• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

tumblr_oc6y87iwLc1rpjglfo1_1280.jpg

Veelk

Banned
You know, knowing LoK's more 'mature" pretensions, I'll bet that the writers atleast considered making Zutara a thing and having Aang bang Toph or something.

Angbang sounds like some kind of vile sex act Jaded and Feenix would watch. "Jaded, Toph just got angbanged!" "In how many holes?!"

You know, knowing LoK's more 'mature" pretensions, I'll bet that the writers atleast considered making Zutara a thing and having Aang bang Toph or something.

Angbang sounds like some kind of vile sex act Jaded and Feenix would watch. "Jaded, Toph just got angbanged!" "In how many holes?!"
Everyone knows the answer to that question is all of them.

Trey

I finally caught up with Smoke and Shadow Part 3, and I have to say it's the most pointless comic resolution yet. The preceding stories at least felt like they lead to something solvent, even if the storytelling throughout was questionable. But here, the plot fizzles out early in the story arc, and finally rests at an awkward position that doesn't at all feel honest to the characters, nor an interesting development.

It feels like the comic writers are more interested in quirky vignettes that sorta feel like the charm AtLA had, but aren't building up the universe at all - nor do they bridge the gap between the two series.

Speaking of comics, is anything to come of that Korra comic series?

Toa TAK

Banned
Nothing, sadly. It's looking like it's going the way of the soundtrack.

And man, it seems like the comics in general don't match up to the show. Shame. Maybe it's better that we don't get a Korra comic.

I finally caught up with Smoke and Shadow Part 3, and I have to say it's the most pointless comic resolution yet. The preceding stories at least felt like they lead to something solvent, even if the storytelling throughout was questionable. But here, the plot fizzles out early in the story arc, and finally rests at an awkward position that doesn't at all feel honest to the characters, nor an interesting development.

It feels like the comic writers are more interested in quirky vignettes that sorta feel like the charm AtLA had, but aren't building up the universe at all - nor do they bridge the gap between the two series.

Speaking of comics, is anything to come of that Korra comic series?
It's looking like there won't be any news until New York Comic Con at least.

Veelk

Banned
I feel nick really destroyed the branding of this series. This was one of the most recognizable cartoons at one point. Now, with how they supported LoK and it's lackluster performance, it struggles to get its own comic out. It's really frustrating because TLA is not a universe that's been exhausted of its potential.

Veelk

Banned
Still nothing and i hope it doesn't since they have fucked up this much already.

Everything that has occurred seems to re-enforce that ATLA was a lightning in a bottle moment :/

That's a common phrase, and I just never really believed it. I've read plenty of Avatar fanfics that are easily worthy of the prestige of TLA. If random people on the internet can bring a worthy continuation of the story, then it's clear it's success is replicable. And I honestly believe that applies to any series. No such thing as one time only success that couldn't have been more.

Top Bottom