• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Veelk

Banned
I can at least say that I liked Watchmen...300 isn't too bad, it's just a bit cheesy these days.
Well, I meant that his DC cinematic universe were at no point good. Meaning BvS didn't 'ruin' Man of Steel. I don't mind his earlier work. 300 is exactly the kind of story tailor made for him, and he stuck so close to the Watchmen script (aside from the ending detail of course) that I didn't understand the point of the adaptation at all, but I didn't find it offensive.

This though? Man...

Also, one more caveat of the movie. While the batman scene was legitimately good, rockstwady should probably sue them because it was straight up lifted from the arkham games.

There was some shit I liked, there was a lot of shit that I thought was shit and there was a portion of that shit that I thought was fucking shit. Pull that motherfucker Snyder the fuck away from these things. I don't care if he sues, cries or whatever. Get. Him. The. Fuck. Away. From. This fucking franchise. His tone is heavy handed and too fucking morose to be fucking enjoyable. I liked the soundtrack, Alfred, Bat fleck and Wonder Woman. That's fucking it. Alex Luthor pulled some Black Zetsu shit and he's fucking weird as fuck. It was like some fucking Clockwork Orange torture chair shit. A superhero movie should not have the same weight and tone as David Cronenberg's The Fly.

Veelk

Banned
Again, the failures of others make me appreciate the small mercies of Legend of Korra. As badly written as it is, atleast it is benign. Well, they did have that stupid Jack Bauer phase they put korra in. But compared to what they did with Batman... Right now, at this moment, I could probably watch Legend of Korra and appreciate it's good parts without complaint of the bad.

Hamlet

The Korra 2.0 project has finally been announced it's Voltron: Legendary Defender
Coming off of the critically acclaimed Nickelodeon series The Legend of Korra, Dos Santos and Montgomery found themselves looking for the next step in their career. The answer, as it turned out, would come in the form of five interlocking lion robots.
“At one point in time, we heard that DreamWorks had acquired Voltron, and so we all started spinning,” said Montgomery. “We were like, ‘We could make that film! We could make it good!”
Voltron: Legendary Defender makes its debut on Netflix on June 10, 2016, which means I’ll have time to binge all of it before San Diego Comic-Con becomes my every waking thought.
looks alright

Again, the failures of others make me appreciate the small mercies of Legend of Korra. As badly written as it is, atleast it is benign. Well, they did have that stupid Jack Bauer phase they put korra in. But compared to what they did with Batman... Right now, at this moment, I could probably watch Legend of Korra and appreciate it's good parts without complaint of the bad.
Korra never
stabbed somebody, nailing them to a wall in the process.
I mean how is any criminal even alive after the first meeting with this Batman running around? It'd be like if Korra just fed Naga the criminals she was fighting after she defeated them.
Bet Kuvira wishes she had THAT mech instead.
That mech requires a team of friends though...

fandumb__102__they_dated_so_he_knows__avatar__by_neodusk-d9x9r4v.jpg

I still haven't seen it
Do yourself the favor and just wait for Civil War. I wouldn't recommend BvS to anybody. Just a horrendous waste of time and money. I liked Batfleck and the soundtrack, but the rest? Fuck that horseshit. Jesse Eisenberg went from mildly entertaining to dude what in the holiest of fucks is your god damn problem.

Veelk

Banned
Do yourself the favor and just wait for Civil War. I wouldn't recommend BvS to anybody. Just a horrendous waste of time and money. I liked Batfleck and the soundtrack, but the rest? Fuck that horseshit. Jesse Eisenberg went from mildly entertaining to dude what in the holiest of fucks is your god damn problem.

"Now God.... Something something... JUST AS PLANNED!"

I actually think Eisenberg as Lex is the least of this movies problems, but ye gods, fucking Unalaq wasn't that obnoxious.

It had lasers, explosions and Batman beating the shit out of people. Good enough for me.
Oh ye of little standards...
"Now God.... Something something... JUST AS PLANNED!"

I actually think Eisenberg as Lex is the least of this movies problems, but ye gods, fucking Unalaq wasn't that obnoxious.
His crazed monologue at the end had the guy sitting next to me in fucking stitches. He was fine till the end when he just turned into a crazed bundle of tics and quirks.

Veelk

Banned
His crazed monologue at the end had the guy sitting next to me in fucking stitches. He was fine till the end when he just turned into a crazed bundle of tics and quirks.

The funniest audience moment to me was at the end of the film, one guy just started clapping and NO one joined in. But he didn't want to be dissuaded, so he kept clapping for like 20 seconds, by himself.

The funniest audience moment to me was at the end of the film, one guy just started clapping and NO one joined in. But he didn't want to be dissuaded, so he kept clapping for like 20 seconds, by himself.
I guess only he liked it. There are apparently dozens of fans of that movie.

Ugh I can't believe they messed up BvS so badly.

And the worst part is that somewhere in there, deeply buried, is potential for a decent film.

But I don't know what the fuck Terrio was thinking. Nor Snyder, nor Goyee nor anyone else who was involved.

I'm hoping that maybe the extended cut will give us a Kingdom of Heaven situation but I'm not holding my breath.

I've been meaning to get into the ATLA graphic novel trilogies and am set to start on The Promise soon.

Just to keep expectations in check: how are these, generally?

Yeah I'm not too interested in reading them and the enthusiastic "They're OK" statements are pretty much red flags. There's better stuff to read, if you're that desperate just PM Veelk for some suggestions.

I mean, you watched the entirety of Naruto and read the manga, what's a bit more trash reading to us?

I mean, you watched the entirety of Naruto and read the manga, what's a bit more trash reading to us?
I'm not done watching Naruto yet. Work sucked up all of my morning anime time, but I'll get to it in a few weeks. I mean shit if I can survive debating Psycho Mantis on end I can survive anything.

I'm not done watching Naruto yet. Work sucked up all of my morning anime time, but I'll get to it in a few weeks. I mean shit if I can survive debating Psycho Mantis on end I can survive anything.

If you can survive Book 2 of LoK, especially its trash finale... Nothing can stop you.

Top Bottom