• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
IvjLG4g.jpg

Ultron has nice legs. Just saying.

At least Ultron will have different forms. Hopefully one has the classic look as they're still using the Ultron face from the Comic Con teaser in their promos. They just used it in the trailer 2 TV spot.
Avengers-2-Age-Of-Ultron-teaser-Trailer-SDCC-2013.png

At least Ultron will have different forms. Hopefully one has the classic look as they're still using the Ultron face from the Comic Con teaser in their promos. They just used it in the trailer 2 TV spot.
Avengers-2-Age-Of-Ultron-teaser-Trailer-SDCC-2013.png
I don't think that teaser was meant to signify anything concrete from the actual movie, since it was still way too early.

Still, I'm witholding judgement because I wanna see how Spader-like in facial expressions he turns out to be.

I don't think that teaser was meant to signify anything concrete from the actual movie, since it was still way too early.

Still, I'm witholding judgement because I wanna see how Spader-like in facial expressions he turns out to be.
The fact they're still using it in their promotional material has me holding on to that sliver of hope.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In my ideal AoU, we see Ultron's final form as being more akin to the comics and what we see in those pictures above, and that's kind of symbolic of him relinquishing his last ties to humanity, whereas beforehand he's still modelling his being physically and mentally after humanity.

Do we have any moments where the teeth/first trailer design is referred to as the final form? I feel like media has either assumed that or it's been put out there explicitly. I don't put it past Marvel at all to lead us all on and it not being the case, though.

sol_bad

In my ideal AoU, we see Ultron's final form as being more akin to the comics and what we see in those pictures above, and that's kind of symbolic of him relinquishing his last ties to humanity, whereas beforehand he's still modelling his being physically and mentally after humanity.

I agree with this completely, he'll want to completely relinquish his ties to humanity and not look like them.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
This is from the EW cover:
EW1321-1322-Ultron_612x380.jpg

avengers-age-of-ultron-trailer-600x275.jpg

That said, the Ultron with teeth doesn't look that bad in action. Joss must want him to emote more with his face.

The fact they're still using it in their promotional material has me holding on to that sliver of hope.

Do we have any moments where the teeth/first trailer design is referred to as the final form? I feel like media has either assumed that or it's been put out there explicitly. I don't put it past Marvel at all to lead us all on and it not being the case, though.

Yeah I agree, and I remember saying so a while back (possibly this thread iirc). He starts out like a child, modeling himself maybe even subconsciously after humans. And then the red glow comes out in greater prominence when he starts to lose his shit.

This is what I've assumed the final form is for a while now, though it curiously is closer to the drones than the trailer version.

I thought that EW cover is just the drone unit with red light, to show that he's the leader I guess, I don't think that's his final form. the one with teeth is probably the final one unless Marvel decide to keep the final form after that as a surprise for the movie.

Are these the same form?
Yes

Yeah I agree, and I remember saying so a while back (possibly this thread iirc). He starts out like a child, modeling himself maybe even subconsciously after humans. And then the red glow comes out in greater prominence when he starts to lose his shit.
I much as I would like that to happen I feel like it's going to be the other way around. I think the one we're seeing every company produce be his final form. Wouldn't have minded if they made his original face structure act more as a battle faceplate that covers his eyes and mouth.

Not sure what this is from exactly but it looks pretty close to the comic counterpart.

wn1FQFm.jpg

XAL

Yes

I much as I would like that to happen I feel like it's going to be the other way around. I think the one we're seeing every company produce be his final form. Wouldn't have minded if they made his original face structure act more as a battle faceplate that covers his eyes and mouth.

Not sure what this is from exactly but it looks pretty close to the comic counterpart.

wn1FQFm.jpg

drones

I think the final form will look that once he finally severs all "humanity" connections.

That is my thought as well. The one we keep seeing with the moving mouth and teeth will be the close to final form, but the final one will probably be closer to the classic Ultron design where he goes for a less human face.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
That is my thought as well. The one we keep seeing with the moving mouth and teeth will be the close to final form, but the final one will probably be closer to the classic Ultron design where he goes for a less human face.

I'm just sitting here waiting for majestic as fuck feather helmeted Thor.

guek

Banned
I kinda suspect Ultron will get a hammer to the face at some point and get battered to look pretty close to his comic book self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom