• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Speculation but I think the very fast shot of Cap looking around while a couple walks past him has something to do with Scarlet witch tricking him. Maybe we'll see a Peggy hallucination?
That's the same costume.

Shit never looks the same in set pics as it does in the final version and people always throw a fit over it.

Huh really? I see the set costume in the trailer towards the end when he runs up and stops while the one in the gif looks like a full bodysuit. In fact I think the one in the gif is similar his concept art.

Huh really? I see the set costume in the trailer towards the end when he runs up and stops while the one in the gif looks like a full bodysuit. In fact I think the one in the gif is similar his concept art.

On second thought, I dunno actually.

15604737712_835223d680_o.gif

AVENGERS-ULTRON-QUICKSILVER.jpg

Looks kinda similar, but yeah the shirt is definitely different. Or just looks like he's got a jacket on instead of a shirt.

The pants look exactly the same at least.

Wazzy

Banned
On second thought, I dunno actually.

AVENGERS-ULTRON-QUICKSILVER.jpg

Looks very similar, like they just took out the bright parts in post or something. Or just looks like he's got a jacket on instead of a shirt.

The pants look exactly the same at least.

With that comparison it also looks like he has a collar which would be like his comic costume.

I'm getting more and more excited to see shots of Quicksilver and Scarlet.

Ithil

I think SW having literal glowing magic energy coming from her hands should adequately set up Doctor Strange having actual magic in his film, kind of like how Thor opened up the possibility of cosmic Marvel for GOTG to be based around.

Before that we've seen magic-like weapons like Thor's hammer, but otherwise it's been mainly tech based stuff.

Ithil

Yeah, I hated how in Xmen DOFP it looks like he's just blinking in and out of view to the naked eye.

Well he was up at Flash speeds in DOFP, much faster than usual Quicksilver. I expect this one will be at regular speeds, which is super speed, but not like "win instantly".

Well he was up at Flash speeds in DOFP, much faster than usual Quicksilver. I expect this one will be at regular speeds, which is super speed, but not like "win instantly".

he's actually a character in this movie instead of a plot device so it would be too broken for him to be that fast.

like why didn't they just have quicksilver do everything because apparently he's the most OP mutant ever.

Irobot82

I did. Guess I didn't take it as literally as you. If Thor couldn't break it Ultron ain't gonna be able to either.

Do you want that crow on a platter or will you be eating it raw? SHIELD BROKEN!

EDIT: Hah. Maybe it'll be me. COuld be a dream :(

- J - D -

he's actually a character in this movie instead of a plot device so it would be too broken for him to be that fast.

like why didn't they just have quicksilver do everything because apparently he's the most OP mutant ever.

It's one of the bigger issues I had with DOFP. I'm usually able to overlook small contrivances, but Quicksilver being such a powerful mutant requires that, if you don't want him to be in the finale, care has to be taken in order to convincingly explain why he isn't there fighting alongside the X-Men.

But no, Peter just goes home after the prison break. Thanks, Singer.

Anyway, it's probably for the best that AoU Quicksilver isn't as fast as DOFP's.

Correct me if wrong, but I don't think this is the exact trailer shown at Comic con. I remember listening to the audio of it and it began with a pretty lengthy section of the Avengers having some fun trying to see who could lift Thor's hammer. Everything after is probably the same though.

The helmet going into bigger helmet cracks me up, but it looks damn cool.

Helmetception.

It pretty much has to. Iron Man's normal helmet has been portrayed as flimsy on numerous occasions. Iron Monger crushed it easily in IM1 and Ultron crushes one just as easily in the trailer. Hulk would rip his fucking head off

Dai101

Banned
Helmetception.

It pretty much has to. Iron Man's normal helmet has been portrayed as flimsy on numerous occasions. Iron Monger crushed it easily in IM1 and Ultron crushes one just as easily in the trailer. Hulk would rip his fucking head off

Don't forget Thor making a big dent on it with just a headbutt

Hi-ho the me-ri-o what's with Pinocchio?

Is that just Disney subtlety reminding us who controls these Marvel films? Is there some reference in the comics that makes more sense? The first time I watched it I didn't connect the dots and I doubt most movie goers would either. That last line came off cheesey and didn't leave some intimidating impression.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Is that just Disney subtlety reminding us who controls these Marvel films? Is there some reference in the comics that makes more sense? The first time I watched it I didn't connect the dots and I doubt most movie goers would either. That last line came off cheesey and didn't leave some intimidating impression.

...what?

Ithil

Everyone = covered in strings
Everyone = puppets
Ultron = no strings on him
Ultron = not a puppet

lethial

Reeeeeeee

Haha, good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom