just didn't give a fuck since he was a POS and it wouldn't work.

If he did succeed it would have nice to see her again but as said that would destroy any semblance of the overall tone the series was going for.

I expect a Veelk on this.

...pls

Sorry for the demand
Ok that makes a lot more sense now. Still love that show, I have to watch it again at some point. I'm just busy with other shows...and a relationship.
For my 3 favorite heroes of all time and a top 10 villain being fucked over in a joke of a movie?

I couldn't not Veelk out if I tried.
You wouldn't be Veelk if you didn't. I'd be like, "this man dropped several Veelk's in the Bloodborne thread and he can't muster one for a piece of shit movie? This is not the Veelk I respect."

Veelk

Banned
Is that good or bad?

Bad. It's a better made film than MoS was, but it conveys an uglier message.

Think about it like this. How would you feel about a movie that is well made in every respect....it's funny, it's deep, it's insightful, it has good action, it's memorable...and it promotes racism. You can't say it's bad on a technical level, but you can't like the film because of the toxic ideals it promotes.

BvS doesn't promote something as toxic as racism, but it's a similar feeling. Snyder stepped up his game, and delivered a more repulsive product.

Bad. It's a better made film than MoS was, but it conveys an uglier message.

Think about it like this. How would you feel about a movie that is well made in every respect....it's funny, it's deep, it's insightful, it has good action, it's memorable...and it promotes racism. You can't say it's bad on a technical level, but you can't like the film because of the toxic ideals it promotes.

BvS doesn't promote something as toxic as racism, but it's a similar feeling. Snyder stepped up his game, and delivered a more repulsive product.
So where is you're two page long post about this in either a new thread or the OT?

If you like DC I wouldn't say it's a waste of money. Just seeing the characters on screen was hype and worth it for me.

While the movie had real issues I think it's a spectacle worth witnessing at least.

If you like DC I wouldn't say it's a waste of money. Just seeing the characters on screen was hype and worth it for me.

While the movie had real issues I think it's a spectacle worth witnessing at least.
I don't hate DC, their movies just aren't as consistent as Marvel. Is it at least as good as Age of Ultron....which was shit, but at least watchable shit. And by "shit" I don't mean "shit" just not as entertaining as the first Avengers movie.

Veelk

Banned
I don't hate DC, their movies just aren't as consistent as Marvel. Is it at least as good as Age of Ultron....which was shit, but at least watchable shit. And by "shit" I don't mean "shit" just not as entertaining as the first Avengers movie.

Honestly? No.

You'd think that if Snyder would deliver on ANY goddamn thing, it'd be the action, right?

But the first hour and a half of the movie is nearly actionless. We get a chase scene (which was actually really badly done, I thought. The Batmobile just 'felt' slow. And in terms of 'action', it felt like I've seen everything it did in Arkham Knight) and a dream sequence that accomplishes little, but has Batman fighting there. I swear that I was gonna fall asleep as the movie droned on and on.

Then we get to the Batman v Superman, the point of the whole movie. It's okay. Just okay. You saw atleast half of it through the trailers, and it's really unimaginative. If you've seen the fight in The Dark Knight Returns, it's essentially that except shorter and with minor changes made.

The best action scene by far is Batman vs a bunch of goons. It's legitimately impressive, and you saw about 90% of it in the last trailer.

Finally the final battle with doomsday, and it's also okay.

And that's it.

If you want to compare it to Age of Ultron, it had much better action in terms of pacing, creativity, and meaning. You had the opening scene which had the Avengers showcasing their basic abilities, new and old, the presentation of Ultron as a threat, Iron man vs Hulk, the highway battle (which I thought was probably the most impressive action sequence Marvel has done in the avengers movie, as you have Captain America taking on Ultron, Hawkeye in the Quinnjet, Qucksilver and Scarlet Witch changing alliegances), and the final battle culminating with them blowing up a land mass.

Man, actually writing all that out, it's really impressive how much AoU is doing, especially compared to BvS.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'd give points for the Doomsday battle and for the Batman infiltration at the end.

But that's it in terms of the action. How they fucked up the main draw of the movie is beyond me.

Honestly? No.

You'd think that if Snyder would deliver on ANY goddamn thing, it'd be the action, right?

But the first hour and a half of the movie is nearly actionless. We get a chase scene (which was actually really badly done, I thought. The Batmobile just 'felt' slow. And in terms of 'action', it felt like I've seen everything it did in Arkham Knight) and a dream sequence that accomplishes little, but has Batman fighting there. I swear that I was gonna fall asleep as the movie droned on and on.

Then we get to the Batman v Superman, the point of the whole movie. It's okay. Just okay. You saw atleast half of it through the trailers, and it's really unimaginative. If you've seen the fight in The Dark Knight Returns, it's essentially that except shorter and with minor changes made.

The best action scene by far is Batman vs a bunch of goons. It's legitimately impressive, and you saw about 90% of it in the last trailer.

Finally the final battle with doomsday, and it's also okay.

And that's it.
That's horrible. Is Snyder western Kishimoto?

Veelk

Banned
I'd give points for the Doomsday battle and for the Batman infiltration at the end.

But that's it in terms of the action. How they fucked up the main draw of the movie is beyond me.

I don't feel I like the Doomsday battle itself, moreso the fact that this was where all 3 of the heroes got together. I feel I got almost irrationally overjoyed at them staring Doomsday down, just because they're my favorite heroes.

But in terms of actual choreography, it's not doing anything particularly impresssive. I feel there isn't any narrative technique applied to the fights, it's just a little kid mashing his toys together, except that kid is Zack Snyder with a 300 million dollar budget.

That's horrible. Is Snyder western Kishimoto?

Kishimoto was, at one point, genuinely good. Maybe Snyder was as well, I like some of his films, but neither MoS or BvS are those cases.

Ray Down

Banned
Scary thing is I've heard Bleach is worse.

It is, especially the current arc which even after BvS makes it look like a masterpiece.

Seriously the shit with Yoruichi is so fucked up, I could go in deeper but maybe later.

BvS is such a weird film to me, I enjoyed it (more than MoS, which I just found boring and sooo slow) but it has massive problems like the shoe horned JL scene, the Bat origin scenes, Lex in like the last hour with Doomsday, the Knightmare sequence comes off as really weird. If you are a superman fan he really doesn't have much to do really he just really there, Batman using guns (I don't mind it so much but its weird). While I enjoyed it I can't be say I agree with alot of the films problems, if you are gonna see it at the theathers see it at a matinee.

Synder and David are the major problems in the film. I expect the DCU to change no matter what. WBust be sweating on SS.

I don't feel I like the Doomsday battle itself, moreso the fact that this was where all 3 of the heroes got together. I feel I got almost irrationally overjoyed at them staring Doomsday down, just because they're my favorite heroes.

But in terms of actual choreography, it's not doing anything particularly impresssive. I feel there isn't any narrative technique applied to the fights, it's just a little kid mashing his toys together, except that kid is Zack Snyder with a 300 million dollar budget.

Kishimoto was, at one point, genuinely good. Maybe Snyder was as well, I like some of his films, but neither MoS or BvS are those cases.
I can at least say that I liked Watchmen...300 isn't too bad, it's just a bit cheesy these days.

Did you see them in 3D?

I saw the third one in 3D cause I got roped into it and I wanted to kill myself during it
I don't do 3D. Fuck that cost. I saw the last 3 in the theater...I just turn my brain completely off I think. Hasn't even strated yet and I'm already annoyed.

Top Bottom