• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
More possible details:

SchmoesKnow: HOT SCOOP: What Female Character Might Have a Key Role in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron?’ (Potential spoilers)

http://t.co/6fS8yPdpk7

Claudia Kim?
I don't think it'll happen, although it'd be cool if it did
even if my fan-cast for Mantis is Aubrey Plaza.
One of the few complaints I have for GotG is that she wasn't in it (I can understand why they'd skip Phylla though), guess they didn't want 2 green-skinned ladies in the team :(

The rumor might not turn out, but
James Gunn has said he would be adding new members..and I thought mentioned maybe a female? Mantis is like one of two or three females that could be added.

Gartooth

The rumor might not turn out, but
James Gunn has said he would be adding new members..and I thought mentioned maybe a female? Mantis is like one of two or three females that could be added.

I would be awestruck if Mantis wasn't in GotG2. She fits the "weird alien" vibe way better than Moondragon and Phyla.

I would be awestruck if Mantis wasn't in GotG2. She fits the "weird alien" vibe way better than Moondragon and Phyla.

I can see one reason why they might not add her, which is mainly that she's another green character. Two green lead women in one movie might lead to too much confusion.

bigmase21

10421351_10152575497787344_6893863185691661210_n.jpg

This stance is dope
I hope they keep this suit for Civil War

I can see one reason why they might not add her, which is mainly that she's another green character. Two green lead women in one movie might lead to too much confusion.
Nah, they already have plenty of blue skinned men and women in the movie, two green women won't confuse people, especially if one of them have more alien look which I assume mantis is going to look if she make it into gotg2.

Nah, they already have plenty of blue skinned men and women in the movie, two green women won't confuse people, especially if one of them have more alien look which I assume mantis is going to look if she make it into gotg2.

I dunno. They caught a lot of shade for all the green and blue people. They might try mixing it up a little more.

EulaCapra

If
Mantis
(who?) is in, she won't be green. Maybe they'll add in some lime-green or yellow paint blotches, but I would think Marvel would use this as a marketing opportunity to sell an Asian female heroine and keep her as natural looking as possible save the antennas. And it's definitely going to be played by Claudia Kim who's still going by the vague "Dr. Cho" in this movie.

And if not, they'll give it the next [sadly tokened] Asian-American actress picked to play every Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese/etc role...Jamie Chung.

BLACKLAC

I also think they should have stuck with the Winter Soldier Cap costume...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Cap didn't have his stealth suit through the second half of WS.

Personally I liked his civilian clothes and shield look best. Some King of Fighters shit right there.

But his new suit in AoU is baller as fuck.

jf203Ijs5HUKh.jpg

duckroll

Don't really see the point of Captain America in the MCU having a suit in the first place honestly. He should just go shirtless, with the helmet and pants of course, since it has to stay PG-13.

FeD.nL

Are you guys crazy? The AoU suit is basically the stealth suit with more traditional colors & design. It's perfection.

It really is.

The only one I don't really like so far is Scarlet Witch her costume. Hope it does not mean for that they go the Fear itself look for Dr. Strange, just for the sake of contemporary.

Don't really see the point of Captain America in the MCU having a suit in the first place honestly. He should just go shirtless, with the helmet and pants of course, since it has to stay PG-13.

tumblr_n3m99zIlPz1su6zr6o4_400.gif

With the set of pecs Cap's sporting, he'd knock himself out if he tried fighting shirtless. Those puppies need support.

pel1300

Are you guys crazy? The AoU suit is basically the stealth suit with more traditional colors & design. It's perfection.

The traditional colors look out of place imo, stick out way too much. I like the more subtle colors of the Winter Soldier costume.

Pachimari

Um yeah at least to me. I'm sorry but I can't fuck with a captain america costume if it doesn't usually have the traditional colors (even though I hated the avengers 1 costume) .
First you say the Avengers 1 costume is the best and then you finishes off saying you hate it?

So you hate the ones in TFA, Winter Soldier and AoU even more?

Nelo Ice

Banned
that suit is so ill. i need to find a good t shirt with that design on it one of these days.
I saw so many people wearing a shirt with that design while I worked at Disney World and I have still yet to find where they got it . Unless everyone is just getting the hot topic shirt.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I like the colours, but I'll wait until the movie to judge it. Winter Soldier suit is still the best so far though.
captain-america-winter-soldier-2.jpg

Yep. This suit is the shit. I really loved it, and hated when cap had to return to the spandex suit for the final fight.

Those broaaaaaaaad shoulders .. MMM MMMMMMMMMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom