• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool,some neat jackets on there

Captain%20America%20Winter%20Soldier%20Bucky%20Barnes%20Leather%20Jacket-450x568.jpg

Diggin this one.

AMUSIX

What does POS stand for in that context?

Because it looks like the other one.

As others have said, it means Point of Sale, and, most likely, it's stating that if I, as a theater owner, orders this package (or a few of them) I get the little cardboard standees that hang out around the register advertising these (or maybe even posters and other props). Essentially, you're not just getting the merchandise, but the promotional materials useful in getting people to want to buy the merch.

Also, this is a really odd thing to have been posted here (or anywhere for that matter). But, hey, theaters would probably love them, they cost less than $2 a piece, I can ramp up the existing, already inflated price of my drinks by easily double that, and even offer free refills, if I want.

Just rewatched all of the phase 2 films and i realize a few things

- Iron Man 3 is so much better on the rewatch, a great film if you can get past the Mandarin twist

-Thor 2 is still a steaming pile, but with a few good moments

- Cap 2 is one of the greatest political thrillers of all time

-GotG is still GOAT

Neoxon

- Iron Man 3 is so much better on the rewatch, a great film if you can get past the Mandarin twist

-GotG is still GOAT
I'm a bit easier on Thor 2 since Loki made the movie remotely decent (& there are much, MUCH worse movies out there). Though I agree with the rest.

-GotG is still GOAT

The Hulk movie is so inconsequential to the MCU it's comical.

-GotG is still GOAT

I agree with all except I didn't think Thor 2 was shit but very middle of the road, and IM3. IM3 as a stand along film looks even more lacking after having seen the greatness of The Winter Soldier. After the "hail to the king" one shot and the possible ways in which the events of IM3 (clean slate) may have directly led to events which set off AoU, my opinion may end up higher than it is now. Seeing how expertly Cap was handled in WS by buffing him and really showing off his skill set with an excellent solo adventure makes me wish IM3 could have a do-over. I'm all for showing Tony's power is really his intellect and ingenuity, but the way they went about it was lame. The PTSD aspect could have been more significant than just 2 instances and dropping it midway. And if your going to have him MacGuyver'ing it without the suit (which is cool) for a while then make sure to give us a good deal of actual Tony inside fully powered non-prototype suit action as well. Avengers has my favorite Iron Man action and I'm confident Whedon won't dissapoint for AoU. We're also way overdue for some real Iron Man/War Machine team up action, get that Iron Patriot garbage out of here.

guek

Banned
I'm a bit easier on Thor 2 since Loki made the movie remotely decent (& there are much, MUCH worse movies out there). Though I agree with the rest.

I'm in the same boat. I rewatch all the MCU movies fairly regularly, I like having a movie on in the background while I'm working or reading. Thor 2 is kinda mediocre in general but it's not absolute garbage.

I really hope AoU has a distinct genre identity like the last few MCU films. Winter Soldier was a spy thriller and Guardians was space-fantasy, I'm hoping they make AoU similarly distinct. Whedon made the first Avengers a bit of a throwback to silver age comics, I wonder if he'll continue with AoU as a sci-fi disaster film.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
We're also way overdue for some real Iron Man/War Machine team up action, get that Iron Patriot garbage out of here.

Hell yes. Hopefully Rhodey is gonna defect to Cap's team in Civil War (i have no idea, but then we'd get to see proper Iron Man vs War Machine) , but before that we gotta see some War Machine ROCKS.
tumblr_mm91nb6uO71qa5uv4o1_500.png

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Hell yes. Hopefully Rhodey is gonna defect to Cap's team in Civil War (i have no idea, but then we'd get to see proper Iron Man vs War Machine) , but before that we gotta see some War Machine ROCKS.
tumblr_mm91nb6uO71qa5uv4o1_500.png

Rhodey gets seriously injured in the fight with Ultron, and instead of dying, Tony does what Tony does best; resurrect him using technology, fusing Rhodey with the Warmachine armor.

War_Machine_Vol_2_12_Textless.jpg

Renekton

And if your going to have him MacGuyver'ing it without the suit (which is cool) for a while then make sure to give us a good deal of actual Tony inside fully powered non-prototype suit action as well.
The problem with full-powered suit scene is it becomes this shallow special effects sequence, like Transformers, Hulk vs Abom or Jaegar vs Kaiju.

Tony having only flimsy prototypes against Killian made the fights more human vs human, allowing for more fun choreography, clever moves and matching wits.

The problem with full-powered suit scene is it becomes this shallow special effects sequence, like Transformers, Hulk vs Abom or Jaegar vs Kaiju.

Tony having only flimsy prototypes against Killian made the fights more human vs human, allowing for more fun choreography, clever moves and matching wits.

So we should restrict something potentially awesome because it uses Special Effects?

What?

No.

The story and context makes it compelling, not the use or non use of CGI.

Peru

So we should restrict something potentially awesome because it uses Special Effects?

What?

No.

The story and context makes it compelling, not the use or non use of CGI.

In several Marvel movies special effects have been misused to create boring action - it's not about whether it uses special effects or not, but when a superhero action movie scene is reduced to sheer spectacle with characters just swooping around aimlessly then it's a case of interest in the spectacle of visual effects damaging the movie. And with these movies it's absolutely essential that you show restraint - otherwise it becomes a boring, samey, loud crash of a movie. The heroes can't just show off their max power full stop, it's dull filmmaking - and creating excitement and intense action scenes in other, creative ways is essential.

ShOcKwAvE

This cover is so awesome. The whole team finally. Just missing Vision.

Although we all know Vision will be there, the majority of movie-goers aren't following it and for them it will be a hugely surprising, crowd-pleasing moment. Disney is clearly trying to build up that surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom