• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, but you should watch fma because it's one of the best written anime available.

Come for the waifu's, stay for the story.

Veelk

Banned
I know it's harder to get people into the manga, but I still think it offers the best fma experience overall.

The first anime has the best mood and acting, but veers off into silly territory by the end.

Brotherhood has some of the best animation ever, but the first part is ridiculously rushed and there are tiny imperfections that bother me.

The manga is... Well, a manga and has the limitations inherent to the medium. No music, no color, static images. Those are a lot of neat bells and whistles to do without. But the narrative itself is best told there.

FeenixRising finished episode 1

I still don't know what the fuck I'm watching.
It will eventually start making sense though watching like the first 20 eps of the prior series would help yoo. Brotherhood is like the first series in cliff notes form when it comes to the introduction of the story.

I could only finish the 1st episode because I was at work. Now I'm in class.

I only have free time tomorrow morning, before I have to work in the evening. Then I work for 11 hours on Saturday, then another 6 on Sunday. Then I work from 10-4 Monday thru Friday this coming week... Then go to class from 5:30-10:30 Monday thru Thursday,

So... Yea, no free time at all :(

I could only finish the 1st episode because I was at work. Now I'm in class.

I only have free time tomorrow morning, before I have to work in the evening. Then I work for 11 hours on Saturday, then another 6 on Sunday. Then I work from 10-4 Monday thru Friday this coming week... Then go to class from 5:30-10:30 Monday thru Thursday,

So... Yea, no free time at all :(
Welcome to dat bullshit "please lord just fucking kill me" work life. I've been doing work related shit since 6:10 this morning in my fucking pajamas and I'm still at work circa 5:42pm and I'll still be doing some work related horse shit at 11pm.

Welcome to dat bullshit "please lord just fucking kill me" work life. I've been doing work related shit since 6:10 this morning in my fucking pajamas and I'm still at work circa 5:42pm and I'll still be doing some work related horse shit at 11pm.

This shit is crazy. I ain't complaining though, the money I make off my GI Bill + Pell Grant + Work is decent... But damn, I'm not a machine... I'm not cold and lack feeling like Book 2 of Korra.

This shit is crazy. I ain't complaining though, the money I make off my GI Bill + Pell Grant + Work is decent... But damn, I'm not a machine... I'm not cold and lack feeling like Book 2 of Korra.
Nobody is though I want to Jack Bauer the idiot I'm filling in for at work like Book 2 Korra.

Nobody is though I want to Jack Bauer the idiot I'm filling in for at work like Book 2 Korra.

The guy I'm filling in for is an Air Force reservist and he's going away for a month. Yay.

I just want to strap him to a chair and make him watch Book 2s ending over and over when he gets back. Not because he's leaving, I'm prior military so I know how it is... But he waited until the last minute to tell us so now we're rushing around trying to figure out how this is going to work.

The guy I'm filling in for is an Air Force reservist and he's going away for a month. Yay.

I just want to strap him to a chair and make him watch Book 2s ending over and over when he gets back. Not because he's leaving, I'm prior military so I know how it is... But he waited until the last minute to tell us so now we're rushing around trying to figure out how this is going to work.
That's fucking stupid. My guy just hopped on a plane for 2 1/2 weeks to go to Japan, for another vacation. He's had like 5 vacations for the slightly over 2 years he's been here for. I'm going insane dealing with my boss for that amount of time. I have a 3 day tolerance with him. I still have to survive tomorrow and half of next week. I sent the idiot a message on Facebook asking him when he's getting back and he just looks at it and doesn't respond. Asshole.

They would've just been the most crankiest mother/daughter duo ever. But still happy together.
I think watching her actions influence and change Kuvira for the better would actually help Lin out emotionally. Same could be said for Kuvira. These two people pretty much just see the task and only think of that. Being emotionally happy seems to be the furthest thing on their minds, but I think that's just a case of the live they live. Changing it up by having a constant force and connection in their lives would benefit the both of them.

-Deimos

Don't feel like it, episode 2 told me all I needed to know. Now watching a dumb ass false prophet not know he was being recorded.
I'm not even really suggesting it to give you more background info, cause Brotherhood does that fine. It's just that the original is just as good as Brotherhood and should be watched if you have the time. If you don't, then yeah stick to Brotherhood.

I'm not even really suggesting it to give you more background info, cause Brotherhood does that fine. It's just that the original is just as good as Brotherhood and should be watched if you have the time. If you don't, then yeah stick to Brotherhood.

Everyone who told me to watch FMA:B just told me to outright skip FMA, so that's what I did.

Crazy people. FMA did a lot of things better than Brotherhood. Seriously, if you have the time, watch both.

Yep. Overall direction, tone, soundtrack (especially the soundtrack), and art direction are still strong. Only downside is that it's stuck in standard-definition hell.

Both series is a lot of episodes to watch though. As much as I prefer the 2003 version, I understand why most people only bother recommending one of the two.

Weird that they were announced like 9 months ago and all we've gotten is an artist announcement and a character design.

Nothing new, I suppose. Legend of Korra release schedule stays terrible. lol

Hamlet

Any word on the Korra comics?

Just a Fall of 2016 estimated date last I saw
Though there is a free Korra comic coming out next month for Free comic book day

tumblr_nzh0qtEUjV1t0cmeyo1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom