• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
The Avengers 1 helmet looked stupid. All the others looked good.

It's mainly the bright, white letter A on top of the horrid shade of blue that annoys me, but it also makes his head look huge in comparison to AoU's.

the-avengers-chris-evans-captain-america-image.jpg

that suit is so ill. i need to find a good t shirt with that design on it one of these days.

Yep. This suit is the shit. I really loved it, and hated when cap had to return to the spandex suit for the final fight.

Those broaaaaaaaad shoulders .. MMM MMMMMMMMMMM

I think Evan's physique certainly helps. Would love a similar get-up/shirt but we all know we wouldn't look as good wearing it :p

I think the blue looks better darker like the set photos, compared to the figure.

I like the stealth suit, although in some shots the shoulder padding looked a bit much.

Edit: That hideous suit from A1 is the sole reason I haven't watched it more than once on bluray

I think they nailed it with the Age of Ultron Suit.

I think the problem is that I'm not a comic guy, which makes the complete outfit a bit unfamiliar to me and having the lower face exposed like that doesn't make much sense. I know that it looks better in the comics, but as an actual object in a movie, I think it looks bad. It doesn't help that he doesn't really need it in the movies.

e: Quite the opposite, actually. When he takes the thing off, you know shit is going down. At least in TWS.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I like the colours, but I'll wait until the movie to judge it. Winter Soldier suit is still the best so far though.
captain-america-winter-soldier-2.jpg

ah yes the Commander Rogers inspired suit, just about any long running comicbook char gets a redesign over the years or a bunch of variations. The Commander Rogers will go down as an all time great, like Beast, Archangel, Iron Man and the like.

new_steve_rogers.jpg

If
Mantis
(who?) is in, she won't be green. Maybe they'll add in some lime-green or yellow paint blotches, but I would think Marvel would use this as a marketing opportunity to sell an Asian female heroine and keep her as natural looking as possible save the antennas. And it's definitely going to be played by Claudia Kim who's still going by the vague "Dr. Cho" in this movie.

And if not, they'll give it the next [sadly tokened] Asian-American actress picked to play every Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese/etc role...Jamie Chung.

The green part is a recent development, anyway.

ah yes the Commander Rogers inspired suit, just about any long running comicbook char gets a redesign over the years or a bunch of variations. The Commander Rogers will go down as an all time great, like Beast, Archangel, Iron Man and the like.

new_steve_rogers.jpg

for tshirt wise I prefer the comic book symbol than the movie

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
379ch.gif

The helmet is iconic for Captain America. Not as iconic as the shield, but still a big deal. Who the hell do you think Marvel is, Fox?

One can argue that Thor's winged helmet is just as iconic, but you don't hear people complain that Chris Hemsworth almost never wears it.

Gartooth

I dunno. They caught a lot of shade for all the green and blue people. They might try mixing it up a little more.

I think they did a good job of switching it up for character designs in that movie. Drax's skin was much more grey than green which made him stand out from Gamora for instance.

I do agree though that I want Mantis to be distinct from the rest. Since Bug won't be a major player in GotG anytime soon due to legal junk, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mantis incorporate more insect-like elements beyond just green skin and antennas.

It's an aesthetic aberration.

Evans looks approximately 1579% better without the helmet.

He's a masked super hero. Regardless of his identity being known, it's still part of the costume. It's a problem I'd also have with Wolverine, though I think Wolverine's mask is far harder to replicate in real-life than Cap's is(which is fair grounds for a pass, unlike Cap). Cap's fine and it's good to have some masked super heroes represented.

Neoxon

One can argue that Thor's winged helmet is just as iconic, but you don't hear people complain that Chris Hemsworth almost never wears it.
People complain about that a lot, though Thor's helmet is quite heavy (a personal discomfort for Chris Hemsworth). Cap's helmet is practical & not nearly as heavy on the head.

G-Fex

He's a masked super hero. Regardless of his identity being known, it's still part of the costume. It's a problem I'd also have with Wolverine, though I think Wolverine's mask is far harder to replicate in real-life than Cap's is(which is fair grounds for a pass, unlike Cap). Cap's fine and it's good to have some masked super heroes represented.

We can have Batman's helmet with the ears.

But Wolverine? Ohh that's just too out there. Impossible.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
there's some on ebay and amazon its faux leather

I checked the origin of that pic and found the site that sells it. Has it in synthetic leather or real leather. Torn. It's tacky and awesome at the same time.

XAL

It's an aesthetic aberration.

Evans looks approximately 1579% better without the helmet.

He looks better, sure. But he nearly gets his head blown off in the causeway scene in Winter Soldier. Nat saves him.

The helmet serves its purpose when the bullets are flying. Cap isn't bulletproof.

It's not pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom